Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobo on the podcast 10:11 - May 5 with 11389 viewsconnell10

I was really impressed with him. He was honest , intelligent and has set my mind at rest a fair bit! Also he totally gets Rangers!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dobo on the podcast on 11:15 - May 5 with 6121 viewsSuperhoop83

Agreed. A very encouraging listen.

Suffering since 1978.

Dobo on the podcast on 11:19 - May 5 with 6104 viewsconnell10

Dobo on the podcast on 11:15 - May 5 by Superhoop83

Agreed. A very encouraging listen.

Yep , he comes across as genuine, but I also felt the same about Boil face !

Dobo on the podcast on 11:30 - May 5 with 6057 viewsAntti_Heinola

Listened on way into work. Thought he was really good, very interesting to listen to. I think the point that could have been made on his behalf about the Haka was that it wasn't that doing the Haka exercise was a bad idea: the bad idea was putting it on socials, because it set everyone up for a fall. Do that stuff when things are going well.

As always, these interviews are tantalising: you want to know what he really thinks of Amos or Balogun or Lowe or whatever, but they can't be totally honest about that. But you'd love to know! Thought all his stuff about the culture was really interesting.

Bare bones.

Dobo on the podcast on 11:47 - May 5 with 5957 viewsbaz_qpr

Agree best pod of the year I think, and as an Ainsworth sceptic I found it quite reassuring especially when he talked about how he studied Man City and that he was a purist at heart but its been needs must and they have to get the balance based upon the talent they have.

Also got the impression that any bids for Sam Field would be resisted
Dobo on the podcast on 11:53 - May 5 with 5899 viewsRangersw12

Excellent podcast and he does seem to get us as a club
Dobo on the podcast on 12:02 - May 5 with 5845 viewsdaveB

Dobo on the podcast on 11:19 - May 5 by connell10

Yep , he comes across as genuine, but I also felt the same about Boil face !

Yeah I feel the same. Came across very well, liked what he had to say but I said the same about Beale so I don't know anymore
Dobo on the podcast on 12:06 - May 5 with 5840 viewsconnell10

Dobo on the podcast on 12:02 - May 5 by daveB

Yeah I feel the same. Came across very well, liked what he had to say but I said the same about Beale so I don't know anymore

I said the same Dave , but Boil face was a Scum fan , whereas Dobo is a R .

Dobo on the podcast on 12:19 - May 5 with 5785 viewsGloucs_R

What podcast guys?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Dobo on the podcast on 12:20 - May 5 with 5781 viewsNorthernr

Dobo on the podcast on 12:19 - May 5 by Gloucs_R

What podcast guys?

Dobo on the podcast on 13:03 - May 5 with 5592 viewsE15Hoop

Dobo on the podcast on 12:20 - May 5 by Northernr

Briiliant listen. This guy is a true gem, and its nice to see now why the sceptics amongst you lot are now finally starting to believe what I've been banging on about for these last couple of weeks. Literally ALL your questions should now have been answered, including all the rubbish that has been spouted about GA's chosen style of play going forwards.
Dobo on the podcast on 13:04 - May 5 with 5591 viewssprocket

Seems like a decent intelligent bloke. Good to have someone who has a passion for QPR and obviously cares somewhat like Warbs. It's the hope that kills etc... but with people who care about the club and have proven talent/experience it is miles better than the likes of Beale so on that basis alone I can't wait for new season
Dobo on the podcast on 13:07 - May 5 with 5565 viewsSuperhoop83

Dobo on the podcast on 12:06 - May 5 by connell10

I said the same Dave , but Boil face was a Scum fan , whereas Dobo is a R .

I rarely call things right with our club, but I suspected Beale was a wrong 'un from the first moment I saw him. The second biggest charlatan to manage QPR, beaten only by Redknapp.

Suffering since 1978.

Dobo on the podcast on 13:18 - May 5 with 5522 viewsHeadington

Yes impressed with him. Lots of good insight.
Dobo on the podcast on 13:46 - May 5 with 5410 viewshertshoops

Liked him, seems genuine and knowledgeable - and is an R

Will take him and Gaz a while to rebuild, but I have confidence they will do so with the club at heart
Dobo on the podcast on 13:53 - May 5 with 5379 viewsPaddyhoops

Very good interview. Came across really well.
Looks like next years team will be working lot harder, in a roundabout about way he said we weren’t . He said our stats improved enormously in the Stoke and Burnley games which was plain to see.
He loves Sam Field but in fairness we all do.
Can’t see the playing style changing too much from what we’ve seen and expect to see us playing our football in an around the opposition’s penalty area.
The biggest take from the interview is he wants to turn this team into mentality monsters rather than mentality mice.
I’ll take that.
Dobo on the podcast on 13:58 - May 5 with 5348 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dobo on the podcast on 11:47 - May 5 by baz_qpr

Agree best pod of the year I think, and as an Ainsworth sceptic I found it quite reassuring especially when he talked about how he studied Man City and that he was a purist at heart but its been needs must and they have to get the balance based upon the talent they have.

