Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 14:27 - Aug 17 with 5133 viewsstanistheman

[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 16:38]
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 14:30 - Aug 17 with 3900 viewsSonofpugwash

Does he actually get more inept with every tattoo he accumulates?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 14:31 - Aug 17 with 3898 viewsParkRoyalR

Time's a great healer they say, but how can you forget the laughably abject Conor Washington who took us mugs for the best part of £ 5m!
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 14:32 - Aug 17 with 3887 viewsstanistheman

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 14:31 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Time's a great healer they say, but how can you forget the laughably abject Conor Washington who took us mugs for the best part of £ 5m!

I haven’t forgotten Washington which is why I said many others.
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 14:39 - Aug 17 with 3836 viewsParkRoyalR

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 14:32 - Aug 17 by stanistheman

I haven’t forgotten Washington which is why I said many others.

Another way of looking at this, and playing alongside creators like Eze make it difficult to compare like for like, but I can't recall any better, other than Wells.

Austin was dreadful last year, Hughill could'nt hit a barn-door but got out of jail as playing with Eze the next gilt-edged chance was only around the corner, Gray was a better finisher no doubt but maybe did'nt get into the right positions enough, Sylla? Polter?
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 15:22 - Aug 17 with 3671 viewsdaveB

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 14:31 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

it was 2 million wasn't it? but yeah he was far worse than Dykes who reminds me of Marc Nygaard

On those matchg rating, if Niko plays like Paal no way he gets as high as a 6. I thought Paal was a 4 or 5 last night, really poor performance bt these things are very subjective.
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 15:31 - Aug 17 with 3618 viewskensalriser

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 15:22 - Aug 17 by daveB

it was 2 million wasn't it? but yeah he was far worse than Dykes who reminds me of Marc Nygaard

On those matchg rating, if Niko plays like Paal no way he gets as high as a 6. I thought Paal was a 4 or 5 last night, really poor performance bt these things are very subjective.

All those ratings could do with coming down a point. Not sure how Laird got 7.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 15:36 - Aug 17 with 3596 viewsNed_Kennedys

Great another thread slagging off Dykes.
Scapegoating forwards is a QPR speciality but not normally before the end of August.
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 15:38 - Aug 17 with 3582 viewsParkRoyalR

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 15:22 - Aug 17 by daveB

I thought it was £ 2.5m fee and same again in wages and Darragh MacAntony openly joked about that bit of business.

Nygaard, I get the comparison, atheltic and should have delivered more, hopefully I'm right and he can as certainly getting himself in better positions that first half season after joining.
Login to get fewer ads

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 16:16 - Aug 17 with 3433 viewsTheChef

He's coming back on Saturday - lump on now for him to score against us!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 17:21 - Aug 17 with 3223 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sorry, I hadn't seen the above comment. But yes, the script writes itself.....
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 17:22]
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 17:21 - Aug 17 with 3229 viewsderbyhoop

In recent seasons we've had
Washington, who wasn't good enough
Sylla who never scored from more than 5 yards
Wells and Hugill on loan, because we couldn't afford to buy them
Austin on a free, with big wages, when West Brom knew he was a busted flush
Kelman, who may never be good enough
Andre Gray, who scored but offered zero effort
Bonne, who probably isn't good enough
Now, Tyler Roberts, who isn't an out and out striker. If we want to keep him, he'll cost £4.5m

We haven't got £4.50 to spend, so Dykes is the best we have.
Unless Armstrong comes on in leaps and bounds.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 17:49 - Aug 17 with 3073 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Surely we're missing the obvious solution here...joint top scorer, Seny Dieng.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 17:53 - Aug 17 with 3046 viewsDorse

His current performance reminds me of an album review I read many years ago:
'Not exactly un-crap'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:11 - Aug 17 with 2984 viewsRangersw12

Dykes is on a par with Washington
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:17 - Aug 17 with 2956 viewsParkRoyalR

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:11 - Aug 17 by Rangersw12

Dykes is on a par with Washington

Absolutely no chance.

