Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moyes gone 08:47 - Apr 22 with 8037 viewsRangersDave

Go get him Tony!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Moyes gone on 08:51 - Apr 22 with 5833 viewsChinajohn

No, please don't get him. I was quite surprised to see this, ManUre have never been hire/fire but then the Glazers are involved.
Moyes gone on 08:58 - Apr 22 with 5801 viewsRangersDave

Moyes gone on 08:51 - Apr 22 by Chinajohn

No, please don't get him. I was quite surprised to see this, ManUre have never been hire/fire but then the Glazers are involved.

Why not?
A proven manager in the Premiership without cash.
Great motivator of normal players, and look what he did over 11 years at Everton. Stability!

Give him money and a very high profile job and he's out of his depth.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Moyes gone on 09:01 - Apr 22 with 5784 viewsexiled_dictator

Moyes gone on 08:51 - Apr 22 by Chinajohn

For the last 26 years, the didn't need to be either.
Although they have done it in the past.

Could be Jurgen ze German in there, after Giggs & Butt see them through the season.

I wouldn't mind him as a manager.
He is honest, hard working and succeeded beyond his financial means at Everton.
Man Utd was always going to be a move too much for him, and the first person in would always fail to meet everyone's expectations.
Personally, I would have stuck with him for next season as well.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Moyes gone on 09:02 - Apr 22 with 5779 viewsTonto

we could do a whole lot worse...

however, i expect him to go for a bigger club than us. If he were going to go for a Championship club it would be Fulham.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Moyes gone on 09:03 - Apr 22 with 5771 viewsbosh67

Way way way too early. Typical modern decision. Barely had time to bring any of his own through. Was always going to be very difficult to replace Ferguson. Klopp I reckon will come in next from Germany.

Moyes is not a QPR style manager.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Moyes gone on 09:10 - Apr 22 with 5735 viewsPilky

Moyes gone on 09:03 - Apr 22 by bosh67

Way way way too early. Typical modern decision. Barely had time to bring any of his own through. Was always going to be very difficult to replace Ferguson. Klopp I reckon will come in next from Germany.

Moyes is not a QPR style manager.

Agreed. We don't do this "stability" larky.
Moyes gone on 09:17 - Apr 22 with 5701 viewsJonDoeman

There'll be quite a few teams in the prem thinking about taking him. Villa ,Newcastle, Spurs..........

It Is What It Is !!

Moyes gone on 09:19 - Apr 22 with 5691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought we wanted a manager on the way up?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Moyes gone on 09:46 - Apr 22 with 5592 viewszicoshoops

He's already got more money than you can shake a stick at.
Six year contract.
11 months of it earned.
5 years and one month worth of payoff.
50 years old.

Now then........another job and more grief?
Or
Retire....... enjoy your family life......... travel the world....... count your dough.......along the way have a dabble with a few young Sorts.

It's a tough call.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out Moysie.
Moyes gone on 09:52 - Apr 22 with 5560 viewsN12Hoop

Bloke was always on a hiding for nothing, taking over from one of the greatest managers of all time who left him with an ave squad of ageing players. It hasn't helped that he wasted £27 m on Fellaini and that Martinez has taken Everton up the league. Personally would rather a manager with a bit more charisma.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Moyes gone on 09:57 - Apr 22 with 5528 viewsCHUBBS

From a very big club like Everton,onto an even bigger club like Man Utd then onto that colossus of a franchise QPR i can see it yes yes its gonna happen!
Moyes gone on 09:58 - Apr 22 with 5526 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Those of us who remember when Busby retired will have the old déjà vu. His predecessors didn't last long either. It can't help whoever takes over that the former icon sits in the stand behind them.

Edit: Just dug this up. Sound familiar?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8875138/Frank-
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 10:06]
Moyes gone on 10:00 - Apr 22 with 5515 viewscoolranger

Ridiculous appointment in the first place.

Moyes had no experience of creating successful attack-minded sides that play in the Manchester United style. He is a naturally cautious, defensive-minded coach who did a good job with limited resources at Everton.

Looked out of his depth from the word go. Not helped by senior players probably not really buying into his methods and making their plans to move on anyway.

Also think the wholesale change of coaching staff was a huge mistake, not to mention the arrival of a new CEO.

