Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evil Les... 08:51 - Nov 7 with 4990 viewsHunterhoop

Does Evil Les' evil rating come down a bit now he's sacked his mate (again)? Or is dependent on if we hire Sherwood?

In all seriousness, I just cannot comprehend the vitriol towards him. Someone actually said on social media "we need to get more of our own into the club", whilst also saying Les had to go. Err....Les IS our own. He's a club legend and about as qualified as you can get in football to be a DoF. Most are sodding ex-agents or mates of CEOs, and most have absolutely no business management qualifications, fewer still have UEFA Coaching Licences and almost none actually were a top class player. He's can see the running of a club from all angles. Doesn't mean he'll succeed (or is even a nice fella) but he is qualified. Oh, and what exactly has this 'Forever Rs' campaign been about exactly,! Oh yeah, getting our own back involved in the club.

Someone else also said, seriously from what I could gather, that our scouting network had been reduced to nothing under Les. Err...you what?? Hughes Redknapp canned the scoutin network in favour of the agent network. Les has reversed this. We actually now have scouts. He's increased the number from what I've heard and we've signed players from League 1, the German, Dutch, Polish and French leagues. Either he's personally clocked up a lot of mileage or we've got a much improved scouting network.

Whoever he appoints, even if it is Cpt Bellend, can we just get behind the club and support Les and Hoos. The constant sniping and criticism of him/the club is so counter productive and almost completely unreasonable. "Support" the club.
Evil Les... on 09:11 - Nov 7 with 3389 viewsNW10Hoop

I'm a big fan of Les, and not just as an ex player.

I don't get the hate towards him either. Even if he was crap at the job.

He understands what we want the club to be, he played in a period when QPR was everyones second favourite club, and to have been born close enough to Loftus Rd to be a supporter was lucky! He also seems to know how much the club needs to change to try and get back to that feel. He is qualified, handles the responsibility with dignity and clearly can make tough decisions when called for.

I only wish he had an appetite to manage the team, I'd love him on the touch line!
Evil Les... on 09:14 - Nov 7 with 3375 viewsElHoop

I don't hate him, I just don't understand what he does.
Evil Les... on 09:29 - Nov 7 with 3336 viewsstevec

I'm not sure what he does either but, assuming he has a big say in managerial appointment then about time he showed some vision and stopped giving it to mates.

If it's another mate in Sherwood and that goes wrong then it'll be time to fall on his sword.
Evil Les... on 09:39 - Nov 7 with 3295 viewsNW10Hoop

Evil Les... on 09:29 - Nov 7 by stevec

I'm not sure what he does either but, assuming he has a big say in managerial appointment then about time he showed some vision and stopped giving it to mates.

If it's another mate in Sherwood and that goes wrong then it'll be time to fall on his sword.

JFH wasn't one of his mates though. He was one of the outstanding candidates for the job as the then manager of the league 1 leaders.

Also got the the feeling that Chris Ramsey was given the role permanently by an over excited Tony Fernandes after an away win at Sunderland. The role of giving his mate the boot though fell to Les
Evil Les... on 09:39 - Nov 7 with 3295 viewsaston_hoop

He was mates with Jimmy then?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Evil Les... on 09:49 - Nov 7 with 3258 viewsElHoop

Evil Les... on 09:39 - Nov 7 by NW10Hoop

JFH wasn't one of his mates though. He was one of the outstanding candidates for the job as the then manager of the league 1 leaders.

Also got the the feeling that Chris Ramsey was given the role permanently by an over excited Tony Fernandes after an away win at Sunderland. The role of giving his mate the boot though fell to Les

As I recall, Fernandes was desperate to give the job permanenetly to Ramsey, but he wanted to do it after he won a game, and it was a long old wait.
Evil Les... on 09:51 - Nov 7 with 3249 viewsingeminate

Detest some of the bollocks I've heard. Esp this Tottenham Les BS. People like that have no place at QPR and can fck off.

He's done a sterling Job on the transfer front, miles ahead of where we were before.

I thought Ramsey and Jimmy were both reasonable appointments. Neither worked out, but most managers don't.

If it is Sherwood then the sad thing is that if he flounders then Les may well end up going too - and it will be an ignominious exit.

