Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Masterson returns from loan 11:21 - Jan 4 with 3456 viewsLazyFan

Sauce:
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cambridge-united-d

Looks like it was a successful loan, I did wonder why he was dropped for the last few games and I would speculate it was that they knew he was going back and needed to experiment with the players who were staying.

If we cannot get the fabled Cook or another, looks like he may appear on our subs bench, but I suspect Warbs does not think he's ready and he will go out on loan again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 11:38 - Jan 4 with 3385 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warburton said exactly that in a recent interview. Thinks Conor is better off playing for Cambridge week in week out, rather than sitting on our bench.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 12:04 - Jan 4 with 3286 viewsgazza1

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 11:38 - Jan 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

Warburton said exactly that in a recent interview. Thinks Conor is better off playing for Cambridge week in week out, rather than sitting on our bench.

He will certainly be involved on Saturday if he isn't cup tied......no reason why he should not be.
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 12:17 - Jan 4 with 3225 viewsDWQPR

Looks like most clubs are calling in loans given the current situation with squads being stretched by covid and injuries. A few teams in the Championship May start to suffer more if they have been over-reliant on loanees from the Prem.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 12:31 - Jan 4 with 3166 viewsstantheman10

When is he going to be ready? He's 23 he's either good enough now or he won't ever be! Surely if he's going to make it with us he's got to be good enough to sit on the bench at least
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 12:36 - Jan 4 with 3146 viewsderbyhoop

Depends on the "real" reasons why Cambridge didn't want to extend.
He'd made 15 starts in 21 appearances but not played the last 4. Because he was coming back?

Will they send him out on loan, again. If Cook doesn't come, Conor could be important cover.

I see Sinclair Armstrong is also back fro,m Torquay loan.

How many will go back on loan in the 2nd half of the season?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:00 - Jan 4 with 3069 viewsstantheman10

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 12:36 - Jan 4 by derbyhoop

Depends on the "real" reasons why Cambridge didn't want to extend.
He'd made 15 starts in 21 appearances but not played the last 4. Because he was coming back?

Will they send him out on loan, again. If Cook doesn't come, Conor could be important cover.

I see Sinclair Armstrong is also back fro,m Torquay loan.

How many will go back on loan in the 2nd half of the season?

Armstrong is an interesting one as apparently Torquay wanted to keep him so why would we want him back?
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:06 - Jan 4 with 3035 viewsconnell10

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:00 - Jan 4 by stantheman10

Armstrong is an interesting one as apparently Torquay wanted to keep him so why would we want him back?

According to Clive he is the messiah

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:19 - Jan 4 with 2979 viewsParkRoyalR

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:00 - Jan 4 by stantheman10

Perhaps to replace Bonne in MW's ideal starting 11?

Warburton bought Dykes + Bonne as a pair imo as wanted a striker who could lead the line and a pacy striker who could run off and behind and stretch teams. Armstrong seems to be able to do this.

Gray + Austin not long term options so maybe it could be Armstrong paired with Dykes.
Login to get fewer ads

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:26 - Jan 4 with 2941 viewsLanhoop

Seriously??

Armstrong's return is because he's done well at National level and half a season in the lower reaches of the EFL is needed to push him on. It's not to put him in the firing line for a championship playoff chasing team instead of Austin and Gray.
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:31 - Jan 4 with 2910 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 13:26 - Jan 4 by Lanhoop

Seriously??

Armstrong's return is because he's done well at National level and half a season in the lower reaches of the EFL is needed to push him on. It's not to put him in the firing line for a championship playoff chasing team instead of Austin and Gray.

I would guess the same, Lanhoop.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 14:21 - Jan 4 with 2753 viewseastside_r

I think what happens here is the boys come back and are assessed for their progression. Some will be used / tested in the cup game.

Then the club will decide who needs to stay with QPR and who goes back out on loan. Even in this unusual (Covid) season, I think this is what most clubs do around the mid-season transfer window,
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 14:22 - Jan 4 with 2736 viewsDavieQPR

Armstrong has only been used as a sub in most of his games in the National League South. Their fans feel he needs to learn how to head a ball. He won't get in our squad yet so will go on loan again.
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 14:42 - Jan 4 with 2643 viewsNorthantsHoop

I like Masterson, he has done reasonably well when he played for us, fallen behind since De wijs and Dunne's signing. Dunne is starting to look a real prospect. Saw Masterson play for Cambridge against Northampton Town in 1st round of FA Cup, he scored the equaliser to take it to a replay. But to be honest he did have his hands full coping with Northampton's Kion Etete (Spurs loanee). Really liked Etete thought he could easily step up to Championship level.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 14:46]
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 14:53 - Jan 4 with 2590 viewsfrancisbowles

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 12:31 - Jan 4 by stantheman10

When is he going to be ready? He's 23 he's either good enough now or he won't ever be! Surely if he's going to make it with us he's got to be good enough to sit on the bench at least

He lacks first team experience. So it is a risk when we play him. Ideally, we want him to get that experience elsewhere so he eventually comes back ready for our level. However, if we can't get another cb he may have to stay as cover but sitting on our bench isn't going to get him that those vital games needed for his development.
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 15:12 - Jan 4 with 2531 viewsStainrod

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 14:53 - Jan 4 by francisbowles

He lacks first team experience. So it is a risk when we play him. Ideally, we want him to get that experience elsewhere so he eventually comes back ready for our level. However, if we can't get another cb he may have to stay as cover but sitting on our bench isn't going to get him that those vital games needed for his development.

Had Dunne had more first team games when he arrived here? Not saying he didn't but would be interested to hear.
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 15:12 - Jan 4 with 2530 viewsbosh67

I would think that Masterson will be around until the last few days of the window. With De Wijs nowhere near fit and any possible high value punt for Dickie and we are going to need him about. I rate him much higher than other on here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 15:24 - Jan 4 with 2487 viewsfrancisbowles

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 15:12 - Jan 4 by Stainrod

Had Dunne had more first team games when he arrived here? Not saying he didn't but would be interested to hear.

Dunne had played about 90 first team matches at National league, League 2, League 1, Cups and 12 Prem league before he joined us. He now has about 110 first team appearances.

Masterson had played 0 (nil) first team games when he arrived. He now has just under 50.
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 2474 viewsBklynRanger

Presumably he's back to play in the cup game and to give cover until we get another CB option - obviously one of the areas Warbs feels we're light in.

If we're successful I'd guess he'll go back out on loan, if not he might stay as cover until Jordi is fit (again). Seems like the right choice at this moment.
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 16:03 - Jan 4 with 2393 viewstoboboly

My Cambridge mate said he started great but as soon as they lost the experienced CB next him he struggled. Needs minutes.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 16:07 - Jan 4 with 2378 viewsqprd

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 15:29 - Jan 4 by BklynRanger

Presumably he's back to play in the cup game and to give cover until we get another CB option - obviously one of the areas Warbs feels we're light in.

If we're successful I'd guess he'll go back out on loan, if not he might stay as cover until Jordi is fit (again). Seems like the right choice at this moment.

Agreed

Keep him as injury cover until we sign someone, afcon guys come back and devijs/mccallum return…. Need bodies if we’re gonna persist with a back 3 and wingbacks
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 16:08 - Jan 4 with 2376 viewswortonranger

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 15:29 - Jan 4 by BklynRanger

Won’t be able to. Cup tied?
Conor Masterson returns from loan on 16:40 - Jan 4 with 2298 viewsBklynRanger

Conor Masterson returns from loan on 16:08 - Jan 4 by wortonranger

Won’t be able to. Cup tied?

Is he? Arse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024