Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EZE to West Ham? 14:58 - Jan 3 with 9102 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about £20m transfer of Eze, this time to West Ham. To be honest if we got £20m from the Hammers that would be acceptable. For Eze it would be a good move for him and probably a better way to start his playing career in the Premier League. More likely to develop and actually be given a good opportunity to show his skills there. Also if it works out well for him a gateway to a bigger club in the future. Interesting to see if this rumour is a runner and whether Hugill will feature as a makeweight in any deal.
EZE to West Ham? on 15:15 - Jan 3 with 4386 viewsGloucs_R

Id take £17m plus Hughill

Poll: Are we staying up?

EZE to West Ham? on 15:17 - Jan 3 with 4383 viewsMistication92

£25m plus Hugill. Shouldn't be under 20.
EZE to West Ham? on 15:28 - Jan 3 with 4329 viewssmegma

Rumour or bull$hit.
EZE to West Ham? on 15:37 - Jan 3 with 4301 viewsGloucs_R

EZE to West Ham? on 15:28 - Jan 3 by smegma

Rumour or bull$hit.

It's from a "we should buy him" article

Poll: Are we staying up?

EZE to West Ham? on 15:52 - Jan 3 with 4228 viewsMedwayR

Eze would be better off going to someone like West Ham, Newcastle or Southampton as he'll get a lot more playing time. On the downside he'd be running the risk of fighting relegation.

Poll: Who’s better?

EZE to West Ham? on 16:51 - Jan 3 with 4071 views00calben

I agree with Meway & Northants that WHUFC would be a good next-step for Eze
EZE to West Ham? on 18:44 - Jan 3 with 3848 viewsShotKneesHoop

EZE to West Ham? on 16:51 - Jan 3 by 00calben

I agree with Meway & Northants that WHUFC would be a good next-step for Eze

In July yes. In January, it's a big no .... it's a disaster for both clubs.

Let Eze grow a bit more before he goes. And then the fee will be doubled at the end of the season, compared to what we will get for him in January.

So, let's have a Sterling style 10% sell on clause in any deal on anyone that leaves from now on. If only we'd done that wth Crouchy - he moved clubs almost every year. Now, that is the sort of 10% add on transfer player you really want to be grooming.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 18:49]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

EZE to West Ham? on 18:47 - Jan 3 with 3835 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sorry but I'm still rankling over the Sinclair and Impey "deal" so anywhere but West Ham for me thank you.

With other clubs such as Spurs and Arsenal allegedly interested, QPR need to encourage a bidding war.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 18:48]
Login to get fewer ads

EZE to West Ham? on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 3816 viewsBenny_the_Ball

EZE to West Ham? on 15:15 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

Id take £17m plus Hughill

No makeweights in any deal involving either West Ham or Spurs, thank you.
EZE to West Ham? on 18:54 - Jan 3 with 3796 viewsQPROslo

EZE to West Ham? on 18:47 - Jan 3 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry but I'm still rankling over the Sinclair and Impey "deal" so anywhere but West Ham for me thank you.

With other clubs such as Spurs and Arsenal allegedly interested, QPR need to encourage a bidding war.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 18:48]

Aye. And keep it going til the summer.
EZE to West Ham? on 19:30 - Jan 3 with 3700 viewscollegeranger

No chance - a flair player under Moyes! It would be a first!
EZE to West Ham? on 19:36 - Jan 3 with 3673 viewsWatford_Ranger

Much as I’d like us to sign Hugill, I’d guess his wages are well out of our reach and there’d be a “big spending” club willing to pay him more like what I’d assume he’s on (£30k+ at a guess).
EZE to West Ham? on 23:06 - Jan 3 with 3427 viewsEsox_Lucius

EZE to West Ham? on 19:36 - Jan 3 by Watford_Ranger

Much as I’d like us to sign Hugill, I’d guess his wages are well out of our reach and there’d be a “big spending” club willing to pay him more like what I’d assume he’s on (£30k+ at a guess).

WHU fans were saying he was on £45k a week with them and we are paying 50% of that to loan him. Wells is 50% of £40k I think.

The grass is always greener.

EZE to West Ham? on 23:52 - Jan 3 with 3365 viewsMetallica_Hoop

!f we get 15m plus Hugill i'll be delighted.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

EZE to West Ham? on 00:01 - Jan 4 with 3343 viewsGroveR

EZE to West Ham? on 23:52 - Jan 3 by Metallica_Hoop

!f we get 15m plus Hugill i'll be delighted.

If - big if - Hugill is on £45k a week we're committed to £9.3m on a 4 year contract. Does £15m look handy in that context?
EZE to West Ham? on 02:07 - Jan 4 with 3226 viewstimcocking

20m would be great, we normally seem to get more like 2! I can't see us being able to get that.

We must all realise we have to sell occasionally, but there is a big difference between selling when it suits us and being short sighted imo. Look at what we will have got for Alex Smithies, for example. Peanuts in the scheme of things i should imagine. We might be top of the table with him. Like when we sold Les that time...they can't say that was to make money, it cost us a fortune.

