Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? 14:11 - Oct 30 with 4963 viewsPinnerPaul

We've done the hand wringing and the confessions.

New page, whatever you've posted before - where are we going to finish?

I'll go for the (boring) where we are now - 10th.

Over to you...….
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 21:07 - Oct 30 with 1728 viewsBlackCrowe

Mostly injury free (unlikely) then 8th, amazing.

With injuries, 14th.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 21:35 - Oct 30 with 1703 viewsCamberleyR

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:52 - Oct 30 by PinnerPaul

On the 'run'

Many were asking when we did it before.

We DID win 7 on the bounce under Ollie - 1st season back in Champs - but don't know if we had 3 clean sheets in a row in that run - anyone?

No, we only managed two clean sheets in succession, the last two games of the run we won 1-0 away at Stoke and home to West Ham.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 21:36]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 22:02 - Oct 30 with 1676 viewsOldPedro

Think we will finish about 12th - can see Stoke recalling Cameron in Jan if he continues to play well and Burnley might recall Wells if he scores a few more.

Will also depend whether anyone comes calling for Freeman in Jan (or anyone else for that matter). A decent offer could see anyone leave

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 22:05 - Oct 30 with 1674 viewskropotkin41

A top half finish would have to be considered a very successful season for Steve and the team. At the moment, I think we'll finish between 7th and 12th.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 03:05 - Oct 31 with 1584 viewsLowerloftLad

the aim of avoiding the bottom 3 is still very much the target but i would now say anything from 9th to 18th
thats a major improvement from the 21st to 18th target i was hoping for at the start after west brom i thought that was us done and dusted
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 3:07]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 05:40 - Oct 31 with 1563 viewsnix

I’d be really pleased with a top half finish. Can’t believe we’ll continue on our current run as we may struggle if either of our centre backs or Bidwell gets injured and we’re also pretty reliant on Ezra and Freeman to create things. But if we’re continuing to bring on players like Lumley, Furlong and Eze that’s got to be good for our long term future. I’m saying 12th-14th depending on whether we can keep people fit.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 10:15 - Oct 31 with 1488 viewsrsonist

Injury and January sales (thinking Freeman particularly) would bite us hard but with a nice tight defence you've always got a chance of being consistent and upsetting the odds. That solid foundation is what's different now compared to previous good runs we've had in recent seasons.

Last week was great but the next couple are two very different games coming at the right time that will be a real crucible. Get a result away at Blackburn, give Brentford a good game without folding, we might be entitled to start getting excited.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 10:26 - Oct 31 with 1473 viewsBklynRanger

I think we could manage a quite pleasant 9th.

IF we were around the playoff places in January the owners may be more inclined to resist letting anyone go.

Do we know if Cameron and Wells can definitely be recalled?
Login to get fewer ads

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 10:38 - Oct 31 with 1466 viewsfrancisbowles

We've had a great 6 days and have been improving steadily since the first four games, Swansea aside.

However, it is really difficult to forecast what will happen next and over the remainder of the season. There are so many things that could happen in January with players being sold or recalled and if we carry on in the current form these become more likely.

In the meantime I am pondering two things:

1. How will we respond to going behind in a game? We managed a comeback against Derby but will we manage to do this on a number of occasions? Will we manage it away from home?

2. How long before someone works out how to break down our solid six and with everyone else studying every game will we be found out? My thoughts are wingers getting wide and around the back will give us problems. I was pleased that Bolassie wasn't attacking down our left for longer.

It will be a testing time for Steve Mc and all. We've given ourselves a bit of a platform we can hopefully build on (or stand still or fall off).
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 10:41 - Oct 31 with 1460 viewsW7Ranger

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 18:52 - Oct 30 by PinnerPaul

On the 'run'

Many were asking when we did it before.

We DID win 7 on the bounce under Ollie - 1st season back in Champs - but don't know if we had 3 clean sheets in a row in that run - anyone?

Well, we seem to be overlooking the promotion season under Warnock and that unbelievable run of games at the start of the season where we were unbeaten for 19 games until we had a shocker at home to Watford in December on BBC2.

In that run we won 11 and drew 8. Scoring 35 and Conceding 9.

But if you look more closely...

We won the first 3 games of the season, scoring 9 and conceding 0.
We then drew 2-2 at Derby.
We followed that with another 4 wins, scoring 11 and conceding 0.

So in the first 8 games alone, our stats were...

Played 8, Won 7, Drawn 1, Lost 0, For 22, Against 2. Pts 22 (out of a possible 24)

So we'll have to go some to beat that, and we have 3 more games to do it..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:04 - Oct 31 with 1440 viewsngbqpr

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:07 - Oct 30 by paulparker

I don’t care as long as we are mathematically safe with say 6 games to go so we can give those games to the likes of chair , Oteh, Kaykay , Hall, Smyth , etc so they are ready for the following season

like we did late last season...;)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:31 - Oct 31 with 1416 viewsDavieQPR

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 22:02 - Oct 30 by OldPedro

Think we will finish about 12th - can see Stoke recalling Cameron in Jan if he continues to play well and Burnley might recall Wells if he scores a few more.

