Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ v Wlad 11:30 - Apr 28 with 6710 viewsPurleyHoop

Forest aside - and price aside - who wins this?
AJ v Wlad on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 5278 viewseghamranger

AJ
AJ v Wlad on 12:06 - Apr 28 with 5237 viewspaulparker

Eddie Hearn

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

AJ v Wlad on 12:15 - Apr 28 with 5229 viewskingsburyR

AJ v Wlad on 12:06 - Apr 28 by paulparker

Eddie Hearn

I agree.

Estimating 1 million pay per view at £20 in the UK alone!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

AJ v Wlad on 12:21 - Apr 28 with 5214 viewsSimonJames

AJ on points

100% of people who drink water will die.

AJ v Wlad on 12:22 - Apr 28 with 5211 viewspaulparker

AJ v Wlad on 12:15 - Apr 28 by kingsburyR

I agree.

Estimating 1 million pay per view at £20 in the UK alone!

Like a fool I will get it but jesus what a terrible undercard , you have 90k people going and millions watching on PPV and Katie taylor and luke Campbell is your undercard fights , im no fan of Warren either but at least his PPV's had decent fighters on
Hearn is ruining british boxing with his duff fights , im hoping for a Wlad win

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

AJ v Wlad on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 5190 viewsNW5Hoop

I'm off to Wembley. Looking forward to seeing the little dots in the distance pummelling each other.
AJ v Wlad on 12:34 - Apr 28 with 5172 viewsbosh67

I don't think Wlad will be as off key as he was last time. AJ needs to keep his chin out the way if it goes the distance but I think AJ may stand the best chance of winning on points. Wlad is good at long fights but at 41 he will tire.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

AJ v Wlad on 12:59 - Apr 28 with 5139 viewsdaveB

I think Wlad will win on points and set up a rematch which is ideal for both of them really.

Like a fool I've paid for it, the undercard looks terrible
Login to get fewer ads

AJ v Wlad on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 5099 viewssimmo

AJ on points, all very nice and respectuful, nobody losing face.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

AJ v Wlad on 13:36 - Apr 28 with 5078 viewsFredManRave

Wlad all over in 10.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

AJ v Wlad on 13:39 - Apr 28 with 5075 viewsToast_R

Vlad to win on points as AJ like everyone else other then unpredictable Tyson Fury, won't be able to get beyond his robotic jab.

I'm getting it in, the under cards are not as bad as the last PPV with old Haye and Bellew. That really was poor. And for the record, Katy Taylor was one of the highlights last time, she was awesome in her fight.

I bought a Now TV box the other day for this, I've heard you can download the SkySports Box Office App (done) and then you order it via Now TV website. Only recently the website keeps saying "no Events to book". Anyone else used Now TV for box office stuff?

Bought myself a 5L keg of Budwar at Morrisons the other day for this, £10 - a real good offer. On til Tuesday while stocks last. Get yourself on it!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 13:51]
AJ v Wlad on 13:53 - Apr 28 with 5050 viewspaulparker

AJ v Wlad on 13:39 - Apr 28 by Toast_R

Vlad to win on points as AJ like everyone else other then unpredictable Tyson Fury, won't be able to get beyond his robotic jab.

I'm getting it in, the under cards are not as bad as the last PPV with old Haye and Bellew. That really was poor. And for the record, Katy Taylor was one of the highlights last time, she was awesome in her fight.

I bought a Now TV box the other day for this, I've heard you can download the SkySports Box Office App (done) and then you order it via Now TV website. Only recently the website keeps saying "no Events to book". Anyone else used Now TV for box office stuff?

Bought myself a 5L keg of Budwar at Morrisons the other day for this, £10 - a real good offer. On til Tuesday while stocks last. Get yourself on it!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 13:51]

Toast mate the undercard is pathetic
in fact all of Eddie Hearns cards are poor he has been getting away with it for 3 or 4 years now , its at Wembley with 90k people it should be a proper good card not polluted with the likes of Katie taylor
whyte, or de gale should be on the undercard with at least another world title on the line , the only way it will change is the over hyped AJ getting beat

AJ v Wlad on 14:27 - Apr 28 with 5004 viewsToast_R

AJ v Wlad on 13:53 - Apr 28 by paulparker

in fact all of Eddie Hearns cards are poor he has been getting away with it for 3 or 4 years now , its at Wembley with 90k people it should be a proper good card not polluted with the likes of Katie taylor
whyte, or de gale should be on the undercard with at least another world title on the line , the only way it will change is the over hyped AJ getting beat

Still think the last one was worse but yes there a few well know names on the under card worthy of the £20 fee. Having said that, big names don't necessarily mean the fights will be any good. There still might be some good fights from the relative unknowns, you just never know. I'm guessing it's difficult to get the fights everyone wants to see on the same card when you have Box Nation and normal Sky Sports showing events most weeks.
AJ v Wlad on 14:48 - Apr 28 with 4987 viewsRs_Holy

Heart says AJ.... Head says Vlad!

