Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket prices? 15:37 - Jan 22 with 6872 viewsconnell10

Being as we aren't gonna trouble the top half of the table anytime soon do you think the club will consider putting ticket prices down next season?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ticket prices? on 16:27 - Jan 22 with 3492 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just what the club needs, even less money coming in.

The grass is always greener.

Ticket prices? on 16:41 - Jan 22 with 3460 viewsAntti_Heinola

Zero chance.

Bare bones.

Ticket prices? on 16:53 - Jan 22 with 3434 viewsRBlock

Given that we're a London club who are absolutely fvcking skint, and are waving goodbye to the last of the parachute payments, what do you think mate?
Ticket prices? on 16:53 - Jan 22 with 3429 viewsToast_R

Non negotiable?

I would say people will moan but turn up regardless but that clearly isn't the case.
Ticket prices? on 17:03 - Jan 22 with 3407 viewsstevec

Next season, reckon the club should offer all season ticket holders their money back if we finish top six.

Club put half of it, say £3m on us finishing top half (probably even money) the other £3m on finishing top six (probably around 3/1).

Top half the club cuts even, top six the club makes an extra £6m.

If we finish bottom half, never mind, TF loses money like this every season on a Caulker and it'd now be in his interest to get us top half. Plus, we'd most likely sell a lot more season tickets.

Lee Hoos? Pah.
Ticket prices? on 17:12 - Jan 22 with 3382 viewsNorthernr

Is Lee Hoos speaking a different language to everybody else when he lays out our situation?
Ticket prices? on 17:22 - Jan 22 with 3360 viewsstevec

Ticket prices? on 17:12 - Jan 22 by Northernr

Is Lee Hoos speaking a different language to everybody else when he lays out our situation?

He just hasn't got a Betfair account
Ticket prices? on 17:24 - Jan 22 with 3357 viewsconnell10

Ticket prices? on 17:12 - Jan 22 by Northernr

So we keep paying prem prices? Our crowds will drop even further if this continues, i think our prices are far to high!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket prices? on 17:24 - Jan 22 with 3355 viewsBlackCrowe

Think I'm probably dropping our STs next year for the first time in over 20 years alas.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ticket prices? on 17:27 - Jan 22 with 3349 viewsBushRanger82

Knowing our club, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to put the prices UP!
Ticket prices? on 17:41 - Jan 22 with 3326 viewsLowerloftLad

I know there is a deal on for the Barnsley game in the school end lower but no the prices wont be dropping

For low attendance games is there a deal the club could look at for that stand like £25.00 for an adult and child gets you Barnsley and the wigan for the school end will boost low attendances as neither are likey to sell the top tier never mind the lower tier if advertised early or is sort of deal just not viable
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 18:55]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Ticket prices? on 18:27 - Jan 22 with 3251 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Hoos has explained the pricing structure/reality plenty of times.
Ticket prices? on 19:56 - Jan 22 with 3192 viewsterryb

I've not checked & so I could be wrong, but I think our crowds are at least as high as they were 10 years ago.

Probably higher.

Yes the tickets are too expensive, but reducing them would not attract enough extra fans to match the exiating income.

*Reduce prices by £5 & the income is down circa £65k per match. That would require us to attract around 15,500 to match our current turnover. We have rarely in our history achieved that figure as our average crowd.

* Based on average crowds of 13,000 & average reduced price of £25.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 20:01]
Ticket prices? on 20:06 - Jan 22 with 3177 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not that I barely understand a single digit of it, but when are our latest company house submissions published?
Ticket prices? on 21:15 - Jan 22 with 3056 viewspaulparker

Fair play to those who go week in and week out you all deserve a medal , but it’s way to much money following QPR especially at home , something has to give because next year crowds will be even lower than it’s been this year , we had better crowds and atmospheres in league one
The place is like a morgue

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ticket prices? on 21:26 - Jan 22 with 3031 viewsactonman

Why don't they throw in free tickets for 4th round fa cup games included with season tickets ... fcuk it include all home cup games all the way to final . At least it makes it sound like you're getting something when in reality it won't cost anything to the club
Ticket prices? on 21:48 - Jan 22 with 3000 viewsoddball

ive got a excellent deal for next season one i will be taking up.mates getting a reduced price season ticket and his carer me, gets in for nowt.only thing is i will be going sixfields instead of loftus rd.first time in 45 years but what the hell gonna give it a go.
Ticket prices? on 22:11 - Jan 22 with 2947 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ticket prices? on 17:24 - Jan 22 by BlackCrowe

Think I'm probably dropping our STs next year for the first time in over 20 years alas.

A number of my lot have said the same....it’s worrying.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ticket prices? on 22:39 - Jan 22 with 2905 viewscolinallcars

Same story with my circle of friends. Some have kept their STs going even though they only get to about a third of the games but they now seem to be dropping away. It's hard to be optimistic about the club at the moment, even people like me with lowered expectations. Plus I'm pretty sure prices will rise next season.
Ticket prices? on 00:58 - Jan 23 with 2833 viewsisawqpratwcity

Lee Hoos' job is to make the club as profitable as possible. Of course he doesn't want to drop seat prices, but he will be asking himself, considering the possibility that we don't improve much, how inelastic demand is, too.

