Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Sinclair 15:00 - Jan 2 with 9598 viewsbosh67

Oh dear. He seems such a sensible lad. What a shame he has let himself down like this. So much work for the kick racism out campaign and then he does this. A great shame as he is a hero of mine and he always talks so well and affectionately about our club. Obviously some problems below the surface.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/02/ex-england-star-trevor-sinclair-ad

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trevor Sinclair on 15:05 - Jan 2 with 5283 viewspaulparker

what a fcuking hypocrite , gone down a lot in my estimation with the stuff he was saying
should be sacked from the BBC and not allowed to work in football again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Sinclair on 15:09 - Jan 2 with 5254 viewsrsonist

Can't believe he's gone and invalidated the grievances of hundreds of years of institutional oppression by calling a copper a white cnt. Back to square one.
Trevor Sinclair on 15:38 - Jan 2 with 5151 viewsLythamR

He is a very lucky man to get that sentence and the other charges dropped.

Lucky that it was late at night on a road that is normally very quiet at that time.

Hopefully he learns his lesson but I dont think we should write off the good things he has done because of one abberation

I am prepared to give him a second chance although I am now extra vigilant when crossing the road!
Trevor Sinclair on 15:43 - Jan 2 with 5128 viewsjonno

Used to be a big fan of his when he was playing for us and at times seemed to be almost taking on teams on his own when we were struggling, but lost a lot of respect when he just started going through the motions a few months before his move to West Ham when he had clearly been tapped up. Shame.
Trevor Sinclair on 15:44 - Jan 2 with 5122 viewspaulparker

Trevor Sinclair on 15:38 - Jan 2 by LythamR

He is a very lucky man to get that sentence and the other charges dropped.

Lucky that it was late at night on a road that is normally very quiet at that time.

Hopefully he learns his lesson but I dont think we should write off the good things he has done because of one abberation

I am prepared to give him a second chance although I am now extra vigilant when crossing the road!

I don't recall Ron Atkinson getting a second chance , what Sinclair has said and done is far worse, he even had the gall to go on twitter and still accuse the copper of being a racist after the event , we as QPR fans were up in arms about john terry and quite rightly so, I fail to see how this is any different , if he was in the forever Rs club he should be booted out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Sinclair on 16:12 - Jan 2 with 4987 viewsToast_R

I know from experience, out of frustration the race card is the easiest excuse to use to cover up a persons mistakes or to hear a decision that's not in that persons favour and it works both ways. In my job working for local government, I hear it all the time. "Is it because I'm not white and you lot are racist?" or "Is it because I'm not an immigrant and they get everything?" However, what Trevor Sinclair has done is a very odd thing to do when you have a white wife and mixed race children. Shocking. How disappointing when one of your childhood heroes lets himself down like this.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 16:14]
Trevor Sinclair on 16:26 - Jan 2 with 4927 viewsMancR

To add to the disappointment Nick Freeman was his lawyer in court
Trevor Sinclair on 16:26 - Jan 2 with 4925 viewsSharpy36

Trevor Sinclair on 15:44 - Jan 2 by paulparker

I don't recall Ron Atkinson getting a second chance , what Sinclair has said and done is far worse, he even had the gall to go on twitter and still accuse the copper of being a racist after the event , we as QPR fans were up in arms about john terry and quite rightly so, I fail to see how this is any different , if he was in the forever Rs club he should be booted out

Spot on.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Sinclair on 16:27 - Jan 2 with 4920 viewsHayesender

Isn't Trevor himself mixed race? Not condoning it one bit, but that's some very strange behaviour

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Trevor Sinclair on 16:28 - Jan 2 with 4915 viewsted_hendrix

Trevor Sinclair on 16:26 - Jan 2 by MancR

To add to the disappointment Nick Freeman was his lawyer in court

Who's Nick Freeman in my ignorance?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Trevor Sinclair on 16:37 - Jan 2 with 4869 viewsMancR

That sleepy lawyer that gets celebrities off on technicalities when faced with losing licenses.
Trevor Sinclair on 16:38 - Jan 2 with 4864 viewsMancR

Sleezy not sleepy
Trevor Sinclair on 16:42 - Jan 2 with 4844 viewskensalriser

He also pissed himself in the police car.

Not that I condone any of his behaviour, but can any of us honestly say we've never said or done anything completely moronic when blind drunk?

His problem isn't being racist, it's alcohol.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trevor Sinclair on 16:48 - Jan 2 with 4798 viewsBklynRanger

Trevor Sinclair on 16:42 - Jan 2 by kensalriser

He also pissed himself in the police car.

Not that I condone any of his behaviour, but can any of us honestly say we've never said or done anything completely moronic when blind drunk?

His problem isn't being racist, it's alcohol.

