Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 19:44 - Jan 22 with 3621 viewsBlackCrowe

Not the best peformance by a long shot but of course will take it gratefully.

Coventry looked very good and overran us in midfield...we missed Stef's bite and control massively. Once Warbs made the tactical change bringing on Thomas (who was v good i'm pleased to say) for Gray to shore up the midfield, we got some control back in the game.

Willock outstanding of course. Fans brilliant. Ground not quite as soulless as i was expecting - really good stewards and nice locals before the game in the arena pub.

Satisfied. Now don't fkc it up on Tuesday please, because my belief is growing.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 22:21 - Jan 22 with 3160 viewsPunteR

They play very similar to us I thought. We had a good spell last 10 minutes of the first half but apart from our goal they mainly had us on the ropes. 2nd half we improved as BC says when we made the subs. Overall though I thought we just defended really well. Marshall also kept us in the game with two class saves.
I thought their fans where on form and dispelled the soulless bowl reputation of the ground so fairplay to them.
A good day to be a QPR fan. 4000 of us was great to see. Onwards and upwards. That 2nd place spot for automatic promotion is up for grabs.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 22:41 - Jan 22 with 3062 viewsLongsufferingR

Agree with all of that. Superb atmosphere in the away end.
Just back (n/t) on 22:59 - Jan 22 with 2987 viewsRangersw12

Another game where we wasn't 100% but still managed to get the 3 points

Thought we created better chances than them and missed two sitters with Albert and Wallace

Fans were fantastic once again
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 23:01]
Just back on 23:14 - Jan 22 with 2894 viewsstowmarketrange

Just back on 22:21 - Jan 22 by PunteR

They play very similar to us I thought. We had a good spell last 10 minutes of the first half but apart from our goal they mainly had us on the ropes. 2nd half we improved as BC says when we made the subs. Overall though I thought we just defended really well. Marshall also kept us in the game with two class saves.
I thought their fans where on form and dispelled the soulless bowl reputation of the ground so fairplay to them.
A good day to be a QPR fan. 4000 of us was great to see. Onwards and upwards. That 2nd place spot for automatic promotion is up for grabs.

I know there is a long way to go but it would be so sweet to pip Bournemouth for 2nd place.Failing that,just knock them out of the playoffs with us wasting time when 3-0 up in the 65th minute.
Just back on 23:20 - Jan 22 with 2862 viewssevenhoop

Just back on 23:14 - Jan 22 by stowmarketrange

I know there is a long way to go but it would be so sweet to pip Bournemouth for 2nd place.Failing that,just knock them out of the playoffs with us wasting time when 3-0 up in the 65th minute.

Us, 3 nil up?! You know we don’t like to do it the easy way!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 23:21]
Just back on 01:59 - Jan 23 with 2525 viewsLazyFan

I think on the stream after the game it said we had a successful 80%+ on tackling. The defence was amazing today. Only conceding to a worldie. There where gaps until Barbs stepped out in the first half and closed down the midfield runs (under the direction of Warbs it seems).

After that we started to get into the game. When the subs came on, it showed how tired the players are. As their energy was immense and helped carry the team out.

Dozzell and Dykes were off form, but that happens. Cannot be great every day. Willock was prem class today. We missed JoJo and Chair.

Others here said Marshal was great, I thought his kicking was off and he could have caught a few of the shots, but made a couple of big saves in the first half so good 2nd for Dieng. Archer would have conceded around 3 today. Lucky we have Marshall in.

Cov is a high-quality team. Every time I see them they try and play proper football.
Mark Robins seems like an excellent manager to me. After Warbs and Eustice, I would go for Robins.

zzzzzzzzzz

Just back on 07:14 - Jan 23 with 2252 viewsdmm

Just back on 01:59 - Jan 23 by LazyFan

I think on the stream after the game it said we had a successful 80%+ on tackling. The defence was amazing today. Only conceding to a worldie. There where gaps until Barbs stepped out in the first half and closed down the midfield runs (under the direction of Warbs it seems).

After that we started to get into the game. When the subs came on, it showed how tired the players are. As their energy was immense and helped carry the team out.

Dozzell and Dykes were off form, but that happens. Cannot be great every day. Willock was prem class today. We missed JoJo and Chair.

Others here said Marshal was great, I thought his kicking was off and he could have caught a few of the shots, but made a couple of big saves in the first half so good 2nd for Dieng. Archer would have conceded around 3 today. Lucky we have Marshall in.

Cov is a high-quality team. Every time I see them they try and play proper football.
Mark Robins seems like an excellent manager to me. After Warbs and Eustice, I would go for Robins.

The defence was fantastic with successful tackles at 81%. In comparison, Coventry's were at 36%. We also blocked shots well, kept shape and defended set pieces well.

To have won in the way we did shows we can win a game of football in more than one way.
Just back on 09:30 - Jan 23 with 1903 viewslondonscottish

Just back on 07:14 - Jan 23 by dmm

The defence was fantastic with successful tackles at 81%. In comparison, Coventry's were at 36%. We also blocked shots well, kept shape and defended set pieces well.

To have won in the way we did shows we can win a game of football in more than one way.

That's an interesting stat.

My Cov mate (who was there too) couldn't quite believe how they lost that. And, TBF, neither could I. They cut through the midfleld so often and so quickly and seemed to create so many cast iron chances.....and yet....

It was a bit like watching QPR last season in the run up to Christmas. Chance after chance after chance then a smash & grab by the opposing team.

Oh well :-) :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 10:05 - Jan 23 with 1758 viewsRangersw12

Just back on 09:30 - Jan 23 by londonscottish

My Cov mate (who was there too) couldn't quite believe how they lost that. And, TBF, neither could I. They cut through the midfleld so often and so quickly and seemed to create so many cast iron chances.....and yet....

It was a bit like watching QPR last season in the run up to Christmas. Chance after chance after chance then a smash & grab by the opposing team.

Yet our XG was higher so seems it was a fair result
Just back on 10:25 - Jan 23 with 1681 viewsParkRoyalR

Just back on 01:59 - Jan 23 by LazyFan

To add, Wallace, like Field + Dykes is coming back from injury, but Kane had the beating of him all game and only excellent (bar one) defending from corners conceded because of this (and superb clearances off the line from Dickie + Adomah) stopped this being decisive in this game.

Was very suprised not to see Amos for Dozell at Half Time (althou credit to Warbuton made that change 15 minutes than he normally would) and Moses for Wallace on 60 minutes. Leaving Wallace out there in the 2nd Half meant, imo, Warburton got away with one there, which I'm delighted about as he's top class.
Just back on 12:22 - Jan 23 with 1429 viewsBklynRanger

From a season long perspective it makes me think of the Bristol City home game that we should've won but lost at the death. Every team gets them, we might even have been overdue ours.
Just back on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 1151 viewssevenhoop

Just back on 09:30 - Jan 23 by londonscottish

This is true. People forget and still forget that we often battered teams at that time amd we’re desperately unlucky in many games. Still gives me the hump that so many called for the managers head
Just back on 13:09 - Jan 24 with 874 viewsfrancisbowles

Just back on 20:23 - Jan 23 by sevenhoop

This is true. People forget and still forget that we often battered teams at that time amd we’re desperately unlucky in many games. Still gives me the hump that so many called for the managers head

Yes but to be fair to ourselves, we thought he was out of contract at the end of the season and, I for one, couldn't see how they could renew his contact in January and thought if they didn't he would be 'dead man walking' for the rest of the season'. Also we didn't look like we could get a win any time soon and it was only with a change of formation, as well as, four big players brought in to strengthen the squad, which we didn't think was possible never mind affordable, that we turned it around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024