Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend 15:11 - Dec 9 with 2070 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ciara.

I was 11 and in the first year at secondary school in Castletownbere, Cork.

One lunchtime we were listening to a jukebox in the local arcade and a conversation started up among my new friends, that had me completely perplexed.
"Mark was going with Caoimhe", it seemed.
"Seánie was going with a girl from out West"
"Darren was going with two girls from the second year".

I couldn't stay silent any longer.
"Going where?", says I.

When the laughing-at-me-for-ages stopped (it wasn't THAT funny, I thought) they explained that I needed to be going with a girl. It was time.

So at break time the following day I asked Ciara out. She was cool, loved Marvin Gaye, had nice long hair and smelled lovely. At 12, she was An Older Woman, and clearly viewed me with kindness as a project.

At lunchtime, we went for a walk down the strand and she told me that her and ex (my God, she was old enough to have an ex!) used to do it lying down. I thought 'doing it' meant sex and at 11 I wanted to wait a bit longer so I made some excuse and we left the strand.

But not before being seen by one of the fishermen who used to use our bar.

I came home from school, but the story had beaten me home and I was grounded. And I still hadn't even had a kiss.

Ciara was banned from my house and my life, but it didn't stop us. A summer of mix-tapes, secret notes, the odd smoke, the odd kiss and trips on the bumper cars lay ahead.

She left me in the autumn to go back to her ex and she became my first ex.
I was half-relieved. There's only so much poetry a man can write, after all.
We're still friends but she won't go down the strand with me again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 15:14 - Dec 9 with 1632 viewsrsonist

Normal People season 2 is an improvement.
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 15:28 - Dec 9 with 1597 viewsDiscodroids

Suzzane Dyle , 13 years old in the pottery class for my first proper kiss waiting for my toby jug in the kiln.

She was a Stunning west indian Gerogina Hale look a like from Green Street , Upton Park. More exciting than a 48hour dexamyl binge with Rotten Rita at the Warhol Factory.

She was More beautiful than Astronaught apollo 15 Dave Scott explaning his first sight of the sea of fecundity . 18 Months of Tangible Nirvana. Good while it lasted.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 15:35 - Dec 9 with 1575 viewsMrSheen

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 15:28 - Dec 9 by Discodroids

Suzzane Dyle , 13 years old in the pottery class for my first proper kiss waiting for my toby jug in the kiln.

She was a Stunning west indian Gerogina Hale look a like from Green Street , Upton Park. More exciting than a 48hour dexamyl binge with Rotten Rita at the Warhol Factory.

She was More beautiful than Astronaught apollo 15 Dave Scott explaning his first sight of the sea of fecundity . 18 Months of Tangible Nirvana. Good while it lasted.

"Ghost" would have been greatly improved by Patrick Swayze putting a toby jug in Demi Moore's kiln.
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 15:43 - Dec 9 with 1543 viewspaulparker

First crush was a girl kelly french down the end of my road, my old man stiched me up once and sent her a valentines card pretending it was from me, cheers dad

First proper Girlfriend Susanne greaves , loverly girl she knew other mates of mine and we hit it off
Very stunning and a great laugh

Btw Bri my daughters name is ciara, great Irish name that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 16:01 - Dec 9 with 1460 views2Thomas2Bowles

1st real GF was round 14/15 I think, have said about that on another thread a short while back but this reminded me of when I was first told about sex

11 years old and been swimming at Lime grove where there were some older lads being a bit roughhouse
Anyway, in the changing rooms after, for whatever reason ( can't remember ), they told me, all about it.

I left to go home and all I could think was I'M NOT STICKING MY BITS IN NO SMELLY GIRL BITS THAT'S DISGUSTING

Then it hit me ON MY GOD AM I GAY (not the term back then) THAT'S DISGUSTING TOO!

Anyway, things turned out well in the end with 2 daughters for all my sacrifices with putting up with woman bits. I'm a god damn
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:06]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:31 - Dec 9 with 1410 viewswood_hoop

My first 'date' was with a girl from my school year at 13 years old, well chuffed I was, as a few of the 'big boys' in the year had been sniffing around as well.

