Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? 17:18 - Sep 18 with 1632 viewsQPunkR

Just seen that Ángel Rangel is to be inducted into the Forever Rs. Am I missing something? I loved his endeavour for us but he played only 40 times in the Hoops!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/september/18/angel-rangel-to-be-inducted-into-fo

QPR - "shit but local"

Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 17:27 - Sep 18 with 1569 viewsQPRConor2000

Always done well for us and deserves to be inducted.
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 17:30 - Sep 18 with 1551 viewsslmrstid

Another one who did a lot of community work too I believe, which is part of what gets taken into consideration and is why Peter Ramage is in among others.
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 17:40 - Sep 18 with 1522 viewsfrancisbowles

It's not only about how many times he played or even how good he was. It's mainly about his contribution to the club both off the pitch as well as on.

He was a leader as a professional and a servant to the community.
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 17:50 - Sep 18 with 1492 viewsNW5Hoop

Got the injury that ended his career playing for us when most of his team-mates weren't bothering playing, and one was refusing to play lest he get injured and risk a move. I'd say it's the least we can do for him.
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:02 - Sep 18 with 1432 viewsterryb

Every player who has played for us should be inducted into Forever R's.

The Ipswich Town ex player association (their equivalent) includes everyone who signed as a professional, whether they made a first team appearance or not. This is what we should be doing!
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:10 - Sep 18 with 1395 viewsfrancisbowles

Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:02 - Sep 18 by terryb

Every player who has played for us should be inducted into Forever R's.

The Ipswich Town ex player association (their equivalent) includes everyone who signed as a professional, whether they made a first team appearance or not. This is what we should be doing!

I can see that as a good thing Terry but on the other hand it would devalue what is currently seen as a bit of an honour and would you really want Bosingwa or some of the others in it?
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:20 - Sep 18 with 1356 viewsterryb

Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:10 - Sep 18 by francisbowles

I can see that as a good thing Terry but on the other hand it would devalue what is currently seen as a bit of an honour and would you really want Bosingwa or some of the others in it?

It doesn't really matter whether I would like them to be in the "club" FB, it should be their right. Why shouldn't someone who has been with the club for years (youth player who has not made the first team) be entitled to whatever benefits are available? In fact, they probably need these more than our stars do.

I can't imagine people like Bosingwa accepting & I wouldn't expect loan players to be invited.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 18:22]
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:29 - Sep 18 with 1305 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very pleased for him for all the reasons listed above. A superb example of professionalism on and off the field.

I'm not sure I'd go for the Ipswich model, though, Terry. I think it should be invite-only.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:47 - Sep 18 with 1265 viewsdaveB

It's doesn't matter if you played once or 300 times for QPR, the Forever R's is open to every player and manager who have represented us. It's basically a thank you to an ex player and a chance for them to come back and be shown they were appreciated.

The chances of players like Bosingwa being inducted are very small to none, the committee who helps to pick the players is made up of fans and then it's left to likes of Andy Sinton, Ian Gillard, Paul Morrissey etc to arrange things
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 18:49]
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 19:15 - Sep 18 with 1200 viewsbosh67

Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 18:47 - Sep 18 by daveB

It's doesn't matter if you played once or 300 times for QPR, the Forever R's is open to every player and manager who have represented us. It's basically a thank you to an ex player and a chance for them to come back and be shown they were appreciated.

The chances of players like Bosingwa being inducted are very small to none, the committee who helps to pick the players is made up of fans and then it's left to likes of Andy Sinton, Ian Gillard, Paul Morrissey etc to arrange things
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 18:49]

Has he done his coaching badges? If so, then he’d be an excellent addition to the coaching staff. He’s also potential future manager material.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 20:16 - Sep 18 with 1070 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Till the day I depart this Earth I will never understand the negativity towards ForeverRs and the inductees.

Everybody wins. Club. Player. Fans.

The soulless boutique club years are not long ago. Being nice to ex players builds networks, creates good will generally where before there was none, and sets us aside from the soulless corporate world of football in that circus above.

Best of all, it’s free.
Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 1036 viewsHooping_Mad

If he's been invited after 40 appearances, he's probably earned it with them.

Always liked him.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Angle Wrangle - Forever Rs? on 20:43 - Sep 18 with 982 viewsstevec

It’s frustrating that they stand right in front of the South Africa Road stand yet you can’t hear a single word they say.

Been like that for years and no one does anything to rectify the issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024