Also got the impression that any bids for Sam Field would be resisted

Any bids for Field would be snapped up quicker than you can say 'defensive midfielder'

Bare bones.

Dobo on the podcast on 14:13 - May 5 with 5255 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dobo on the podcast on 13:03 - May 5 by E15Hoop

Briiliant listen. This guy is a true gem, and its nice to see now why the sceptics amongst you lot are now finally starting to believe what I've been banging on about for these last couple of weeks. Literally ALL your questions should now have been answered, including all the rubbish that has been spouted about GA's chosen style of play going forwards.

Proof will be in the pudding.

Good podcast, though. Very likeable fella. He and Ainsworth did a good episode on the Football Psychology Show, also highly recommended.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dobo on the podcast on 15:25 - May 5 with 4985 viewsngbqpr

Dobo on the podcast on 13:03 - May 5 by E15Hoop

Mate, give it a rest! You really don't have to jump on every thread like this.

I'm a glass half full / happy clapper kinda fan, I genuinely applaud your firmly held convictions, but for all GA's infectious positivity / Dobbo's insight here, and the fact that they both love the club...I reserve the right to maintain an element of scepticism for now, and I'll decide whether "ALL my questions have been answered" probably around Xmas based on half a season of football with their chosen squad and sufficient time to implement their beliefs.

It's just not black & white - pro / anti Gaz / Gazball etc.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dobo on the podcast on 15:27 - May 5 with 4982 viewsNorthernr

Dobo on the podcast on 13:58 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

Any bids for Field would be snapped up quicker than you can say 'defensive midfielder'

Someone's got to keep him in new cardigans.
Dobo on the podcast on 15:35 - May 5 with 4930 viewsE15Hoop

Dobo on the podcast on 15:25 - May 5 by ngbqpr

I'm a glass half full / happy clapper kinda fan, I genuinely applaud your firmly held convictions, but for all GA's infectious positivity / Dobbo's insight here, and the fact that they both love the club...I reserve the right to maintain an element of scepticism for now, and I'll decide whether "ALL my questions have been answered" probably around Xmas based on half a season of football with their chosen squad and sufficient time to implement their beliefs.

Let me be the first to wish you "Happy Christmas" then!
Dobo on the podcast on 15:48 - May 5 with 4871 viewsDorse

Dobo on the podcast on 13:58 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

In Klingon sign language.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dobo on the podcast on 16:14 - May 5 with 4748 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dobo on the podcast on 15:25 - May 5 by ngbqpr

I suspect a lot of us feel like this.
I like and admire your stance on GA E15 but ffs we have got the message and you will do yourself a disservice to relentlessly jump on every thread saying it over and over again.
Dobo on the podcast on 16:18 - May 5 with 4726 viewsE15Hoop

Dobo on the podcast on 16:14 - May 5 by CroydonCaptJack

I suspect a lot of us feel like this.
I like and admire your stance on GA E15 but ffs we have got the message and you will do yourself a disservice to relentlessly jump on every thread saying it over and over again.

Then it appears that my work here is done for now. Adios amigos!
Dobo on the podcast on 16:22 - May 5 with 4697 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dobo on the podcast on 16:18 - May 5 by E15Hoop

Then it appears that my work here is done for now. Adios amigos!

Well if that was your only work yes, but 'bear to be told' as my Dad used to say and no need to flounce off!
Dobo on the podcast on 16:29 - May 5 with 4641 viewsE15Hoop

Dobo on the podcast on 16:22 - May 5 by CroydonCaptJack

Well if that was your only work yes, but 'bear to be told' as my Dad used to say and no need to flounce off!

Who's flouncing?! I'm genuinely happy that my gospel has been spread and the receivers have acknowledged the message. Since you have now heard it directly from Saint Richard of Dobson, I have no other words to add, as he hath spoken the true word of Saint Gareth of Ainsworth in full.
Besides which I'm happily trading dirty jokes with DannyPaddox on the Reading thread atm, and also theoretically at work. so I shall bid you "adieu" and enjoy the weekend, particularly Monday, obviously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024