My hope is that the club have pr'd it. Suggesting it would be sherwood so that anyone else is greeted with extra enthusiasm.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Evil Les... on 09:53 - Nov 7 with 3236 viewsCamberleyR

For the umpteenth time where is the proof that he and Hasselbaink were mates? Never played together and never worked together in any capacity after they stopped playing.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Evil Les... on 10:10 - Nov 7 with 3188 viewsdaveB

Evil Les... on 09:14 - Nov 7 by ElHoop

It's not hard to find out what he does, countless interviews and fans forums in the last 2 years where this has been explained time and time again
Evil Les... on 10:15 - Nov 7 with 3165 viewsdaveB

Excellent post Hunter, I had my rant about Ferdinand and the benefits of his role yesterday but some of the things I've read about him make my blood boil. Calls for him to be replaced by Terry fenwick this morning from a few fans. I am close to giving up which will be a delight to many I am sure.
Evil Les... on 10:16 - Nov 7 with 3161 viewsThe_Mole

Evil Les... on 09:53 - Nov 7 by CamberleyR

For the umpteenth time where is the proof that he and Hasselbaink were mates? Never played together and never worked together in any capacity after they stopped playing.

L Block might prove me wrong, but I don't think they were actually friends, just more of a tongue in cheek gesture.

Ferdinand makes no bones about the fact he feels there should be more black and ethnic managers in the game and probably felt JFH was the perfect example to take a punt on based on his Burton record to prove his point.

Hunter - do you honestly feel LF would have sacked Ramsey and JFH if it was down to him? These decisions are coming from the top mate - guns been loaded and LF is no doubt pulling the trigger!

I don't hate LF - made it very clear on this board that he was and still is one of my all time favourite players - just worry a bit about this role as DOF...
Evil Les... on 10:18 - Nov 7 with 3146 views1BobbyHazell

Evil Les... on 09:14 - Nov 7 by ElHoop

What, apart from...

-transitioning the club from one that was losing record amounts of money paying past it has beens, who didn't give a sh1t about us, had absolutely terrible team spirit and had many characters that the fans loathed, obscene amounts of money with nothing to show for it to one that has a squad of young, promising players, including academy graduates who all seem to have a fantastic team spirit, are liked as individuals by the fans despite the quality of football, clearly backed their under fire manager and have the potential to grow as a unit. All whilst paying them sensible, affordable wages that won't ruin the club financially. I remember a year or so ago when people were saying that was all they could ask for. Maybe we've realised we'd like a little bit more. Fair do's. Les has helped build the base for that to happen. A lot of things are clearly now in place.

- NOT being Hughes, Joraabchian (sic), Beard, Rigg or Redknapp. All of them brief, transitionary mercenaries, either taking for themselves or spending wildly the investment and Premiership money that could have been used to build a sound infrastructure for the club's future. None of them had any connection to the club, I doubt any of them think twice about us now. Les clearly gives a f*ck and is committed to our long term well being. Given what and who we've seen at the club in recent years that is not to be taken for granted.

- and taking on the job of transforming the club when it was at its absolute lowest, right at the sh1t end of it all, when there was no more 'Hollywood' type money going to made available and it had to severely cut costs and lose its big name players. All of that achieved without being relegated to league 1, which many posters predicted on here, and actually maintaining us as a mid table Championship team, which according to all the statistical indicators is exactly what we are.

- improving our scouting beyond FIFA 2008 or players Harry's already worked with/ heard of.

- having to deal with Tony 'are we going up yet?' Fernandes in your ear. No Tone, we are not going up just yet, losing nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in just 4 years whilst actually managing to end up a division lower than you started and still having ridiculously high earning has beens on the books is a balls up of potentially world record proportions. It takes a little getting over and transitioning from. I'm still pulling up the trousers of yours that Hughes, Kia J and Harry pulled down. Let me get on with my job.

All in a couple of years!

We have a much sounder base for a manager to come in and work with now. We are clearly nothing like the basket case we were for a few years.

I'm looking forward to us all getting behind the new fella, yes even Timmy, and enjoying a bit of harmony back down at HQ.
Evil Les... on 10:21 - Nov 7 with 3135 viewsDorse

Evil Les... on 10:15 - Nov 7 by daveB

Excellent post Hunter, I had my rant about Ferdinand and the benefits of his role yesterday but some of the things I've read about him make my blood boil. Calls for him to be replaced by Terry fenwick this morning from a few fans. I am close to giving up which will be a delight to many I am sure.

Not Tottenham Terry?!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Evil Les... on 10:33 - Nov 7 with 3106 viewsDannytheR

Evil Les... on 10:16 - Nov 7 by The_Mole

L Block might prove me wrong, but I don't think they were actually friends, just more of a tongue in cheek gesture.

Ferdinand makes no bones about the fact he feels there should be more black and ethnic managers in the game and probably felt JFH was the perfect example to take a punt on based on his Burton record to prove his point.

Hunter - do you honestly feel LF would have sacked Ramsey and JFH if it was down to him? These decisions are coming from the top mate - guns been loaded and LF is no doubt pulling the trigger!

