Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am 13:26 - Jun 18 with 2776 viewsWalnut

QPR v Brum from the 79/80 run in
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 13:41 - Jun 18 with 2728 viewslosethedrum

Thanks for this , i love watching these games .

From the days when hardly any sentences started with ...

" Basically "
" The issue is "
" I was like & then she was like "
" i literally said literally like "
" Download the app luvvie "
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 13:52 - Jun 18 with 2687 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 13:41 - Jun 18 by losethedrum

" Basically "
" The issue is "

100% agree!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 14:20 - Jun 18 with 2619 viewsMrSheen

One of the first games I saw with my friends rather than an uncle. Archie Gemmell playing for the Blues.

Spoiler alert! - Steve Burke.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 10:43 - Jun 19 with 2472 viewsSott

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 14:20 - Jun 18 by MrSheen

One of the first games I saw with my friends rather than an uncle. Archie Gemmell playing for the Blues.

State of that pitch!?
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 10:55 - Jun 19 with 2455 viewsbollockchops

best kit ever
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 10:58 - Jun 19 with 2444 viewsBoston

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 13:41 - Jun 18 by losethedrum

" Basically "
" The issue is "

Makes yer sick as a parrot really.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:08 - Jun 19 with 2429 viewsstevec

Back then there were some real names in the second division.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:26 - Jun 19 with 2389 viewsDWQPR

It was a bit of a strange time for QPR. Gregory seemed to have lost a bit of interest towards the last couple of seasons in Division One before getting relegated in ‘79 with some dreadful players in the side like Cunningham and Perkins and Richardson in goal. The ‘76 side had all but gone apart from Gillard and Stan. And the management appointments were desperate to say the least, Sibley and then Berkenshaw. And then the close season saw the appointment of Docherty, had Allen and Goddard suddenly spring forward and signings such as Chris Woods, Tony Currie, David McCreery, Bob Hazell and led by Glenn Roeder we had a team that had they been around a year earlier we wouldn’t have been relegated. Top second division sides in those days would easily survive in the first division after promotion, seldom did you see a side get relegated immediately. They were real good times to follow the R’s.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:31 - Jun 19 with 2379 viewsManinBlack

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:08 - Jun 19 by stevec

Back then there were some real names in the second division.

Yes in the pre money days even if you got relegated the big name players would stay which is why we had Bowles for so many years.

Bit miffed that Bowles goal at Cambridge not included in the best 12 goals. I hadn't realised they showed the Preston game that season so I missed that episode.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:37 - Jun 19 with 2370 viewsBazzeR

Looking at these older games the stand out performer is generally Ian Gillard.

Always competitive and imposing going forward and with a cultured left foot delivery.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:39 - Jun 19 with 2366 viewsstevec

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:31 - Jun 19 by ManinBlack

Yes in the pre money days even if you got relegated the big name players would stay which is why we had Bowles for so many years.

Bit miffed that Bowles goal at Cambridge not included in the best 12 goals. I hadn't realised they showed the Preston game that season so I missed that episode.

Absolutely, plus the Linekers, Youngs, Allen’s and Goddards would be languishing in a top six under 23 side.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 12:04 - Jun 19 with 2320 viewsstowmarketrange

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 11:31 - Jun 19 by ManinBlack

I thought most episodes were available on the itv hub.It might be worth checking there in case it is.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 12:23 - Jun 19 with 2284 viewsLythamR

Fantastic weighted pass by Allen for Burke's goal particularly considering the state of the pitch

I remember the argy bargy between Shanks and Dennis. "Rangers agro Rangers agro"
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 12:42 - Jun 19 with 2255 viewsfrancisbowles

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 14:20 - Jun 18 by MrSheen

He took it well! Also showed a Glen Roeder goal v Newcastle, a goal of the season nominee!

It also mentioned that we had won at the Bridge too far in the week (2-0). I would have been at both games. This defeat for them plus losing at Filbert Street knocked them off the top of the table. They finished 4th before the play off days, Lol!

Mark Dennis playing for Brum got into an altercation with Shanksy. No surprises there! Jim Smith their manager.

When you see the state of the pitch, you can see why they installed the Omniturf. Even Old Trafford looked like a 'paddy field' when it was shown in a later game.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 14:26 - Jun 19 with 2152 viewsTacticalR

Match is between 2:43 - 24:30 with a big chunk of advertising at half-time that you can't skip:
https://www.itv.com/hub/the-big-match-revisited/1a6464a0095

Oh dear, the state of the pitch.

