Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extreme Sports 12:11 - Jul 5 with 3555 viewstoboboly

Anything goes

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Extreme Sports on 14:21 - Jul 5 with 2747 viewsR_from_afar

If you think the start of this is scary, wait until he gets to Pitch 27 traverse

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Extreme Sports on 14:51 - Jul 5 with 2702 viewsHAYESBOY

Getting its own Sky channel I hear.

Sky Shin Kicking..................

Smells like a trout farm in here

Extreme Sports on 15:51 - Jul 5 with 2653 viewsstowmarketrange

Extreme Sports on 14:21 - Jul 5 by R_from_afar

If you think the start of this is scary, wait until he gets to Pitch 27 traverse

That’s a piece of push compared to sitting to the side of the goal that qpr are attacking.
Extreme Sports on 16:05 - Jul 5 with 2634 viewstoboboly

Talking of extreme sport, just came across this

Extreme Sports on 16:45 - Jul 5 with 2588 viewsNorthernr

The one I can't get my head around is where they just stand opposite each other and take turns in a free open handed slap to the side of the other guy's head. Some of the footage is absolutely horrendous, people clearly concussed and with enormous swelling standing there to take just one more belt to the head. Meanwhile both codes of rugby currently wetting their pants over HIA to the point the sports are fundamentally changing and becoming unwatchable.
Extreme Sports on 16:59 - Jul 5 with 2555 viewsQPRSteve

Extreme Sports on 16:45 - Jul 5 by Northernr

The one I can't get my head around is where they just stand opposite each other and take turns in a free open handed slap to the side of the other guy's head. Some of the footage is absolutely horrendous, people clearly concussed and with enormous swelling standing there to take just one more belt to the head. Meanwhile both codes of rugby currently wetting their pants over HIA to the point the sports are fundamentally changing and becoming unwatchable.

Extreme Sports on 17:05 - Jul 5 with 2524 viewsSheffieldHoop

Extreme Sports on 16:45 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Compensation culture running rampant. Same thing happening with heading in football.

They cancelled the road racing in Northern Ireland this year as no insurer would go anywhere near it with a barge pole. Not heard of this problem in previous years. Imagine it's only a matter of time before they do the same to the IOMTT.

Cultural vandalism I think you'd call it.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Extreme Sports on 21:51 - Jul 5 with 2446 viewsRanger_Things

Combat Juggling
Login to get fewer ads

Extreme Sports on 22:11 - Jul 5 with 2424 viewsHooping_Mad

Ironing.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Extreme Sports on 22:16 - Jul 5 with 2406 viewsdistortR

Extreme Sports on 17:05 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

Compensation culture running rampant. Same thing happening with heading in football.

They cancelled the road racing in Northern Ireland this year as no insurer would go anywhere near it with a barge pole. Not heard of this problem in previous years. Imagine it's only a matter of time before they do the same to the IOMTT.

Yeah, it's a big worry.
Those who would never take a risk in their lives have increasing control. Warn people of risks, mitigate risk where you can sensibly*, but let people live their lives.

*A few years ago they broadened a 'dangerous' bend on the course. So the racer's now take it faster.

Did a site induction in Australia by a H&S fella, who actually said "When I think of the dangers inherent in cooking and serving a sunday roast........."
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 22:17]
Extreme Sports on 22:48 - Jul 5 with 2374 viewsSAPilgrim

Extreme Sports on 23:13 - Jul 5 with 2345 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Extreme Sports on 08:16 - Jul 6 with 2252 viewshantssi

Extreme Sports on 14:21 - Jul 5 by R_from_afar

Watch the full documentary on this, it’s the equivalent of the first 4 minute mile.
Being an (ex) climber myself, the thought of climbing with no ropes is terrifying!
Another one worth watching is The Alpinist.
Extreme Sports on 08:36 - Jul 6 with 2244 viewsNorthernr

Extreme Sports on 17:05 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

They’re running a trial in RL academy atm - no tackling above the armpit. First game, Leeds v Bradford, 54 penalties. Not the same sport, and not watchable. If people want to play rugby, sign a disclaimer and let them get on with it.
Extreme Sports on 08:41 - Jul 6 with 2240 viewstoboboly

Extreme Sports on 10:00 - Jul 6 with 2194 viewsR_from_afar

Extreme Sports on 08:16 - Jul 6 by hantssi

Watch the full documentary on this, it’s the equivalent of the first 4 minute mile.
Being an (ex) climber myself, the thought of climbing with no ropes is terrifying!
Another one worth watching is The Alpinist.

Good call, I have seen the documentary, it is astonishing and I think your comparison is very valid 👍. There were some serious moral issues for the people filming his climb, like whether their presence was more likely to make him fall. You can also find a very amusing TED talk with Honnold on YouTube.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Extreme Sports on 11:52 - Jul 6 with 2137 viewsMrSheen

I used to see a fair bit of road bowling on holiday in Ireland in the 70s and 80s. Is there much now the country roads are much busier? Not dangerous for the competitors, two old boys hurling a steel ball along the road to see who can get between points in the fewest throws, but it used to amaze me how many would people would be crammed in on either side of the road ahead of them, even falling into the ditch, risking a crack on the head from a cannonball.
Extreme Sports on 12:58 - Jul 6 with 2109 viewsjoe90

Love a bit of rollerblading!

Extreme Sports on 13:18 - Jul 6 with 2087 viewshantssi

Extreme Sports on 13:40 - Jul 6 with 2064 viewsSimonJames

Agreeing with my missus that "Yes, you do look a bit fat in that dress"...
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 9:48]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Extreme Sports on 14:09 - Jul 6 with 2034 viewsR_from_afar

Egg collecting...penguin egg collecting.