I think Moyes will get the Stoke job when 'Team Hughes' take over at Old Trafford. I gather Hughes is interested in interviewing the Glazers to see whether their ambitions match his own....!
Moyes gone on 10:04 - Apr 22 with 5480 viewsHAYESBOY

Jose is thinking, if only i had waited 12 months, i wouldnt be back at this sh1thole.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Moyes gone on 11:23 - Apr 22 with 5375 viewsTacticalR

Moyes gone on 09:58 - Apr 22 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Those of us who remember when Busby retired will have the old déjà vu. His predecessors didn't last long either. It can't help whoever takes over that the former icon sits in the stand behind them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8875138/Frank-

A very unflattering account of Busby.

Air hostess clique

Moyes gone on 11:54 - Apr 22 with 5296 viewsWokingR

Moyes gone on 09:46 - Apr 22 by zicoshoops

He's already got more money than you can shake a stick at.
Six year contract.
11 months of it earned.
5 years and one month worth of payoff.
50 years old.

Now then........another job and more grief?
Or
Retire....... enjoy your family life......... travel the world....... count your dough.......along the way have a dabble with a few young Sorts.

It's a tough call.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out Moysie.

He won't get a 5 year pay off.
His contract limits him to 12 months because he failed to get them into Europe.
Probably quite a big reason they decided to get rid of him now and not later when it might have cost them a lot more
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 12:09]
Moyes gone on 12:04 - Apr 22 with 5271 viewsTacticalR

Surely the most popular man in Britain for his work this year?

Air hostess clique

Moyes gone on 12:21 - Apr 22 with 5211 viewsTHEBUSH

Moyes gone on 09:02 - Apr 22 by Tonto

we could do a whole lot worse...

however, i expect him to go for a bigger club than us. If he were going to go for a Championship club it would be Fulham.

Imo, we should stay clear of Moyes, just because he might be available !!

Didn't TF do the same thing with Redknapp, just because he was available ?

TF needs to think big time, before we choose our next manager.
Moyes gone on 12:55 - Apr 22 with 5113 views08olesen

Not what we need.. another hi profile manager on expensive wages. I think he will go to Newcastle and do a good job there.

Having said that we could do a lot worse.... Zola, Steve Kean, Di Canio.

Got to be either Eddie Howe or Thomas Tuchel (but he will go to BVB if Klopp goes to manure)

Poll: Who will the other play off

Moyes gone on 13:15 - Apr 22 with 5052 viewsCamberleyR

Moyes gone on 09:58 - Apr 22 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Interesting article but it seems to imply that O'Farrell directly followed Busby which is not strictly true. Yes he was the manager after Busby but that was only after he had come back out of retirement to fill in after the hapless Wilf McGuinness, his chosen successor (much like Moyes was with Ferguson) was sacked after 18 months in charge.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Moyes gone on 13:17 - Apr 22 with 5047 viewsstansleftfoot

Fergusons arrogance brings Man United Moyse, same backgrounds, similar dour attitudes.
Moyse immediately made Everton a better side by paying £27 Million for Fellaini to take him to Man United.
Way, Way out of his depth, the players have got rid of this scape-goat, they have pulled the rug from under his traditional values and honesty and made him a multi-millionaire.
This is one of the biggest Football Clubs in the world, it was valued at $3.1 BILLION having been worth £10 Million when Ferguson arrived.....David Moyse....he never had a hope in Hell!
Moyes gone on 14:05 - Apr 22 with 4948 viewsrunningman75

McLaren was Fergies assistant in the past. Would rather have him managing us though him and Derby seem to be a good match.
Moyes gone on 14:16 - Apr 22 with 4899 viewsingeminate

Moyes gone on 14:05 - Apr 22 by runningman75

McLaren was Fergies assistant in the past. Would rather have him managing us though him and Derby seem to be a good match.

Be interesting to see where Moyes goes next -

Spurs prob need someone more associated with attacking football. Newcastle? Not sure he'd want it, seems another poisoned chalice. Possibly Southampton if Pochettino goes to a big club in Europe. Arsenal, no, not sure there is much else out there for him in the premiership - wouldn't have thought he'd want a really struggling club though he might look towards what Pulis has achieved.

Based on track record alone you'd maybe think a fading former glory club with tight budgets somewhere in Europe, but there is nothing Hollywood about him, no pezazz, no show and I get the impression you need a bit more charisma out there.

I reckon he'll take a year out then end up at one of the Old Firm clubs win a few trophies then move back to a bit prem club or potentially Europe.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Moyes gone on 14:21 - Apr 22 with 4892 viewscoolranger

Partick Thistle are interested apparently....what a fall.
Moyes gone on 15:30 - Apr 22 with 4796 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Apparently he is walking away from football to go into politics as a member of UKIP. Nigel Farage has been impressed with his 'stay out of Europe' policy in Manchester.

Coat please!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024