Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS contract 08:10 - Nov 18 with 5003 viewsGloucs_R

Had anyone heard anything?

Poll: Are we staying up?

BOS contract on 09:44 - Nov 18 with 3478 viewsdaveB

heard nothing but from Brights point of view the January window is open in a few weeks and he probably has a better chance of a premier league move if he continues to wait.

Personally think his form has been nowhere near good enough to get the move he wants since March so he'll either get a sideways move like Manning or just sign the bloody thing
BOS contract on 10:30 - Nov 18 with 3384 viewsLowerloftLad

been thinking this for a while i cant see him signing a new deal. he would have signed one by now if he was planning on staying i have a feeling he will end up at either Celtic or rangers at the end of January.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 10:32]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

BOS contract on 11:36 - Nov 18 with 3269 viewsnix

BOS contract on 10:30 - Nov 18 by LowerloftLad

been thinking this for a while i cant see him signing a new deal. he would have signed one by now if he was planning on staying i have a feeling he will end up at either Celtic or rangers at the end of January.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 10:32]

I agree that it's looking increasingly unlikely that he'll sign. On the positive side Willock and Adomah are timely additions to the squad and while not direct replacements because of how deadly his pace can be, at least make his loss not quite so dire.

Personally I can understand why players want to make as much as they can from their own talemt. He's not a Assou Ekotu who's stolen a living from us. He's mainly looked like he's putting in a shift. I'm still not sure whether it's best for their long term development to go to a club where you're less likely to play; he'd probably be better off signing a contract and playing for us for one more season and leaving for a better club as a finished product. For as many Kane's, Sterling's etc there's a Patrick Roberts or Josh Bowler. But I doubt whether his self-interested agent is telling him that.
BOS contract on 11:38 - Nov 18 with 3260 viewsLazyFan

What he has done is hold up the ball as an outlet for us. And also pin their defence back as he has pace.

However, Willock looked good last time out and could possibly be fit enough now for a proper start with Uncle on the other wing. This allows Chair to support Dykes (but he needs to right up their next to him and not fair away).

I think BOS will go to Celtic or Bournemouth as they can get him cheap and he gets more money and a step up. If its a top Champ club also a chance at the Prem. Of course, for a young lad who seems to be a lover of London life-style, this is big challenge to go to these strange out of the way exotic places with backwards facilities such as slow smut-band, candidate partners who cannot pay their own way, nowhere to hide in the melee of millions of people and only 30 nightclubs max.

What to do?

zzzzzzzzzz

BOS contract on 13:07 - Nov 18 with 3059 viewsstainrods_elbow

BOS contract on 11:38 - Nov 18 by LazyFan

What he has done is hold up the ball as an outlet for us. And also pin their defence back as he has pace.

However, Willock looked good last time out and could possibly be fit enough now for a proper start with Uncle on the other wing. This allows Chair to support Dykes (but he needs to right up their next to him and not fair away).

I think BOS will go to Celtic or Bournemouth as they can get him cheap and he gets more money and a step up. If its a top Champ club also a chance at the Prem. Of course, for a young lad who seems to be a lover of London life-style, this is big challenge to go to these strange out of the way exotic places with backwards facilities such as slow smut-band, candidate partners who cannot pay their own way, nowhere to hide in the melee of millions of people and only 30 nightclubs max.

What to do?

Why are Bournemouth (and arguably Celtic) self-evidently 'a step up'? The Scottish Prem is mostly sub-Championship level, and Bournemouth were in the same division as us last time I checked. If BOS and his agent had any sense, he'd sign up, get his head down, concentrate on having a swashbuckling season with us, and see where that takes him and, more importantly, us. Sadly, as the likes of Bowler, Sterling and Eze show us, QPR are a stepping stone, our players (home-grown or bought in) can't wait to jump off quicker than a Joey Barton yellow card as soon as there's money and 'status' to be had - with as much help as possible from the business operation, for which something as old-fashioned as football increasingly seems to operate as no more than a shop front in the modern game. And then our Chief Exec wonders why we can't fill a few paltry seats in the Lower Loft with kids who want to come back - go figure!

Sorry, i'm 'fulminating' again - must put on a smiley face!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 13:13]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

BOS contract on 13:14 - Nov 18 with 3050 viewshantssi

BOS contract on 13:07 - Nov 18 by stainrods_elbow

Why are Bournemouth (and arguably Celtic) self-evidently 'a step up'? The Scottish Prem is mostly sub-Championship level, and Bournemouth were in the same division as us last time I checked. If BOS and his agent had any sense, he'd sign up, get his head down, concentrate on having a swashbuckling season with us, and see where that takes him and, more importantly, us. Sadly, as the likes of Bowler, Sterling and Eze show us, QPR are a stepping stone, our players (home-grown or bought in) can't wait to jump off quicker than a Joey Barton yellow card as soon as there's money and 'status' to be had - with as much help as possible from the business operation, for which something as old-fashioned as football increasingly seems to operate as no more than a shop front in the modern game. And then our Chief Exec wonders why we can't fill a few paltry seats in the Lower Loft with kids who want to come back - go figure!