I think AJ has to knock him out inside 8 rounds to win the fight.... If it goes the distance the other guy wins :(
AJ v Wlad on 15:58 - Apr 28 with 4951 viewsingeminate

AJ v Wlad on 13:53 - Apr 28 by paulparker

Pretty sure I've disagreed with you about this in the past...
but this time round the undercard is terrible, really is - campbell's opponent being weight drained to f and not making weight today doesn't fill you with confidence that that will be a cracker....

That said overall about 2/3rds of Matrchroom's undercards over the past few years have been OK.

Using the Whyte Joshua which was probably the best, the card had

eubank vs spike
mitchell vs barroso
bellew vs masternak
campbell vs mendy
chisora vs gospic

The fights that night were through the roof!

Also at the risk of sounding like i've got my head too far up Hearn's ass I'd believe in part at least his explanation of this undercard being down to Klitschko's camp. if you want to look at examples of terrible undercards look at Klitschko's fights. They never spend a penny extra and sell it all on the main event.

As an example chief support when he fought Fury was a ten rounder - Tlatlik Vs Rahimi.

Hope the main event delivers on Saturday. Watched the Jennings fight again earlier and Wlad was massively unimpressive then landed an average of 4 1/2 punches a round against Fury. I think there is a half a chance that AJ just walks through him and smashes him up by round four - though at 7-1 a Wlad decision , holding paw jab, holding looks value too.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

AJ v Wlad on 16:23 - Apr 28 with 4916 viewspaulparker

AJ v Wlad on 15:58 - Apr 28 by ingeminate

Pretty sure I've disagreed with you about this in the past...
but this time round the undercard is terrible, really is - campbell's opponent being weight drained to f and not making weight today doesn't fill you with confidence that that will be a cracker....

That said overall about 2/3rds of Matrchroom's undercards over the past few years have been OK.

eubank vs spike
mitchell vs barroso
bellew vs masternak
campbell vs mendy
chisora vs gospic

The fights that night were through the roof!

Also at the risk of sounding like i've got my head too far up Hearn's ass I'd believe in part at least his explanation of this undercard being down to Klitschko's camp. if you want to look at examples of terrible undercards look at Klitschko's fights. They never spend a penny extra and sell it all on the main event.

As an example chief support when he fought Fury was a ten rounder - Tlatlik Vs Rahimi.

Hope the main event delivers on Saturday. Watched the Jennings fight again earlier and Wlad was massively unimpressive then landed an average of 4 1/2 punches a round against Fury. I think there is a half a chance that AJ just walks through him and smashes him up by round four - though at 7-1 a Wlad decision , holding paw jab, holding looks value too.

eubank vs spike
mitchell vs barroso
bellew vs masternak
campbell vs mendy
chisora vs gospic

yes that was a good undercard on paper which I don't mind paying for, the rest have been pathetic and a waste of money ,IMHO the hype for these sky/Hearn cards has been through the roof well OTT
if you go back to the mid to late 90's frank warrens PPV 's were always stacked full of talent with Naz, Collins, Robin Reid , Catley all on the card , when Bruno won the title at Wembley you had Nigel benn fighting before him , that's what it should be about a boxing night to remember
Hearn has the 02 Booked I think for the next 5 years which is worrying as we are going to end up with duff miss match fights like haye vs bellew & GGG vs Brook
Whyte is even now going to be headlining a PPV fight at the end of may, yes dillian whyte he was supposed to be on the undercard tomorrow but will now be a main eventer
Boxing needs the likes of Fury brothers , Eubank Jnr, Khan & BJS to stop p1ssing about and start to fight real fighters for proper titles and maybe we can end this Eddie Hearn pantomime we are currently getting

