Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7-2, 6-1 etc etc 20:57 - Oct 4 with 1500 viewsNoDiddley

Why is this only in the Premiership?
I thought lower league sides were shite & prone to goal fest?
Madness
Apart from Brenfart Iof course
7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 21:00 - Oct 4 with 1461 viewsMalintabuk

Inexplicable what is happening in the prem
Is it something to do with playing in empty stadiums
Dont think there has ever been so many goal scored in so few games
7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 21:24 - Oct 4 with 1349 viewsManinBlack

It does seem that the lack of fans is having something to do with it. Maybe some players need a crowd to give their best and up their game. Perhaps more timid players express themselves better with no crowd getting on their back so are not afraid to make mistakes.

It could also have something to do with the shorter break between seasons and less time for new players to gel and its as if teams haven't worked on their defending. If this goal fests continues Sky won't want fans back as must be good for their audience figures.
7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 21:30 - Oct 4 with 1313 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There is a worldwide tendency to freak high-scoring defeats for good teams (No, Man U, sit down, I'm talking to Liverpool). I think it comes from the obsession with a high defensive line and a high press.

I'm a fan of, if not in love with, both. But only if coached well, and only if coached over time. But now the mode is that every team has to play that way, now, even if they have players just purchased who have never played it before.

When it goes wrong, it's a horror show.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 21:49 - Oct 4 with 1215 viewsBoston

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 21:24 - Oct 4 by ManinBlack

It does seem that the lack of fans is having something to do with it. Maybe some players need a crowd to give their best and up their game. Perhaps more timid players express themselves better with no crowd getting on their back so are not afraid to make mistakes.

It could also have something to do with the shorter break between seasons and less time for new players to gel and its as if teams haven't worked on their defending. If this goal fests continues Sky won't want fans back as must be good for their audience figures.

In the right area there Maninblack. The absence of fans means the Refs can do their fcking job instead of bending over backwards to accommodate intimidating crowds, managers or coaches.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 21:50]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 21:52 - Oct 4 with 1203 viewsbosh67

When you think that Leicester humiliated Man City, Spurs humiliated Utd and Villa humiliated Liverpool you start to realise that sometimes playing without fans can throw out these amazing results. Teams start to play without fear. Look at West Ham today. Only 3-0 but they destroyed Leicester today and Leicester destroyed City last week.

It's weirdly entertaining. Even weirder is the sack Ole but not Jurgen or Klopp social media bollox.

These results happen. Bayern destroyed Spurs not so long ago. Today Spurs destroy Utd.

It happens.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 22:00 - Oct 4 with 1166 viewsBoston

If you'd have told Konk at the start of the season that they'd only be three points behind Man Utd after four games, he'd have been thinking about a European campaign!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 22:35 - Oct 4 with 1069 viewspaulparker

If teams are going to play high lines then simple balls over the top are going to beat them, all these teams have pacy strikers
Also if your goal kicks are only going 3 yards then don’t be surprised that your going to get caught and give goals away

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 09:01 - Oct 5 with 816 viewsTheChef

Defending is so 20th century, daaaahhling.

Warbs way ahead of his time, we just didn't realise it. Who needs defenders?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 14:02 - Oct 5 with 645 viewsthemodfather

have I missed something? does the first scorer now get awarded a "try"? teams are losing by rugby scores these days!
7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 15:01 - Oct 5 with 593 viewsSydneyRs

Definitely something in no fans helping some and hindering others. Some feed off the crowd, others dread it.

Man Utd for example would normally have 70k cheering them on and influencing the ref. Spurs winning there not beyond the realms of fantasy but that scoreline certainly is.

Would be very interested to hear some honest opinions from refs on how its affected them, not that we ever will.
7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 15:07 - Oct 5 with 576 viewsPinnerPaul

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 21:30 - Oct 4 by BrianMcCarthy

There is a worldwide tendency to freak high-scoring defeats for good teams (No, Man U, sit down, I'm talking to Liverpool). I think it comes from the obsession with a high defensive line and a high press.

I'm a fan of, if not in love with, both. But only if coached well, and only if coached over time. But now the mode is that every team has to play that way, now, even if they have players just purchased who have never played it before.

When it goes wrong, it's a horror show.

Spot on Brian. These coaching 'ideas' do seem to come and go, I suppose its because all the coaches go on the same FA courses, so in the end all teams, at all levels end up playing in a similar way.
7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 15:13 - Oct 5 with 561 viewsrrrspricey

Not sure there will be a shift in pattern of results; there were a few anomalies in the games mentioned.

Leicester had three penalties, not often seen in a single game; Villa scored from 3 big deflections plus another gift wrapped from Adrian. Manure v Spuds, either Lamela should also be sent off or Martial not sent off. Huge decision in thee game after which Spud score again Utd crumble
7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 20:06 - Oct 5 with 462 viewsManinBlack

7-2, 6-1 etc etc on 15:13 - Oct 5 by rrrspricey

Not sure there will be a shift in pattern of results; there were a few anomalies in the games mentioned.

Leicester had three penalties, not often seen in a single game; Villa scored from 3 big deflections plus another gift wrapped from Adrian. Manure v Spuds, either Lamela should also be sent off or Martial not sent off. Huge decision in thee game after which Spud score again Utd crumble

Your observations about Leicester getting three penalties in one game is a good one as they were the away team. When there were crowds in grounds I am struggling to think of an away team ever getting three penalties against a big club.

There is no doubt VAR and empty stadiums is more beneficial for the away teams and that is reflected by the amount of away wins. How many times have we gone away and the match officials come across as homers giving the majority of the decisions to the home team? Refs get influenced by the baying crowd particularly at the biggest clubs.

No more missiles thrown at players like our team was subjected to in Belgrade with stuff like ball bearings hurled at them during the game. No more Chelsea players wanting to be subbed because of the nasty crowd shouting at them. No more racist chants etc so I can understand if match officials and some players hope we never return in the top two divisions. Although I don't see much point playing football with no fans.

Talking of lots of goals being scored, I notice Bayern Munich have conceded 7 goals in the last two games. Champions League clubs who can't defend...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024