Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stuttering run up for penalties 11:50 - Jun 30 with 10778 viewswillis1980

are supposed to be illegal so why hasnt it been enforced by the referees, i find it creates an unfair advantage to the penalty taker (neymar in particular). you could see the referees telling the goalkeepers to stay on their line etc but nothing was mentioned to those taking pens.
stuttering run up for penalties on 12:01 - Jun 30 with 9585 viewsheadhoops

thought the same willis - neymar of course has carte blanche to do whatever he likes.

mind you you could tie the opposition goalkeeper to one post and England would still contrive to lose a penalty shoot out.

will just be another thing that FIFA gets wrong.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:06 - Jun 30 with 9568 viewsQPR_John

I'm sure the rules were change some time ago to allow the penalty taker to do this.
stuttering run up for penalties on 12:08 - Jun 30 with 9564 viewswillis1980

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:06 - Jun 30 by QPR_John

I'm sure the rules were change some time ago to allow the penalty taker to do this.

just said on the radio it is no longer allowed
stuttering run up for penalties on 12:10 - Jun 30 with 9551 viewspaulparker

The keeper has a better chance of psyching out Neymer if just stands there makes himself big and doesn't move

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:13 - Jun 30 with 9534 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just found this...

Law 14:

Procedure
Feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted as part of football. However, feinting to kick the ball once the player has completed his run-up is considered an infringement of Law 14 and an act of unsporting behaviour for which the player must be cautioned.

If the stop is at the beginning of the run, no problem. If the stop is when the kicker reaches the ball, that is the infringement outlined above, as would running past the ball, backing up and kicking it after the keeper has already jumped. Both are unsporting behavior for which the player is cautioned.

Bare bones.

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:19 - Jun 30 with 9516 viewsPinnerPaul

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:13 - Jun 30 by Antti_Heinola

Just found this...

Law 14:

Procedure
Feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted as part of football. However, feinting to kick the ball once the player has completed his run-up is considered an infringement of Law 14 and an act of unsporting behaviour for which the player must be cautioned.

If the stop is at the beginning of the run, no problem. If the stop is when the kicker reaches the ball, that is the infringement outlined above, as would running past the ball, backing up and kicking it after the keeper has already jumped. Both are unsporting behavior for which the player is cautioned.

Well done Anti nice for someone to actually consult the laws - would be nice if more TV talent/Journalists/fans did the same!

Not altogether clear, even to me as a referee, is it?

Where does the run up start/stop?!

I read that as once you reach the ball, ie in kicking distance, then you can't take a swing at it for example then kick it, but "feinting" in the run up, as demonstrated in the WC so far is OK.
stuttering run up for penalties on 12:23 - Jun 30 with 9506 viewssimmo

I don't get this, you should be allowed to do whatever the fck you want in a shootout. It's your penalty, if you want to cartwheel up to the thing and karate kick it towards the goal, that should be your choice. If you think you have the ability to take a full run up, feint the shot and then take a standing hit of the ball, that's up to you.

The only thing I would enforce is that you have to take the shot once you commit to a run up, no faking then walking back for another go, if you fck your kick, tough.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:25 - Jun 30 with 9504 viewsPommyhoop

Just found this...

Law 14:

Procedure

Like Pires' effort.

Some gooduns here too. (Pires number 3.)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:33 - Jun 30 with 9479 viewspaulparker

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:25 - Jun 30 by Pommyhoop

Like Pires' effort.

Some gooduns here too. (Pires number 3.)

LOL , loving number 4, the Lancaster player who looks like his had about 10 pints of stella , then pretends he is injured after, quality

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:37 - Jun 30 with 9459 viewsAntti_Heinola

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:19 - Jun 30 by PinnerPaul

Well done Anti nice for someone to actually consult the laws - would be nice if more TV talent/Journalists/fans did the same!

Not altogether clear, even to me as a referee, is it?

Where does the run up start/stop?!

I read that as once you reach the ball, ie in kicking distance, then you can't take a swing at it for example then kick it, but "feinting" in the run up, as demonstrated in the WC so far is OK.

that's my understanding too Paul. I think the rules are a bit grey overall, but I don't see why a stutter in the run up is wrong. After all, it's to try and make the goalie commit before he's legally allowed to isn't it?

Bare bones.

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:38 - Jun 30 with 9456 viewsPommyhoop

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:33 - Jun 30 by paulparker

LOL , loving number 4, the Lancaster player who looks like his had about 10 pints of stella , then pretends he is injured after, quality

Number 6..Far Eastern betting syndicate??

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:40 - Jun 30 with 9449 viewsBrianMcCarthy

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:23 - Jun 30 by simmo

I don't get this, you should be allowed to do whatever the fck you want in a shootout. It's your penalty, if you want to cartwheel up to the thing and karate kick it towards the goal, that should be your choice. If you think you have the ability to take a full run up, feint the shot and then take a standing hit of the ball, that's up to you.

The only thing I would enforce is that you have to take the shot once you commit to a run up, no faking then walking back for another go, if you fck your kick, tough.

Whether something constitutes unsporting behaviour or not is easily answered by the following question - would the older lads box the head off you if you tried it in the shool yard?

Anything other than a normal run up and shot got a lad a box in the head in the Tech School lunchtime game. So it is therefore unsporting. And shouldn't be allowed in the World Cup.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:40 - Jun 30 with 9447 viewsEastR

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:10 - Jun 30 by paulparker

The keeper has a better chance of psyching out Neymer if just stands there makes himself big and doesn't move

yep, just like Paddy K

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:56 - Jun 30 with 9401 viewsfrancisbowles

As for the keeper, my understanding is that he is allowed to move along his line but not forward until the ball has been kicked. This seemed to be what Howard Webb was demonstrating in his pre kicks briefing on Saturday.

