Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... 21:25 - Jan 15 with 3682 viewsG_Ottershaw

what is your prediction for the number of points needed for 4th place ? would be interesting to see just how many wins we really need.
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 21:26 - Jan 15 with 3368 viewsloftboy

I predict that one more than 3rd from bottom should do it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:17 - Jan 15 with 3202 viewsdmm

As mentioned in another thread, the average number of points over the past 12 seasons to achieve 21st place in the table is 47. We currently have 21 points and 19 games left to play.
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:33 - Jan 15 with 3169 viewsBluce_Ree

Pain.
[Post edited 15 Jan 22:34]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:37 - Jan 15 with 3151 viewsG_Ottershaw

...well come the last game of the season, i hope they're making plans for each and every member of the squad to line up and make a public apology to the fans
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:47 - Jan 15 with 3112 viewsjoolsyp

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:17 - Jan 15 by dmm

As mentioned in another thread, the average number of points over the past 12 seasons to achieve 21st place in the table is 47. We currently have 21 points and 19 games left to play.

I'll go for 48 to stay up on goal difference. So 27 more points needed - 8 wins and 3 draws from 19 games.

Walk in the park.
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:50 - Jan 15 with 3097 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:33 - Jan 15 by Bluce_Ree

Pain.
[Post edited 15 Jan 22:34]

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:54 - Jan 15 with 3085 viewsaston_hoop

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:50 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Warburton is coming back?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 23:13 - Jan 15 with 3026 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:54 - Jan 15 by aston_hoop

Warburton is coming back?

I knew my sophisticated high brow humour was wasted here.
Login to get fewer ads

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 23:20 - Jan 15 with 3005 viewsaston_hoop

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 23:13 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I knew my sophisticated high brow humour was wasted here.

désolé

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 09:45 - Jan 16 with 2750 viewsTheChef

Quelle dommage.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 10:01 - Jan 16 with 2713 viewsngbqpr

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 09:45 - Jan 16 by TheChef

Quelle dommage.

On this board, surely quelle fromage

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 10:22 - Jan 16 with 2642 viewsessextaxiboy

We have to beat Millwall , Huddersfield, Rotheram , Birmingham and Sheff Wed at home as a base to work from .
Then try and grab another 12 points from there . after beating them though we should only have to match their results to stay above them ...I think ?

Anyway IMO they are must wins
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 11:13 - Jan 16 with 2596 viewsngbqpr

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 10:22 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

We have to beat Millwall , Huddersfield, Rotheram , Birmingham and Sheff Wed at home as a base to work from .
Then try and grab another 12 points from there . after beating them though we should only have to match their results to stay above them ...I think ?

Anyway IMO they are must wins

Agree with that...but can't see it happening sadly - so easy to see those crucial home games petering out into frustrating 1-1s full of what ifs...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 14:14 - Jan 16 with 2442 viewsTheChef

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 11:13 - Jan 16 by ngbqpr

Agree with that...but can't see it happening sadly - so easy to see those crucial home games petering out into frustrating 1-1s full of what ifs...

"Frustrating 1-1s"???

You wish!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 23:38 - Jan 16 with 2295 viewsLazyFan

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 22:47 - Jan 15 by joolsyp

I'll go for 48 to stay up on goal difference. So 27 more points needed - 8 wins and 3 draws from 19 games.

Walk in the park.

Looks right to me, unless we go on a Holloway/Gregory run of win it ain't gonna happen.

We are down!

zzzzzzzzzz

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 07:25 - Jan 17 with 2210 viewsdaveB

the whole picture can look very different very quickly, the next 3 games are very big for us, all winnable and all against sides in the bottom half, lose them and we're looking at snookers, 7 points from them and we are in with a fighting chance
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 09:00 - Jan 17 with 2118 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I saw some Championship predictor thing the other day that had us 4th bottom, a point above Huddersfield and I am pretty sure it was on 38 points. Clearly, it is just an estimate but unless one of the bottom 4 starts winning a good few games it could well be a more accurate target than 48 (hopefully!)
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 09:07 - Jan 17 with 2114 viewsLblock

Rotherham traditionally come strong at the end.