Seriously, what is your issue?
The club can’t force him to sign can they?!
BOS contract on 13:32 - Nov 18 with 2994 viewsNorthantsHoop

The club seem to be doing the right thing, keep him playing and see what happens, we are not going to get massive money for him now. With the 5 substitute option re-introduced that opens more chances to replace BOS in starting 11 if his game is off. Love the look of Willock, he is a prospect, be worth giving him a start.
BOS contract on 13:33 - Nov 18 with 2986 viewsTheChef

He never calls any more...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

BOS contract on 14:22 - Nov 18 with 2868 viewsLazyFan

Good question.

Celtic are a step up as one can claim Champ League football (even if they always go out straight away), more money and the possibility of a move to the Prem. Sometimes it happens.

Bournemouth is step up as they are looking like auto-promotion hopes albeit its early days so, BOS could take some more money and the risk that they go up. We know QPR won't go up and he might miss out on a move later to the Prem moving there, but on the other hand, he may get a hefty contract for 4 years (securing lots more money in time of no money) and possibly 2-3 chances with Bournemouth of getting into the Prem.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer him to sign a 3+1. But I think he will wait until Jan and see what offers come in. I suspect he will get better money offer and promo chances wise than QPR and he will be off.

zzzzzzzzzz

BOS contract on 14:36 - Nov 18 with 2834 viewskensalriser

Every club is only a stepping stone for a player with the ability to get a contract at a more successful and higher paying club. Been that way for decades if not forever.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BOS contract on 14:54 - Nov 18 with 2804 viewsbosh67

If he doesn't sign in the next week or so then I guess we will offload him in the next window. With Manning and it seems BOS the club is sticking to a wage policy and perhaps in retrospect it was a fault was to make such a big deal of them not playing if they wouldn't sign a new contract. They still had the season to play on one and perhaps it wouldn't have signalled that we were struggling to get them to sign, opening the door for others to simply step in at a very low price. I suspect we'll get £250K for BOS like Manning with a few add ons but the idea of them being worth millions was blown when they were dropped and their agents banged the 'out of contract' drum. Not that I think the stance was wrong but it became public very quickly and put us on the back foot.

I agree with most in here. BOS has big potential but apart from brute speed hasn't shown the guile he did mid last season. Manning was on fire, has gone to Swansea for better wages and is now sat on the bench. The advisors to these players are fecking useless really. Both players would have benefitted from a few more seasons here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS contract on 14:58 - Nov 18 with 2783 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS contract on 14:54 - Nov 18 by bosh67

If he doesn't sign in the next week or so then I guess we will offload him in the next window. With Manning and it seems BOS the club is sticking to a wage policy and perhaps in retrospect it was a fault was to make such a big deal of them not playing if they wouldn't sign a new contract. They still had the season to play on one and perhaps it wouldn't have signalled that we were struggling to get them to sign, opening the door for others to simply step in at a very low price. I suspect we'll get £250K for BOS like Manning with a few add ons but the idea of them being worth millions was blown when they were dropped and their agents banged the 'out of contract' drum. Not that I think the stance was wrong but it became public very quickly and put us on the back foot.

I agree with most in here. BOS has big potential but apart from brute speed hasn't shown the guile he did mid last season. Manning was on fire, has gone to Swansea for better wages and is now sat on the bench. The advisors to these players are fecking useless really. Both players would have benefitted from a few more seasons here.

As BOS is under 24 we'd get a lot more than 250k if he were to leave on a Bosman, so with that in mind not sure we'd accept a figure like that in January, Bosh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS contract on 15:02 - Nov 18 with 2775 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS contract on 14:58 - Nov 18 by BrianMcCarthy

As BOS is under 24 we'd get a lot more than 250k if he were to leave on a Bosman, so with that in mind not sure we'd accept a figure like that in January, Bosh.

I agree with you Brian. We have already had one offer of 4.5 million euro, or whatever, so if he is going to go in January then the new offer needs to be at least 50% of that or more, maybe as add ons.
BOS contract on 18:17 - Nov 18 with 2556 viewshantssi

BOS contract on 15:02 - Nov 18 by francisbowles

I agree with you Brian. We have already had one offer of 4.5 million euro, or whatever, so if he is going to go in January then the new offer needs to be at least 50% of that or more, maybe as add ons.

