Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR Sheffield United manager 13:37 - Sep 17 with 2992 viewsloftboy

Moaning about the amount of time added on and ruining his ingame management, if you hadn’t of taken the piss you would have won yesterday.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 15:00]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:07 - Sep 17 with 2916 viewsWatford_Ranger

As much as it’s annoying mostly for catching trains home it’s just not being consistently applied and isn’t stopping timewasting, perceived or real. Eight minutes in either half yesterday was just nonsense.

If I were him I’d be annoyed at McBurnie being sent off for something a big club’s player is allowed to do a dozen times a game.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:17 - Sep 17 with 2880 viewsHamptonR

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:07 - Sep 17 by Watford_Ranger

As much as it’s annoying mostly for catching trains home it’s just not being consistently applied and isn’t stopping timewasting, perceived or real. Eight minutes in either half yesterday was just nonsense.

If I were him I’d be annoyed at McBurnie being sent off for something a big club’s player is allowed to do a dozen times a game.

My opinion is that once again the refs or the governing body or whoever.
Have bottled tackling the problem, which is time wasting, gamesmanship or whatever it is called.
Rather than deal with the problem, by clamping down and punishing it, they are adding on a stupid amount of time and hoping the players decide to stop doing it, which they wont.
A team wining by one goal or drawing away from home will gamble that they can hold out or on for however long is added.
If they were playing with 10 men or less, they would want the game to end as soon as.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:26 - Sep 17 with 2858 viewsNorthernr

It's all of this "in game management" from people like Heckingbottom that have got us into this situation in the first place.

Though I do agree with the post above - the rules already existed to book players for stoppage time, the referees just never applied them.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:31 - Sep 17 with 2832 viewsstevec

I think we were talking about clocking games approvingly some months back so I’m a bit baffled about the criticism coming refs way.

As the season progresses I suspect clubs will realise that knackered players is not worth the trouble and reign in the time wasting, or at least to a more acceptable level.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:39 - Sep 17 with 2824 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lost in the thread was the fact there was no way Spurs should have won that game IMO.I know the SU keeper played a brilliant game ( and got recially abused of course by gutless kunts ) but they might have drew it not lost.
Maybe there is something to the Ange magic after all. Losing Harry should have been a death blow but they are flying and this snatch and grab win will really help .Madison is some pick up .
Sheffield United are not surviving this season ans Sheffield Wednesday are not surviving in the Championship either I think
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:41 - Sep 17 with 2822 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:31 - Sep 17 by stevec

I think we were talking about clocking games approvingly some months back so I’m a bit baffled about the criticism coming refs way.

As the season progresses I suspect clubs will realise that knackered players is not worth the trouble and reign in the time wasting, or at least to a more acceptable level.

We did, and I still think what they do in Rugby far better than sticking time on that you think is fair.

If not, then stick a rocket up these so called refs for not clamping down on flagrant breaches of the rules.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:46 - Sep 17 with 2798 viewsHayesender

Checking the scores during the game yesterday, the West Ham Man City game was in the 71st minute.

Looked at our scoreboard, and we were only in the 62nd minute. Yes we'd had a sending off, but no one had been injured or anything drastic

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 15:02 - Sep 17 with 2757 viewsloftboy

Loftgirl down voting my posts again, they usually do it to Digswell, I take it because I didn’t notice the fat thumbed spelling mistake before I submitted.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 15:27 - Sep 17 with 2698 viewsHayesender

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 15:02 - Sep 17 by loftboy

Loftgirl down voting my posts again, they usually do it to Digswell, I take it because I didn’t notice the fat thumbed spelling mistake before I submitted.

There ya go, evened it out

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 16:26 - Sep 17 with 2598 viewsStanisgod

Glad someones had the gonads to speak out, guys spot on. The refs have gone power crazy, give them a new rule or a tweak and they're heads explode and they go totally over the top. They have no right to tell you how to play. Guy yesterday telling Bergovic to hurry after 15 minutes, really. Concentrate on doing the basics then try the rest after. Like giving a free kick or two for 3 pushes in the back on Armstrong first half, or the pen they should have had.
As Norf said the rule was there for time wasting, I dont want to be coming out of the ground at 5.15 thanks.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 20:32 - Sep 17 with 2432 viewsNewBee

Let me start by saying that I think this new directive to refs to extend games in order to mitigate time wasting is pretty damned stupid - existing rules, properly applied, should be adequate.

But I happened to be at the Spurs/Sheff U game and these are my thoughts.

First, the ref got the timing wrong. For in the first half he only added 3 minutes when it should have been 6 (at least), since the physios were on the pitch a couple of times for extended intervals. When he then added 12 minutes for the second half, I thought this excessive, though not by much.

