Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 10:55 - Jan 12 with 2821 viewsNorthernr

Chris Charles hosting, me guesting...

This week's podcast on 10:59 - Jan 12 with 2496 viewsMonkey_Roots

Thanks, will check it out.

The last one was a horror show in terms of sound quality...
This week's podcast on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 2322 viewsdaveB

It's a good listen, would say on Finney's point about how many players come in every summer we do have a similar number going out so it's not as if we are bulking the squad out every summer, I don't think you'll find many clubs these days who don't make 8/9 signings in the summer window

I do think we worry too much about who signs the players, I don't think it's ever been one person who signs all the players, always been a mixture of managers, scouts, DOF, owners going back decades. What matters more is if the signings are any good.

Also think players love an excuse and the whole Beale thing is just an excuse now for poor performance, yes it wasn't great how he went but it happens, Luton lost their manager in similar circumstances and the players didn't throw a tantrum they just got on with it. Millwall were crap in September but the players started to perform and they are now in the playoffs. A bit of personal pride in your own performance is really lacking for our players. Too often the finger pointing is well the manager left, or he didn't mark someone from a corner or he missed a good chance, if you sort your own performance out and play at your best the rest takes care of itself and we don't have a single player doing that at the moment
This week's podcast on 13:51 - Jan 12 with 2308 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 13:49 - Jan 12 by daveB

It's a good listen, would say on Finney's point about how many players come in every summer we do have a similar number going out so it's not as if we are bulking the squad out every summer, I don't think you'll find many clubs these days who don't make 8/9 signings in the summer window

I do think we worry too much about who signs the players, I don't think it's ever been one person who signs all the players, always been a mixture of managers, scouts, DOF, owners going back decades. What matters more is if the signings are any good.

Also think players love an excuse and the whole Beale thing is just an excuse now for poor performance, yes it wasn't great how he went but it happens, Luton lost their manager in similar circumstances and the players didn't throw a tantrum they just got on with it. Millwall were crap in September but the players started to perform and they are now in the playoffs. A bit of personal pride in your own performance is really lacking for our players. Too often the finger pointing is well the manager left, or he didn't mark someone from a corner or he missed a good chance, if you sort your own performance out and play at your best the rest takes care of itself and we don't have a single player doing that at the moment

Third par is spot on - like I said after Fleetwood, it's a mentality thing.
This week's podcast on 14:50 - Jan 12 with 2227 viewsPaddyhoops

Great show with some top end contributors and Finney. Just joking . He deserves credit for keeping it going since David Fraser called it a day as a regular presenter.
Could feel your frustration seeping through my headphones.
This week's podcast on 18:24 - Jan 12 with 2098 viewsTacticalR

Interesting that at the end nobody wanted to make a prediction about the result of the Reading game.

Air hostess clique

This week's podcast on 18:48 - Jan 12 with 2057 viewsdmm

I've been a pretty regular listener ever since it started and I quite enjoyed this latest edition, unlike quite a few in recent times. It really does need a revamp. Could it become more closely linked to Loft for Words with you, Clive, hosting it? If you did, I do believe it would improve immeasurably.
This week's podcast on 19:31 - Jan 12 with 1994 viewsBakes

Listened to this pod from the start and have been to all the live shows, it kinda lost its way recently after DF and Flo left but it’s getting back to its best, just wish it was recorded in the studio like it was pre covid, the sound quality isn’t great and it’s irritating when the signal drops on Skype.

Always enjoy hearing Clive on there, he doesn’t hold back like the others do.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 19:32]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

This week's podcast on 19:55 - Jan 12 with 1954 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 18:48 - Jan 12 by dmm

I've been a pretty regular listener ever since it started and I quite enjoyed this latest edition, unlike quite a few in recent times. It really does need a revamp. Could it become more closely linked to Loft for Words with you, Clive, hosting it? If you did, I do believe it would improve immeasurably.

If I had the time I'd have probably taken it on when David left and he asked me, but I'm already basically now doing two full time jobs with LFW and my actual job. I work 6-6 Monday to Friday minimum now, more when we've got three games, and a good chunk of Sundays as well. I'm working now, there'll be another piece online about 9pm. So all I can really commit to it is sticking my head around the door every now and again when there's something interesting to talk about.

If I was going to do it I'd want to do it properly because that's how I am. So a planned running order, guests booked and planned in advance, probably record the interviews they do separately and edit them into the show, edit and clean up the recording afterwards to cut out the interruptions and the tech fails. There just isn't the time in my day atm.

