Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? 19:12 - Sep 22 with 3124 viewsKodika

All our penalty takers did great, but I was very surprised that Dickie did not take one, considering the great goals he he has scored this season. I would have thought he would have been chosen ahead of a young player like Duke Mackenna, and especially Luke Amos, considering it was his first game for the first team since his injury. In his interview on the website Luke admitted he hadn't even practiced taking a penalty before the game! In the circumstances It just seemed strange.
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 19:15 - Sep 22 with 3099 viewshoopsa

Too close.
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 20:02 - Sep 22 with 2991 viewsbosh67

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 19:15 - Sep 22 by hoopsa

Too close.

This. If the penalty spot was 35 yards out he’d be a shoe in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 20:09 - Sep 22 with 2976 viewsNorthernr

Illy did say on the pod that most of Dickie’s shots in training land on the motorway.
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 20:13 - Sep 22 with 2960 viewsted_hendrix

Charlie was asked this question on the radio this afternoon, Warburton went round the players for names at the final whistle and Dickie apparently said no so ended up as the 12th taker.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 20:19 - Sep 22 with 2930 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 20:13 - Sep 22 by ted_hendrix

Charlie was asked this question on the radio this afternoon, Warburton went round the players for names at the final whistle and Dickie apparently said no so ended up as the 12th taker.

And there it is. Maybe he's not very good at penalties.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 21:03 - Sep 22 with 2780 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 19:15 - Sep 22 by hoopsa

Too close.

I asked the same question last night

Got the same answer.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 21:07 - Sep 22 with 2756 viewsMick_S

Good man for having the balls to say no. He wasn’t ready. Clear thinking; that will do for me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 22:38 - Sep 22 with 2553 viewsMrSheen

Barbet hit his penalty like a golf ball. Ping!
Login to get fewer ads

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 23:54 - Sep 22 with 2453 viewsCiderwithRsie

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 22:38 - Sep 22 by MrSheen

Barbet hit his penalty like a golf ball. Ping!

It was great and I wonder whether he shouldn't take them in matches.
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 07:12 - Sep 23 with 2305 viewsdixiedean

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 21:07 - Sep 22 by Mick_S

Good man for having the balls to say no. He wasn’t ready. Clear thinking; that will do for me.

Or should we be concerned that he didn’t have the confidence to take one? Would’ve been very hard on Duke -McKenna or Amos if they’d missed. I think Dickie ( or even Dieng) should have gone before them . Dickie was in my first 5 takers
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 07:45 - Sep 23 with 2251 viewsnix

I agree with Mick. Sometimes the younger players are just more fearless. They might also be better at taking penalties. No point in Warbs asking them if he didn't want an honest answer.
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 07:51 - Sep 23 with 2237 viewsgazza1

It is very different striking a dead ball kick and hitting a moving ball.......plus to take penalties in that situation you must be confident otherwise you could be in big trouble.
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 2089 viewsterryb

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 07:12 - Sep 23 by dixiedean

Or should we be concerned that he didn’t have the confidence to take one? Would’ve been very hard on Duke -McKenna or Amos if they’d missed. I think Dickie ( or even Dieng) should have gone before them . Dickie was in my first 5 takers

I suspect that Duke-Mckenna wanted to take one & was very confident of doing so.

He ran from the half way line rather than take a slow walk!
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 10:54 - Sep 23 with 2033 viewsEsox_Lucius

He had the confidence to decline despite expectations. No concerns about his judgement, nor his character, from me. One of the teams I played in had a decent striker who scored mostly from headers & tap ins from timing his runs. He never took the penalties as he was pretty useless at it in training. I used to take a lot of the penalties in teams as I was good at them, despite being a wingback. Its's just something you can do, or not do.

The grass is always greener.

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 13:14 - Sep 23 with 1967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 10:54 - Sep 23 by Esox_Lucius

He had the confidence to decline despite expectations. No concerns about his judgement, nor his character, from me. One of the teams I played in had a decent striker who scored mostly from headers & tap ins from timing his runs. He never took the penalties as he was pretty useless at it in training. I used to take a lot of the penalties in teams as I was good at them, despite being a wingback. Its's just something you can do, or not do.

Very true.

Les never took them for us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 14:54 - Sep 23 with 1848 viewsderbyhoop

It;s a confidence thing.
Any player who volunteers is worth more than one who is reluctant.
Mind if Dickie can strike a ball from 12 yards the way he hits them from 30, I don't think you'd fancy many keepers to make an effort to save it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 15:41 - Sep 23 with 1803 viewswestberksr

nope; taking a pen is a very different mindset and technique and simply doesn't suit some players.

Better that he be honest and let the others carry on; it's worked well so far this season.
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 17:39 - Sep 23 with 1700 viewsPinnerPaul

11th surely Ted?
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 17:46 - Sep 23 with 1681 viewsLunarJetman

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 20:19 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

And there it is. Maybe he's not very good at penalties.

So bad he was twelfth of eleven!
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 19:23 - Sep 23 with 1618 viewscaliforniahoop

To close for him
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 19:25 - Sep 23 with 1615 viewscaliforniahoop

A bit to close for him
Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 19:25 - Sep 23 with 1615 viewsted_hendrix

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 17:39 - Sep 23 by PinnerPaul

11th surely Ted?

I stand corrected (and a bit deaf).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Why was Dickie not one of the penalty takers? on 19:53 - Sep 23 with 1573 viewsdmm

Ball, who is not our most technically gifted player, has been happy to step up and takes them very well. An example of confidence being the primary element to taking a penalty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024