Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas 08:54 - May 17 with 2877 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65611279

For £100 million. How obscene is that?
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 08:58 - May 17 with 2852 viewsBlue_Castello

Absolutely that smacks of a club whose finances are in s*it street..........

That said the article implies that somebody from Nantes was responsible for putting Sala on the plane, at a dangerous time of day and the flight was not arranged by Cardiff, definitely some grey areas here which need to be sorted by the courts....
[Post edited 17 May 2023 9:18]
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 09:02 - May 17 with 2833 viewsQPR_Hibs

It always amazes me how careless people are with their words when talking about tragedies like this. The Cardiff chairman said (when being asked about the amount of compensation being sought)
"Our lawyers came up with the number. There is logic to it. It's not a number that we picked from the air."

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 09:28 - May 17 with 2742 viewsToast_R

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 09:02 - May 17 by QPR_Hibs

It always amazes me how careless people are with their words when talking about tragedies like this. The Cardiff chairman said (when being asked about the amount of compensation being sought)
"Our lawyers came up with the number. There is logic to it. It's not a number that we picked from the air."

The logic being the amount of Premier League money they reckon they lost out on by being relegated after 1 season.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 09:46 - May 17 with 2685 viewsbosh67

It is a terribly tragic story, horribly handled at every level by Cardiff and their inability to take any blame for what happened to the poor guy is horrific.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 10:07 - May 17 with 2617 viewsTonto

some key info here from the inquiry into Sala's death:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60561959

the flight was arranged by Willie McKay (the bankrupt agent) who was working for his son Mark's firm, who was representing Nantes in the sale... but, apparently details were known by someone at Cardiff - the plater liaison officer.

Doesn't feel like Nantes are responsible to me. more likely the agents first and foremost. but as they were acting for Nantes, were does liability stop?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 10:09 - May 17 with 2611 viewsEsox_Lucius

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 08:58 - May 17 by Blue_Castello

Absolutely that smacks of a club whose finances are in s*it street..........

That said the article implies that somebody from Nantes was responsible for putting Sala on the plane, at a dangerous time of day and the flight was not arranged by Cardiff, definitely some grey areas here which need to be sorted by the courts....
[Post edited 17 May 2023 9:18]

A person employed by Cardiff to oversee transfers was made aware of the arrangements and, presumption here, signed off on the flight to Wales. This could be a big problem for whoever litigates the case.

The grass is always greener.

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 10:51 - May 17 with 2508 viewshoops_legend

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 10:09 - May 17 by Esox_Lucius

A person employed by Cardiff to oversee transfers was made aware of the arrangements and, presumption here, signed off on the flight to Wales. This could be a big problem for whoever litigates the case.

Sad story all round - controversial but to be honest I feel for both Cardiff as they lost a lot of money and had no player for rest of season and this was due to some dodgy agent

When he died, there should have been no further transactions and both clubs agreed nothing further to be done.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 10:55 - May 17 with 2486 viewsSonofpugwash

Absolutely sick.
Football has hit a new low.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 11:16 - May 17 with 2435 viewsTonto

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 10:51 - May 17 by hoops_legend

Sad story all round - controversial but to be honest I feel for both Cardiff as they lost a lot of money and had no player for rest of season and this was due to some dodgy agent

When he died, there should have been no further transactions and both clubs agreed nothing further to be done.

that would have ,meant Nantes get nothing as Cardiff hadnt paid a thing at that point, so feels a little one sided.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 12:35 - May 17 with 2327 viewsJuzzie

How the fk can they sue for £100m when it's them who would surely owe money to Nantes for the transfer? Would it not then be Nantes to contest wanting money from Cardiff?

Maybe it's the whole well-we-owe-Nantes-money-so-if-we-sue-they'll-counter-it-by-settling trick.

Secondly, how the fk can Cardiff even consider suing, it's sick.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 13:22 - May 17 with 2202 viewsTGRRRSSS

Didn't Nantes sue Cardiff for the transfer fee and they won?

Went to CAS I think (Highest arbitrator in Sport I think)

I agree everyone should have walked away once it was known, I would hope though if they do win they give a huge slice of the pie to Sala's next of Kin.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 13:24 - May 17 with 2192 viewsClive_Anderson

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 12:35 - May 17 by Juzzie

How the fk can they sue for £100m when it's them who would surely owe money to Nantes for the transfer? Would it not then be Nantes to contest wanting money from Cardiff?

Maybe it's the whole well-we-owe-Nantes-money-so-if-we-sue-they'll-counter-it-by-settling trick.

Secondly, how the fk can Cardiff even consider suing, it's sick.

Didn't Nantes originally ensure they were paid after his death as well?

It's a sad case, but seems a bit unfair that Cardiff would have to pay the whole fee if they weren't legally obliged to do so (no idea if that's the case or not).

Of course suing for £100m is absurd.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 15:51 - May 17 with 2015 viewsYorkshirehoop

No one wins.both clubs are out of pocket.just a horrible thing happened but we are talking about a young man's life and the pilot as well.nantes got around half the fee for the player.i think that's fair.some Cardiff director saying they want 100 million is laughable.have some consideration for salah s family.thats my take on it.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 16:31 - May 17 with 1938 viewsstevec

I would imagine any defence barrister worth his sort would point out to Cardiff that having paid £15 million for his services they might have considered getting him on a bona fide EasyJet flight from Nantes to Bristol for about 30 quid and a mini cab over the Severn Bridge.

Astonishing how they handled £15m worth of asset.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 16:46 - May 17 with 1909 viewsMatch82

My takeaway from this statement is that Cardiff's perception is that the people who are hardest done by here are Cardiff.

Not the poor young man who tragically died, or his family and friends grieving for him - who by the way now get to have this entire ordeal stretched on in the public eye for even longer.

There's zero empathy from Cardiff and this is incredibly tasteless.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 01:20 - May 18 with 1639 viewsBoston

Sorta lost here...every effing business step I take is covered by insurance. Now I get he left the showroom and was on his way to the new owner, but surely they'd have been good for most of the damage?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 08:54 - May 18 with 1555 viewsBerkoRanger

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 09:02 - May 17 by QPR_Hibs

Shocking choice of words by the Cardiff Chairman considering the circumstances.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 09:09 - May 18 with 1524 viewsterryb

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 01:20 - May 18 by Boston

Sorta lost here...every effing business step I take is covered by insurance. Now I get he left the showroom and was on his way to the new owner, but surely they'd have been good for most of the damage?

This all from from memory Boston & shouldn't be taken as gospel.

I think Cardiff hadn't informed the insurance company that they had signed the player, so he wasn't on the list of employees. After the player died they tried to backdate saying the cover should have been automatic.

The courts found against this argument.
Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 13:43 - May 18 with 1359 viewsJuzzie

Cardiff suing over Nantes over Salas on 16:46 - May 17 by Match82

My takeaway from this statement is that Cardiff's perception is that the people who are hardest done by here are Cardiff.

Not the poor young man who tragically died, or his family and friends grieving for him - who by the way now get to have this entire ordeal stretched on in the public eye for even longer.

There's zero empathy from Cardiff and this is incredibly tasteless.

Footballers are a tradable and expendable commodity. Vile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024