Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O 08:45 - May 18 with 5019 viewsNortholt_Rs

Watching the playoff semis brought back great memories of singing my favourite ever football sing ( remember Cardiff away?)

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O
Up the football league we go
When we get promoted
This is what we'll sing
We Are Rangers! We Are Rangers!
Warnock is our King!

Followed closely by:

We're top of the league
We're top of the league
We're Queens Park Rangers!
We're top of the league!

Man what I wouldn't give to go back to that season.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 08:56 - May 18 with 5003 viewskingsburyR

Cardiff Away 2-2 was an epic day!!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 08:59 - May 18 with 4987 viewsTheChef

And don't forget it's Bobby Zamora Day next Tuesday.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 09:34 - May 18 with 4937 viewsLblock

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 08:56 - May 18 by kingsburyR

I missed it... In the Cotswolds that weekend

One of the few I missed that season.
Possibly the best season EVER that I can recall following this rag tag outfit of ours.

So many happy memories

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 09:44 - May 18 with 4915 viewsMarc

A cold friday night and losing at home to Watford, but

3-1 down
Who gives a fcuk
We're QPR and we're going up
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 10:00 - May 18 with 4892 viewspaulparker

Leicester at home when we won 1-0 was the day I knew we would do it
started off with me meeting Stan the Man whilst having a crafty fag round the back of the springbok
a tense game with a great save from Kenny
then Miller comes on and scores just at the right time with a few minutes left
happy days indeed and something I thought I would never see as a QPR fan (a title win)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 10:21 - May 18 with 4855 viewsBAWHoops

Lived in New York during that season, but we were on TV loads so got to watch most matches.

Was back home for that Cardiff game and went. That atmosphere was unreal.
The noise when Bothroyd scored for them was insane. When Taarabt equalised it was utterly mental.
The inflatables were amazing. The singing of those 2 songs over and over again.

What a season

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 11:00 - May 18 with 4811 viewsHayesender

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 10:00 - May 18 by paulparker

Leicester at home when we won 1-0 was the day I knew we would do it
started off with me meeting Stan the Man whilst having a crafty fag round the back of the springbok
a tense game with a great save from Kenny
then Miller comes on and scores just at the right time with a few minutes left
happy days indeed and something I thought I would never see as a QPR fan (a title win)

The Leicester home game was a defining moment for quite a few of us in think.

Me and my mates were on our way to Covent garden after the game, but popped into the white horse for a quick one before heading off.

Fell out of the white horse about 6 hours later worse for wear and soaked head to toe in beer

Poll: Shamima Beghum

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 12:00 - May 18 with 4758 viewsTheChef

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 11:00 - May 18 by Hayesender

The Leicester home game was a defining moment for quite a few of us in think.

Me and my mates were on our way to Covent garden after the game, but popped into the white horse for a quick one before heading off.

Fell out of the white horse about 6 hours later worse for wear and soaked head to toe in beer

Yes that Leicester game was key.

It was all confirmed for me about a month later winning away at Barnsley midweek. Backs to the wall performance, not helped by the biggest homer ref I can remember. We got nothing from him that night.

Login to get fewer ads

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 12:16 - May 18 with 4740 viewsSydneyRs

This was the season definer for me. The ten man late win at the fake hoops.

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 12:23 - May 18 with 4727 viewsNortholt_Rs

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 12:16 - May 18 by SydneyRs

This was the season definer for me. The ten man late win at the fake hoops.

Sublime ball through by Ale and great finish by Wayne. And against that lot too....

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 13:30 - May 18 with 4650 viewsmcqpr10

Great days. People go on and on about how you need time and the team needs to gel but there were alot of new players in that team and we just hit the ground running.

Helguson was awesome-pivotal to how we played and the previous season we had him loaned out to Watford while we signed Priskin and Bent. Shudder.
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 13:32 - May 18 with 4643 viewsTheChef

Some interesting stats here - I thought the likes of Mackie and Tommy Smith played most of the games, seems it's not the case.

Romone Rose??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season#Ap

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 13:34 - May 18 with 4637 viewsCroydonCaptJack

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 13:30 - May 18 by mcqpr10

Great days. People go on and on about how you need time and the team needs to gel but there were alot of new players in that team and we just hit the ground running.