So off I went one Saturday afternoon stinking of 'old spice' to the local cinema, to my surprise she is waiting for me outside the cinema but standing beside her is her older brother.

Me being very naive and her having Turkish parents she had not let on a chaperone was required to be present, very difficult to sit with 'Atilla the Hun' between us and me impress my beau with popcorn and sweet nothings.....needless to say it was a very short and fleeting romance.
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:42 - Dec 9 with 1393 viewsnix

My first boyfriend was a green-eyed naughty boy from youth club with a penchant for Ian Dury and Elvis Costello, which seemed cool and edgy given my all girls catholic school background and parents who loved Jim Reeves, Perry Como and Jimmy Mathis.

Sadly he ran off with a blonde girl from sixth form college who had rich parents, a swimming pool and a bedroom without her mum chaperoning her 🤣.
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 18:02 - Dec 9 with 1368 viewsDiscodroids

Being the Richard Burton of Liegh on Sea, i've been married 3 times and thus have circumavigated the known parameters of Love in extremis.

However, Brians thread has made me melancholy for Love Lost and i was up the loft stairs like superstars Kjell Isaksson rummaging about in the loft to look for that Toby Jug and by Long John Baldrys fedora i've found it.

Being a homo erectus , how do i upload a picture of it on here?.. it looks a bit like winston churchill crossd with Leighton Reece. i must have really loved her.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 18:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 18:22 - Dec 9 with 1331 viewshantssi

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:42 - Dec 9 by nix

My first boyfriend was a green-eyed naughty boy from youth club with a penchant for Ian Dury and Elvis Costello, which seemed cool and edgy given my all girls catholic school background and parents who loved Jim Reeves, Perry Como and Jimmy Mathis.

Sadly he ran off with a blonde girl from sixth form college who had rich parents, a swimming pool and a bedroom without her mum chaperoning her 🤣.

Growing up it was almost like the holy grail meeting a girl from a Catholic girls only school!
If we went out in Harrow it was like all your Christmases had come at once if the words Sacred Heart were mentioned!
As to my first “real” girlfriend it would be Jackie Linger as ravashing red head when we were about 13 or 14, got back in touch via Friends Reunited when that first came out but not seen for over 40 years!
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 18:24 - Dec 9 with 1325 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not a first GF story, but me and my mate Leonard wrote a joint dirty note to a girl we both fancied when we were 8 or 9.

Obviously we didn’t know what the fck we were writing but it got found and the teacher gave me a letter to take home to my parents which I promptly stuck in a bin.

Anyway, by the time I got home via the childminders my Mum and Dad both knew what had happened because Len had folded at the lightest of touches and spilled the story and presented his letter to his hugely religious Jehovah’s Witness parents who promptly rang my Mum. Despite heavy interrogation I denied everything and felt like Andy McNab getting into bed that evening without TV and heavily bollocked but mouth shut.

I ended up with double the bollockings than Len did because I threw away the letter and lied in addition to everyone treating us both like nonces.

First proper girlfriend 12 or 13 maybe, but it was mostly quick snogs and embarrassed glances and soon forgotten.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 18:26]
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 18:52 - Dec 9 with 1246 views2Thomas2Bowles

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 18:02 - Dec 9 by Discodroids

Being the Richard Burton of Liegh on Sea, i've been married 3 times and thus have circumavigated the known parameters of Love in extremis.

However, Brians thread has made me melancholy for Love Lost and i was up the loft stairs like superstars Kjell Isaksson rummaging about in the loft to look for that Toby Jug and by Long John Baldrys fedora i've found it.

Being a homo erectus , how do i upload a picture of it on here?.. it looks a bit like winston churchill crossd with Leighton Reece. i must have really loved her.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 18:03]

need somewhere to host it. if you have twitter of some other thing that allows upload, photo account or something

I have a fedora, just not very warm in this weather to wear
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 18:54]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 19:53 - Dec 9 with 1197 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was a precocious reader as a child and my first (unrequited) love was Jo March from Little Women. She seemed like an ideal person to have as a role model at that age.