Second, Sheff U have no-one to blame but themselves, since their time-wasting was the worst I've ever seen, rivalled only by gk Brice Samba in a 1-0 win for Forest at Brentford. Worst of all was gk Foderingham, whose time-wasting was truly shocking. In one instance, as he was about to take a goal kick, he pulled off both gloves before going to ground to summon treatment for some mystery problem (strain? cramp? witch's curse?). Meaning that after he was cured, he took at least another minute to replace the gloves before resuming, in a performance that OJ Simpson would have been proud of.
His teammates were little better, with at least two going down with "cramp" after they went 1-0 up. (Curiously, they were all running around like dervishes in the six minutes remaining after Spurs turned it round to to 2-1.)

Third, Paul Heckingbottom should be renamed Heckingarse. Blaming the ref for "interfering" with his play-it-out-from-the-back tactics is garbage. I mean, he had no problem with Spurs employing exactly the same tactic. Besides which, when a team employs a talentless lump like McBurnie up front, they can hardly pretend to be graduates of the Johann Cruyff School of Total Football, can they? And speaking of said lump,. for Heckingarse to try to defend his sending off for "doing nothing" was laughable. Having been booked in the first half - one of three or four more times he might have been booked, he finally got his second card in the 111th minute for wrestling an opponent to the ground - quite the most blatant card you'll ever see, as witnessed on MOTD.

Though I don't know why I'm getting wound up by all this, since on yesterday's evidence, Heckarse will be sacked before Xmas, not long before Sheff U's relegation is confirmed.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 20:46 - Sep 17 with 2393 viewsNewBee

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:39 - Sep 17 by CLAREMAN1995

Lost in the thread was the fact there was no way Spurs should have won that game IMO.I know the SU keeper played a brilliant game ( and got recially abused of course by gutless kunts ) but they might have drew it not lost.
Maybe there is something to the Ange magic after all. Losing Harry should have been a death blow but they are flying and this snatch and grab win will really help .Madison is some pick up .
Sheffield United are not surviving this season ans Sheffield Wednesday are not surviving in the Championship either I think

"Lost in the thread was the fact there was no way Spurs should have won that game IMO"

The stats:
Possession - 70% to 30%;
Shots - 28 to 7;
Shots on Target - 10 to 5;
Corners - 15 -2 ;
xG - 1.8 to 0.6

As for losing Kane, I know Spurs' results have been good so far, and Son got a hattrick vs Burnley, but there is no way he can play in the middle of a front three (yesterday between Kuluseski and Solomon, both very good btw). Spurs better hope that Richarlison regains his mojo, otherwise better sides will do what Sheff U attempted y'day and defend very narrow, allowing Spurs' wide players to go wide, safe in the knowledge that when the cross arrives into the box (a favoured tactic of Postecoglu), Son will get eaten alive by a couple of big defenders.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 09:48 - Sep 18 with 2182 viewsterryb

I thought that 8 minutes added in both halves for us was excessive on Saturday & due to the referee not being in control & the "drinks break" (why?)!

The only time to add on in the first half was for the sending off, two goals & the drinks break. We couldn't have wasted much time as the ball was in play & Sunderland had continual possession!

Admittedly, in the second half there were substitutions (which took forever) to add to the goals & break, but not once did Sunderland try to run down the clock.

I also find it very annoying that we didn't kick off till 3.05pm. Get the players on the pitch earlier so that the minutes silence & the pre kick off routines are finished before 3.00pm!

I wasn't happy that wiith his time keeping & trains only leaving White City & Wood Lane sporadically, it was 6.00pm before I reached Liverpool Street to catch the 6.02pm. While I was on the platform at Wood Lane, six trains went in the direction of Hammersmith before one arrived in our direction!
What do they do with the trains at Hammersmith?

Pissed off with Rangers, the time keeping & TFL! Hopefully it will be better tomorrow!
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 09:54 - Sep 18 with 2142 viewsdaveB

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 09:48 - Sep 18 by terryb

I thought that 8 minutes added in both halves for us was excessive on Saturday & due to the referee not being in control & the "drinks break" (why?)!

The only time to add on in the first half was for the sending off, two goals & the drinks break. We couldn't have wasted much time as the ball was in play & Sunderland had continual possession!

Admittedly, in the second half there were substitutions (which took forever) to add to the goals & break, but not once did Sunderland try to run down the clock.

I also find it very annoying that we didn't kick off till 3.05pm. Get the players on the pitch earlier so that the minutes silence & the pre kick off routines are finished before 3.00pm!

I wasn't happy that wiith his time keeping & trains only leaving White City & Wood Lane sporadically, it was 6.00pm before I reached Liverpool Street to catch the 6.02pm. While I was on the platform at Wood Lane, six trains went in the direction of Hammersmith before one arrived in our direction!

Pissed off with Rangers, the time keeping & TFL! Hopefully it will be better tomorrow!