I'm also aware and very grateful that so many of you are contributing to the LFW Patreon to keep this site going, so if I do have spare time to interview ex players or people at the club etc, I'd rather I did it on my own, in depth and professionally, and did it for you guys who do that for me. I would like to start having some podcasts of my own on that Patreon, and have got some ideas around when the accounts come out next month to that effect, and around things like our end of term reports and season previews which I think would lend themselves to a round table podcast format. But, again, a lot of you guys are giving me actual money, so I'd much rather do that for you than for somebody else.

And, being really honest, I'm also very aware that I have more than enough platforms to have my say as it is. I've got this website, I've been in the programme and AKUTRs in the past, I've got a Twitter account with more followers than any of the other QPR ones, I'm a regular on the pod, I think that's enough. It's obvious these days that as much as some people seem to quite like me and what I say I've also now also got several hundred Twitter accounts on mute and block so increasingly people don't like me and what I say and I've pissed a lot of people off. In fact, some people dislike me so much they take the time to come onto my website, register anonymous accounts, and tell me that here just so they can be really sure that I know.

So I think taking over the main QPR podcast would not only give me lots more work to do for no more pay, but also open me up to yet more people taking time out of their day to tell me what a dick I am, and that doesn't do my head a lot of good at all let me tell you.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 20:40 - Jan 12 with 1875 viewsdmm

Clive, many thanks for a very fulsome reply. I wasn't expecting that. You sound incredibly busy so it's completely understandable why you wouldn't want to take it on.
This week's podcast on 20:55 - Jan 12 with 1857 viewsBAWHoops

I've been on it a few times this season (I'm Rob, you probably find me annoying!) and what Clive says about a running order, guests etc is absolutely right and I thought it would be like that and had grand plans to try and introduce some things.... but that's just not the pod.

It's properly by QPR fans for QPR fans. Finney puts his heart and soul into it and his little black book of QPR fans is incredible.

It's a pub podcast, it's QPR fans sitting and chatting whilst remembering the good days and shooting the shit. There isn't tactical analysis, gossip or breaking news, you can get all that on other (excellent) QPR podcasts. What Open All R's is is a proper view from the terrace. Nobody has an agenda, everybody on there just loves QPR and wants to talk about their club.

Also if you want to ever be on it just shoot Finney a message, he'll get you on and probably mispronounce your name as well just for good measure

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

This week's podcast on 21:12 - Jan 12 with 1817 viewsaston_hoop

Haven't listened to the pod for a while but will stick this one on tomorrow and resume regular listening. As said above, its just QPR fans shooting off about our club and I like that.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

This week's podcast on 21:29 - Jan 12 with 1774 viewsRangersw12

This week's podcast on 19:55 - Jan 12 by Northernr

If I had the time I'd have probably taken it on when David left and he asked me, but I'm already basically now doing two full time jobs with LFW and my actual job. I work 6-6 Monday to Friday minimum now, more when we've got three games, and a good chunk of Sundays as well. I'm working now, there'll be another piece online about 9pm. So all I can really commit to it is sticking my head around the door every now and again when there's something interesting to talk about.

If I was going to do it I'd want to do it properly because that's how I am. So a planned running order, guests booked and planned in advance, probably record the interviews they do separately and edit them into the show, edit and clean up the recording afterwards to cut out the interruptions and the tech fails. There just isn't the time in my day atm.

I'm also aware and very grateful that so many of you are contributing to the LFW Patreon to keep this site going, so if I do have spare time to interview ex players or people at the club etc, I'd rather I did it on my own, in depth and professionally, and did it for you guys who do that for me. I would like to start having some podcasts of my own on that Patreon, and have got some ideas around when the accounts come out next month to that effect, and around things like our end of term reports and season previews which I think would lend themselves to a round table podcast format. But, again, a lot of you guys are giving me actual money, so I'd much rather do that for you than for somebody else.

And, being really honest, I'm also very aware that I have more than enough platforms to have my say as it is. I've got this website, I've been in the programme and AKUTRs in the past, I've got a Twitter account with more followers than any of the other QPR ones, I'm a regular on the pod, I think that's enough. It's obvious these days that as much as some people seem to quite like me and what I say I've also now also got several hundred Twitter accounts on mute and block so increasingly people don't like me and what I say and I've pissed a lot of people off. In fact, some people dislike me so much they take the time to come onto my website, register anonymous accounts, and tell me that here just so they can be really sure that I know.