The grass is always greener.

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:21 - Dec 9 with 1173 viewsBlackCrowe

I'm not going into first girlfriends stuff. But my first crush was one of the girls from the New Seekers, followed a year or two later by Policewoman Angie Dickinson and bloody Suzi Quatro.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:29 - Dec 9 with 1167 viewsnix

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 19:53 - Dec 9 by Esox_Lucius

I was a precocious reader as a child and my first (unrequited) love was Jo March from Little Women. She seemed like an ideal person to have as a role model at that age.

Jo was my favourite of the sisters too. So many girl characters were weedy saps but Jo, Anne of Green Gables and George of the Famous Five had a bit about them.
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:36 - Dec 9 with 1148 viewsDiscodroids

as a 9 year old Pans people dancing to joe tex 'aint gonna bump no more' made a huge impression on me.

a few years later chaka khan in her thigh high boots sigining ' this is my night' sent me to the kuiper belt.

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:40 - Dec 9 with 1138 viewsA40Bosh

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 15:14 - Dec 9 by rsonist

Normal People season 2 is an improvement.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:48 - Dec 9 with 1123 viewsMickS

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:36 - Dec 9 by Discodroids

as a 9 year old Pans people dancing to joe tex 'aint gonna bump no more' made a huge impression on me.

a few years later chaka khan in her thigh high boots sigining ' this is my night' sent me to the kuiper belt.

Hills Angels for me Glenn.
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:52 - Dec 9 with 1117 viewsA40Bosh

I think her name was Michelle Jacobs and we met in the holiday park somewhere in Norfolk where we were staying with our families - Caister on Sea rings a bell.

it was the summer of 1980 so I had just finished my first year in secondary school (posh boy's school so hence summer holidays) so I would have been 12 and I have a feeling she was from somewhere exotic up north like Hull or perhaps Kingston Upon Hull ( is that any better?) First bit of a fondle amongst the sand dunes on the coast and bopping to Dexy's Midnight Runner Geno in the family disco.

We used to write to each other for a while afterwards and I used to hide her letters behind my Star Wars Poster in my bedroom. Long distance love was never going to last long. Never saw her again.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 21:04 - Dec 9 with 1096 viewsted_hendrix

Pamela Pottle, class 4B I just loved her and everything about her, unfortunately she was going out with Henry Bickers and he was a hard bastard who never lost a playground fight.
So my love for Pamela Pottle only ever amounted to me gazing at her across the classroom whilst trying to listen and learn how to count to ten in bloody French or whatever that stupid language was.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:27 - Dec 11 with 850 viewsFredManRave

First Girlfriend was Kylie Minogue. Very one sided relationship though. She probably still doesn't even know she was involved.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:42 - Dec 11 with 831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone met their partner at the Rs?
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:44 - Dec 11 with 825 viewsFredManRave

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:42 - Dec 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Anyone met their partner at the Rs?

No. But I have taken her up there.

I live in the south.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 18:38 - Dec 11 with 770 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 17:44 - Dec 11 by FredManRave

No. But I have taken her up there.

I live in the south.

Ha.
First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 19:01 - Dec 11 with 740 viewsloftboy

In our school we had mixed year tutor groups, it was me at to help people get used to mixing with the differ t ages, usually just meant that the 5th years would lock the 1st years in cupboards a d dish out wedgies etc, anyhow as I entered my 2nd year a girl started in my tutor and became my first girlfriend, only last a few weeks but we used to have a snog walking home from school! I was randomly reading the Bracknell news one day when visiting my parents and there was a memorial piece on her in the obituaries and she had passed away in her 30’s.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

First Girlfriend or Boyfriend on 20:16 - Dec 11 with 684 viewsnumptydumpty

emma collet - and I and she were only six

I was only boy at her parties and she was only girl at my parties

It was pure love and respect - no adult complications coming into play

Sadly her family moved away from area couple years later

Perhaps it would have carried on forwards and my seriously dreadful ability to pick women that were so far wrong for me until recent years - well would my life been lot easier !!!!!!

Research on facebook has come up with no feasible data sources !!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024