Although I am not surprised a Rangers fan would make such a comment, as a size-able proportion of our fans were still rating him when Darragh MacAntony made the old 'bought as seen' jibe.

The same size-able minority who thought Eze was lazy and not as good as Chair or BOS.

We do have some special supporters.
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:20 - Aug 17 with 2947 viewsR_from_afar

We can monetise our travails with sub-standard strikers. I checked and The Idler has produced the books Crap Towns, Crap Jobs and Crap Holidays, but not, as yet, Crap Strikers

Surely Pellicori takes the crown?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:22 - Aug 17 with 2939 viewsloftus77

I didn't go last night so I'm probably not as frustrated as many.

Lyndon Dykes is clearly a brilliant footballer - they all are. But the issue here (IMHO) is the mountain he continues to climb from the wonders of the Tony Macaroni Arena (Livi) to Loftus Road. Its like comparing Snowdon to Mount Everest - maybe. But with application, dedication and coaching, he'll get there - he's shown it in phases, particularly with Charlie backing him last season.

It just takes time to rise to this level from where he's come from.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 18:23]
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:31 - Aug 17 with 2901 viewsRangersw12

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:17 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Absolutely no chance.

Although I am not surprised a Rangers fan would make such a comment, as a size-able proportion of our fans were still rating him when Darragh MacAntony made the old 'bought as seen' jibe.

The same size-able minority who thought Eze was lazy and not as good as Chair or BOS.

I didn't think any of those things so don't know why your even mentioning them

To be clear Washington and Dykes are both awful players

Seems the only reason why your sticking up him is because you were obsessed with slagging of Austin who would of scored at least 2 of those chances BTW
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:39 - Aug 17 with 2863 viewsParkRoyalR

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:31 - Aug 17 by Rangersw12

I didn't think any of those things so don't know why your even mentioning them

To be clear Washington and Dykes are both awful players

Seems the only reason why your sticking up him is because you were obsessed with slagging of Austin who would of scored at least 2 of those chances BTW

Really, not the shape of Austin I saw in last season who snatched at almost every shot he had in and around the area, not sure he even scored from open play with his feet last year.

I hav'nt mentioned Austin since he left, but lets just say I was'nt surprised he took so many of our fans and the likes of Tony Fernandez for fools.
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:41 - Aug 17 with 2860 viewsboysfromthebush

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:17 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Absolutely no chance.

Washington = poor
Dykes = poor

Both of them need 3 or 4 decent chances to score and the movement of both isn't one of a decent striker.

Summed it up when Laird put two balls across the line last night (twice) and Dykes was on his heels for both. Nothing more needs dissecting and he needs to be dropped.

Not good enough and cost us the game.

Btw, this has nothing to do with BOS and Eze. I thought both were class for us.
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:43 - Aug 17 with 2846 viewsDamo1962

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 17:49 - Aug 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Surely we're missing the obvious solution here...joint top scorer, Seny Dieng.

😂
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:43 - Aug 17 with 2845 viewsPunteR

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:39 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Really, not the shape of Austin I saw in last season who snatched at almost every shot he had in and around the area, not sure he even scored from open play with his feet last year.

I hav'nt mentioned Austin since he left, but lets just say I was'nt surprised he took so many of our fans and the likes of Tony Fernandez for fools.

He would have buried the chances Dykes had. End of. What you think of him personally is irrelevant.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:47 - Aug 17 with 2826 viewsParkRoyalR

West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:43 - Aug 17 by PunteR

He would have buried the chances Dykes had. End of. What you think of him personally is irrelevant.

I reckon Jack Supple might prove otherwise?

I can recall numerous snatched shots last year but can't recall him scoring with a shot?

Could be wrong mind.
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:47 - Aug 17 with 2826 viewsDamo1962

Absolutely no chance.

Well you are in a minority who thinks Dykes is any good - so does that make you "special" ?🤔
West London Sport match ratings - Dykes in particular on 18:55 - Aug 17 with 2794 viewsdmm

Washington cost £2.5m in the winter of 2015 and the contract was terminated but mutual agreement in the summer of 2018.

Even as bad as Dykes is at the moment, he's better than Washington.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024