That's mainly how I see it tbh. He was obviously completely out of control at the time - seemed like he'd been abused in a restaurant earlier that afternoon completely out of the blue, had (I think) gone home and got pissed and gone a bit mad. So he was clearly out of order but I don't agree that what he did was clearly worse than Atkinson - Sinclair had a very bad night that he's probably deeply ashamed of but Big Ron was sober and thinking clearly when he revealed his true colours.
Trevor Sinclair on 16:50 - Jan 2 with 4791 viewsrobith

"I fail to see how this is any different"

I'm going to defend a drink driver because it's deplorable, but I legit give up if you think that that's true
Trevor Sinclair on 16:50 - Jan 2 with 4790 viewsstevec

Find myself in two minds on this.

What PP says is absolutely spot on, you can't go lenient on this when Ron Atkinson and others have been kicked out of their jobs, it would smack of double standards.

That said, it's quite sad that due to the fundamentalist standards everyone gets judged on these days, it seems one strike and your out has become the norm. Sinclair is a decent bloke, he's made one almighty mistake, but can any of us honestly say we've managed a lifetime of not saying something way out of line in the heat of the moment?

Reckon we'd all get along better if we went to war on the oppressors rather than those who make the odd mistake.
Trevor Sinclair on 17:05 - Jan 2 with 4724 viewsSharpy36

i can forgive the racist stuff(not sure his wife and three kids might), but driving around pissed, and not just a little bit pissed, no fcuk him.
Lots of double standards floating around here.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Trevor Sinclair on 17:08 - Jan 2 with 4700 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think you are all cun'ts black white or any other in the rainbow.

Apparently, it was an endearing word once upon a time.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 17:20]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trevor Sinclair on 17:09 - Jan 2 with 4696 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nothing stopping either John Terry or Ron Atkinson working in football, except the appetite of the employers.

Let’s not pretend that Trickie is going to get any easier a ride.
Trevor Sinclair on 17:26 - Jan 2 with 4608 viewsjohncharles

Trevor Sinclair on 17:05 - Jan 2 by Sharpy36

i can forgive the racist stuff(not sure his wife and three kids might), but driving around pissed, and not just a little bit pissed, no fcuk him.
Lots of double standards floating around here.

Got seriously pissed and made a complete arse of himself.
Double standards ? Who am I to judge.
All I will say is that it seems out of character. Never heard of him doing anything like this before whereas some of the names cropping up here are serial arseholes.

Strong and stable my arse.

Trevor Sinclair on 17:44 - Jan 2 with 4566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Atkinson's case was far worse because he was a serial offender so can hardly claim to have been guilty by temporary lack of judgement or by temporary impairment of function.

That apart, Sinclair has admitted to a racially aggravated offence and alcohol doesn't not excuse him. Most of us on here have said or done something we regret while under the influence of alcohol and, while I can't speak for anyone else, I have known immediately and without a doubt that alcohol did not excuse me. It doesn't excuse anyone.

It's a dreadful shame as he has done harm to a valuable charity.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trevor Sinclair on 17:48 - Jan 2 with 4541 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trevor Sinclair on 17:54 - Jan 2 with 4520 viewsSharpy36

From the update at BBC

"Officers found the BBC pundit's car stopped on Clifton Drive, Blackpool after he was involved in a collision with a woman getting out of a taxi"

Like i said, fcuk him.

Trevor Sinclair on 18:02 - Jan 2 with 4482 viewsPunteR

He's made a massive mistake and has been punished for it.
Hopefully he'll learn from it and not do it again.
He's lucky he didnt hurt anybody.
Im sure he has other business interests so maybe he can concentrate on them. The bloke still has a family to provide for. Maybe coming out of the limelight might actually help.?
Real shame.
Edit. I didnt realise he was involved in a serious collision. Just read post above.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 18:05]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Trevor Sinclair on 18:13 - Jan 2 with 4430 viewsCiderwithRsie

Trevor Sinclair on 16:12 - Jan 2 by Toast_R

I know from experience, out of frustration the race card is the easiest excuse to use to cover up a persons mistakes or to hear a decision that's not in that persons favour and it works both ways. In my job working for local government, I hear it all the time. "Is it because I'm not white and you lot are racist?" or "Is it because I'm not an immigrant and they get everything?" However, what Trevor Sinclair has done is a very odd thing to do when you have a white wife and mixed race children. Shocking. How disappointing when one of your childhood heroes lets himself down like this.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 16:14]

You're right of course. But you'll note those things are put as questions - not: "you're only doing this because I'm black", but "is it because I'm black?" I'm white, but if I was black, I don't know if I'd always be able to tell; because sometimes people are racist.

A**eholes never think they're being a**eholes and most of them would stop if they realised it. Most normal decent people including me have been an a**ehole some time and not realised. Usually the sign is that everyone is p*ssed off with you but if you are being an a**ehole you think it's because everyone else is being a d*ck, not that you're being a dick. Most of us can tell that if everyone else is reacting the same the problem is likely to be us not them but if you're black, sometimes it's not.

It's not an excuse at all, being a d*ck is being a d*ck, but I wouldn't get hung up on "isn't it terrible for him of all people to be racist" because that's part of the problem with racism.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024