Goddard always roving between midfield and attack, very difficult to mark.

Great pass from Allen at the end.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 14:53]

Air hostess clique

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 14:47 - Jun 19 with 2119 viewsManinBlack

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 12:04 - Jun 19 by stowmarketrange

I thought most episodes were available on the itv hub.It might be worth checking there in case it is.

No sadly not. There is only one episode for February 1980 so three are missing if on every Sunday.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 15:27 - Jun 19 with 2075 viewsqpr_1968

the new word now being used by just about everyone, commentators, dj's, celebs.
the word HUGE.....the new AMAZING, describes just about everything these days, wrongly and overused.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 18:38 - Jun 19 with 1985 viewsstowmarketrange

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 14:47 - Jun 19 by ManinBlack

No sadly not. There is only one episode for February 1980 so three are missing if on every Sunday.

Yes I checked too and saw it wasn’t shown as part of the series.Maybe it is on YouTube somewhere?
Surely there will be tv pictures of it somewhere.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 18:47 - Jun 19 with 1972 viewsManinBlack

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 18:38 - Jun 19 by stowmarketrange

Yes I checked too and saw it wasn’t shown as part of the series.Maybe it is on YouTube somewhere?
Surely there will be tv pictures of it somewhere.

I suspect it was on Granada TV and London ITV would have shown it as the third game because of a London club featuring. It was 23 February 1980 when played so would be the following day. I don't know if Granada has any listings.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 08:18 - Jun 21 with 1728 viewsbollockchops

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 15:27 - Jun 19 by qpr_1968

the new word now being used by just about everyone, commentators, dj's, celebs.
the word HUGE.....the new AMAZING, describes just about everything these days, wrongly and overused.

and Absolutely !
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 13:08 - Jun 21 with 1581 viewsWalnut

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 18:47 - Jun 19 by ManinBlack

I suspect it was on Granada TV and London ITV would have shown it as the third game because of a London club featuring. It was 23 February 1980 when played so would be the following day. I don't know if Granada has any listings.

I don't know where you'd find the footage but that Preston game was deffo shown in the LWT area as 2nd or 3rd game the following day.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 15:06 - Jun 21 with 1526 viewsCamberleyR

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 12:42 - Jun 19 by francisbowles

He took it well! Also showed a Glen Roeder goal v Newcastle, a goal of the season nominee!

It also mentioned that we had won at the Bridge too far in the week (2-0). I would have been at both games. This defeat for them plus losing at Filbert Street knocked them off the top of the table. They finished 4th before the play off days, Lol!

Mark Dennis playing for Brum got into an altercation with Shanksy. No surprises there! Jim Smith their manager.

When you see the state of the pitch, you can see why they installed the Omniturf. Even Old Trafford looked like a 'paddy field' when it was shown in a later game.

I was also at that game at the SW6 cesspit. It was my second ever live Rs match, my dad took me as one of my birthday presents from a couple of days before, we sat in the relatively new East Stand which had sadly not bankrupted them. We went with a workmate of his and his son who were both filth fans.

Going into that match, they were top of the league and flying, five points clear of Sunderland in 4th. They'd won 5 of the previous 6 games. After we beat them, they lost again and only picked up seven more points to miss out on goal difference

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 15:19 - Jun 21 with 1502 viewsfrancisbowles

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 15:06 - Jun 21 by CamberleyR

I was also at that game at the SW6 cesspit. It was my second ever live Rs match, my dad took me as one of my birthday presents from a couple of days before, we sat in the relatively new East Stand which had sadly not bankrupted them. We went with a workmate of his and his son who were both filth fans.

Going into that match, they were top of the league and flying, five points clear of Sunderland in 4th. They'd won 5 of the previous 6 games. After we beat them, they lost again and only picked up seven more points to miss out on goal difference

Can you remember who scored our goals? I've forgotten but have a vague idea that Goddard may have got one. We won there a few times in the late 70s early 80s.
Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 15:37 - Jun 21 with 1477 viewsCamberleyR

Big match revisited Saturday 1030am on 15:19 - Jun 21 by francisbowles

Can you remember who scored our goals? I've forgotten but have a vague idea that Goddard may have got one. We won there a few times in the late 70s early 80s.

Martyn Busby got the first and Steve Burke the second.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024