AJ v Wlad on 16:32 - Apr 28 with 4895 viewsingeminate

AJ v Wlad on 16:23 - Apr 28 by paulparker

eubank vs spike
mitchell vs barroso
bellew vs masternak
campbell vs mendy
chisora vs gospic

yes that was a good undercard on paper which I don't mind paying for, the rest have been pathetic and a waste of money ,IMHO the hype for these sky/Hearn cards has been through the roof well OTT
if you go back to the mid to late 90's frank warrens PPV 's were always stacked full of talent with Naz, Collins, Robin Reid , Catley all on the card , when Bruno won the title at Wembley you had Nigel benn fighting before him , that's what it should be about a boxing night to remember
Hearn has the 02 Booked I think for the next 5 years which is worrying as we are going to end up with duff miss match fights like haye vs bellew & GGG vs Brook
Whyte is even now going to be headlining a PPV fight at the end of may, yes dillian whyte he was supposed to be on the undercard tomorrow but will now be a main eventer
Boxing needs the likes of Fury brothers , Eubank Jnr, Khan & BJS to stop p1ssing about and start to fight real fighters for proper titles and maybe we can end this Eddie Hearn pantomime we are currently getting

Agree with a lot of that, esp the trend for mismatches, even though with bellew they sometimes win, helps if you are fighting a hop along..

Lost any interest in the travelling band of fighting men, who don't fight much.

Still think you are harsh on the fen standard of undercard. The rest haven't all been a waste of money, they just haven't, it's much more of a mixed bag, but the time it would take to go back, check and write them all up isn't worth it. There's an ongoing thread on the checkhook boxing forum measuring frank's boxnation shows vs hearne's natchroom you could take a look at.
Incidentally you won't be alone on that forum thinking hearne is ruining boxing!

Coming up you have brook spence, which is a brilliant fight, be interesting to see what sort of card they end up with there, hopefully half decent.

AJ v Wlad on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 4658 viewsToast_R

AJ coming in at 17st 12lbs?

He better hope he wins by round 6. That's heavy.
AJ v Wlad on 11:04 - Apr 29 with 4596 viewsWatford_Ranger

A last payday for Klitschko. Joshua to win with ease followed by Deontay Wilder entering the ring and lots of poncing about while Hearn grins like a moron.
AJ v Wlad on 12:22 - Apr 29 with 4560 viewstraininvain

AJ v Wlad on 13:21 - Apr 28 by simmo

AJ on points, all very nice and respectuful, nobody losing face.

I think if it goes to points AJ's in a spot of bother. Never gone the distance & winning on points is Klitschko's forte.
AJ v Wlad on 12:39 - Apr 29 with 4548 viewsBromleyHoop

AJ v Wlad on 12:22 - Apr 29 by traininvain

I think if it goes to points AJ's in a spot of bother. Never gone the distance & winning on points is Klitschko's forte.

In all the footage I ever see of Joshua training it's all strength and conditioning stuff which would account for his physique, I've never seen him doing any roadwork. I'm sure he must do some but if the balance of his training is more about power as apposed to stamina then if Klitchko does take AJ into the later rounds then it could get very interesting. I've got a sneaky suspicion that this fight is not going to go AJ's way. But then I am one of life's eternal pessimists.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

AJ v Wlad on 19:23 - Apr 29 with 4426 viewsToast_R

I like that Katie Taylor, think she's got the lot as boxer.
AJ v Wlad on 20:43 - Apr 29 with 4369 viewsingeminate

AJ v Wlad on 19:23 - Apr 29 by Toast_R

I like that Katie Taylor, think she's got the lot as boxer.

Taylor was good, bit one sided, but has the skills.
Campbell fight was decent without really catching fire.
Quigg fight pretty good.
Cant help thinking could do with a whyte/Chisora 2 type fight to really get things going.

AJ v Wlad on 20:58 - Apr 29 with 4343 viewsTrance_Trousers

mamahd.com/box-live-stream2-1.html

http://sportival.net/anthony-joshua-vs-wladimir-klitschko-sky-box-office-live-st
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 21:45]

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

AJ v Wlad on 22:54 - Apr 29 with 4173 viewsingeminate

AJ v Wlad on 20:58 - Apr 29 by Trance_Trousers

mamahd.com/box-live-stream2-1.html

http://sportival.net/anthony-joshua-vs-wladimir-klitschko-sky-box-office-live-st
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 21:45]

Wow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024