Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? 14:11 - Oct 30 with 4955 viewsPinnerPaul

We've done the hand wringing and the confessions.

New page, whatever you've posted before - where are we going to finish?

I'll go for the (boring) where we are now - 10th.

Over to you...….
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 15:06 - Oct 30 with 2552 viewsderbyhoop

Don't think we can keep this sort of run going, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Before the season started I thought we were looking to find 3 or more teams worse than us. I thought we'd finish about 19th. Now I'm thinking more mid-table 12-16th.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 15:26 - Oct 30 with 2518 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 15:06 - Oct 30 by derbyhoop

Don't think we can keep this sort of run going, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Before the season started I thought we were looking to find 3 or more teams worse than us. I thought we'd finish about 19th. Now I'm thinking more mid-table 12-16th.

IF, and I agree we won't, keep this run going, we would be promoted!

That's why I've gone for 10th - think we will do a bit worse than we are now, but not as bad as we were in August.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 15:33 - Oct 30 with 2501 viewsRangersw12

We should finish top 10 considering how much we've spent on the loan players but I reckon we will finish 15th
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:01 - Oct 30 with 2459 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 15:33 - Oct 30 by Rangersw12

We should finish top 10 considering how much we've spent on the loan players but I reckon we will finish 15th

'Should be 10th' - really?

Aston Villa should be 1st then, but they are a long way from that!

Also its only 3 loan players, so a bit simplistic to say the improvement is just down to them & does not do the players, SMc and his staff justice IMHO.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:07 - Oct 30 with 2451 viewspaulparker

I don’t care as long as we are mathematically safe with say 6 games to go so we can give those games to the likes of chair , Oteh, Kaykay , Hall, Smyth , etc so they are ready for the following season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:14 - Oct 30 with 2436 viewsRangersw12

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:01 - Oct 30 by PinnerPaul

'Should be 10th' - really?

Aston Villa should be 1st then, but they are a long way from that!

Also its only 3 loan players, so a bit simplistic to say the improvement is just down to them & does not do the players, SMc and his staff justice IMHO.

Improvement is down to the 3 loans , he has now finally gone for the correct formation and stopped trying to get Lynch and BFG to play out from the back

Majority of clubs would of loved to be able to splash the cash on 3 premier league loans so yes we should finish top 10
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:30 - Oct 30 with 2401 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:14 - Oct 30 by Rangersw12

Improvement is down to the 3 loans , he has now finally gone for the correct formation and stopped trying to get Lynch and BFG to play out from the back

Majority of clubs would of loved to be able to splash the cash on 3 premier league loans so yes we should finish top 10

2 if we're being picky!

Lots of players have improved, so a nonsense to say just down to the 3 loanees. and you have ignored the fact that having the most 'expensive' squad doesn't always equal guaranteed success as Villa show!

So you're giving no credit to Smc and the other players then?
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:33 - Oct 30 with 2392 viewsSimonJames

I started the season thinking we should finish about 12th and I still think that's likely.
But I guess it depends quite a lot on whether we manage to hold onto our loan players for most of the season, and also don't lose players like Pav, Eze or Freeman in January.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:42 - Oct 30 with 2378 viewsRangersw12

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:30 - Oct 30 by PinnerPaul

2 if we're being picky!

Lots of players have improved, so a nonsense to say just down to the 3 loanees. and you have ignored the fact that having the most 'expensive' squad doesn't always equal guaranteed success as Villa show!

So you're giving no credit to Smc and the other players then?

Of course Villa should be challenging top 2 I thought that was obvious !

I give McClaren lots of credit for turning things around but the majority of it was his own making anyway, he's gone with the short term loan route and ready made players and will be judged on that

No player has improved from last season bar Lynch IMO
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 16:43]
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:54 - Oct 30 with 2349 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:42 - Oct 30 by Rangersw12

Of course Villa should be challenging top 2 I thought that was obvious !

