Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Water Rates 11:39 - Jun 14 with 1915 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I’ve just received my bill from Castle Water for my water usage at work - 1 day before the due date.

For the period April 2021 to September 2021 it’s about £120 now, up from just under £80 for the same period last year. I only have a single cold water tap and a toilet here so my usage is very low.

I have a meter here and looking at the fine details my bill is based on an estimated usage of 23 (whatever that means). The estimated usage for the same period last year was 6.

I’m a bit confused but have paid it so that I don’t incur any late payment charges, like I did over the winter.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Water Rates on 12:08 - Jun 14 with 1810 viewsJuzzie

If you have a meter what does the reading on the meter say?

As you say, they may have over estimated if the bill is higher than what the meter says.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 12:14]
Water Rates on 12:17 - Jun 14 with 1778 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Water Rates on 12:08 - Jun 14 by Juzzie

If you have a meter what does the reading on the meter say?

As you say, they may have over estimated if the bill is higher than what the meter says.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 12:14]

I just checked and the reading says 00241. On the bill it says 00238 was the previous reading and 00261 is the estimated current reading. So my usage has been 3 and they have over estimated.

Time to give them a call.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 12:18]

Water Rates on 13:59 - Jun 14 with 1589 viewsslmrstid

Water Rates on 12:17 - Jun 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

I just checked and the reading says 00241. On the bill it says 00238 was the previous reading and 00261 is the estimated current reading. So my usage has been 3 and they have over estimated.

Time to give them a call.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 12:18]

For these very reasons I would urge everyone to be submitting monthly meter readings for all your utilities online to your providers. I know Smart Meters exist now to do that for you for Gas/Electric but not water. I dont have a Smart Meter at home though, I do it myself from the meters each month.

Because otherwise these things get into a right mess, either with you being overcharged, or you being undercharged so much you end up with a huge arrears bill.

I am a bit anal about it, but its really important to do!
Water Rates on 14:27 - Jun 14 with 1546 viewscolinallcars

Bring back the Metropolitan Water Board !
Water Rates on 14:50 - Jun 14 with 1507 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Water Rates on 13:59 - Jun 14 by slmrstid

For these very reasons I would urge everyone to be submitting monthly meter readings for all your utilities online to your providers. I know Smart Meters exist now to do that for you for Gas/Electric but not water. I dont have a Smart Meter at home though, I do it myself from the meters each month.

Because otherwise these things get into a right mess, either with you being overcharged, or you being undercharged so much you end up with a huge arrears bill.

I am a bit anal about it, but its really important to do!

I phoned them and eventually got through to someone and she said that she had updated my meter reading. Any overpayment will be deducted from my next bill apparently. I have since registered on their website and also submitted a reading myself with photo proof.

I’ll try to keep on top of it in future. I thought the sending out of bills a day before the due date was a particular p!ss take.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 14:51]

Water Rates on 16:57 - Jun 14 with 1359 viewsBoston

Water Rates on 14:50 - Jun 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

I phoned them and eventually got through to someone and she said that she had updated my meter reading. Any overpayment will be deducted from my next bill apparently. I have since registered on their website and also submitted a reading myself with photo proof.

I’ll try to keep on top of it in future. I thought the sending out of bills a day before the due date was a particular p!ss take.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 14:51]

If you’re trying to say the Waterboys are crap, there’s already a thread for that.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Water Rates on 17:25 - Jun 14 with 1325 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I found Castle to be an absolute shambles at work so I swapped over to Thames Water who I found to be an absolute shambles.
Water Rates on 09:07 - Jun 15 with 1087 viewsLazyFan

Great that one has to tell them how much to charge you as they don't seem to know. Water is needed to wash hands to fight this pandemic and for other obvious reasons.

But everyone keeps telling me how great privatisation is or that it's bad, but if you say let's actually nationalise anything your some woke Islington type who makes their own British Jam from their own British allotment. Very woke that!

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Water Rates on 09:19 - Jun 15 with 1059 viewsToast_R

Thames Water in my area, our water pressure is so bad, if next door are running their water, ours slows to a dribble. Because of this we were getting airlock in the pipes every week and it was bloody stressful keeping having to backflush the taps with this shower hose to get rid of them. Had Thames Water out to inspect it once. The bloke turned up with a big workmans torch and went off to go and find the outside stopcock but never came back. That was about 5 years ago. He left his torch behind, so that was a bonus.

I wonder if he's ok?

Had to sell a kidney in the end to get rid of our old boiler and gravity tank to pay for a new Combi boiler so now its all off the mains which helps with the airlocks but still the pressure is piss poor.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 9:24]
Water Rates on 09:36 - Jun 15 with 1016 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Water Rates on 17:25 - Jun 14 by CroydonCaptJack

I found Castle to be an absolute shambles at work so I swapped over to Thames Water who I found to be an absolute shambles.

I used to be Thames Water but they passed all their business customers onto Castle a few years ago for some reason. I wasn’t aware I could choose.

I wash my hands of the lot of them!

Water Rates on 10:14 - Jun 15 with 985 viewsted_hendrix

"Hello, all of our operators are busy at the moment you're call is important to us so please choose from the following four options;

(1) "Please key in you're 84 digit account number".
(2) "The current waiting time to speak to an operator is roughly 14 hours".
(3) "Did you know you can now visit our Website and be even more confused than you could ever Imagine".
(4) "Are you calling to discuss you're latest bill or discuss energy saving bath plugs"?

Goodbye.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Water Rates on 12:17 - Jun 15 with 906 viewsHantsR

I had an interesting experience when I dusted off the cobwebs and other debris from my (outside) water meter and found that it actually read much lower than the number that the last bill was based on. I thought my bills had been a bit high, so I did some detective work and found that the previous bill was an estimate and the one before that was an incorrect reading ( my logic based on looking at the one before that!) - probably a dyslexic meter reader or simply the wrong house (I live on a corner plot). I discussed my findings with the Southern Water Customer Service, who I persuaded, after a little friendly but professional negotiation that I was absolutely correct and hey Presto! got a £345 refund. Worth keeping an eye on these things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024