Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form Table 21:35 - Feb 17 with 5016 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy. This is what patience can get you.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/form-guide
Form Table on 21:38 - Feb 17 with 3844 viewsNov77

This is what Charlie Austin can get you.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Form Table on 21:41 - Feb 17 with 3797 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Form Table on 21:38 - Feb 17 by Nov77

Charlie Austin didn't fall out of the sky like Mr Bean did he.

Credit due to those that signed him, those that have coached him, and those that pick him.
Form Table on 21:43 - Feb 17 with 3740 viewsstevec

Come on Rotherham !
Form Table on 21:52 - Feb 17 with 3612 viewsHunterhoop

Austin’s impact has been beyond what any of us could have imagined.

I loved that moment in the second half where ou could hear him belting out “TIME ROB, TIME” above the din. That is what being vocal is about. He was 60 yards away. Helped avoid giving away a needless throw in rather than our goal kick. That is what the rest of the team needs.

And he pops up for the winner. Watch his movement, when the ball is played to Wallace he is 30 yards from where he shoots from. Sniffs out goals. Needs to somehow teach Dykes this.
Form Table on 22:04 - Feb 17 with 3446 viewssimmo

Form Table on 21:38 - Feb 17 by Nov77

Not to diminish his contribution but only 3 goals conceded in 6 suggests that actually, that's what a change of formation and an in-form defence gets you.

We're 9th out of the top 10 for GD in that table and we've been a lot better since Christmas, even before Chaz. He's 100% been a catalyst, but not the sole cause

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Form Table on 22:14 - Feb 17 with 3356 viewsHunterhoop

Form Table on 22:04 - Feb 17 by simmo

Not to diminish his contribution but only 3 goals conceded in 6 suggests that actually, that's what a change of formation and an in-form defence gets you.

We're 9th out of the top 10 for GD in that table and we've been a lot better since Christmas, even before Chaz. He's 100% been a catalyst, but not the sole cause

I’m not sure, Simmo. We changed formation at 0-1 today to a 3-4-3 on the ball / 541 off it, rather than persist with the 3412 we started with. It worked a lot better.

Going to a back 3 has helped us deal with attacks better, no doubt. But we’ve also weakened our attack. Fair exchange. I wanted more pragmatism. But it’s only working because we’re now converting our fewer chances better...and that’s Charlie. 3 very big goals then change games.

Other signing have helped.

I know it’s not the preferred narrative but I do think the signings have played a bigger part than the system, which is still being changed in game to improve is (today, Watford...).
Form Table on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 3283 viewssimmo

Form Table on 22:14 - Feb 17 by Hunterhoop

I’m not sure, Simmo. We changed formation at 0-1 today to a 3-4-3 on the ball / 541 off it, rather than persist with the 3412 we started with. It worked a lot better.

Going to a back 3 has helped us deal with attacks better, no doubt. But we’ve also weakened our attack. Fair exchange. I wanted more pragmatism. But it’s only working because we’re now converting our fewer chances better...and that’s Charlie. 3 very big goals then change games.

I know it’s not the preferred narrative but I do think the signings have played a bigger part than the system, which is still being changed in game to improve is (today, Watford...).

Hmmm, it's probably somewhere inbetween. The conversion of chances is def part of it - although we're not as clinical as people think - but the Luton and 2nd goal today aren't being scored by any other strikers but Charlie.

I still think that the shift to back 3 has taken Dickie from good to great and made Barbet the player we all need him to be. With Dieng as the safety net it's massive to stay in games. Also Kane/Wallace now have support behind them when they try to defend and it's easier to create angles when passing in our defensive third. Johansen (my MOM today) has made a huge difference too.

It's nice that we're discussing what exactly has been the reason for winning 5/6 games and ultimately I don't care! But I do think Warburton deserves most of the credit, changing his preferred system and correctly accomodating the players we have - we look a completely different team to mid December.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Form Table on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 3268 viewsAntti_Heinola

Form Table on 22:14 - Feb 17 by Hunterhoop

Signings have made a big difference, but until tonight only two have been playing and Johansen has been getting up to speed in that time and we also lost one of our main players (although we've dealt very well without him so far).

Austin has made a huge difference on and off the pitch and amongst the fans too - a real talisman. But it would be incredibly churlish not to give the manager enormous credit. We had some very unfortunate results alongside some very poor performances (Hudd away the nadir), and to come back from that, regardless of signings, is a real achievement and testament to his resilience and the players apparent belief in him. Let's hope it continues!

Well done the club for not pulling the trigger early like most businesses would do.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Form Table on 22:40 - Feb 17 with 3162 viewskarl

Form Table on 22:25 - Feb 17 by Antti_Heinola

Signings have made a big difference, but until tonight only two have been playing and Johansen has been getting up to speed in that time and we also lost one of our main players (although we've dealt very well without him so far).

Austin has made a huge difference on and off the pitch and amongst the fans too - a real talisman. But it would be incredibly churlish not to give the manager enormous credit. We had some very unfortunate results alongside some very poor performances (Hudd away the nadir), and to come back from that, regardless of signings, is a real achievement and testament to his resilience and the players apparent belief in him. Let's hope it continues!

Well done the club for not pulling the trigger early like most businesses would do.

There's no coincidence that a couple of experienced heads have come in the squad and things have looked better straight away, there was a lot saying that's what was needed to gel what was a decent but young squad.
It's not a case of ditching the young and inexperienced but helping them become more consistent. For me Cameron, Johansen and Austin are doing just that but that's now plenty as we need the young legs around them, especially with the match schedule to come.
There's going to be tired legs soon so we'll need Dykes, Bonne, Kakay and more of the young lads (or lesser experienced) to step up and those older heads are very important, even if it's on the training pitch.
I hoped when Charlie joined we could do something about getting him on permanent as I see him adding value to the young players, still believe that can happen.
Form Table on 22:51 - Feb 17 with 3097 viewsdistortR

I'll beat my drum about Carrol - technically very proficient but little actual effect - the set up is more pragmatic now and we're better for it.
Form Table on 22:55 - Feb 17 with 3057 viewsNov77

Form Table on 21:41 - Feb 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin didn't fall out of the sky like Mr Bean did he.

