Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without doubt, down to the manager. 17:45 - Feb 12 with 5336 viewsknocker

If Willock had played, he would have gone with one up top. So why did not replace Willock with Amos or Thomas. No service to the front 2. Crying out for another body in midfield. Woeful. Have we won without Willock?
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 17:56 - Feb 12 with 3603 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Plenty of doubt from me.

I think it was down to attitude. Can’t see Willock doing anything Chair didn’t.

Bad day at the office, not the symptoms of a shit manager.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:04 - Feb 12 with 3547 viewsMick_S

Willock was injured.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:08 - Feb 12 with 3487 viewsknocker

Know that. But why not play Amos or Thomas instead. 2 up top got no service.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:10 - Feb 12 with 3468 viewsSharpy36

"Crying out for another body in midfield"

After about 30 minutes when it was clear, the service to the front two was dire. What gets me is virtually all the post match interviews with MW include "One game at a time" then "We`ve got x amount of games in x amount of days". Which one is it for crying out loud.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:11 - Feb 12 with 3457 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 17:56 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Plenty of doubt from me.

If you’d offered this board 4th place after 30 games (and two cup runs) no one would have turned it down.

Fact!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:11 - Feb 12 with 3458 viewsMick_S

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:08 - Feb 12 by knocker

Know that. But why not play Amos or Thomas instead. 2 up top got no service.

Sorry mate, didn’t read the original post properly.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:13]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:18 - Feb 12 with 3384 viewsknocker

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:11 - Feb 12 by PlanetHonneywood

If you’d offered this board 4th place after 30 games (and two cup runs) no one would have turned it down.

Fact!

And if you said we would be 4th but still lose to 2 of the bottom 3 teams, no surprise there.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:26 - Feb 12 with 3316 viewsbosh67

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:04 - Feb 12 by Mick_S

Willock was injured.

This.

And we always lose at Barnsley. It's why the universe doesn't explode.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:33 - Feb 12 with 3270 viewsMedwayR

Agreed, this one's on Warbs, like-for-like changes with the subs was frankly astounding when we clearly needed to try something different.

Poll: Who’s better?

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:41 - Feb 12 with 3214 viewswortonranger

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:33 - Feb 12 by MedwayR

Agreed, this one's on Warbs, like-for-like changes with the subs was frankly astounding when we clearly needed to try something different.

Certainly a Warbs fan but he obviously knows he got this one wrong. Absolutely no excuses here. We were predictably Billy big boots, no passion at all and created next to nothing. Neither did Barnsley. They were due their day. We are used to getting away with it. Not today. Arguably in the top ten worst performances of all time. ( clearly not top 5 though, thanks Oxford and Vauxhall motors who will forever vie for the honour of number 1 spot. It’s obviously Oxford though.)
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 19:18 - Feb 12 with 3009 viewsT_Block

No it is not .There is no direct causal link between dropping /resting one player and the result.6 games in 18 days.You need to rest your better players.so when.Oh yes when you play the weakest team.Who are the weakest at the moment ? Barnsley.

Fans like you are the knee-Jerks I hope to avoid on this forum.

You are effectively suggesting we play Willock until he gets injured.For lack of service -what about Dykes's miss at the end?
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 23:30 - Feb 12 with 2609 viewsLazyFan

Agree ... two up front does not work as the midfield gets overrun. Today proved it as the midfield of Barnsley was poor, but due to our lack of numbers in there, they were able to attack at will and more importantly balls that bounced away from any 50/50's ended up going to their player as they had the numbers to hoover them up.

It should have been Amos in for Gray and then Dykes just has to hang upfront. Gray did a few good channel runs but that was it really and we were unable to keep a poor team boxed into their own half for long enough periods. Then of course as usual we are open to the breakaway as the defence does not have enough people covering in midfield.

If Willock is not fit for Millwall then we need Amos in for Gray instead.

zzzzzzzzzz

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 02:20 - Feb 13 with 2477 viewsbob566

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 18:11 - Feb 12 by PlanetHonneywood

Fact!

One cup run.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 07:57 - Feb 13 with 2310 viewsNed_Kennedys

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 19:18 - Feb 12 by T_Block

No it is not .There is no direct causal link between dropping /resting one player and the result.6 games in 18 days.You need to rest your better players.so when.Oh yes when you play the weakest team.Who are the weakest at the moment ? Barnsley.

Fans like you are the knee-Jerks I hope to avoid on this forum.