Can’t see what the issue is with the club on this, we accepted the Brugge bid but BOS chose not to leave.
Just like we can’t force him to sign a new contract we can’t force him to leave but some just can’t see it.
BOS contract on 19:16 - Nov 18 with 2447 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS contract on 18:17 - Nov 18 by hantssi

Can’t see what the issue is with the club on this, we accepted the Brugge bid but BOS chose not to leave.
Just like we can’t force him to sign a new contract we can’t force him to leave but some just can’t see it.

hantssi

Not sure if you meant to reply to my post but fwiw, I agree and can see exactly that.

All Brian and I were saying was we (the club) don't have to accept any offer in January that we consider too low. We can keep BOS until the end of the season and then take our chances with the compensation tribunal.
BOS contract on 19:30 - Nov 18 with 2435 viewsLowerloftLad

if bos was to go on a bosman. would we still have to pay Blackpool?. considering they have a sell on fee or could we get around this as he has signed a on free and we then recieved a bosman deal ?.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 19:33]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

BOS contract on 19:40 - Nov 18 with 2403 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS contract on 19:30 - Nov 18 by LowerloftLad

if bos was to go on a bosman. would we still have to pay Blackpool?. considering they have a sell on fee or could we get around this as he has signed a on free and we then recieved a bosman deal ?.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 19:33]

Ohhhh, good question!

Lads - Nick de Marco's in the house.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS contract on 20:41 - Nov 18 with 2318 viewshantssi

BOS contract on 19:16 - Nov 18 by francisbowles

hantssi

Not sure if you meant to reply to my post but fwiw, I agree and can see exactly that.

All Brian and I were saying was we (the club) don't have to accept any offer in January that we consider too low. We can keep BOS until the end of the season and then take our chances with the compensation tribunal.

Sorry FB, I was actually agreeing with you, I was referring to the €4.5M that you mentioned and was agreeing with.
Some seem to think that the club are wrong no matter what!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 21:01]
BOS contract on 23:57 - Nov 18 with 2110 viewsdavman

Looking like he'll sign a pre-agreement with someone in January.

Face it, guys - he's running his contract down, the club know it, but (hopefully) have decided to let him play for the rest of this season.

Shame.

I have high hopes for Willock though - he was awesome when he came on against Blackburn and Uncs is looking like a potential Player of the Season if he can make it past the 60 minute mark although with 5 subs being allowed now (Forest WILL be happy), I doubt that'll happen...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BOS contract on 00:14 - Nov 19 with 2086 viewsSydneyRs

Celtic normally play in front of 60,000 at home, despite the poor quality of the league. They also play in Europe every season, a chance to get spotted by the big clubs, and would pay more than us.

Bournemouth would also be able to pay more given the parachute payments and some big player sales. Also a decent chance of promotion.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 0:14]
BOS contract on 04:44 - Nov 19 with 2008 viewsstainrods_elbow

BOS contract on 14:36 - Nov 18 by kensalriser

Every club is only a stepping stone for a player with the ability to get a contract at a more successful and higher paying club. Been that way for decades if not forever.

There's romance for you! The likes of Alan McDonald would be turning in his grave.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

BOS contract on 07:08 - Nov 19 with 1992 viewsTonto

BOS contract on 04:44 - Nov 19 by stainrods_elbow

There's romance for you! The likes of Alan McDonald would be turning in his grave.

For someone who allegedly supports QPR your anti QPR trolling is quite risible.

Let's go back tonthe March era shall we. I can think of at least 2 players who were part of his team who used us as a stepping stone, Paul Parker and David Seaman. So even in Macca's day it happened.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

BOS contract on 07:56 - Nov 19 with 1947 viewsdistortR

BOS contract on 07:08 - Nov 19 by Tonto

For someone who allegedly supports QPR your anti QPR trolling is quite risible.

Let's go back tonthe March era shall we. I can think of at least 2 players who were part of his team who used us as a stepping stone, Paul Parker and David Seaman. So even in Macca's day it happened.

BOS contract on 12:01 - Nov 19 with 1757 viewskensalriser

BOS contract on 04:44 - Nov 19 by stainrods_elbow

Well if you're looking for exceptions there's always Matt LeTissier and doubtless others. But they're exceptions.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BOS contract on 14:15 - Nov 19 with 1571 viewswombat

BOS contract on 12:01 - Nov 19 by kensalriser

Well if you're looking for exceptions there's always Matt LeTissier and doubtless others. But they're exceptions.

think we always going to get our pants pulled down on this , manning made an example of yet BOS prob becuase his poetential value is more can play, makes MW lookm tad silly me thinks play one bin the other one

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024