Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He said he’s changed, mum – Report 20:27 - Dec 30 with 3729 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61593
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 22:26 - Dec 30 with 3243 viewsTheChef

Top report Clive.

Fully expecting them to phone it in Monday and fail to beat Cardiff.

Unless Marti has discovered that Dykes has been a ball playing ten all along.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 22:57 - Dec 30 with 3117 viewsderbyhoop

The difference in MB attitudes between Millwal and Ipswich is so reflective of this team.
Post Millwall there's pages of threads and the general conclusion is we're doomed.
Post Ipswich, there's hardly a comment.

We should recognise that this is not a good team, whoever gets picked, but the reaction to the former was OTT.
It's going to be a struggle, for most of the reasons we can agree on. But with 21 games to go, including home games against the bottom half we gave a chance.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 23:53 - Dec 30 with 2985 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Eastenders Sharon's vagina...Martin Allen.....Dykes on the bench and ironing board covers from Argos.....everything....all the best things you want in a match report.......yes! Thank you as always...Happy New year
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 23:54 - Dec 30 with 2979 viewsCopenhagenRs

This new and very telling name for the one and only2023/24 championship London derby really made me laughing out loud : "El Crapico" :-)
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 23:56]
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 00:19 - Dec 31 with 2845 viewsstainrods_elbow

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 22:57 - Dec 30 by derbyhoop

The difference in MB attitudes between Millwal and Ipswich is so reflective of this team.
Post Millwall there's pages of threads and the general conclusion is we're doomed.

We should recognise that this is not a good team, whoever gets picked, but the reaction to the former was OTT.
It's going to be a struggle, for most of the reasons we can agree on. But with 21 games to go, including home games against the bottom half we gave a chance.

This! Some people here need some perspective and calm. Millwall wasn't as bad as some said, and Ipswich wasn't 'the answer'. We have a chance, but need to be more consistent and coherent, clearly.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 02:43 - Dec 31 with 2687 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Brilliant work and to your credit have warned us lots of time about that person moonlighting as a ref Webb the clown.
We are so frustrating to watch but never get any breaks from Refs except once or twice this year.
Not sure about Smyth but the second one was a certain penalty and even cool calm Marti admitted we got screwed in his nice way.
My anger went away quickly when I read about Ben Moore who was taken in a year and probably suffered a lot RIP then saw the thread about the person who died at the game also RIP
Hope everybody has a happy and safe New Year
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 05:10 - Dec 31 with 2622 viewsFDC

We have an uncanny, unbearably frustrating ability to raise and drop our level to just shy of whoever we’re playing against

Nailed it
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 08:42 - Dec 31 with 2381 viewsNorthantsHoop

Frustrating, we play pretty well against the decent teams but fail against the lesser teams in the division. To be honest got no idea how this season will turn out suspect it will be down to winning more games at home. Still forecast our fom on a 3 game basis of needing a minimum of 4 points out of every 9 to get over the line.
Login to get fewer ads

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 12:21 - Dec 31 with 1870 viewsQPROslo

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 22:57 - Dec 30 by derbyhoop

Despite my down vote which was intended as an up vote I agree..Our performances do and will vary over the season because it is long; it has many 3 game weeks then International breaks, and we have a thin squad with veterans and injury prone players so arguably we suffer more than some Clubs do, due to injuries and the need to rotate to keep players fresh and fit; players and managers have good days and bad days. Even in the Warnock promotion season we went to a struggling Scunthorpe midweek and lost 4-0. I don't think these performance swings are so unusual. I'm no psychologist and watch from afar so I have no idea if our team is mentally weak or not, but I can understand after our poor performances the last year, and the change of style that did not suit many players under GA, that many of them lack confidence. I think and hope Marti is working to improve this and despite SW and Millwall, there have been games Ipswich away being one where we look to be going the right direction. The Cardiff game tomorrow with us badly in need of 3 points and potentially with some of our better players missing, will be a tough ask.
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 12:56 - Dec 31 with 1798 viewsLblock

“sweating like Fred West on Time Team”

I’m nicking that and using it

Superb as usual

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 13:01 - Dec 31 with 1784 viewsHunterhoop

