Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 coming up 13:13 - Mar 15 with 2440 viewstoboboly

So looking to next season who do we think is coming up?

Personally I would like;

Peterborough
Lincoln
Accrington

All because they are grounds I am yet to do, for some reason never managed Peterborough.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League 1 coming up on 13:18 - Mar 15 with 2415 viewsNorthernr

Lincoln would be a belting day. Had a little wobble recently sadly.
TBF there isn't really a bad trip in the top ten of that league atm. Would like Ipswich back.
League 1 coming up on 13:23 - Mar 15 with 2392 viewsTheChef

League 1 coming up on 13:18 - Mar 15 by Northernr

TBF there isn't really a bad trip in the top ten of that league atm. Would like Ipswich back.

Peterborough is a nice little trip, right by the station. I assume though the away terrace is no longer standing, which would be a shame.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League 1 coming up on 13:32 - Mar 15 with 2352 viewsstowmarketrange

League 1 coming up on 13:23 - Mar 15 by TheChef

Peterborough is a nice little trip, right by the station. I assume though the away terrace is no longer standing, which would be a shame.

Yes it’s all seating in the away end now.
I’d like 3 trips to Newcastle next season,so Sunderland,Peterborough And Lincoln would be ok for me.I’ve been to Hull for the last 3 games and it’s a bugger to get to.Ipswich can stay down another season for me,just to annoy their fans even more.
League 1 coming up on 13:32 - Mar 15 with 2351 viewsShotKneesHoop

There is a fantastic pie shop on the top of the hill in Lincoln - some good pubs there as well. Easy journey on the trains out of London via Peterborough
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 13:38]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

League 1 coming up on 13:34 - Mar 15 with 2338 viewsNorthernr

League 1 coming up on 13:32 - Mar 15 by ShotKneesHoop

There is a fantastic pie shop on the top of the hill in Lincoln - some good pubs there as well. Easy journey on the trains out of London via Peterborough
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 13:38]

They do a direct one from Kings Cross now too, no need to change at Newark.
League 1 coming up on 13:35 - Mar 15 with 2333 viewsloftboy

I think Ipswich may sneak up in the play offs, seeing as I’m moving out east would be ideal!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

League 1 coming up on 13:35 - Mar 15 with 2323 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Charters "- which is the pub in the old Germain grain barge moored on the River Nene is close to the ground and does a fantastic range of real ales in the gunwales, Also there is also Thai food on the top deck. Another club to pray that they get promoted for all the right reasons.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 16:40]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

League 1 coming up on 13:36 - Mar 15 with 2323 viewsBAWHoops

Mad how long Peterborough have been down there

It seems the League 1 promotion race is forever taking place between Pboro, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton.... with Rotherham and Barnsley ending up getting promoted every season

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 coming up on 13:39 - Mar 15 with 2302 viewsR_from_afar

I haven't been to many away grounds by most people's standards but I have been to Peterborough's ground. When my mate and I went, we had seats, the only ones we have ever experienced which were more cramped than at HQ. Perhaps we were just unlucky.

I went in search of snacks at halftime and if I remember rightly, the "kiosk" was a whitewashed, microscopic, windowless cave somewhere in the bowels of the stadium and was staffed by two 14 year old girls.

Message ends.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

League 1 coming up on 13:46 - Mar 15 with 2271 viewsterryb

Obviously, I would quite like Ipswich to stay where they are. A few weeks ago I was asked if they would be promoted & I replied they had no chance! That has now changed & they are on a good run whilst others are fading.

If they are promoted, the good news is that Issacs has weathered Covid & will be re-opening in May, so I'm sure a fair few of us will once again gather in the courtyard!

Lincoln would be good weekend visit, combining culture & my first visit to Sincil Bank. Or have they moved from there? It could be the annual away game for our little group with Beth's & my partners visiting the Cathedral while we enjoy ourselves!
League 1 coming up on 13:57 - Mar 15 with 2222 viewsNorthernr

League 1 coming up on 13:46 - Mar 15 by terryb

Obviously, I would quite like Ipswich to stay where they are. A few weeks ago I was asked if they would be promoted & I replied they had no chance! That has now changed & they are on a good run whilst others are fading.

If they are promoted, the good news is that Issacs has weathered Covid & will be re-opening in May, so I'm sure a fair few of us will once again gather in the courtyard!

Lincoln would be good weekend visit, combining culture & my first visit to Sincil Bank. Or have they moved from there? It could be the annual away game for our little group with Beth's & my partners visiting the Cathedral while we enjoy ourselves!

Yeh Lincoln still at Sincil Bank. I went round the roof of the cathedral last time I was there which was pretty fascinating/miraculous how it bloody stays up.
League 1 coming up on 13:57 - Mar 15 with 2217 viewsBoston

I know who’s probably coming up but I’d prefer...

Lincoln
Oxford
Portsmouth.

Ipswich and Charlton wouldn’t upset me either.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

League 1 coming up on 14:08 - Mar 15 with 2181 viewsLongsufferingR

League 1 coming up on 13:39 - Mar 15 by R_from_afar

I haven't been to many away grounds by most people's standards but I have been to Peterborough's ground. When my mate and I went, we had seats, the only ones we have ever experienced which were more cramped than at HQ. Perhaps we were just unlucky.

