Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kudos to Norway 19:43 - Mar 26 with 3906 viewsbellomatic

Impressed by the Norway team for protesting about Qatar's human rights:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56516109

Do you reckon we'll see any English players following their example?

Kudos to Norway on 20:17 - Mar 26 with 3261 viewsMyke

I agree with the sentiment but not with politicising sport
Kudos to Norway on 20:24 - Mar 26 with 3241 viewstoboboly

I think Germany did something similar too. Won't matter cos the players won't bribe FIFA

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Kudos to Norway on 20:30 - Mar 26 with 3235 viewsRanger_Things

Good for Norway.
Kudos to Norway on 20:54 - Mar 26 with 3196 viewsTomS

In the meantime, while other teams are protesting against Qatar's treatment of workers building the stadia, FIFA have organised a friendly between Qatar and us for Tuesday night!

So what message is "football" sending to the fans?
Kudos to Norway on 21:11 - Mar 26 with 3157 viewsBoston

Kudos to Norway on 20:54 - Mar 26 by TomS

In the meantime, while other teams are protesting against Qatar's treatment of workers building the stadia, FIFA have organised a friendly between Qatar and us for Tuesday night!

The Golden Rule.

Those that have the gold, make the rules.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kudos to Norway on 21:29 - Mar 26 with 3125 viewsted_hendrix

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Kudos to Norway on 23:25 - Mar 26 with 3038 viewsGloryHunter

Kudos to Norway on 20:17 - Mar 26 by Myke

When you have football teams representing nation states then the sport has already been politicised.
Kudos to Norway on 23:38 - Mar 26 with 3018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kudos to Norway on 23:25 - Mar 26 by GloryHunter

When you have football teams representing nation states then the sport has already been politicised.

Interesting. Never thought about it that way.

Also - a team going to the World Cup without commenting is just as political as a team that does comment or refuses to go. Silence and complicity by informed people(s) is also a political decision.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Kudos to Norway on 23:41 - Mar 26 with 3011 viewsBoston

Kudos to Norway on 21:29 - Mar 26 by ted_hendrix

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives.

I'm going to promote that as the Massachusetts state anthem...when I'm retired.

Kudos to Norway on 23:42 - Mar 26 with 3007 viewsqprxtc

Are they the next Frankie Goes to Hollywood?
Kudos to Norway on 23:44 - Mar 26 with 2999 viewsBoston

Kudos to Norway on 23:25 - Mar 26 by GloryHunter

Tend to agree Gloria.

Kudos to Norway on 10:09 - Mar 27 with 2847 viewsfrancisbowles

I hope that Ireland make their own protest.

This world cup should never have been awarded and as they seem to have done little to put their 'house in order' should be boycotted and hopefully cancelled.

We allowed the last one to continue with a corrupt regime and have seen other major sporting events taking place in countries led by regimes who tread on the human rights of some or all of their people.

It is hard to find any improvement in the behaviour of these nations after they held their propaganda fuelled events. We need to learn this lesson.
Kudos to Norway on 10:54 - Mar 27 with 2815 viewsGloryHunter

Kudos to Norway on 10:09 - Mar 27 by francisbowles

I hope that Ireland make their own protest.

This world cup should never have been awarded and as they seem to have done little to put their 'house in order' should be boycotted and hopefully cancelled.

We allowed the last one to continue with a corrupt regime and have seen other major sporting events taking place in countries led by regimes who tread on the human rights of some or all of their people.

It is hard to find any improvement in the behaviour of these nations after they held their propaganda fuelled events. We need to learn this lesson.

It was also awarded to Qatar by / under the leadership of Sepp Blatter, now disgraced. It's his legacy.
Kudos to Norway on 11:00 - Mar 27 with 2804 viewsted_hendrix

Kudos to Norway on 10:54 - Mar 27 by GloryHunter

It was also awarded to Qatar by / under the leadership of Sepp Blatter, now disgraced. It's his legacy.

