Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? 17:08 - Feb 27 with 4060 viewsJules4367

Oh yes, QPR snatches defeat again from the closing jaws of victory!!!

My wife has now become a believer.

QPR are winning 0-1 she says to reassure me and there are only 15 minutes left.

Wait till the 80th minute I said to her, they will all switch off and by the 85th minute it will be 1-1 or even 2-1
Time passes....

1-1 - you 'jinxed it!' she said.

time passes

2-1

How did you know? she asks

I support QPR and that is what they do!

Oh well - rant over!

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:10 - Feb 27 with 2698 viewsAntti_Heinola

did you watch any other games in 2021?

Bare bones.

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:15 - Feb 27 with 2635 viewsJules4367

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:10 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

Yes- that's how I knew and if you accept it and think that its ok then, sorry, that's how you support them fine, accept the late losses.

I support them my way and get peeved when they do this again and again The good teams don't - we do!
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:15 - Feb 27 with 2619 viewsJuzzie

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:10 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

And the people we haven’t seen in weeks will be back on here moaning
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:16 - Feb 27 with 2598 viewsbosh67

Barnsley are on fire at the moment but they are a team above us and we only win against teams above us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:19 - Feb 27 with 2566 viewsManinBlack

Of course the bigger picture is we have only picked up a point in two away games against sides in poor form so that is the biggest disappointment. Tough one now coming up against a Barnsley side with 5 wins in a row.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:21 - Feb 27 with 2549 viewsJules4367

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:15 - Feb 27 by Juzzie

And the people we haven’t seen in weeks will be back on here moaning

Isn't that the basis of a forum to express oneself? Or are we not allowed to pop in and out and comment if we get frustrated?
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:21 - Feb 27 with 2541 viewsMatch82

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:19 - Feb 27 by ManinBlack

Of course the bigger picture is we have only picked up a point in two away games against sides in poor form so that is the biggest disappointment. Tough one now coming up against a Barnsley side with 5 wins in a row.

That feels like quite a small and specific version of the picture!
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:26 - Feb 27 with 2516 viewsAntti_Heinola

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:15 - Feb 27 by Jules4367

Yes- that's how I knew and if you accept it and think that its ok then, sorry, that's how you support them fine, accept the late losses.

I support them my way and get peeved when they do this again and again The good teams don't - we do!

So you knew we'd lose a lead because... you've watched our last eight games and seen us... hold a lead in six of them?
You sound very confused. Have a lie down and a glass of something cold.
Brentford are second in the league - a 'good' team and recently lost to two late goals from a team below them in the table. But maybe you missed that one?

I think we all have to accept it. You can't not accept it. It's already happened. I'm pretty peeved too, it was fkn irritating, in fact. But your comment just made no real sense - your answer even less.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:31 - Feb 27 with 2481 viewsManinBlack

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:21 - Feb 27 by Match82

That feels like quite a small and specific version of the picture!

Let me translate. The OP refers to the last 10 minutes today. My point is that it is two matches where we have not got the points we hoped for so the bigger picture is the overall performance over two 90 minutes plus periods not just 10 minutes.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:32 - Feb 27 with 2479 viewsJuzzie

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:21 - Feb 27 by Jules4367

Isn't that the basis of a forum to express oneself? Or are we not allowed to pop in and out and comment if we get frustrated?

Yes but there are those that only come on here when we lose. Surely one should be able to express win, lose or draw.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:34 - Feb 27 with 2462 viewsBklynRanger

I think it's ok for the man to have a bit of rant. Let's not over-dissect his reactionary reaction.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:48 - Feb 27 with 2389 viewsqpr_1968

out of our last 9 games, derby and birmingham would have been my banker wins.
i'll be honest, i didnt see that one coming.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:09 - Feb 27 with 2270 viewsJules4367

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:26 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

So you knew we'd lose a lead because... you've watched our last eight games and seen us... hold a lead in six of them?
Brentford are second in the league - a 'good' team and recently lost to two late goals from a team below them in the table. But maybe you missed that one?

I think we all have to accept it. You can't not accept it. It's already happened. I'm pretty peeved too, it was fkn irritating, in fact. But your comment just made no real sense - your answer even less.

....and so why are Brentford second in the leaque and QPR are now 17th?

Duh! Cos the good teams don't do what we do, time and time again - every now and then, fine it happens, but with Rangers, year in year out, they seem switch off - and with respect I have been supporting them since Alec Stock took over so, yes I have my marbles and yes, I know what Rangers do!

...and please check back against the teams below us over the last three seasons and see how we have performed against them.