So, are we going to get better, given our champagne tastes and tap water budget? And if not, will the punters keep coming? Get those 'what if' spreadsheets going.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ticket prices? on 01:20 - Jan 23 with 2825 viewsYugohoop

Hmm, with qpr+ at £135 I reckon I won't be renewing. I rarely enjoy going to games anymore, the season ticket is just far too over priced for the product and service. Maybe I could even put up with getting ripped off, but what kills me is the death of the atmosphere at the ground. Who's the last player we had who had a song that was sung every other week. Now it's just all generic crap, if the crowd can be bothered with that even.

I really didn't want to renew this year, but thought if I don't I'll miss meeting my mates at the pub. As it turns out, a few of them of them didn't renew this year and the ones who did don't make it to every game. All in all, after 20+ years, I'll settle for the comfort of my home next year. No bad weather and the ability to just switch off when I like. Sounds perfect to me. Also, the qpr + people are so kind that they don't include cup games,so really will be spared.
Ticket prices? on 08:28 - Jan 23 with 2683 viewsEsox_Lucius

Even though it is a 150+ mile round trip I'll still be renewing my season ticket. At the strong risk of appearing sanctimonious, it is times like this that the club need to have loyal supporters who WILL follow the team irrespective of fortunes. Anyone can follow a team that is doing well, the Wembley play off demonstrated that quite clearly, but it is when things are not going so well that the true supporters fortitude shines through. I'm sure all those above who are sacking off their season tickets will be hurrying back when our fortunes pick up once more. Following QPR has, for me, been a cyclical experience of highs and lows, from tearing up the third division and winning the League Cup all the way through to the current doldrums. The highs and the lows are what make QPR so frustrating to watch but I won't be giving up on them just because we are in a period of rebuilding and the quality isn't what it has been in the past.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 16:32]

The grass is always greener.

Ticket prices? on 08:34 - Jan 23 with 2679 viewssimmo

Ticket prices? on 21:15 - Jan 22 by paulparker

Fair play to those who go week in and week out you all deserve a medal , but it’s way to much money following QPR especially at home , something has to give because next year crowds will be even lower than it’s been this year , we had better crowds and atmospheres in league one
The place is like a morgue

I actually think a reduced but hardcore support is often better than an inflated one brought about by success. Especially when games don't go QPR's way - things get v toxic v quickly when people attend just for the result.

As for ticket prices, it will be our biggest source of income once the parachute payments are gone, we already run match days at a loss.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ticket prices? on 08:44 - Jan 23 with 2656 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I caught a couple of games over the Crimbo period, and yet again I found myself looking round and thinking we've got a problem down the line. Sure, many had that same tired expression following the shower from W12 occasions, but it is increasingly evident that our fan base is ageing.

At a time the club has finally, and by dint of phish poor management, realised developing through the youth ranks is the way forward, we could do a lot worse then adopting the same strategy with encouraging younger fans to get into the habit of going to games.

If it were me, then it'd be a 'quid-a-kid' from now until the end of the season. Each kid may well generate some extra cash on merchandising etc., and who knows, they might enjoy it (big ask that I know!).

But if the club continues to be supported by an ageing fan base, you don't need to be too well endowed in the brains department to realise this is long term dangerous.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ticket prices? on 09:01 - Jan 23 with 2634 viewspaulparker

Ticket prices? on 08:34 - Jan 23 by simmo

I actually think a reduced but hardcore support is often better than an inflated one brought about by success. Especially when games don't go QPR's way - things get v toxic v quickly when people attend just for the result.

As for ticket prices, it will be our biggest source of income once the parachute payments are gone, we already run match days at a loss.

I think we are down to the hardcore now bar the odd Scandinavian tourist Simmo and the atmosphere this season has been terrible
in fact its the worst ive known it since I started going in 84,
Its just not enjoyable , ive had season tickets in the past and if I didn't I was a member or if I wasn't a member I would go to about 20 games a season , now I can barley be arsed
and this was someone who would "have to go" or I would pay for tickets on the credit card or whatever to get there , I know we are going through a transition period and I love what the club does off the field ,I like that the club has QPR people behind it, that we are blooding young players and ive never wanted us to go out spend millions and millions but something is missing, something doesn't feel right , I last went to the villa game at home and in days gone by a large away support and a load of fancy dan players would galvanise us as fans and the players alike but it was all flat we couldn't even muster a cmon on you Rss and the players seemed resigned to losing when the 2nd went in , how many times this year has the away support took the absolute p1ss out of us , to many is the answer , HQ is becoming a nice little away day for most teams its to comfortable
I don't know what the answer is but the for nearly 3 years the football has been dire, the matchday experience is dire (bar the odd game) and we are still paying top prices for very average football , next year is only going to get worse imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024