I don't hate LF - made it very clear on this board that he was and still is one of my all time favourite players - just worry a bit about this role as DOF...

"L Block might prove me wrong, but I don't think they were actually friends..."

Don't forget to change your log in before he does.
Evil Les... on 10:43 - Nov 7 with 3083 viewsThe_Mole

Evil Les... on 10:33 - Nov 7 by DannytheR

I've missed ya Danny R!

Heaven forbid there might actually be a handful of folk on here that don't always agree with the majority
Evil Les... on 10:48 - Nov 7 with 3070 viewspaulparker

Evil Les... on 10:33 - Nov 7 by DannytheR

Funny you talk about log ins I always thought you were bazza in the loft

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Evil Les... on 10:51 - Nov 7 with 3058 viewsDannytheR

Evil Les... on 10:48 - Nov 7 by paulparker

Funny you talk about log ins I always thought you were bazza in the loft

Don't get all touchy again. Was only "tongue in cheek."
Evil Les... on 11:08 - Nov 7 with 3000 viewsAntti_Heinola

Les is doing a fantastic job. As for 'picking managers' - as if that's easy. The only team who seem to be getting it spot on time after time at the moment are Southampton. Immensely difficult job. Jimmy had good credentials, taking a small club up, and then getting them to the top of League One. He also hasn't left us in a mess, despite what anyone thinks. Think our recruitment has been very good, but it needs time.

We lost four matchwinners, no matter what anyone says, in 6 months - Austin, Hoilett, Phillips and Fer. Three of them didn't do it enough and while they weren't popular we saw yesterday what Phillips can do. You know, he got 8 goals last season, plus assists. Charlie got 11 and JFH never had the luxury of him. Hoilett got 6 plus quite a few assists too. Those are big gaps to fill and I think Les has done well - Sylla looks like a great buy. Wszolek looks good. JFH got Shodipo into the side. And thanks to Hoos and Les, we're within FFP - which would have seemed like a joke two years ago. But still you'll get Wally Downes jnr going on about the 'peanuts' QPR are paying - as if there's a choice.

Bare bones.

Evil Les... on 11:16 - Nov 7 with 2976 viewsElHoop

Evil Les... on 10:18 - Nov 7 by 1BobbyHazell

What, apart from...

-transitioning the club from one that was losing record amounts of money paying past it has beens, who didn't give a sh1t about us, had absolutely terrible team spirit and had many characters that the fans loathed, obscene amounts of money with nothing to show for it to one that has a squad of young, promising players, including academy graduates who all seem to have a fantastic team spirit, are liked as individuals by the fans despite the quality of football, clearly backed their under fire manager and have the potential to grow as a unit. All whilst paying them sensible, affordable wages that won't ruin the club financially. I remember a year or so ago when people were saying that was all they could ask for. Maybe we've realised we'd like a little bit more. Fair do's. Les has helped build the base for that to happen. A lot of things are clearly now in place.

- NOT being Hughes, Joraabchian (sic), Beard, Rigg or Redknapp. All of them brief, transitionary mercenaries, either taking for themselves or spending wildly the investment and Premiership money that could have been used to build a sound infrastructure for the club's future. None of them had any connection to the club, I doubt any of them think twice about us now. Les clearly gives a f*ck and is committed to our long term well being. Given what and who we've seen at the club in recent years that is not to be taken for granted.

- and taking on the job of transforming the club when it was at its absolute lowest, right at the sh1t end of it all, when there was no more 'Hollywood' type money going to made available and it had to severely cut costs and lose its big name players. All of that achieved without being relegated to league 1, which many posters predicted on here, and actually maintaining us as a mid table Championship team, which according to all the statistical indicators is exactly what we are.

- improving our scouting beyond FIFA 2008 or players Harry's already worked with/ heard of.

- having to deal with Tony 'are we going up yet?' Fernandes in your ear. No Tone, we are not going up just yet, losing nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in just 4 years whilst actually managing to end up a division lower than you started and still having ridiculously high earning has beens on the books is a balls up of potentially world record proportions. It takes a little getting over and transitioning from. I'm still pulling up the trousers of yours that Hughes, Kia J and Harry pulled down. Let me get on with my job.

All in a couple of years!

We have a much sounder base for a manager to come in and work with now. We are clearly nothing like the basket case we were for a few years.

I'm looking forward to us all getting behind the new fella, yes even Timmy, and enjoying a bit of harmony back down at HQ.