Here's an extract from Wikipedia about Apsley Cherry-Garrard's fun trip to nab some penguin eggs, a trip later dubbed the 'worst journey in the world'. A fair description, given that Cherry-Garrard lost a load of teeth due to teeth chattering in the extreme cold. -40 degrees C was the *warmest* it got .

With Edward Wilson and Henry Robertson Bowers, Cherry-Garrard made a trip to Cape Crozier on Ross Island in July 1911 during the austral winter in order to secure an unhatched emperor penguin egg to hopefully help scientists prove the evolutionary link between all birds and their reptile predecessors by analysis of the embryo. Cherry-Garrard suffered from a high degree of myopia, seeing little without the spectacles that he could not wear while sledging.

In almost total darkness, and with temperatures ranging from −40 to −77.5 °F (−40.0 to −60.8 °C), they man-hauled their sledge 60 miles (100 km) from Scott's base at Cape Evans to the far side of Ross Island. The party had two sledges, but the poor surface of the ice due to the extremely low temperatures meant that they could not drag both sledges as intended during parts of the outward journey. They were thus forced to relay, moving one sledge a certain distance before returning for the other. This highly inefficient means of travelling — walking three miles (4.8 km) for every one advanced — meant at times they could only travel a couple of miles each day.

Frozen and exhausted, they reached their destination in 19 days and built an improvised rock wall igloo with canvas roof on the slopes of Mount Terror just a few miles from the penguin colony at Cape Crozier. They managed to collect three penguin eggs intact before a force eleven blizzard struck on 22 July, ripping their tent away and carrying it off in the wind. The igloo roof lasted one more day before it too was ripped away by the wind, leaving the men in their sleeping bags under a thickening drift of snow, singing songs and hymns above the sounds of the storm to keep their spirits up.

When the winds subsided on 24 July, by great fortune they found their tent lodged in a hollow drift at the bottom of a steep slope half a mile away. Cherry-Garrard suffered such cold that he shattered most of his teeth due to chattering in the frigid temperatures. Desperately exhausted by the cold and lack of sleep, they left anything they didn't need behind and began their return journey. Only progressing a mile and a half some days, they eventually arrived back at Cape Evans shortly before midnight on 1 August. Cherry-Garrard later referred to this as the 'worst journey in the world' at the suggestion of his neighbour George Bernard Shaw, and gave this title to his book recounting the fate of the 1910—1913 expedition.

Extreme Sports on 14:58 - Jul 6 with 1986 viewsMrSheen

Extreme Sports on 14:09 - Jul 6 by R_from_afar

Egg collecting...penguin egg collecting.

Here's an extract from Wikipedia about Apsley Cherry-Garrard's fun trip to nab some penguin eggs, a trip later dubbed the 'worst journey in the world'. A fair description, given that Cherry-Garrard lost a load of teeth due to teeth chattering in the extreme cold. -40 degrees C was the *warmest* it got .

With Edward Wilson and Henry Robertson Bowers, Cherry-Garrard made a trip to Cape Crozier on Ross Island in July 1911 during the austral winter in order to secure an unhatched emperor penguin egg to hopefully help scientists prove the evolutionary link between all birds and their reptile predecessors by analysis of the embryo. Cherry-Garrard suffered from a high degree of myopia, seeing little without the spectacles that he could not wear while sledging.

In almost total darkness, and with temperatures ranging from −40 to −77.5 °F (−40.0 to −60.8 °C), they man-hauled their sledge 60 miles (100 km) from Scott's base at Cape Evans to the far side of Ross Island. The party had two sledges, but the poor surface of the ice due to the extremely low temperatures meant that they could not drag both sledges as intended during parts of the outward journey. They were thus forced to relay, moving one sledge a certain distance before returning for the other. This highly inefficient means of travelling — walking three miles (4.8 km) for every one advanced — meant at times they could only travel a couple of miles each day.

Frozen and exhausted, they reached their destination in 19 days and built an improvised rock wall igloo with canvas roof on the slopes of Mount Terror just a few miles from the penguin colony at Cape Crozier. They managed to collect three penguin eggs intact before a force eleven blizzard struck on 22 July, ripping their tent away and carrying it off in the wind. The igloo roof lasted one more day before it too was ripped away by the wind, leaving the men in their sleeping bags under a thickening drift of snow, singing songs and hymns above the sounds of the storm to keep their spirits up.

When the winds subsided on 24 July, by great fortune they found their tent lodged in a hollow drift at the bottom of a steep slope half a mile away. Cherry-Garrard suffered such cold that he shattered most of his teeth due to chattering in the frigid temperatures. Desperately exhausted by the cold and lack of sleep, they left anything they didn't need behind and began their return journey. Only progressing a mile and a half some days, they eventually arrived back at Cape Evans shortly before midnight on 1 August. Cherry-Garrard later referred to this as the 'worst journey in the world' at the suggestion of his neighbour George Bernard Shaw, and gave this title to his book recounting the fate of the 1910—1913 expedition.

I can imagine a gang of irate penguins yanking out their tent pegs and pecking away at their igloo.
Extreme Sports on 01:17 - Jul 8 with 1856 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Extreme Sports on 11:31 - Jul 8 with 1741 viewstoboboly

Extreme Sports on 11:39 - Jul 8 with 1725 viewsaston_hoop

[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 11:42]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024