I went in search of snacks at halftime and if I remember rightly, the "kiosk" was a whitewashed, microscopic, windowless cave somewhere in the bowels of the stadium and was staffed by two 14 year old girls.

Message ends.

You remember well. Those wooden seats at the side of the pitch were something else, but the toilets were almost indescribable. Consisted of a urinal to fit 3 people rubbing shoulders for the whole away following. Was like walking into a washing machine filled with urine.
League 1 coming up on 14:10 - Mar 15 with 2176 viewstoboboly

Dunno about another away trip to Hull. I'm happy not doing that again!

Also I have done Donny to death, so that for that reason they can stay down.

League 1 coming up on 14:11 - Mar 15 with 2174 viewsNorthernr

League 1 coming up on 14:10 - Mar 15 by toboboly

I'd be surprised if they came up tbh, been on a bit of a wane since Whiteman left and Moore gone too now.
League 1 coming up on 14:38 - Mar 15 with 2074 viewsTonto

Don't want Sunderland, Hull or Portsmouth. Would prefer some of the smaller clubs without the attitude to come up.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

League 1 coming up on 15:07 - Mar 15 with 1988 viewsTheChef

League 1 coming up on 14:10 - Mar 15 by toboboly

Would like Donny to come back, just to visit this quality hostelry:

https://leopard-doncaster.co.uk/

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League 1 coming up on 15:45 - Mar 15 with 1899 viewstoboboly

The worst 3 for me would be Hull, Donny and Sunderland.

League 1 coming up on 18:24 - Mar 15 with 1756 viewsR_from_afar

League 1 coming up on 14:08 - Mar 15 by LongsufferingR

You remember well. Those wooden seats at the side of the pitch were something else, but the toilets were almost indescribable. Consisted of a urinal to fit 3 people rubbing shoulders for the whole away following. Was like walking into a washing machine filled with urine.

Great post!

For descriptions of truly horrific away day experiences, I refer you to this excellent book.
https://timparks.com/non-fiction/a-season-with-verona/

Example: For Verona's trip to Napoli, the away fans are forcibly bussed, using a circuitous route, to a holding area where they are made to stand in the open air on waste ground, in 30 degree plus heat, for over three hours, with no facilities whatsoever

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

League 1 coming up on 18:35 - Mar 15 with 1741 viewsNorthernr

League 1 coming up on 18:24 - Mar 15 by R_from_afar

Great post!

For descriptions of truly horrific away day experiences, I refer you to this excellent book.

Example: For Verona's trip to Napoli, the away fans are forcibly bussed, using a circuitous route, to a holding area where they are made to stand in the open air on waste ground, in 30 degree plus heat, for over three hours, with no facilities whatsoever

Read that again during the lockdown, absolutely outstanding.
League 1 coming up on 18:41 - Mar 15 with 1730 viewslightwaterhoop

Great post!

Another vote for 'A season with Verona' Now that would be a great away trip! wonderful city.
League 1 coming up on 18:54 - Mar 15 with 1698 viewsMaggsinho

League 1 coming up on 18:35 - Mar 15 by Northernr

Read that again during the lockdown, absolutely outstanding.

Yep, terrific. My favourite football book.
League 1 coming up on 21:35 - Mar 15 with 1570 viewsstowmarketrange

Great post!

I’ve been to a Napoli game,but in the home stands,complete with my Napoli fans club of London scarf,and we were well treated by everyone we met.Unfortunately I was persuaded to swap my £12 scarf with one of theirs,that was worth a fraction of mine,but it seemed the sensible thing to do at the time.
They played AC Milan,who had Adel playing for them then.There was a little pocket of away fans well caged in to avoid meeting any locals.I guess it isn’t a welcoming place for visiting fans but the atmosphere as all 3 Napoli goals went in was tremendous.

I’ve also done the san Siro for the Milan derby in the 90’s and that was a good night,slightly spoilt by Inter scoring the only goal in the 6th minute.

Also we’ve been to the stadia olimpico for the rugby a couple of times.That is a reasonably good stadium with statues outside that you wouldn’t think would be next to a sports ground.I bet it is a totally different atmosphere for football though,as there are loads of places to ambush rival fans if
they wanted to.
They don’t tend to get many away fans travelling for games for a number of reasons,the threat of violence being a major one.
League 1 coming up on 22:41 - Mar 15 with 1480 viewsMyke

Two months ago, the heading would have been a statement, or at the very least a prediction.
League 1 coming up on 23:18 - Mar 15 with 1449 viewsPeterHucker

Lincoln definitely, never seen us play there.

I've seen us play at Doncaster a couple of times (including getting knocked out of the FA Cup there in the 80s!)
But there are some decent pubs round there so I'd be happy to go back.

Accrington Stanley for the playoffs for the same reason as Lincoln.

Seen us a few times at Hull, Sunderland, Peterborough and not bothered about going back to any of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024