When you lose to a team below you and do nothing about it they creep up. We have two games in hand against teams below us and if we do what we did today against them look in the mirror and watch the smile drain from your face!
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:11 - Feb 27 with 2252 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

I didn’t know that was going to happen, I would imagine that Brum in running on 80 mins would have been at least 66/1 upwards to have won so did you have a few quid on to numb the pain?
What I did know unfortunately, is that a certain type of poster not unlike yourself would be on spraffing this bin juice.
We are all sick about the result mate, have a day off please...
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:18 - Feb 27 with 2207 viewsTGRRRSSS

Its the kind of result the Championship has all the time, we've had a great recent run - it's bloody annoying but it probably punctures some of the rising hopes a few had recently - personally I'm thinking only of avoiding relegation so annoyed we've given much needed oxygen to a rival in that respect.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:30 - Feb 27 with 2149 viewsNorthantsHoop

We should have held onto this one, but Birmingham made the more decisive subs and the young Croatian Halilovic was running the midfield a bit when he came on, and rounded it off with a great finish for the winner. Still onwards to the Barnsley game.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:38 - Feb 27 with 2100 viewsstevec

Never mind, in this horrible season I’d be happy the sooner the lads get us to 50 points and we can all switch off until August.

Didn’t watch today as things had been going too well for us, Birmingham had lost to practically everyone at home and as I switched on Sky it rattled up that we’d only lost once in last ten to them. Any self respecting Rangers supporter knows what happens next!

Was enjoying the symmetry of 30 10 10 10 40 but would love to see a season when we win more than we lose. How long ago did that last happen, thinking 2013/14 perhaps, seems a distant memory.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:48 - Feb 27 with 2058 viewsted_hendrix

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:38 - Feb 27 by stevec

Never mind, in this horrible season I’d be happy the sooner the lads get us to 50 points and we can all switch off until August.

Didn’t watch today as things had been going too well for us, Birmingham had lost to practically everyone at home and as I switched on Sky it rattled up that we’d only lost once in last ten to them. Any self respecting Rangers supporter knows what happens next!

Was enjoying the symmetry of 30 10 10 10 40 but would love to see a season when we win more than we lose. How long ago did that last happen, thinking 2013/14 perhaps, seems a distant memory.

I'll think we'll need a bit more than 50 points this season, 15 games to go and I reckon we'll need 53 points or thereabout.
If we can't get that (we will) then we need shagging.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:58 - Feb 27 with 2011 viewsMatch82

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:48 - Feb 27 by ted_hendrix

I'll think we'll need a bit more than 50 points this season, 15 games to go and I reckon we'll need 53 points or thereabout.
If we can't get that (we will) then we need shagging.

Can't see that Ted, that would mean Rotherham Sheff Wed or Wycombe getting 24 points (or more) from the 15 remaining games. That's playoff-level form, seems unlikely.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 19:04 - Feb 27 with 1969 viewsloftboy

Sometimes a winning streak can become a millstone, teams end up trying not to lose instead of trying to win, we were never going to win every game, today’s loss was narrow, shouldn’t dent confidence too much, hopefully they roll their sleeves up and go again and try and start a new run.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 19:04 - Feb 27 with 1973 viewsqpr_1968

60 points we'll get.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 19:08 - Feb 27 with 1946 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I actually didn't see that coming. After luckily taking the lead in the first half we seemed to have it all under control. We have shown recently we can do that and see games out and they hadn't threatened at all second half. I felt we'd been mugged a bit to draw, let alone lose the game.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 19:08 - Feb 27 with 1944 viewsthame_hoops

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 17:26 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

I think the original poster was just commenting and making light of a funny story between him and his wife. Not sure it needs the vitriol from you. Obviously he can defend himself, but I think he meant it as a very lighthearted post. chill
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 19:09 - Feb 27 with 1944 viewsnix

How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 18:09 - Feb 27 by Jules4367

....and so why are Brentford second in the leaque and QPR are now 17th?

Duh! Cos the good teams don't do what we do, time and time again - every now and then, fine it happens, but with Rangers, year in year out, they seem switch off - and with respect I have been supporting them since Alec Stock took over so, yes I have my marbles and yes, I know what Rangers do!

...and please check back against the teams below us over the last three seasons and see how we have performed against them.

When you lose to a team below you and do nothing about it they creep up. We have two games in hand against teams below us and if we do what we did today against them look in the mirror and watch the smile drain from your face!

I think it's obvious that the better teams are more consistent. That's why they're higher in the league than us. But I don't think it's a uniquely QPR issue to lose more to the teams below. It's more a mid-table thing.

I compared us to the nearest team to us at the end of last season, Reading. We won 8 games against teams above us and 8 games below us. They won 7 games against teams above them and 8 below them and they lost 13 to teams above and 7 to teams below them. We lost 12 games to teams above us and 8 to teams below. So pretty similar.

I wonder if it just hurts more to lose to teams below us, so we notice it more.
How many of you actually KNEW we would do that? on 19:18 - Feb 27 with 1895 viewsSteveB

To be honest, no mate - never saw that coming at all.

Crappy game that we should have buried long before they levelled. Johansen's missed chance will give me nightmares tonight, it's a shocker.

I'll also toss & turn about how the whole side lost their bottle & composure once the equalizer went in and started shaking like a shtting dog. Woeful end to a game that was never pretty, but one we were well in control of until the last 15 minutes.

Still, it was a nice undefeated run that has pulled us away from the drop. Park up those delusions of play-off grandeur now please...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024