You are effectively suggesting we play Willock until he gets injured.For lack of service -what about Dykes's miss at the end?

Read the OP’s post again, he is not saying play Willock even if injured but rather keep our best formation which is clearly one up front. If MW really feels he must play two up front then you must also have decent service to them so you must also start with Albert IMO.
Tactics wrong yesterday and we paid for it.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 09:35 - Feb 13 with 2167 viewsstowmarketrange

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 07:57 - Feb 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Read the OP’s post again, he is not saying play Willock even if injured but rather keep our best formation which is clearly one up front. If MW really feels he must play two up front then you must also have decent service to them so you must also start with Albert IMO.
Tactics wrong yesterday and we paid for it.

Definitely mate.Start with Albert and hopefully get a goal or two up with him attacking their back 4/5 and then take him off later in the game.
You could feel the confidence grow in the barnsley team as the game went on,but if we’d scored the 1st goal it would’ve affected that confidence.
How many chances did we keep giving them in the 1st half without learning any lessons?

It might be the last away game I’ll be going to this season,as my record is 7 games and 5 defeats,including 3 against teams in the bottom 3.The only win was Middlesbrough and that seems so long ago now.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 09:45 - Feb 13 with 2139 viewsBlue_Castello

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 23:30 - Feb 12 by LazyFan

Agree ... two up front does not work as the midfield gets overrun. Today proved it as the midfield of Barnsley was poor, but due to our lack of numbers in there, they were able to attack at will and more importantly balls that bounced away from any 50/50's ended up going to their player as they had the numbers to hoover them up.

It should have been Amos in for Gray and then Dykes just has to hang upfront. Gray did a few good channel runs but that was it really and we were unable to keep a poor team boxed into their own half for long enough periods. Then of course as usual we are open to the breakaway as the defence does not have enough people covering in midfield.

If Willock is not fit for Millwall then we need Amos in for Gray instead.

Agreed I have been saying for weeks that team selection is crucial at the moment and just because we have some experienced players that shouldn't give them priority over other options. We all accept that Willocks injured, it's no surprise after the beating he has taken over the last few weeks but how you replace him is crucial to our overall performance.
The last few games have shown that two strikers is not working, you can't concede the midfield and expect to win, the formation yesterday lead to our downfall, we have some good players in the squad it doesn't have to be Amos when there are other options but we do need that extra body to not get overrun.
Warbs has done a great job so far under difficult circumstances to assemble a competitive squad ,it's just hugely disappointing that we couldn't capitalise on our position yesterday,
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:04 - Feb 13 with 2060 viewsHooping_Mad

Heard Dykes on that W12 podcast and he picked Amos in his best 5 a side as the hard working midfielder.

Was that a message to Warbs?

Starting Hendrick against Barnsley show little respect to Amos or the opposition. Warbs got found out.

Charlie clearly doesn't think he should be behind Grey, now Amos is behind Hendrick.

Hendrick was so bad I said warbs might hook him before half time, Amos even warmed up. God only know what Dozzell has done wrong.

Hendrick needs to earn his starting place, Charlie is our player. These are the thing that upset dressing rooms.

I think Warbs does needs the hair dryer to be honest as he's aftermatch comments were mindless and he didn't take much responsibility which was sad.

We cannot expect to turn up and win

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:13 - Feb 13 with 2034 viewsRangersw12

Agree two up top doesn't suit us but we still should of had enough to beat Barnsley FFS

You could tell Warburton was furious after the game and rightly so. Hopefully this is a kick up arse we need to now kick on again

Were still in a very good position and still a good side keep the faith
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:17 - Feb 13 with 2018 viewstraininvain

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:13 - Feb 13 by Rangersw12

Agree two up top doesn't suit us but we still should of had enough to beat Barnsley FFS

You could tell Warburton was furious after the game and rightly so. Hopefully this is a kick up arse we need to now kick on again

Were still in a very good position and still a good side keep the faith

Agreed. We didn’t play with the required level of intensity or bravery. Far too many backwards or sideways passes.

I’d prefer to have an extra body in midfield than two up front, particularly against the top teams in the league. But we should be winning yesterday even with two up top and the team have to take part of the blame for a poor performance.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 2004 viewsdenhamhoop2

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 09:35 - Feb 13 by stowmarketrange

Definitely mate.Start with Albert and hopefully get a goal or two up with him attacking their back 4/5 and then take him off later in the game.
You could feel the confidence grow in the barnsley team as the game went on,but if we’d scored the 1st goal it would’ve affected that confidence.
How many chances did we keep giving them in the 1st half without learning any lessons?