Helguson was awesome-pivotal to how we played and the previous season we had him loaned out to Watford while we signed Priskin and Bent. Shudder.

Blimey I had forgotten about that. He went from zero to hero didn't he!
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 15:26 - May 18 with 4557 viewsRBlock

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 09:44 - May 18 by Marc

A cold friday night and losing at home to Watford, but

3-1 down
Who gives a fcuk
We're QPR and we're going up

Followed by...

Docked 10 points,
Who gives a fcuk
We're QPR, and we're going up!
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 16:07 - May 18 with 4518 viewsVish

Cardiff away with all the inflatables was brilliant. as was the Wetherspoons after Watford away!
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 16:22 - May 18 with 4501 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cardiff at home too was a great one. That goal by Adel. And Swansea - getting it to 10 v 10 and then absolutely smashing them with all the space. Sublime.
Leicester at home was a game I had settled for a point, so went particularly mental at the winner. Then Miller's shorts fell down.

Bare bones.

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 20:10 - May 18 with 4387 viewsNoDiddley

Coming back from Scunthorpe on the 4 carriage shunter train to Doncaster after a 4-1 loss all of the carriages started singing that plus banging on the train ceiling! Should have de-railed.. MENTAL
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 21:07 - May 18 with 4342 viewsdistortR

in response to the original chant posted, we're more of a republic these days
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 21:28 - May 18 with 4322 viewsted_hendrix

Winning 1-0 at Doncaster was the game for me, Listening to those Donny fans after the game spouting that we'd be straight back down again told me all I needed to know about whether we were going up or not, there was a rumour flying about at Donny before kick off that Taarabt had been sent home.
Scunny away was a joke of a game, our own fans letting rip at Rob Hulse after he'd headed us in front, even Paddy Kenny got some stick from our own fans as their fourth goal entered our net of its own accord.
Cardiff away cost me a big parking fine but it was worth it, we could have won that bloody game in the dying seconds too if Helguson had connected with the ball.
Winning at Reading though was a whole heap of multiple orgasms, what a bunch of fcking minges they are.
Finney was pissed at whatford btw.
Deep joy for the good old days.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 21:52 - May 18 with 4306 viewsWestonsuperR

Agree, one of my favourite ever QPR matches and we didn't even win. Great weather and being St.George's Day added a bit to it all.
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 22:57 - May 18 with 4271 viewsPunteR

My favorite ever season. Just superb . Not only that but it helped get my son loving the club,the next generation. I told him it supporting QPR pays off in the end. That season and Wembley got him hooked for life.
The Derby 2-2 game was the clincher for me that season. We just seemed unbeatable.
There were a few tears after the Watford game. That season can never be replicated...unless of course we spend the next 15 years out of the top league.
I'll always love Taraabt for that season. I dont care what anybody say's on here,blokes a legend in my book.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 01:19 - May 19 with 4220 viewsSydneyRs

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 22:57 - May 18 by PunteR

My favorite ever season. Just superb . Not only that but it helped get my son loving the club,the next generation. I told him it supporting QPR pays off in the end. That season and Wembley got him hooked for life.
The Derby 2-2 game was the clincher for me that season. We just seemed unbeatable.
There were a few tears after the Watford game. That season can never be replicated...unless of course we spend the next 15 years out of the top league.
I'll always love Taraabt for that season. I dont care what anybody say's on here,blokes a legend in my book.

Agree on the Derby game. The other one that stood out for me was Pompey away early in the season. Losing until the last minute and equalised. Those games really showed the character of the side.

There was a great youtube video taken from the Derby end as we equalised where you could hear how gutted they were.
EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 12:26 - May 19 with 4116 viewsNortholt_Rs

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 21:52 - May 18 by WestonsuperR

Agree, one of my favourite ever QPR matches and we didn't even win. Great weather and being St.George's Day added a bit to it all.

Memories are made of ths!

EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-O on 12:34 - May 19 with 4107 viewsNortholt_Rs

Oh gawd I've just shot me bolt!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024