Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? 13:24 - Sep 23 with 3303 viewsswisscottage

The one downer from Tuesday night.

With McCallum looking like he might be out for a little while at least with a Hamstring how do we think Warburton will set us up?

Odabajo or Kakay on the Left ?
Barbet out to wingback, and bring in Dunne in the three?
Something else ?

Thoughts on a postcard please.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:27 - Sep 23 with 3274 viewsqueensparker

Got to be Barbet out left in either a back four or five.

Kakay’s not a left back and can’t see Moses flourishing out there either.

Might make us less attacking but it’s more solid, no bad thing IMO
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:28 - Sep 23 with 3274 viewsMyke

Is t confirmed? If so then yes, the least disruptive would be to bring in Dunne and move Barbet to the left. The Kakay experiment on the left didn't work too well v Barnsley. A flat back 4 would be another option
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:29 - Sep 23 with 3271 viewsLogman

Barbet left wing back and Dunne into the back three for me. Reduces our threat down the left but rather that than Moses or Ozzie who have looked at out of place on the left.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:30 - Sep 23 with 3263 viewsNorthernr

I would have thought Barbet gets moved and Dunne comes in, he's played well when used. However, Barbet is one of the prime reasons for the back three being used, and working, so I wonder if it will be Moses down that side and Adomah/Kakay down the right.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:30 - Sep 23 with 3260 viewsfrancisbowles

I think we'll start with Odubajo at rwb and Barbet at lwb with Dickie, De Wijs and Dunne in the centre. Kakay and Adomah on the bench as cover. Johansen back (if fit or Dozell) with Ball. Amos on the bench. Chair, Willock and one striker
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:32 - Sep 23 with 3254 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yes, will be interesting. We had the same issue v Barnsley and Warbs went for Thomas as the LWB, which as we all know did not go well.

Lots of options - go to a 4 at the back, with Barbs on the left

Keep shape, Dunne in, Barbs as wing back.

Moses or Ossie as LWB, think Moses can play there fairly easily. Or Albert could play there?

Dozzell and Amos did well in the week, he might go for the old Christmas Tree, 4-3-2-1:

Moses Dickie De Wijs Barbet
Dozzell Jojo Ball
Chair Willock
Dykes/Gray

Bare bones.

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:35 - Sep 23 with 3233 viewsswisscottage

Well I supposes if he moves Moses to LWB then maybe he might actually go outside and get a cross in rather than constantly cutting into blind alleys.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:36 - Sep 23 with 3222 viewsCamberleyR

Yep, would sooner have a left footer out there so move Barbet over and bring Dunne in. I don't think that would make us less attacking neither as Barbet likes to get forward as showed when he played left wing back in the second half against Barnsley and put the cross in for Charlie's equaliser.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:55 - Sep 23 with 3125 viewsgolborne

Not sure I can remember Moses starting on the left this year, but he can at least kick it with his left as shown here, and maybe that explains the cutting in from the right

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 14:17 - Sep 23 with 3028 viewsdannyblue

We went to a back 4 against Everton when McCallum went off.

But I think he'll stick with the back 3 and the wing backs will be Moses on the left and Kakay on the right.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 14:18 - Sep 23 with 3024 viewsHAYESBOY

For me its either Barbet at wing back with Dunne coming onto the middle.

Or back four, with 3 centre mids, 2 attacking mids (Chair & Willock) and one up top.

Kakay on the bench to cover centre half of wing backs.

I would go for Barbet at wing back.

Smells like a trout farm in here

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 14:20 - Sep 23 with 3017 viewsdaveB

for tomorrow Barbet left wing back and Dunne centre half makes sense. If he's out for a while I can see us going to a back 4 with Barbet left back and then Adomah coming in to play in a 4-2-3-1
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 14:22 - Sep 23 with 3005 viewsNorthernr

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:55 - Sep 23 by golborne

Not sure I can remember Moses starting on the left this year, but he can at least kick it with his left as shown here, and maybe that explains the cutting in from the right

He played left at Orient. Not a conspicuous success.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 14:43 - Sep 23 with 2911 viewsdannyblue

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 14:22 - Sep 23 by Northernr

He played left at Orient. Not a conspicuous success.