So I think taking over the main QPR podcast would not only give me lots more work to do for no more pay, but also open me up to yet more people taking time out of their day to tell me what a dick I am, and that doesn't do my head a lot of good at all let me tell you.

"In fact, some people dislike me so much they take the time to come onto my website, register anonymous accounts, and tell me that here just so they can be really sure that I know."

You should name and shame the wrong uns
This week's podcast on 21:37 - Jan 12 with 1760 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 21:29 - Jan 12 by Rangersw12

"In fact, some people dislike me so much they take the time to come onto my website, register anonymous accounts, and tell me that here just so they can be really sure that I know."

You should name and shame the wrong uns

Well, you don't have to spend too much time on here to watch it happening.
This week's podcast on 22:43 - Jan 12 with 1693 viewsDixie_CT

This week's podcast on 19:55 - Jan 12 by Northernr

"So You're Telling Me There's A Chance?"
This week's podcast on 23:57 - Jan 12 with 1604 viewsdaveB

a Loft For Words pod covering a range of topics would be great.

Week 1 - Women you think you shouldn't but you would
Week 2 - Comedians who are just not funny
Week 3 - 57 - Brexit
Week 58 - Best Bands you've seen live
This week's podcast on 08:35 - Jan 13 with 1421 viewsAd99

Agree with this wholeheartedly. I've sponsored the pod a few times but find it unlistenable when Finney is hosting. He's a passionate fan and I like hearing his views on matches but it really needs someone like David or Chris to direct the chat and keep it flowing. Clive is routinely one of the best guests.
This week's podcast on 09:22 - Jan 13 with 1391 viewsconnell10

Sounded like Les was under the microscope , I personally think he is doing a good job and should be retained, but I feel the tide is turning against him with the fan base!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

This week's podcast on 09:28 - Jan 13 with 1378 viewsnix

This week's podcast on 09:22 - Jan 13 by connell10

Sounded like Les was under the microscope , I personally think he is doing a good job and should be retained, but I feel the tide is turning against him with the fan base!

I don't know. I think there's a few people posting multiple times often with these things. I've blocked a few people on QPR Fb accounts (and on here) and it's amazing how much more positive both sites seem!
This week's podcast on 09:29 - Jan 13 with 1376 viewsconnell10

This week's podcast on 23:57 - Jan 12 by daveB

a Loft For Words pod covering a range of topics would be great.

Week 1 - Women you think you shouldn't but you would
Week 2 - Comedians who are just not funny
Week 3 - 57 - Brexit
Week 58 - Best Bands you've seen live

I like your vids on YouTube a
Mate . All the retro footage love it !! Keep up the good work 👏 🙌

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

This week's podcast on 10:17 - Jan 13 with 1335 viewsdaveB

This week's podcast on 09:29 - Jan 13 by connell10

I like your vids on YouTube a
Mate . All the retro footage love it !! Keep up the good work 👏 🙌

Thanks mate, ,lots more stuff coming up on there but work been a nightmare the last 2 months so only this week have had a few free evenings to get started again
This week's podcast on 10:27 - Jan 13 with 1312 viewstoboboly

Must admit I found it went downhill when DF left, however I do like Chris hosting. Was a good listen this week.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

This week's podcast on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 1248 viewsmonners1969

I only usually listen now when Clive is on - think it’s the macabre in me
This week's podcast on 17:24 - Jan 13 with 1108 viewsDixie_CT

I haven't listened in ages, but I felt compelled to listen to this one, and it was delightful, with lots of well-articulated points.

Thanks to the contributors and those who create the show.
This week's podcast on 21:37 - Jan 13 with 1003 viewscharmr

Haven’t listened to it for a long time now. Pretty much for the same reasons that have been posted.
You’re looking for insightful contributions and thoughtful analysis not discussions starting with what someone said on twitter.

Clive inmo is an excellent guest and one of the best.

Carry on, strewth
This week's podcast on 09:37 - Jan 14 with 826 viewslondonscottish

This week's podcast on 18:24 - Jan 12 by TacticalR

Interesting that at the end nobody wanted to make a prediction about the result of the Reading game.

The closest was "I wouldn't be surprised it Rangers won 3-0. Or lost 4-0". Clive I think? Pretty much sums it up.

I though the music at the beginning was very funny.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024