There's an awful lot of words there, but if I didn't know how he interacts with the manager then I still don't know I'm afraid. Look, i like Les so don't blame me for what other people might think. But if we appoint an inexperienced manager then how does he work with him and help him? Reading in many respects were in a similar position to us, but their outcome, so far anyway, has been different. I'm just wondering why that might be the case.
Evil Les... on 12:17 - Nov 7 with 2859 viewswhittocksRs

The key thing Ferdinand, and Hoos, have done is create a layer between Tony Fernandes and the everyday management of the football club.

Hands On Tony, as others have noted, spent £250m in four years and took us down a division. He managed to massage the numbers to avoid a club-ending fine and demotion, eating the debt that he had himself created. That was noble, in comparison to the parasites in charge at loads of other clubs, but noble means nothing really when it's your own mess.

Ferdinand has had to persuade Fernandes to stay out at every single juncture. You knew as soon as he tweeted about JFH it was all over — he'd decided to get involved and that inevitaby means more chaos (even know the firing as arguably justified).

That alone makes Ferdinand worth having at the club, let alone the tangible, structural changes he has made to the scouting system, wage structure, reliance on agents, dialogue with fans, etc etc.
Evil Les... on 12:18 - Nov 7 with 2851 viewsingeminate

Evil Les... on 11:16 - Nov 7 by ElHoop

There's an awful lot of words there, but if I didn't know how he interacts with the manager then I still don't know I'm afraid. Look, i like Les so don't blame me for what other people might think. But if we appoint an inexperienced manager then how does he work with him and help him? Reading in many respects were in a similar position to us, but their outcome, so far anyway, has been different. I'm just wondering why that might be the case.

"There's an awful lot of words there,"

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Evil Les... on 14:04 - Nov 7 with 2708 viewsHunterhoop

Evil Les... on 12:18 - Nov 7 by ingeminate

"There's an awful lot of words there,"

Yeah...

Ask qn, get detailed answer, ignore answer. Great work.

And Elhoop, all due respect, but a) Les' interaction with the manager is just one small aspect of "what he does", and b) why do you, Elhoop, need to know exactly how this interaction happens to know what the DoF role entails?? It's just one small aspect.

The Head Coach is fully responsible for the first team's performance. The DoF and CEO set parameters in which he can work (transfer approach, scouting network, wage caps, etc) amongst many other things as the post with "an awful lot of words" explained.

And to make out it's working at Readibg differently...?! They were below is until a few games ago! We're 16 games into a season! Bit early to be making judgements about it working sonewhere and not here. Besides which, a football club has a myriad of influencing factors affecting it other than just the DoF and Head Coach interaction.
Evil Les... on 14:14 - Nov 7 with 2674 viewsBasingstokeR

Evil Les... on 14:04 - Nov 7 by Hunterhoop

Yeah...

Ask qn, get detailed answer, ignore answer. Great work.

And Elhoop, all due respect, but a) Les' interaction with the manager is just one small aspect of "what he does", and b) why do you, Elhoop, need to know exactly how this interaction happens to know what the DoF role entails?? It's just one small aspect.

The Head Coach is fully responsible for the first team's performance. The DoF and CEO set parameters in which he can work (transfer approach, scouting network, wage caps, etc) amongst many other things as the post with "an awful lot of words" explained.

And to make out it's working at Readibg differently...?! They were below is until a few games ago! We're 16 games into a season! Bit early to be making judgements about it working sonewhere and not here. Besides which, a football club has a myriad of influencing factors affecting it other than just the DoF and Head Coach interaction.

Do any of us know much in detail at all about the background non-playing interaction in a football club?

My Reading supporting friends tell me they don't really understand how they got how so high in the table as they don't think they are playing uniformly well. They aren't sure on Jaap Stam's and have misgivings on his tactics and experience.
Evil Les... on 14:21 - Nov 7 with 2646 viewsAntti_Heinola

Evil Les... on 14:14 - Nov 7 by BasingstokeR

Do any of us know much in detail at all about the background non-playing interaction in a football club?

My Reading supporting friends tell me they don't really understand how they got how so high in the table as they don't think they are playing uniformly well. They aren't sure on Jaap Stam's and have misgivings on his tactics and experience.

I suspect fans have misgivings about their manager at around 80-85 of the football league and premier league clubs. I reckon 80% of fans believe their manager is tactically naive or inept or has favourites or has poor in game management or some such bollix. But, you know, that's what you get when the prevailing wind is that managers can control absolutely everything on a football pitch at all times.

Bare bones.

Evil Les... on 14:36 - Nov 7 with 2603 viewsbrad

i like les...i think he is doin his best for our club....i hope the next appointment is the right one.....i think les is learning everyday and will get better..... true fans would not want to see him go....cos he is a local lad..... i say he has QPR best interest for the best...i hope he stays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024