I give McClaren lots of credit for turning things around but the majority of it was his own making anyway, he's gone with the short term loan route and ready made players and will be judged on that

No player has improved from last season bar Lynch IMO
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 16:43]

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that last line I think!
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:02 - Oct 30 with 2319 viewsShotKneesHoop

Lucky 13. Safe for another year of handwringing and teeth gnashing

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:06 - Oct 30 with 2312 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I'm just as happy as every other fan with the run of form we've shown but not getting ahead of ourselves. In my opinion we are still in a relegation battle, and anywhere above 22nd I'll take. I just want to be safe with a few games to spare. I think we will finish 16th again. November is a tough run of games, I'd like to see what our situation is by December

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:32 - Oct 30 with 2265 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:06 - Oct 30 by RANGERS4EVER

I'm just as happy as every other fan with the run of form we've shown but not getting ahead of ourselves. In my opinion we are still in a relegation battle, and anywhere above 22nd I'll take. I just want to be safe with a few games to spare. I think we will finish 16th again. November is a tough run of games, I'd like to see what our situation is by December

I think relegation battle is a little pessimistic given we are 6 points from the top and 14 from the bottom!
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:37 - Oct 30 with 2251 viewsed_83

"No player has improved from last season bar Lynch IMO"

Not even Lumley? No mean feat to bring a young keeper through with no experience at this level, and get him regularly keeping clean sheets. The other big one for me is Bidwell, who's been turning in consistently stronger performances this season. Freeman and Eze maybe haven't improved as individuals, but they're both fitting into the system miles better this year.

Also think it's notable that as much as you can say our form is due to our new signings, they've all stepped up and played well: how often have we seen Rangers sign players who then regress horribly compared to their previous form?

Not saying McClaren deserves a medal or anything, but I think the improvements across the squad are meaningful. Clearly we're not going to sustain the kind of form we've seen recently, but I still reckon finishing in the top half of the table is a reasonable target.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:41 - Oct 30 with 2239 viewshubble

I'm feeling super confident now. 2nd and auto.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:42 - Oct 30 with 2237 viewsLongsufferingR

I never let myself get carried away with a run of defeats or a run of victories.

1st
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 17:42 - Oct 30 with 2235 viewsPunteR

Top half somewhere

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:16 - Oct 30 with 2197 viewsBerkoRanger

I said it before this "run" so I'll say it again...Top 6 finish.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:24 - Oct 30 with 2179 viewsEsox_Lucius

If the squad and coaching team is still the same at the end of the season and no injuries to key players I will stick a pin at 12-15th. TBH I would be happy at 20th or higher. All runs come to an end and this one will be no different.

The grass is always greener.

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:28 - Oct 30 with 2170 viewsHarbour

An exciting 7th just missing playoffs but we are very happy with the improvement...got my optimistic hat on!
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:49 - Oct 30 with 2136 viewsDorse

Hopefully, we will end up getting promoted with the last kick of the season, which will, coincidentally, somehow mean Villa will be relegated...

Outside bet for the play offs... By which I mean 10th

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:52 - Oct 30 with 2125 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:24 - Oct 30 by Esox_Lucius

If the squad and coaching team is still the same at the end of the season and no injuries to key players I will stick a pin at 12-15th. TBH I would be happy at 20th or higher. All runs come to an end and this one will be no different.

On the 'run'

Many were asking when we did it before.

We DID win 7 on the bounce under Ollie - 1st season back in Champs - but don't know if we had 3 clean sheets in a row in that run - anyone?
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 19:30 - Oct 30 with 2058 viewshopphoops

Fourth. Nailed on.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 19:33 - Oct 30 with 2048 viewsWren67

I can't remember what my prediction was at the start of the season but I am liable to be wildly over-optimistic .
I have seen 3 matches live this season. The debarcle at Blackpool where I felt really sorry for S Mc because nothing went well on that night. My partner, who thought she went to Blackpool to see the lights wondered why I brought her all that way to watch rubbish.

Then I went to Portman Rd, now I dont know a lot about formations but what I saw made me hopeful that S Mc knew what he was doing. 2 nil flattered Ipswich.

Seeing us take Shef. Wed apart at the Loft was really enjoyable. I haven't see us play so well in years! I could relax and breathe easily in the last ten minutes of the game.

Against A. Villa, a game I watched on Sky, I was stunned by how well we played. We competed for every ball, players help each other, we were compact, we looked like we knew what we were doing and we played like a team and achieved a deserved victory.

We are looking difficult to beat , so......hope springs eternal... we will finish 6/7 and we wont lose to Blackburn... because the team has found away to stop shipping goals whilst at the same time becoming more clinical.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 19:54 - Oct 30 with 2012 viewsdaveB

somewhere between 12th and 16th, same as last season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024