Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Xmas' period 17:40 - Jan 1 with 1738 viewsPinnerPaul

11 points from 5 games - got to be happy with that haven't we?
'Xmas' period on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 1722 viewskropotkin41

Vitally important points too given how hard January looks. If Christmas had been rotten we might have looked at a bit of a death spiral this month. Amazing Christmas period....... we've been spoiled!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

'Xmas' period on 17:43 - Jan 1 with 1709 viewssmegma

'Xmas' period on 17:42 - Jan 1 by kropotkin41

Vitally important points too given how hard January looks. If Christmas had been rotten we might have looked at a bit of a death spiral this month. Amazing Christmas period....... we've been spoiled!

We're unbeaten this year.

Onwards and upwards.
'Xmas' period on 17:48 - Jan 1 with 1656 viewsterryb

'Xmas' period on 17:42 - Jan 1 by kropotkin41

It is just as hard for our opponents in January as it is for us!

And we won't be playing West Brom on the 26th as we will be in the 4th round of the FA Cup!

So that just leaves Sheffield United & Preston left to play in the league. Four points from those would be very respectable!
'Xmas' period on 17:53 - Jan 1 with 1611 viewsbosh67

I am disappointed we haven't gained 18 points from the last 15 available!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

'Xmas' period on 17:56 - Jan 1 with 1601 viewsitsbiga

I had very optimistically predicted 10 points over Xmas .
The boys have done us a solid.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

'Xmas' period on 18:03 - Jan 1 with 1572 viewsdaveB

I thought we'd do well to get 7 points from those games, a fantastic effort
'Xmas' period on 18:05 - Jan 1 with 1548 viewspaulparker

Yeah a good period for us although I have this feeling Reading are going to stay up by a point this year ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

'Xmas' period on 18:14 - Jan 1 with 1506 viewsJuzzie

3 wins, 2 draws, no losses and we win at Forest.
Best xmas results for freakin’ years :)
Login to get fewer ads

'Xmas' period on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 1454 viewssmegma

'Xmas' period on 18:14 - Jan 1 by Juzzie

3 wins, 2 draws, no losses and we win at Forest.
Best xmas results for freakin’ years :)

But let's concentrate on the 0-0 against Reading and abuse Eze and Cousins.
'Xmas' period on 18:32 - Jan 1 with 1435 viewsPinnerPaul

'Xmas' period on 18:29 - Jan 1 by smegma

But let's concentrate on the 0-0 against Reading and abuse Eze and Cousins.

I know - very frustrating!
'Xmas' period on 02:57 - Jan 2 with 1108 viewsSydneyRs

The only slight negative was not beating Reading but a brilliant period nonetheless. We've been in solid playoff form for a long time now and the longer it continues the less relevant those first 4 games will be.
'Xmas' period on 03:14 - Jan 2 with 1105 viewsHooparoo

Santa was good to us this year. Can’t remember the last time we were unbeaten over the crazy Christmas period. We are really building some momentum.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

'Xmas' period on 07:21 - Jan 2 with 1012 viewsjonno

Absolutely brilliant over the period. I believe we're a much better side than many thought we would be at the start of the season, with no reason to fear any team in the division as we can beat any one of them if we play to our potential.
'Xmas' period on 08:15 - Jan 2 with 962 viewsHooparoo

'Xmas' period on 07:21 - Jan 2 by jonno

Absolutely brilliant over the period. I believe we're a much better side than many thought we would be at the start of the season, with no reason to fear any team in the division as we can beat any one of them if we play to our potential.

Whisper it quietly. We are contenders 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

'Xmas' period on 10:01 - Jan 2 with 846 viewsdavman

'Xmas' period on 08:15 - Jan 2 by Hooparoo

Whisper it quietly. We are contenders 😉

It's not just that though, is it? We generally look a good, disciplined team now, especially away from home and at times, we look a GREAT team...

Still don't think we'll make it this season and just hope that the necessary sale(s) and return of loanees don't cripple us too much to build again from next season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

'Xmas' period on 11:08 - Jan 2 with 789 viewsrobith

I'm just generally happy at the moment. The team are playing with the same kind of heart Holloway instilled in the side, but with added verve and more resolve. Long may it continue
'Xmas' period on 11:17 - Jan 2 with 765 viewsNorthernr

Delighted.
We're playing well generally, and we're good to watch when that's happening.
When we fall off slightly, for whatever reason, we're difficult to play against. No longer a soft touch.
'Xmas' period on 11:34 - Jan 2 with 742 viewsDorse

'Xmas' period on 11:17 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Delighted.
When we fall off slightly, for whatever reason, we're difficult to play against. No longer a soft touch.

The sheer bone-splintering G-force of our turnaround since the Bristol City game probably caused the Earth to rock on its axis. Alien civilisations have probably observed this phenomenon and are, as we speak, journeying to us to invite us to join their federation of advanced planets, having mistaken QPR's improvement for a warp signature.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

'Xmas' period on 11:47 - Jan 2 with 717 viewsPinnerPaul

'Xmas' period on 11:17 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Delighted.

I'm going qualify that last part slightly.

I don't think we're 'difficult to play against' when we do (rarely) drop off, because we do exactly that - drop off (Too far)

Reading could play in that first 60' - it was getting in on goal that they found difficult.

That's the difference to me - apart form that first 30' v Hull when they looked like scoring from every attack, we do look 'b*****y difficult to break down & as SMc said we are getting better and better 'on the break' or in modern parlance 'in transition'!

Long may it continue!
'Xmas' period on 11:59 - Jan 2 with 686 viewsCiderwithRsie

And another thing - the team seems like a decent bunch of lads.

I honestly don't know if I want us promoted to the Premiership just to see either these decent blokes struggling out of their depth, or for them to be dumped while we throw money at trying to compete; but I love us being competitive, there being team spirit, of having our club back.

Honestly this is the best I've felt about QPR since the Warnock title season and the Holloway "cave" years. I'm just touching wood that financially we are on a sounder footing that back then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024