What a joke that is! How many times are kicks ordered to be retaken in a shoot out? I believe, Caesar was well forward for his first save and less so for the second. Not sure where he was for the final miss but technically the rule should still apply. Imagine that having to be taken again! That would be fun.
stuttering run up for penalties on 13:15 - Jun 30 with 9357 viewssimmo

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:40 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Whether something constitutes unsporting behaviour or not is easily answered by the following question - would the older lads box the head off you if you tried it in the shool yard?

Anything other than a normal run up and shot got a lad a box in the head in the Tech School lunchtime game. So it is therefore unsporting. And shouldn't be allowed in the World Cup.

Would he have got one for a penenka or something equally cheeky? The older lads always had a problem with me expressing myself, especially as I better than them ;-D

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

stuttering run up for penalties on 13:30 - Jun 30 with 9327 viewsBrianMcCarthy

stuttering run up for penalties on 13:15 - Jun 30 by simmo

Would he have got one for a penenka or something equally cheeky? The older lads always had a problem with me expressing myself, especially as I better than them ;-D

Oh, man, you get chinese burns for penenkas!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

stuttering run up for penalties on 13:34 - Jun 30 with 9315 viewswillis1980

Just found this...

Law 14:

Procedure

when was this from though, because the lot on the radio said they rules were changed for the world cup. ie the made the stuttering run up illegal for the world cup games
stuttering run up for penalties on 13:39 - Jun 30 with 9306 viewsR_from_afar

stuttering run up for penalties on 12:33 - Jun 30 by paulparker

Oh yes, spot on, number 4 is my fave, a total shocker. Mind you, I can see myself doing that if ever asked to take a pen. Thankfully, that is unlikely given that I am a dogged, no nonsense defender with all the finesse and silky skills of a coal bunker.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

stuttering run up for penalties on 13:58 - Jun 30 with 9276 viewsCamberleyR

Does anyone know if Johan Cruyff's infamous penalty when he was back playing for Ajax in the early 80s (can't post YouTube links from my phone but I think most people would know the one I mean) was made illegal?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

stuttering run up for penalties on 14:01 - Jun 30 with 9269 viewsPinnerPaul

stuttering run up for penalties on 13:34 - Jun 30 by willis1980

when was this from though, because the lot on the radio said they rules were changed for the world cup. ie the made the stuttering run up illegal for the world cup games

Don't what station you're listening to but that's complete nonsense!

There are 1 set of laws that apply to all football, not any special ones for the WC.

What they sometimes do is bring in law changes "early".

Each season starts on 1st July, so in theory law changes should start then, so what they have done in the past is allow any changes to be incorporated into the WC, but this isn't one of them as far as I am aware.
stuttering run up for penalties on 14:08 - Jun 30 with 9257 viewsterryb

stuttering run up for penalties on 13:34 - Jun 30 by willis1980

The laws of the game can only be changed by the FIFA Laws Committee & not altered for a competition, even one as important as the World Cup.

It is not unusual for people in the media not to know what the laws are. They normally get it wrong with offside & handball!

I still fail to see what would be against the laws for passing the ball forward at a penalty for a team mate to run in & shoot. You could even argue that "his shot went wrong". This is provided he was outside the box when contact was made with the ball. This is not feigning as you have played the ball & in the past has certainly been used & allowed. It always upset the other team though!

Robert Pires was far from the first to take a penalty like this, however you really need to let your team mates know of your intention!

Of course, this could not be used in a shootout as you are only allowed one kick at the ball to score.

I thought that penalties were meant to be awarded to punish a guilty party. Therefore, anything that helps a goal being the result should be encouraged.
stuttering run up for penalties on 14:12 - Jun 30 with 9248 viewsthemodfather

the staggered run up should be banned and enforced and goalies should stay on their line...cesar was at least a yard off for 2!

sods law, they implement goal line technology and have rarely needed it
the "spray" for walls is a good idea
please fifa stop the whole squad, bus driver and what not going onto the pitch for every goal, pen or incident
have WATER breaks during a natural break in play, ie injury needing treatment
and can ENGLAND have a 3 goal lead/handicap to ensure at least a chance of draw....
stuttering run up for penalties on 14:14 - Jun 30 with 9245 viewsAlvarado

Consulting the rules last night (as I did) confirmed to me that you are only allowed to take a second touch (ie bang it in on the rebound, or treat the penalty as an indirect free kick - which I have seen done before) if the ball is touched by another player after the first touch. But when taking penalties (ie at the end of a match to decide a result) banging it in on the rebound/from the goalie's save does not seem to be allowed. I couldn't find the rule to say it's not allowed but I'm sure it's not. Why isn't it allowed? Where is the rule that says it's not allowed?
stuttering run up for penalties on 14:17 - Jun 30 with 9239 viewsTheBlob

I think you're only allowed to call it Intermittent Speech Impediment Run Up these days.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

stuttering run up for penalties on 14:33 - Jun 30 with 9218 viewsAlvarado

stuttering run up for penalties on 13:58 - Jun 30 by CamberleyR

Does anyone know if Johan Cruyff's infamous penalty when he was back playing for Ajax in the early 80s (can't post YouTube links from my phone but I think most people would know the one I mean) was made illegal?

No it is not illegal, the kicker can kick the ball a second time provided it's been touched by another player (either from his team, or by the goalkeeper) after his first touch.

this means (I think) that a player cannot score if his penalty rebounds off the post or bar, though one of his team mates can.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024