Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McIntyre on Chair 09:34 - Sep 4 with 5685 viewsWestbourneR

He wrote this and it’s great analysis, I totally agree. I actually fancy him to play deeper actually, I’m not sure he’s got the flair for number 10

Really hope he kicks in this year.

‘Chair has obvious talent but much of his most eye-catching work still comes in areas where he can easily receive the ball.

In terms of his contribution in tighter areas, as well as in and around the penalty area, his game would need to improve as rapidly as key aspects of Osayi-Samuel’s did in order for Chair to be at a similar level this time next year.’

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McIntyre on Chair on 10:08 - Sep 4 with 5540 viewsPhilmyRs

I'm a big fan of Chair and agree with the Dave Mc analysis. Think he's a very tidy midfielder at the moment, often from deeper areas so not sure he's the "number 10" in the traditional QPR way.

I think Chair's development and how he adapts to life as the next big thing will be one of the most important moments for us. If he steps up, begins to impose himself on games and hits double figures on the goal count, we could be in for a great season. Any regression though and things could get ugly. I hope we back him and the other youngsters though.

Dykes, Amos, Thomas, Chair, Smyth, Manning, Kakay, Masterson, Lumley, Dickie, BOS (if he stays)...decent, exciting ages. They all won't make it of course but I hope we give them all a fair crack and importantly a bit of extra leeway to make the odd fck up.
McIntyre on Chair on 10:14 - Sep 4 with 5503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd like to see progression of course but I was delighted with him last season.

While I agree with the points made on here during the week that Eze's departure allows space for him to develop further I'd also be wary that Chair no longer has someone with Eze's vision and anticipation to feed off. In that regard, he may miss Eze more than the other players will.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McIntyre on Chair on 11:17 - Sep 4 with 5357 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

McIntyre on Chair on 10:14 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

While I agree with the points made on here during the week that Eze's departure allows space for him to develop further I'd also be wary that Chair no longer has someone with Eze's vision and anticipation to feed off. In that regard, he may miss Eze more than the other players will.

Agreed Brian. Eze’s departure does create opportunities for Chair and others but equally it could leave a void that we can’t fill. I suspect that even in the worst case we’ll be able to muddle our way to lower mid table.

Be good when the transfer window closes and we know exactly what we’re dealing with squad wise.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

McIntyre on Chair on 13:35 - Sep 4 with 4999 viewsDorse

I think Chair is one of those players that has the potential to be a nightmare to defend against. His centre of gravity means he can turn quicker than most, he has decent vision and awareness and isn't afraid of a pass.

If we can find the right role for him in the team, he could be hugely influential this season.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

McIntyre on Chair on 14:11 - Sep 4 with 4919 viewsflynnbo

The thread title seems like it's a new type of chat show!
McIntyre on Chair on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 4306 viewsDavieQPR

McIntyre on Chair on 11:17 - Sep 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agreed Brian. Eze’s departure does create opportunities for Chair and others but equally it could leave a void that we can’t fill. I suspect that even in the worst case we’ll be able to muddle our way to lower mid table.

Be good when the transfer window closes and we know exactly what we’re dealing with squad wise.

It's only 12 weeks to the next window.
McIntyre on Chair on 21:30 - Oct 5 with 4078 viewsMalintabuk

McIntyre on Chair on 21:09 - Oct 5 by DavieQPR

It's only 12 weeks to the next window.

On Saturday I got ripped for saying that at the moment Chair is struggling.
I wondered if he was being brought to his natural level now Eze left. He was such a good player Eze that he made others look good as well
I hope for us and for Chair himself he will find his feet and push on. But it might have to come pretty quickly as there is going to be real competition for forward places since the signings and with his past few performances he may be the one to miss out
I hope not
McIntyre on Chair on 21:42 - Oct 5 with 3973 viewsconnell10

McIntyre on Chair on 21:30 - Oct 5 by Malintabuk

On Saturday I got ripped for saying that at the moment Chair is struggling.
I wondered if he was being brought to his natural level now Eze left. He was such a good player Eze that he made others look good as well
I hope for us and for Chair himself he will find his feet and push on. But it might have to come pretty quickly as there is going to be real competition for forward places since the signings and with his past few performances he may be the one to miss out
I hope not

And as I said on Saturday 4 games? Leave it out and give the lad a chance .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