Will also depend whether anyone comes calling for Freeman in Jan (or anyone else for that matter). A decent offer could see anyone leave

A player cannot be recalled from a season long loan unless a prior agreement was in place.
A loan agreement cannot be cancelled unless both parties agree.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:47 - Oct 31 with 1398 viewsstevec

Reckon there are six teams who are definitely stronger than us and another 6 on a par with us, so anywhere between 7th and 13th if we can keep this side together.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:49 - Oct 31 with 1395 viewsdaveB

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:31 - Oct 31 by DavieQPR

A player cannot be recalled from a season long loan unless a prior agreement was in place.
A loan agreement cannot be cancelled unless both parties agree.

Most season long loan have a call back in January if needed. We've got one for Manning.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 12:46 - Oct 31 with 1355 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 19:54 - Oct 30 by daveB

somewhere between 12th and 16th, same as last season

Well we didn't finish 12th -15th last season Dave!

So you're expecting us to get worse - any reason - losing players in Jan perhaps?
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 13:43 - Oct 31 with 1325 viewstraininvain

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:49 - Oct 31 by daveB

Most season long loan have a call back in January if needed. We've got one for Manning.

We might want to consider loaning him elsewhere- Manning's been on the bench two out of the last three games.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 20:26 - Oct 31 with 1223 viewsnumptydumpty

ask this question after 3 losses in a week.

we could finish anywhere tbf.

Championship is so random.

And I think the points difference this season could be very close ie 7th to 19th maybe lot closer in this league than any other so more about how many points we get - if our goal difference improves and can we be more consistent

ie no six match losing runs.

I have no idea where we will finish. Be incredible if we got in plau offs but think that's slightly unrealistic - top half would be impressive - push on next season

But a few injuries to key players - ie three or four injuries and we playing players who potential but all kids together did not seem to work that well.

SO as to the answer to the question - who the heck knows - we are qpr - anything is possible - somewhere between 1st to 24th though perhaps....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 22:26 - Oct 31 with 1183 viewsdodge_stoke_r

We don't need to keep the run going. Just not regress back to where we were 2 months ago. All the teams around us will be thinking that there no reason to think that they won't be couldn't challenge for the play offs. I don't see why we shouldn't be thinking that too. Our big Achilles heel will be our inability to strengthen in January.
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 23:09 - Oct 31 with 1158 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just really enjoying this for now, to be honest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 23:48 - Oct 31 with 1140 viewsdaveB

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 12:46 - Oct 31 by PinnerPaul

Well we didn't finish 12th -15th last season Dave!

So you're expecting us to get worse - any reason - losing players in Jan perhaps?

I said 12th - 16th, didn't we finish 16th last season, think if we had won last game would have been 12th so we were in that range.

Really i've no idea where we'll finish but just think thats where we'll end up
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:27 - Nov 1 with 1046 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 23:48 - Oct 31 by daveB

I said 12th - 16th, didn't we finish 16th last season, think if we had won last game would have been 12th so we were in that range.

Really i've no idea where we'll finish but just think thats where we'll end up

Nice try. 3 more points we would have been 15th, so not 'in the range of 12th' at all.

Lose 1 more game we would have been 17th.

If we finish 12th, that IS better than 16th - can't believe we can argue over that!
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:32 - Nov 1 with 1045 viewsbosh67

I think if we keep Cameron, Wells, Hemed fit and keep Freeman and Eze we can finish in the automatic promotion places. Or 14th

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 12:27 - Nov 1 with 1024 viewsPinnerPaul

Biggest prices available

Promotion 22/1

Relegation 33/1
Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 13:14 - Nov 1 with 1002 viewsSimonJames

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 16:33 - Oct 30 by SimonJames

I started the season thinking we should finish about 12th and I still think that's likely.
But I guess it depends quite a lot on whether we manage to hold onto our loan players for most of the season, and also don't lose players like Pav, Eze or Freeman in January.

On the basis of the Warren Farm news I'm now bumping my prediction up to 10th.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 19:26 - Nov 1 with 932 viewsdaveB

Sooooooooooooo where ARE we going to finish now? on 11:27 - Nov 1 by PinnerPaul

Nice try. 3 more points we would have been 15th, so not 'in the range of 12th' at all.

Lose 1 more game we would have been 17th.

If we finish 12th, that IS better than 16th - can't believe we can argue over that!

I said in the range of 12th to 16th, 15th is in that range is it not?
All I said was we could have finished 12th if we had won that last game (leeds would have been 3 points worse off and below us) so we were in that range to finish anywhere between 12th and 16th last season.

Of course if we finish 12th that will be better than last season, not really disputing that, just think we'll be around that area of the table.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024