Chef Weds new man is bedded in and whispers of them making signings

Hudds making moves in the window

We'll be plum last.
4th bottom is a pipe dream

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 09:33 - Jan 17 with 2086 viewsPhilmyRs

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 07:25 - Jan 17 by daveB

the whole picture can look very different very quickly, the next 3 games are very big for us, all winnable and all against sides in the bottom half, lose them and we're looking at snookers, 7 points from them and we are in with a fighting chance

This.

The next game is massive and think any predictions/thoughts on how it will go should wait for that. If we do get a win, good chance it sets us up for the following weekend and a potential win to get out the bottom 3, which must do wonders for morale. We've pretty much been planted in the bottom 3 for the whole season, so getting out of that I think will have a huge impact on us and a bit of a weight lifted from us. Lose on Saturday and even Huddersfield are starting to pull away and I can't see how we'd claw our way back.
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 07:12 - Jan 18 with 1835 viewsnumptydumpty

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 09:33 - Jan 17 by PhilmyRs

This.

The next game is massive and think any predictions/thoughts on how it will go should wait for that. If we do get a win, good chance it sets us up for the following weekend and a potential win to get out the bottom 3, which must do wonders for morale. We've pretty much been planted in the bottom 3 for the whole season, so getting out of that I think will have a huge impact on us and a bit of a weight lifted from us. Lose on Saturday and even Huddersfield are starting to pull away and I can't see how we'd claw our way back.

It will be much lower than normal.

Think 39 points required for fourth bottom.

If we don't have any injuries to key players ie Chair Cook Field we have a chance

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 14:47 - Jan 18 with 1695 viewsconnell10

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 21:26 - Jan 15 by loftboy

I predict that one more than 3rd from bottom should do it.

We're f ucked!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 15:03 - Jan 18 with 1686 viewsHunterhoop

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 07:12 - Jan 18 by numptydumpty

It will be much lower than normal.

Think 39 points required for fourth bottom.

If we don't have any injuries to key players ie Chair Cook Field we have a chance

In what world will we survive on 39 points?! Huddersfield are on 26 from 27, which is a full season run rate of 44 points. So, crudely that is 45 to survive. But that assumes Wednesday won’t go past them, which their current form is tracking like they will easily!

Birmingham need a point a game to finish on 48, everyone else fewer, which is worse than they’ve been to date, yet they can’t be as bad as they were under Potato Head.

Wednesday might finish on between 45-48 (possibly/probably higher).

My bet is 48/49 will be safety. Even assuming 48, that means we need 27 from 19. That is form equivalent to 65 points over a full season, or 10th-12th to put it bluntly.

We need 7 points from our next 3 games…and within that we must beat Huddersfield.

Fail on those two counts and we’re done for, IMO. March is a brutal month fixtures wise.
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 15:04 - Jan 18 with 1686 viewsQPRConor2000

Its still doable, these next two games are huge in the context of the season.
if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 15:14 - Jan 18 with 1648 viewskensalriser

PPG get increasingly irrelevant as the games left to play decline. If we needed 3 points in the last game no one would be saying that's impossible because we've only averaged a point a game up to now.

The critical target is currently +5 points.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 16:43 - Jan 18 with 1595 viewsHunterhoop

if the current goal is 4th from bottom... on 15:14 - Jan 18 by kensalriser

PPG get increasingly irrelevant as the games left to play decline. If we needed 3 points in the last game no one would be saying that's impossible because we've only averaged a point a game up to now.

The critical target is currently +5 points.

Yes, of course, but it’s not irrelevant now for forecasting the points total we likely need to reach to stay up.

Everyone always focuses on how far ahead or behind you are of other teams. That only matters on the last day too. And the best indicator for that months out is your forecast annual points total, based on how everyone is tracking and historic performance for the position you’re looking at, in our case 21st.

I cannot believe you’ll stay up on 39. It’ll be around the 48, mark. We should be aiming for 27 from 19. That requires some wins. Our fixture list gets harder in March, so think we need to average more now through Feb to get ahead of the PPG target.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024