McIntyre on Chair on 22:31 - Oct 5 with 3704 viewsgolborne

He always shows for the ball, and is the best recycler of the ball we have at the club. He shouldn't be compared to Ebs, or BOS, as he's a completely different player to both - that's why those 3 complimented each other so well last year. In different ways they're both doers with the ball and he was always on hand to support when they were hitting a brick wall, or being tackled - always nipping in and cleaning up the scraps. He's probably my favourite player at the club, but I've not been a fan of him taking a pop whenever he gets space this season. He seems to be trying too hard, but maybe that's the responsibility he's been given. Regardless, he's key for possession and I can't see him as anything but a starter. Far too good to warm the bench at any club in this division, let alone us - but that's just my personal view, I know some prefer 4-4-2 get it down the wings and bang it in the box
McIntyre on Chair on 23:30 - Oct 5 with 3522 viewsrobith

McIntyre on Chair on 10:14 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I believe Eze and Chair also played a fair amount together in the u23s? You could deffo see in their play they had a lot of trust in each other and had a connection that had clearly been fostered outside of the first team
McIntyre on Chair on 23:38 - Oct 5 with 3499 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McIntyre on Chair on 23:30 - Oct 5 by robith

I believe Eze and Chair also played a fair amount together in the u23s? You could deffo see in their play they had a lot of trust in each other and had a connection that had clearly been fostered outside of the first team

Good point.

I thought he kept showing for the ball on Saturday and if he continues to do that he'll be fine.

McIntyre on Chair on 23:43 - Oct 5 with 3482 viewsqprxtc

A psychopathic killer tyre:

Actually, pretty decent.
McIntyre on Chair on 23:51 - Oct 5 with 3466 viewsbob566

I think of Bobby Firmino in chair. That link up player up top creating the goals and chipping in with a few. He ain't Bobby Firmino yet but I'd like to think he could get there
McIntyre on Chair on 10:41 - Oct 7 with 3092 viewsbosh67

I like him further up the pitch. He proved out on loan that he can hit a ball. He's not really been played forward and centrally here. Very clever with the ball.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McIntyre on Chair on 10:56 - Oct 7 with 3041 viewsStevenageRanger

McIntyre on Chair on 10:41 - Oct 7 by bosh67

I like him further up the pitch. He proved out on loan that he can hit a ball. He's not really been played forward and centrally here. Very clever with the ball.

He can hit a ball as seen at Stevenage. Its documented that Warbs has banned long range shooting therefore that part of his game has been suppressed.
McIntyre on Chair on 10:59 - Oct 7 with 3027 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McIntyre on Chair on 10:56 - Oct 7 by StevenageRanger

He can hit a ball as seen at Stevenage. Its documented that Warbs has banned long range shooting therefore that part of his game has been suppressed.

I think Warburton has discouraged it from a certain range out, not from 20-25. I think Chair has been hitting long-rangers, particularly when he cuts in from the left.

McIntyre on Chair on 11:11 - Oct 7 with 2996 viewsbosh67

McIntyre on Chair on 10:59 - Oct 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I think Warburton has discouraged it from a certain range out, not from 20-25. I think Chair has been hitting long-rangers, particularly when he cuts in from the left.

Whatever it is I think our forwards have to be braver. If they feel they can hit it... Hit it!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McIntyre on Chair on 11:16 - Oct 7 with 2977 viewsAntti_Heinola

I saw the title of this and thought it was going to be a link to a mass-market comedian going, 'you know when you sit on a chair, right, and it's too soft? And you kind of fold into it, like this!' *impression of being engulfed by chair* 'And you're like, I wanted to sit down not get eaten by furniture!'

Bare bones.

McIntyre on Chair on 11:24 - Oct 7 with 2960 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

McIntyre on Chair on 11:11 - Oct 7 by bosh67

Whatever it is I think our forwards have to be braver. If they feel they can hit it... Hit it!

I enjoyed his tap in vs Forest. Be just as happy to see him score more like that tbh.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

McIntyre on Chair on 11:25 - Oct 7 with 2960 viewsTacticalR

McIntyre on Chair on 23:30 - Oct 5 by robith

Chair was on the same wavelength as Eze and I've had the feeling in a few games this season that Chair is looking for someone to be in Eze's position on the edge of the box that he could do one-twos with and that there's nobody in quite the right position.

Air hostess clique

McIntyre on Chair on 13:16 - Oct 7 with 2777 viewstimcocking

Banned long range shooting?

Please God let that not be true.
McIntyre on Chair on 12:56 - Oct 25 with 2423 viewsTacticalR

Another thing Chair is missing is the occasional through ball from Eze so that Chair can get a shot away.

He's stuck in the area in front of the box trying to be the provider (and the sole source of creativity), but there's nobody to be the provider for him.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024