It might be the last away game I’ll be going to this season,as my record is 7 games and 5 defeats,including 3 against teams in the bottom 3.The only win was Middlesbrough and that seems so long ago now.

So it's all your fault then but more seriously 2 up top doesn't really work for this team. Thought we were insipid all game with very little zip to the passing everything 2 and 3 touch allowing the opposition to get into position. Wasn't surprised as it is what QPR do same old Charity Park Rangers
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:21 - Feb 13 with 2003 viewsParkRoyalR

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:04 - Feb 13 by Hooping_Mad

Heard Dykes on that W12 podcast and he picked Amos in his best 5 a side as the hard working midfielder.

Starting Hendrick against Barnsley show little respect to Amos or the opposition. Warbs got found out.

Charlie clearly doesn't think he should be behind Grey, now Amos is behind Hendrick.

Hendrick was so bad I said warbs might hook him before half time, Amos even warmed up. God only know what Dozzell has done wrong.

Hendrick needs to earn his starting place, Charlie is our player. These are the thing that upset dressing rooms.

I think Warbs does needs the hair dryer to be honest as he's aftermatch comments were mindless and he didn't take much responsibility which was sad.

We missed 4 easy chances:
1) Barbet at far post 1st half
2) Chair & Gray 2 on 1 when Chair left the pass slightly short and Gray maybe took too long
3) Chair header in 6 yard box where he seemed to close his eyes
4) Dykes in final minute where he just threw himself in the general direction of the ball
Plus other good half chances eg Dykes cross to Gray in first 10 minutes, numerous cut-backs in box etc

My only slight difference in opinion to Warburton is that we hav'nt a 2nd striker fit / mobile enough to start a match, hence it has to be Dykes / Willock / Chair and Field and SJ in middle ahead of Amos and Hendrick (slightly harsh on those two)

Key to run-in is how Warburton uses Dykes / Willock / Chair when we don't have the ball - All 3 have shown they can defend from the front and this is key imo as 2nd striker yesterday offered nothing in attack or in pressing their defence (oh and taking our chances as above)
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:35 - Feb 13 with 1934 viewsParkRoyalR

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 17:56 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Plenty of doubt from me.

Other than playing with his head up, taking just one touch, seeing the pass and moving the ball quicker?

Don't want to side-track this thread but there was a few key moments yesterday when players were counter-attacking the space, Moses in particular and Chair just had his head down, did'nt see the pass and either delayed or went the other way.

Willock has proven throughout January the fine margins between creating goal-scoring assists and is a level above any other player in our team. A big miss yesterday as Plan B was to play a 2nd striker, and we have got one (imo) who merits a starting place.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:37 - Feb 13 with 1916 viewsHooping_Mad

We missed getting them on target, still the keeper to beat ;-)

Barnsley created twice the scouring opportunities, with half the possession. When the ball comes out we are getting out manned in the middle, the service to the front men hasn't been prolific this season, but given the addiction to squad rotation we never seem to have a settled squad. Warbs see's this differently, I don't think he expressed it very intelligently after the game

If we're short a striker and overloaded in the middle why did we start with 2 up top? I don't understand it at all.

Edit: Can't blame him for losing players to internationals though
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 10:38]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:42 - Feb 13 with 1873 viewsstevec

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:35 - Feb 13 by ParkRoyalR

Other than playing with his head up, taking just one touch, seeing the pass and moving the ball quicker?

Don't want to side-track this thread but there was a few key moments yesterday when players were counter-attacking the space, Moses in particular and Chair just had his head down, did'nt see the pass and either delayed or went the other way.

Willock has proven throughout January the fine margins between creating goal-scoring assists and is a level above any other player in our team. A big miss yesterday as Plan B was to play a 2nd striker, and we have got one (imo) who merits a starting place.

Correct.

Chairs a good player but hasn’t the vision of Willock.
Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:43 - Feb 13 with 1871 viewsQPROslo

Without doubt, down to the manager. on 10:04 - Feb 13 by Hooping_Mad

How was Hendrick so bad? He's not Willock but he passed accurately (more than most), found space and linked the play well. Not brilliant, not bad but Ok. A lovely pass through Boro opened them and would have won us the game if Albert had taken the chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024