News from three days ago; Former FIFA chief Sepp Blatter given new six year, eight month ban from football.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Kudos to Norway on 11:04 - Mar 27 with 2798 viewsthemodfather

well done to norway and germany for their "protests" 1000s have died working to build stadia in the desert, of which most will be taken down asap after the games? what a waste of life and money and fifa really should feel ashamed at this choice, but hey the "money flows" eh! players at the Qatar games should insist on a minutes silence for every death and then see how long it takes. then the kneeling and anthems!
Kudos to Norway on 20:03 - Mar 30 with 2519 viewsGloryHunter

Interesting piece on this, by the editor of a Norwegian football magazine:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/30/norway-boycott-qatar-world
Kudos to Norway on 09:33 - Apr 1 with 2326 viewsfrancisbowles

Kudos to Norway on 20:03 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/30/norway-boycott-qatar-world

Thanks for posting. It will be interesting to see if this movement continues to grow.
Kudos to Norway on 09:45 - Apr 1 with 2309 viewsDannyPaddox

Ireland have categorically stated (via the medium of their first two qualifying results) they will be boycotting the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
Kudos to Norway on 10:15 - Apr 1 with 2278 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kudos to Norway on 09:45 - Apr 1 by DannyPaddox

Ireland have categorically stated (via the medium of their first two qualifying results) they will be boycotting the Qatar 2022 World Cup.

You kick us?
We're lying here prone in the gutter and you kick us?
Do we not bleed?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kudos to Norway on 10:27 - Apr 1 with 2268 viewsstowmarketrange

Kudos to Norway on 20:03 - Mar 30 by GloryHunter

Surely it’s better for the migrant workers to lose their jobs rather than their lives?
And we can all do our bit to help the cause by not buying all the £millions of souvenirs that normally come out at World Cup time.
Make the b@stards pay financially for allowing this to happen.Every T-shirt bought helps to fund these corrupt parasites at the top of FIFA.
Kudos to Norway on 10:31 - Apr 1 with 2254 viewsrobith

Kudos to Norway on 20:17 - Mar 26 by Myke

Yeah, don't want people being treated like slaves to take my mind off me enjoying the footers!!! IN DA MIXER
Kudos to Norway on 10:56 - Apr 1 with 2221 viewsDannyPaddox

Kudos to Norway on 10:15 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

You kick us?
We're lying here prone in the gutter and you kick us?
Do we not bleed?

Us? You? Them? Me? This is self-flaggelation. A dirty job but someone’s gotta do it.

I’m already more interested in the 2021 African Cup of Nations in Cameroon and can Senegal’s finest win the goalkeeper of the tournament award.

Fck Qatar!
Kudos to Norway on 11:17 - Apr 1 with 2177 viewsdaveB

Any protest is at least 3 years too late on this to make any difference
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 11:18]
Kudos to Norway on 11:26 - Apr 1 with 2158 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Just about everybody is in agreement that FIFA are corrupt and it's all well and good having their photos taken in their freshly printed tee shirts. But to then play a game of football were the objective of the game is to win the chance of playing in the very competition that they are "protesting" against, is quite frankly, obscene. And the definition of a pointless action. This will all be forgotten in a year's time, but if all countries boycott it, then it will be written in history. But then there's the argument that all of the lost lives will have been lost for nothing, I suppose. Personally I'd go for boycotting it. But I won't happen
Kudos to Norway on 01:35 - Apr 6 with 1987 viewsBoston

Kudos to Norway on 11:26 - Apr 1 by dodge_stoke_r

Just about everybody is in agreement that FIFA are corrupt and it's all well and good having their photos taken in their freshly printed tee shirts. But to then play a game of football were the objective of the game is to win the chance of playing in the very competition that they are "protesting" against, is quite frankly, obscene. And the definition of a pointless action. This will all be forgotten in a year's time, but if all countries boycott it, then it will be written in history. But then there's the argument that all of the lost lives will have been lost for nothing, I suppose. Personally I'd go for boycotting it. But I won't happen

Then...personally boycott it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024