Didn't he also at the end of a couple games when McCallum went off and Albert or Kakay came on?
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 15:00 - Sep 23 with 2847 viewsdmm

Looking up the pitch, I think this might be the game when Gray starts. WBA play a high line so it could be perfect for through balls and pace.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 15:43 - Sep 23 with 2726 viewsnix

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:28 - Sep 23 by Myke

Is t confirmed? If so then yes, the least disruptive would be to bring in Dunne and move Barbet to the left. The Kakay experiment on the left didn't work too well v Barnsley. A flat back 4 would be another option

That's what I thought he'd do last time rather than move anyone from right back across. West Brom away isn't the game to experiment too much. Barbet has played left back before although it's not his preferred position. Kakay is still learning in the right back position, so wouldn't want to stretch him even more. Odubajo cuts in too much in right back, let alone leftback and again hasn't had that much match time in the last couple of years so would prefer him to not be moved around too much.

Dunne is very solid in that centre back role and he and Barbet could work together quite well.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 15:45]
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 20:34 - Sep 23 with 2384 viewsderbyhoop

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 13:30 - Sep 23 by Northernr

I would have thought Barbet gets moved and Dunne comes in, he's played well when used. However, Barbet is one of the prime reasons for the back three being used, and working, so I wonder if it will be Moses down that side and Adomah/Kakay down the right.

It's good to have options.
Even with wallace and McCallum injured and Hammaleinen gone on loan

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 21:17 - Sep 23 with 2286 viewsMatch82

Bit worried about pace at CB if Barbet moves out wide but good luck to the oppo winning a header against Dunne/Dickie/de Wijs.

I think he'll put Kakay in at RWB and swing Moses out to LWB
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 21:23 - Sep 23 with 2272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet covers behind more than the other centre-backs. He's essential. I'd be very slow to move him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 21:32 - Sep 23 with 2243 viewsOakR

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 21:23 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Barbet covers behind more than the other centre-backs. He's essential. I'd be very slow to move him.

Agreed, I've leave the back 3 as they are for now, Dunne can come in when one needs a rest, gets suspsended, injured etc.

I think it will be Moses at LWB unless he decided he wants to play Willock there where he seems to stray a lot with Chair anyway in a very loose 5 at the back.

Poll: Will we stay up?

How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 08:29 - Sep 24 with 1929 viewss1cRanger

Whomever gets the nod is likely to be up against Phillips and Furlong. Personally I would put Barbet there and as others have suggested Dunne in his place for the back 3. We need someone that is defensive minded and that won't jump in and get beat easily. Listening to the podcast the other day Chair explained he loves it when he plays against players that aren't natural defenders because of this exact reason.

We might be a little pop sided as a result but Barbet has a mean cross on him too as we have seen in the past so if he does find himself further up and can whip in an early ball we might still see some success there. Chair and Willock need to be concentrated in linking up across the front but I would say they might see a bit of luck on the right tonight.

We will see but the team ethic is so strong at the moment I have confidence in whomever Warbs picks.
How will we setup without McCallum/Wallace ? on 09:57 - Sep 24 with 1827 viewsgazza1

If McCallum is unavailable then it is a big problem for MW. He has many options both player wise and formation. That is what opposition do not like because it is much more difficult to plan against.

I cannot see that MW will change from 3 x CB's, it is very tough decision for MW to move arguably the most influential of them - Barbet - but he may well decide to move him to the left side to replace McCallum if he is unfit (its a big if as well - he could have received a knock against Everton but maybe withdrawn for precaution). But this will give Dunne his big opportunity and I think that he could be good enough for the game. Another big call for MW is wide right. Albert will certainly be benched, so its either Kakay or Moses. Who will play depends on what tactics MW employs....if it is a bit of caution then Kakay but if he wants to attack then Moses.

Midfield providing all are fit and well will be BALL (Yes DOM BALL), Chair, Willock & SJ if fit.

I think he will play one forward - that again depends on fitness, tactics, procession. I think CA will be in MW ear to play and maybe he will choose him but he may want a player with more mobility.

All tough calls, I could be wrong on all accounts but whatever I think the points are there and we should be positive and stop worrying - play well and we will win, make mistakes or freeze in front of the camera's and we will find the match difficult.

PS - Another issue may be the fitness of Jordi but I hope not, key player in the CB position.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 10:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024