Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Self Head Shave 09:24 - Nov 9 with 2043 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone do it?

Can you recommend a decent set of clippers for the amateur self shearing?
Self Head Shave on 10:10 - Nov 9 with 1990 viewsstevec

You changed your politics?
Self Head Shave on 10:22 - Nov 9 with 1971 viewsQPRVAS

I recommend the Remington RX5 Ultimate Head Shaver. It's currently available from Argos at 49.99. Item Code is 341/4239. I own this shaver and it is so easy to use.
Self Head Shave on 10:49 - Nov 9 with 1926 viewsstowmarketrange

I buy a cheap pair from Argos every year and probably ruin them by shaving my beard with them as well as my hair.I don’t normally do the simple things though like oiling the blades or keeping it free from clippings with the brush supplied.
Self Head Shave on 11:03 - Nov 9 with 1901 viewsbosh67

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-MEN-Super-Clipper-Hair/dp/B07TMP3G61/ref=asc_d

Very good!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Self Head Shave on 11:16 - Nov 9 with 1853 viewsswitchingcode

Self Head Shave on 11:03 - Nov 9 by bosh67

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-MEN-Super-Clipper-Hair/dp/B07TMP3G61/ref=asc_d

Very good!

Best of the rest over the years I’ve been a baldy
Self Head Shave on 11:20 - Nov 9 with 1846 viewsWokingR

I've used one of these several times a week and it's lasted over 20 years.
https://www.babyliss.co.uk/super-clipper-xtp-hair-clipper-7475DU.html#start=4
It does head, beard, nuts, the lot
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 11:21]
Self Head Shave on 12:24 - Nov 9 with 1748 viewsflynnbo

Self Head Shave on 11:20 - Nov 9 by WokingR

I've used one of these several times a week and it's lasted over 20 years.
https://www.babyliss.co.uk/super-clipper-xtp-hair-clipper-7475DU.html#start=4
It does head, beard, nuts, the lot
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 11:21]

Hair, hair.
Self Head Shave on 14:35 - Nov 9 with 1660 viewsSimonJames

I use a Wahl. Plenty of options/offers for those on Amazon at the moment.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Self Head Shave on 15:08 - Nov 9 with 1619 viewsBoston

Oi Baz, you need sackcloth and ashes?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Self Head Shave on 15:09 - Nov 9 with 1611 viewsBoston

Self Head Shave on 15:08 - Nov 9 by Boston

...or a lollipop?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Self Head Shave on 15:56 - Nov 9 with 1563 viewslarsricchi

Self Head Shave on 14:35 - Nov 9 by SimonJames

I use a Wahl. Plenty of options/offers for those on Amazon at the moment.

Another Wahl user here. I oil the blades once in a blue moon and have had no issues. Don't remember what I paid for the kit, but I know it wasn't very expensive.
Self Head Shave on 16:21 - Nov 9 with 1531 viewsMatch82

Self Head Shave on 15:56 - Nov 9 by larsricchi

Another Wahl user here. I oil the blades once in a blue moon and have had no issues. Don't remember what I paid for the kit, but I know it wasn't very expensive.

Yeah me too. Have had the same set for at least five years, don't clip it that often maybe every couple months just on the longest setting all over. Hard to go too badly wrong.
Self Head Shave on 20:07 - Nov 9 with 1420 viewsThe_Beast1976

Bought cheap clippers in Tescos in 2000. They're still going strong despite cutting a zero every week or two
Self Head Shave on 00:37 - Nov 10 with 1329 viewsDannyPaddox

I visit a barber once a fortnight or once a month depending on my mood (and national pandemic-related lockdowns). A hot towel shave on me bonce and a beard trim - it's the best thing. I don't tell them how much I enjoy it because if I did and they charged me double I'd still pay for it. Also means I get an extra 20 minutes in bed every morning and don't have to stare at my semi-sentient reflection as soon I've got up. Win-win. Trim-trim.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 10:52]
Self Head Shave on 00:40 - Nov 10 with 1326 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Self Head Shave on 15:08 - Nov 9 by Boston

Usually, according to the Mrs.
Self Head Shave on 10:48 - Nov 10 with 1195 viewsswisscottage

I've being shaving my own for 20 years.

I was using a Wahl, but this year I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00APXR4PQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s0

And quite frankly they are superb. Much better than the Wahl's I was using. I thanked my cleaner for accidentally throwing out my Wahls, once I started using the Andis.
Self Head Shave on 13:13 - Nov 10 with 1114 viewsA40Bosh

Self Head Shave on 00:37 - Nov 10 by DannyPaddox

I visit a barber once a fortnight or once a month depending on my mood (and national pandemic-related lockdowns). A hot towel shave on me bonce and a beard trim - it's the best thing. I don't tell them how much I enjoy it because if I did and they charged me double I'd still pay for it. Also means I get an extra 20 minutes in bed every morning and don't have to stare at my semi-sentient reflection as soon I've got up. Win-win. Trim-trim.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 10:52]

Outside of lockdown there is a new barbers opened up the road from me and I just decided to pop in and get a quick zero and a beard trim as a treat. Without even asking I got the full treatment of hot towels both before and after shave, and a neck, head and face massage. Oils and sprays going on all over the place. Felt a million dollars after being in the chair for nearly 30mins I reckon. I thought I am gonna get rightly striped of a few quid for all this "spa" treatment - when he charged me £20 I thought that was pretty decent.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024