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 12:21 - Dec 31 by QPROslo

Despite my down vote which was intended as an up vote I agree..Our performances do and will vary over the season because it is long; it has many 3 game weeks then International breaks, and we have a thin squad with veterans and injury prone players so arguably we suffer more than some Clubs do, due to injuries and the need to rotate to keep players fresh and fit; players and managers have good days and bad days. Even in the Warnock promotion season we went to a struggling Scunthorpe midweek and lost 4-0. I don't think these performance swings are so unusual. I'm no psychologist and watch from afar so I have no idea if our team is mentally weak or not, but I can understand after our poor performances the last year, and the change of style that did not suit many players under GA, that many of them lack confidence. I think and hope Marti is working to improve this and despite SW and Millwall, there have been games Ipswich away being one where we look to be going the right direction. The Cardiff game tomorrow with us badly in need of 3 points and potentially with some of our better players missing, will be a tough ask.

The mentality issue began a long tim before Ainsworth at the club. Late Jan 2022 onwards we have been awful, with huge variations in performance and effort level from a similar group of players.

Coincidentally the same timeframe the board/owners have given the keys to the manager and backed them over the DoF.

It’s clear Ainsworth did not help matters at all, but he’s very far from the cause.

There are obviously multiple factors at play, but I can’t help but see the correlation between the Andre Gray incident around Christmas 2021 and are subsequent attitude/dressing room getting in the bin, and wonder if there is some causation there…
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 13:08 - Dec 31 with 1757 viewskensalriser

What was the Andre Gray incident?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 13:50 - Dec 31 with 1668 viewsParkRoyalR

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 13:08 - Dec 31 by kensalriser

What was the Andre Gray incident?

Was'nt it to do with being unavailable to play in Cardiff due to not being jabbed around the same time he made himself (and his family) available for Jamaica's home friendly over that Christmas New Year period?

Around the same time Charlie Austin de-canted to the Ellerslie Road Stand for maybe 10+minutes before returning to the Subs Bench during another Cup defeat against lower league opposition before heading off to The Princess Victoria for a post-match beer.

Terrible example by two senior players and Warburton not commenting was so telling, as knew he was low on options, low on funds and the Academy players were nowhere near required standard, so had to work around them both rather than chasing them down the road.

Arguably the players and not the managers and club have had the upper hand since.
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 15:10 - Dec 31 with 1477 viewsQPROslo

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 13:01 - Dec 31 by Hunterhoop

The mentality issue began a long tim before Ainsworth at the club. Late Jan 2022 onwards we have been awful, with huge variations in performance and effort level from a similar group of players.

Coincidentally the same timeframe the board/owners have given the keys to the manager and backed them over the DoF.

It’s clear Ainsworth did not help matters at all, but he’s very far from the cause.

There are obviously multiple factors at play, but I can’t help but see the correlation between the Andre Gray incident around Christmas 2021 and are subsequent attitude/dressing room getting in the bin, and wonder if there is some causation there…

I don't think Gareth caused our downturn , he did keep us up. But the radical change in style from what best suited most of our players didn't help. I'm not convinced our downturn goes back as far as late 2021. We had big injury problems in the 2nd half of the 21/22 season, then with Willock seemingly fit again and scoring great goals we were top of the League October 2022 under Beale. Then Beale left, Willock was out again and after a few games with Critchley performances went significantly downhill. With Willock fit and scoring we have always seemed to do a lot better. Here's to hoping he is back fit and in form early in the New Year if not tomorrow!
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 15:23 - Dec 31 with 1440 viewsnumptydumpty

So you not the greatest fan of the ref then Clive ??? 🤔

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 16:23 - Dec 31 with 1305 viewsBurnleyhoop

He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 05:10 - Dec 31 by FDC

We have an uncanny, unbearably frustrating ability to raise and drop our level to just shy of whoever we’re playing against

Nailed it

If we maintain that bizarre level of performance, then we simply won’t put enough points on the board to save us from relegation.

Unless Cifuentes can find the root cause of our innate inability to find and maintain a level of performance that is of sufficient quality and consistency to beat the “weaker” teams, we are in big trouble.

In truth, more often than not, our level of performance is directly proportional to which players are fit and available to play and it seems that yet again we will be missing a number of key players in a game at home in which we really need to be picking up 3 points.

There is just no way of knowing what sort of performance to expect tomorrow, as being consistently inconsistent is the QPR way. As usual, hopeful but not confident.
He said he’s changed, mum – Report on 17:13 - Dec 31 with 1209 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Funny, accurate and articulate.

Thanks man, and well done.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024