We also had 2 minutes for a Sunderland injury and the game stopped for the linesmen needing a new headset so 8 minutes was about right

Agree with you on the kick off tine, not sure what that was all about
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:07 - Sep 18 with 2106 viewsSydneyRs

Time clock as used in Rugby league would end this. Nobody wants to do it.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:31 - Sep 18 with 2060 viewsterryb

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 09:54 - Sep 18 by daveB

We also had 2 minutes for a Sunderland injury and the game stopped for the linesmen needing a new headset so 8 minutes was about right

I can't remember the Sunderland injury or new headset Dave!

Is this why the players had an unofficial drinks break in the second half & a Sunderland sub took a very long time?
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:38 - Sep 18 with 2049 viewsstowmarketrange

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 09:48 - Sep 18 by terryb

I booked the 23.30 train home tomorrow night as there is little chance of getting the 22.30 any more.But the 8 minutes in the 2nd half was shortened to 7 minutes playing time due to the talking to Dozzell and their player on 97 minutes.But I think he could’ve added another 20 minutes and we wouldn’t have troubled their keeper as we hadn’t done it in the previous 53.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:47 - Sep 18 with 2023 viewsQPROslo

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 09:54 - Sep 18 by daveB

Yes I thought the 8 minutes was about right both halves. Almost the only thing the Officials got right.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:48 - Sep 18 with 2022 viewsenfieldargh

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:31 - Sep 18 by terryb

Is this why the players had an unofficial drinks break in the second half & a Sunderland sub took a very long time?

Their mahoosive midfielder went down needed treatment tried to carry on then got subbed. that would have been 2 mins plus the lino had a problem twice with his coms, the second time resulted with a BT engineer being summoned.

Re subs being permitted to amble across to the dugouts. Is it for players safety due to LR being so tight to the pitch or has this directive just been added to the added time/ignored/forgotten about?

My thoughts exactly on H & C line

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:49 - Sep 18 with 2021 viewsKonk

Speaking with Tottenham supporting family who were at the game on Saturday, they reckon it was the worse time-wasting they’ve ever seen and also the most they’ve enjoyed beating a team they don’t give a sh it about, when there was nothing at stake. Looked like proper celebrations when the winner went in. Hopefully the penny will drop that there’s little point in time wasting.

Heckingbottom’s complaints about his keeper having to take an age to take kicks because Tottenham were pressing, so he couldn’t play it out short, and that ref’s don’t understand that, was embarrassing.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:52 - Sep 18 with 2010 viewsdaveB

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:31 - Sep 18 by terryb

Sunderland had a player go off at 1-0, he was down for a while. The headset thing was first half, Kakay was taking a throw in and ref seemed to be telling him to hurry up but told him to stop and we waited a minute of so for the lino to sort himself out

i did find the 2nd half drinks break mad as it was just after a long delay for both teams to make subs which would have been a sensible time to stop the game
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 11:41 - Sep 18 with 1951 viewsozexile

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:49 - Sep 18 by Konk

Speaking with Tottenham supporting family who were at the game on Saturday, they reckon it was the worse time-wasting they’ve ever seen and also the most they’ve enjoyed beating a team they don’t give a sh it about, when there was nothing at stake. Looked like proper celebrations when the winner went in. Hopefully the penny will drop that there’s little point in time wasting.

Heckingbottom’s complaints about his keeper having to take an age to take kicks because Tottenham were pressing, so he couldn’t play it out short, and that ref’s don’t understand that, was embarrassing.

Yeah that was embarrassing.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 15:43 - Sep 18 with 1767 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 14:46 - Sep 17 by Hayesender

Checking the scores during the game yesterday, the West Ham Man City game was in the 71st minute.

Looked at our scoreboard, and we were only in the 62nd minute. Yes we'd had a sending off, but no one had been injured or anything drastic

I’m just shit stirring 😆
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 15:45 - Sep 18 with 1753 viewsNorthernr

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 10:49 - Sep 18 by Konk

Yeh, treating people like idiots. If Sheff Utd are 2-1 down instead of 1-0 up they're doing that with their goal kicks are they? No chance.
Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 17:57 - Sep 18 with 1610 viewsfrancisbowles

Non QPR Sheffield United manager on 16:26 - Sep 17 by Stanisgod

Glad someones had the gonads to speak out, guys spot on. The refs have gone power crazy, give them a new rule or a tweak and they're heads explode and they go totally over the top. They have no right to tell you how to play. Guy yesterday telling Bergovic to hurry after 15 minutes, really. Concentrate on doing the basics then try the rest after. Like giving a free kick or two for 3 pushes in the back on Armstrong first half, or the pen they should have had.
As Norf said the rule was there for time wasting, I dont want to be coming out of the ground at 5.15 thanks.

I agree that the ref has no right to tell a player to hurry when going to collect a ball from outside the pitch. The player is entitled to save his energy for the game. The laws, rather stupidly, also allow the keeper to take the ball the the other side before a goal kick.

If they want to clamp down on keepers, how about they do it when they have the ball in the hands, for considerably longer than they are allowed to under, the correct application of, the laws of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024