So yes, sell when we must, but for crying out loud i hope we stop bending over too much. These far flung european teams always seem to get 20 or 30 million for some 20 year old i've never heard of. A million quid won't change much, but the right player can literally make the difference between potentially getting out of this league and bringing in millions. You have to speculate to accumulate.

If we keep this team together and improve...you never know. We're playing bloody brilliantly at times.
EZE to West Ham? on 02:54 - Jan 4 with 3209 viewsDylanP

This rumour is bullsht

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

EZE to West Ham? on 09:55 - Jan 4 with 2894 viewsMetallica_Hoop

EZE to West Ham? on 00:01 - Jan 4 by GroveR

If - big if - Hugill is on £45k a week we're committed to £9.3m on a 4 year contract. Does £15m look handy in that context?

Good point.

No

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

EZE to West Ham? on 09:56 - Jan 4 with 2893 viewsDylanP

This press story sounds like complete nonsense to me. We have never sold anyone for anything like 20million. Charlie Austin came off a season as one of the top scorers in the Prem and only got us 5million. 20 million just sounds like silly money and idle talk.Its easy for agents and lazy journalists to throw around big numbers but there isn't a market for untested mid-table Championship players (even supremely talented ones like Eze) at that sort of price.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

EZE to West Ham? on 09:57 - Jan 4 with 2884 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

IF we are going to sell him, January when clubs are desperate and during a season we’re neither fighting relegation or gunning for playoffs seems the best time.
EZE to West Ham? on 11:43 - Jan 4 with 2779 viewsdistortR

EZE to West Ham? on 09:56 - Jan 4 by DylanP

This press story sounds like complete nonsense to me. We have never sold anyone for anything like 20million. Charlie Austin came off a season as one of the top scorers in the Prem and only got us 5million. 20 million just sounds like silly money and idle talk.Its easy for agents and lazy journalists to throw around big numbers but there isn't a market for untested mid-table Championship players (even supremely talented ones like Eze) at that sort of price.

the thing is, unlike smithies and freeman, there's a big media buzz around eze, he'll be something of a coup for whoever signs him, with maddison held as the benchmark both in ability and value.
EZE to West Ham? on 11:49 - Jan 4 with 2770 viewsgazza1

May get 15 million over a period of time,' add ons', but nobody will pay that sort of cash 'up front'.
EZE to West Ham? on 12:32 - Jan 4 with 2688 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

EZE to West Ham? on 11:49 - Jan 4 by gazza1

May get 15 million over a period of time,' add ons', but nobody will pay that sort of cash 'up front'.

Last summer Bristol City sold Adam Webster to Brighton for £20m. He's a 24 year old centre back that they'd signed 12 months prior for £3.5m. He's older than Eze, plays in a generally less lucrative position and has never been capped at u21 level.

They also sold Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth for £13m. He is the same age as Eze and has received his first U21 call up 6 months before Bournemouth coughed up. He's a left back that has played well under half the amount of league games that Eze has.

Neither player had been anywhere near the Premier League.

Austin was failing medicals, desperately wanted away and had only 5 months left on his contract.

Eze is completely different. We probably do need to sell, either this month or in the summer but when we do we absolutely MUST stretch the market value for young English players. I don't see any reason why he should be sold for anything less than the two players mentioned above. He plays a more valuable / expensive position, he's played more football and neither of them have anything on their resumes that Eze can't match or beat.

I'm nervous about this deal because this is one area we haven't been able to prove ourselves capable as a club. Each season transfer fees inflate at a ludicrous rate. Even by last season's standards we should be getting £20m - £25m. If we wait til the summer and he's still healthy, we should be pushing closer to £30m but nothing under £23m.

I'm sure it won't end up like that but I really can't see a reason his market value should be any less than Adam Webster's.
EZE to West Ham? on 12:49 - Jan 4 with 2655 views1JD

EZE to West Ham? on 09:56 - Jan 4 by DylanP

In a market where championship defenders like Adam Webster go from Bristol City to Brighton for 24m.

In a market where championship striker Ollie McBurnie goes from Swansea to Sheff Utd for 17m rising to 20m.

In a market where championship striker Che Adams goes from Brum to Saints for 15m.

In a market where number 10, England U20, David Brooks plays 30 games, scores 3 goals, and goes for 13m

In a market where number 10, England U21, James Madison plays 47 games, scores 15 goals, and goes for 24m

In a market where number 10, England U21, Ebere Eze plays 26 Games, Scores 10 goals, at just over the halfway point, and goes for....

The market dictates the value. As does the demand. In every category vs Eze, the James Madison transfer sets the benchmark;

- a player who had a breakout championship year
- a number 10 who created and scored
- an England u21 international
- a player who was only 21
- a player who went for 24m

Eze, is statistically in the top 3 championship players all season, and for the most part, #1. He will go for big money when the time is right for all parties. But for now let’s just enjoy his incredible talent!
EZE to West Ham? on 13:16 - Jan 4 with 2599 viewsDavieQPR

The other difference is we now sell because we want to not because we have to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024