Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper crisis 07:57 - Jan 9 with 16634 viewsdmm

It must be odds on that Archer is out for a while with his shoulder injury. If so, does Warburton turn to Walsh, recall Barnes (if he can) or look for a short term loan to fill the gap until Dieng returns?

My feeling is a short term loan is the way to go. There must be a PL or Championship club with a decent squad keeper who wants game time.

As a rookie 19 year old I wouldn't expect Walsh to be ready to play half a dozen Championship games. Barnes simply isn't good enough.
Keeper crisis on 08:01 - Jan 9 with 5808 viewsThe_Beast1976

I'd say we'll go for a loan. Must be plenty of decent keepers out there looking for some competitive game time and club's more rhan happy to allow them to go out on loan to get it
Keeper crisis on 09:13 - Jan 9 with 5544 viewsdenhamhoop2

Kieron Westwood and our former keeper Lee Camp are both unattached and so obviously immediately available
Keeper crisis on 09:27 - Jan 9 with 5473 viewsEsox_Lucius

Give Walsh his chance. It's what he has been training for and will be comfortable with the style of play. Does anyone know whether Camp or Westwood are comfortable with the ball on either foot? Move Max Little up into the 1st team squad too.

The grass is always greener.

Keeper crisis on 09:34 - Jan 9 with 5423 viewsPinnerPaul

Problem is clubs know they are only 1 positive covid test away from losing their main GK 24 hours before a match.

Can't imagine there are loads of decent 3rd choice GKs out there who we would take a punt on.

Have to see how Archer is I guess, I'm assuming, even in these circumstances, recalling Seny, even if he/we wanted to, isn't an option?
Keeper crisis on 09:45 - Jan 9 with 5363 viewsdistortR

Keeper crisis on 09:27 - Jan 9 by Esox_Lucius

Give Walsh his chance. It's what he has been training for and will be comfortable with the style of play. Does anyone know whether Camp or Westwood are comfortable with the ball on either foot? Move Max Little up into the 1st team squad too.

Agreed. We loaned out Barnes with the knowledge that Archer could get injured, which suggests to me Walsh is above him in the pecking order.

Sometimes see these older, out of practice keepers called up for emergency situations, and they can look what they are.
Keeper crisis on 09:48 - Jan 9 with 5343 viewsthompsonridd

That Cambridge keeper would be good 😂😂
Keeper crisis on 09:50 - Jan 9 with 5315 viewsPinnerPaul

Jack Butland showed you what playing 5 games in 18 months does to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keeper crisis on 09:55 - Jan 9 with 5270 viewsRed_Ranger

Rotherham goalie yesterday was their MOTM.
Login to get fewer ads

Keeper crisis on 10:25 - Jan 9 with 5150 viewsdistortR

Keeper crisis on 09:55 - Jan 9 by Red_Ranger

he was a magnet for our shots though, it would have been quite hard not to save them imho.

I thought Harding was good.
Keeper crisis on 11:38 - Jan 9 with 4968 viewsLandshark

Archer was clearly injured and couldn't have continued if he didn't save that penalty.

What would have happened in that case? Would we be allowed to sub in a keeper?
Keeper crisis on 11:41 - Jan 9 with 4950 viewsEsox_Lucius

Keeper crisis on 11:38 - Jan 9 by Landshark

Archer was clearly injured and couldn't have continued if he didn't save that penalty.

What would have happened in that case? Would we be allowed to sub in a keeper?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/280843/question-f

The grass is always greener.

Keeper crisis on 11:45 - Jan 9 with 4920 viewsLandshark

Keeper crisis on 11:41 - Jan 9 by Esox_Lucius

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/280843/question-f

Thank you
Keeper crisis on 12:03 - Jan 9 with 4828 viewsHastings_Hoops

Keeper crisis on 09:27 - Jan 9 by Esox_Lucius

Totally agree - far from ideal situation but we need to show Joe Walsh that there’s no glass ceilings now that the opportunity has opened for him… worse that can happen is he has a torrid couple of games and regains his confidence out on loan at a later date.

…I didn’t see anything in the Man Utd pre-season game that causes concern.
Keeper crisis on 12:33 - Jan 9 with 4739 viewsGloryHunter

Give the young lad his chance. That's what he's been training for. What's the point of having all those keepers on the books if you're not going to let them step up when there's a need?
Keeper crisis on 13:01 - Jan 9 with 4658 viewsconnell10

I like the look if Walsh . Could surprise a lot of people!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Keeper crisis on 13:02 - Jan 9 with 4647 viewsRangersw12

Can't whinge about budgets then go get another keeper on loan when we have an adequate keeper already at the club
Keeper crisis on 13:02 - Jan 9 with 4647 viewsAntti_Heinola

No problem giving Walsh his chance... but we have one senior keeper, so chances are we'll need an emergency loan of some kind.

IF ONLY WE'D KEPT HOLD OF DILLON BARNES! I knew it ws a mistake loaning him out. ;)

Bare bones.

Keeper crisis on 13:04 - Jan 9 with 4631 viewsdmm

I'm quite chuffed to be well outvoted on this. It's great to see how much confidence there is in our recruitment and coaching these days. Just shows what a different club we are to not so long ago.
Keeper crisis on 13:15 - Jan 9 with 4584 viewsBakes

Senegals first choice keeper Mendy has the plague so our Seny will play in goal

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Keeper crisis on 13:16 - Jan 9 with 4579 viewsterryb

I would play Walsh, but a month's contract for Westwood (or Camp) to act as substitute & mentor might not be a bad thing. Only as a back up, unless events change the situation.
Keeper crisis on 14:19 - Jan 9 with 4418 viewshoops_legend

Keeper crisis on 13:15 - Jan 9 by Bakes

Senegals first choice keeper Mendy has the plague so our Seny will play in goal

It's good Seny gets to play, was worried he would just sit on bench whole tournament benefitting no one
Keeper crisis on 14:24 - Jan 9 with 4385 viewsgobbles

Play Walsh. What's the point of signing these guys if we never play them? It's not like he is 16. A few games at his age, followed by a League 1/2 loan could be the making of him
Keeper crisis on 14:30 - Jan 9 with 4350 viewsLogman

Don't know about Westwood but Camp wouldn't not be sharp enough in my opinion. Walsh has done well in training by all accounts so would prefer to see him given a go.
Keeper crisis on 14:36 - Jan 9 with 4322 viewsgazza1

Far too early to know if he will be fit for next week.....if he isnt, and I am not so sure that he will not be, I do not think that we will be going out signing new keepers.
Keeper crisis on 14:53 - Jan 9 with 4251 viewsLazyFan

Keeper crisis on 09:55 - Jan 9 by Red_Ranger

He was MOTM for both sides.
He was awesome. Sure plenty were directed at him, but some were not and he commanded his areas well.
He was very good indeed.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024