Credit due to those that signed him, those that have coached him, and those that pick him.

“Patience” didn’t cause our current form, if anything it was impatience. Tony going the extra mile to get Austin in because he could see what we all could see, dykes and bonne were never going to score the goals to keep us up.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Form Table on 23:15 - Feb 17 with 2953 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wasn’t talking about the literal Noun, I was talking about the decision not to sack MW.

I’m not particularly a cheerleader of Warburton but I don’t understand why he is culpable for our bad form but not at least partially responsible for our good form including the decision to bring Austin in and then play him.

Anyway, I don’t really want to look behind the curtain too much. Let’s just enjoy it.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 23:17]
Form Table on 23:17 - Feb 17 with 2936 viewsMyke

Hmmm I mentioned this at 3 pm yesterday and I got exactly zero responses, to the point that it is half way down page two already! Amazing what another win can do,
Form Table on 23:19 - Feb 17 with 2907 viewsLazyFan

Form Table on 22:51 - Feb 17 by distortR

I'll beat my drum about Carrol - technically very proficient but little actual effect - the set up is more pragmatic now and we're better for it.

This was true when he first came to us. But they had started to coach him to be more direct and also to receive the ball deeper.

He was starting to improve, yes I know he's 28 and should know how to do these things but clearly, no one had helped him until our coaching team got a hold of him.

Then he got injured. Well, see what happens next season as I suspect we shall have him back.

zzzzzzzzzz

Form Table on 23:21 - Feb 17 with 2882 viewsNov77

Form Table on 23:19 - Feb 17 by LazyFan

This was true when he first came to us. But they had started to coach him to be more direct and also to receive the ball deeper.

He was starting to improve, yes I know he's 28 and should know how to do these things but clearly, no one had helped him until our coaching team got a hold of him.

Then he got injured. Well, see what happens next season as I suspect we shall have him back.

Be interesting with Amos, Carroll, Field and if we can hold on to Johanson

Form Table on 23:21 - Feb 17 with 2885 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Form Table on 23:17 - Feb 17 by Myke

Hmmm I mentioned this at 3 pm yesterday and I got exactly zero responses, to the point that it is half way down page two already! Amazing what another win can do,

Try shoehorning politics into your threads at every opportunity, or have a futile and petty argument with other posters.

I understand people really enjoy it.
Form Table on 23:26 - Feb 17 with 2857 viewsdublinr

Form Table on 23:17 - Feb 17 by Myke

I saw it myke, but I'm superstitious about mentioning these things...

Form Table on 23:26 - Feb 17 with 2853 viewsplasmahoop

Form Table on 23:15 - Feb 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wasn’t talking about the literal Noun, I was talking about the decision not to sack MW.

I’m not particularly a cheerleader of Warburton but I don’t understand why he is culpable for our bad form but not at least partially responsible for our good form including the decision to bring Austin in and then play him.

Anyway, I don’t really want to look behind the curtain too much. Let’s just enjoy it.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 23:17]

Exactly right, he was receiving the blame when it was going badly so he surely deserves some credit now. I had come round to accept that he was going to get sacked, and that it was just inevitable. Pleased he's been able to turn it around. Probably signing Charlie, johanssen and field makes economic sense anyway rather than paying off Warburton and ripping the squad apart again
Form Table on 23:31 - Feb 17 with 2815 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nice to have a discussion about where the credit lies, and have several candidates!

I think that just as Dieng being reliable helps the whole defence to play better, having a striker who will put away any decent chance helps the whole forward line play better; they know a whipped-in cross will be attacked so they can put it in rather than fannying around looking for a better option.

And both Dieng and Austin are vocal, which helps too.

Does make me slightly worried as to how we'll do next season, assuming Austin's not here
Form Table on 23:38 - Feb 17 with 2790 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The form table is all well and good but are we top of the justice league?
Form Table on 23:44 - Feb 17 with 2758 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Form Table on 23:38 - Feb 17 by Benny_the_Ball

The form table is all well and good but are we top of the justice league?

Oh Jesus, that's a fair point....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Form Table on 23:47 - Feb 17 with 2749 viewsToast_R

A game with few chances but the main thing is for once when they came, we were bloody ruthless with them. Now imagine Austin had been here from September.
Form Table on 07:36 - Feb 18 with 2468 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I'm not a big fan, but credit where it's due. Todd Kane has had a pretty dramatic upturn in form. Maybe down to a different formation at the back.
Form Table on 07:37 - Feb 18 with 2459 viewsstevec

Form Table on 22:51 - Feb 17 by distortR

The pace Carroll plays the game is suicide in this division.

The football last night wasn’t pretty but why try to out pretty a side that’s prettier than you. We woke up second half to the fact that high looping balls into their full backs was their weakness, that and get bodies in for the second ball.

We’ve now got players who think for the team rather than themselves.
Form Table on 10:28 - Feb 18 with 2228 viewsW7Ranger

If anyone's interested, we're now only 2pts off where we were after 28 games last season, with the same goal difference.

That's a huge turn around in performances and results to be virtually "like for like" on last season, especially when you consider we had BOS, Eze, Manning, Wells and Hugill.

Edit: and if we win on Saturday, we'll be 1pt ahead of last season after the same amount of games.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 10:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024