Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report 16:14 - Oct 16 with 3191 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58752
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 17:02 - Oct 16 with 2991 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive.

Honest & accurate match report. Luton were the better team and deserved to win.

Just one minor but relevant correction, their twitter post was 'Job Dunne' rather than 'Job done'.

Despite the poor performance & resulting downbeat report, you still managed to make me laugh. Your description of Jones post-match press conference as like 'two people having an argument when actually it’s just one person speaking' was spot on & hilarious.

Let's hope for a positive reaction in the two upcoming home games.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 18:03 - Oct 16 with 2831 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Fair report, we were well beaten and never really in the game. Spot on about Robert's and the 4. If the game isn't going his way he sulks rather than rolling his sleeves up and working harder, he is starting to act like Andre Gray last season.

Forget this result and roll on Wednesday.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 22:28 - Oct 16 with 2277 viewsManinBlack

I wholeheartedly agree that the two clubs need to get together as having the official Luton bods taking the mick over an injured player and their manager stoking the fires is harmful. This fixture is now a regular event again and tensions are much higher than if we were playing Chelsea. Some form of unity between the clubs is needed to tone it down. This could potentially be a play off fixture at the end of the season with another three meetings a possibility.

No doubt Warbs had a hex on Luton but now he has gone Luton may fare rather better against us rather like we have against Bristol City since Lee Johnson left them.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 22:30]
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 00:33 - Oct 17 with 2109 viewsSydneyRs

Fair enough, take it and move on.

Nathan Jones really should be charging us rent though.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 09:46 - Oct 17 with 1754 viewsdaveB

I was really impressed by Morris for them, held the ball up werll, bullied our centre halves and just caused us so many problems. Looks a really good player. Stick him in our side and we are pushing for top 2

I'd have gone with Dykes or Dieng for MOTM, thought they were the pick of a bad bunch but no more than a 6/10
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 10:38 - Oct 17 with 1662 viewsParkRoyalR

QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 09:46 - Oct 17 by daveB

I was really impressed by Morris for them, held the ball up werll, bullied our centre halves and just caused us so many problems. Looks a really good player. Stick him in our side and we are pushing for top 2

I'd have gone with Dykes or Dieng for MOTM, thought they were the pick of a bad bunch but no more than a 6/10

I didn't think there was much in the sides altho they were playing a 'they don't like it up em' game and were more physical and direct in their approach.

I thought Roberts + Clarke Salter struggled with the physicality and didn't look like they were enjoying the battle, unlike Dunne + Tim who I thought were our best players, 2nd goal aside.

We had a similar number of chances but didn't take them and we missed our two best players of late in Willock + Laird, with Chair reverting to trying to do too much himself with little end product.

I like the look of Tim, Tyler + Leon and think with these 3 and Willock we can challenge Top 6 this year. I'm worried Roberts does'nt have the game intelligence of Willock and he and Clarke Salter need to get to grips with the physicality of the Championship quickly.

We score 1st and that's a different game but we started too slow and paid for giving them something to fight to defend. Onwards.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 13:08 - Oct 17 with 1441 viewsdenhamhoop2

Thought Luton were much too physical and strong for us most of the game JCS seemingly shocked forwards are allowed to use their bodies to knock him out of his stride. Roberts body language and demeanour looked like "I'm too good for this sort of s**t I'm a Premier League player ". Was extremely disappointed with the section of our support who decided that someone being knocked into a coma whilst travelling home from a game was all part of the whole "football bants" shtick it's not big it's not clever. Unlike most of those singing this song I followed Rangers in an era when most weeks someone was hospitalised going to games and most certainly have no wish or desire to return to those dark dark days for football in this country
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 1418 viewsWestbourneR

Still think it's a glaring error in our squad building that we don't have a player on the bench who can step into a creative role if one of Willock or Chair is injured.

I think Freeman would have been a good & cheap addition to do that actually.

ATM I actually think Adomah is the closest we have to a Willock stand in.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 13:46 - Oct 17 with 1380 viewssparkey

In regards to the man who was put into a coma.

In absolutely no way was this acceptable in any way and the chanting was terrible. Also, hope he keeps making a steady recovery.

However, the idea & story that he was just an innocent man going home is boring, he was goading the home fans looking for issues and unfortunately got badly hurt.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 15:22 - Oct 17 with 1216 viewsNorthantsHoop

Totally agree Clive with all this. Not been to Luton's ground since the mid 80s and to me it looked like an accident waiting to happen, if fans had to get out quickly. I have been banging on about Abadeyo being a super player for quite a while now, and he played the centre forward role superbly on Saturday. Luton deserved their win, out muscled us and the midfield without Johansen struggled to exert themselves and calm it down a bit. Still onwards to Cardiff and Wigan and hope players with the ability focus on getting the results needed rather than getting frustrated with their lot.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 23:57 - Oct 17 with 871 viewsSydneyRs

QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 13:08 - Oct 17 by denhamhoop2

Thought Luton were much too physical and strong for us most of the game JCS seemingly shocked forwards are allowed to use their bodies to knock him out of his stride. Roberts body language and demeanour looked like "I'm too good for this sort of s**t I'm a Premier League player ". Was extremely disappointed with the section of our support who decided that someone being knocked into a coma whilst travelling home from a game was all part of the whole "football bants" shtick it's not big it's not clever. Unlike most of those singing this song I followed Rangers in an era when most weeks someone was hospitalised going to games and most certainly have no wish or desire to return to those dark dark days for football in this country

Reading were also pretty physical and we handled that ok. Losing Balogun early doors was a big blow in a game like this.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 01:10 - Oct 18 with 833 viewskensalriser

Strange narrative that Roberts and Clarke-Salter somehow aren't used to the Championship. 51 and 58 games respectively at this level prior to QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 07:33 - Oct 18 with 746 viewsQPROslo

QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 23:57 - Oct 17 by SydneyRs

Reading were also pretty physical and we handled that ok. Losing Balogun early doors was a big blow in a game like this.

I thought so too. Huge loss. The very low number of goals against when he's played more than a minute for us compared to when he hasn't played confirm. Though it has only been a short period. Hope he is fit again quick, he looks our best defensive outfield player to me and the main organiser.
QPR falter, letting Luton in for rare win — Report on 09:47 - Oct 18 with 654 viewsBlue_Castello

Excellent report, we were outplayed first half but definitely very much in the game second, whoever got the second goal was massive and unfortunately a couple of mistakes by our players gave them the goal on a plate, from then it was all uphill.
Truly hope Beale has learnt a lot from this fixture, that's providing he's still with us in December, team selection is crucial and I can't help but feel we would have coped better with Adebayo and Morris with a back three, the extra centre half might have helped stem the tide, it's also definitely worth having Armstrong available for the return fixture, give them some of there own medicine.
Bottom line we move on and hope that the injuries are not serious....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024