Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? 14:32 - Jan 13 with 7137 viewsBklynRanger

Just wondering. First week back for me after 2 off and I've done everything but what I'm supposed to.

Just had a coffee to 'really get down to it' and ended up trying to photograph magpies from my window for the last half hour. Tricky buggers they are. Cleaned out the fridge, resolved a long standing light-bulb issue. A few other things.

This working from home farce has its advantages but I find when the work ethic falls off it really does fall off. Can be quite isolating and even guilt inducing. Will need to catch up like a bastard at some point very soon.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:36 - Jan 13 with 4152 viewsJuzzie

We have got busier during this whole sorry saga so unfortunately don't have time for the work ethic to fall off as I'll get behind and it would be noticed very quickly.
However, being at home has enabled things to be done such as stuff on the house we moved into about this time last year. I don't have fag breaks so I may take a 10 minute break anyway and do something in the garden.

A few months into WFH my company kindly told me that as I'm not commuting now (1 hour each way) I can start earlier and finish later. I very politely put it back to them that I will be starting and finishing the same hours as when in the office, thank you very much.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:37 - Jan 13 with 4149 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Same here. I'm still mentally on holidays.

I'm self-employed so there's no guilt but if I don't actually do something soon there'll be no dog food for Stanley.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:42 - Jan 13 with 4112 viewstoboboly

Yep, big meh vibes to start the work year

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:44 - Jan 13 with 4099 viewsdenhamhoop2

As a postie if I take my work home it results in a quick visit from Mr Plod
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:48 - Jan 13 with 4071 viewsToast_R

Just counting the hours down until Saturday's big match. 3pm kick off league match, its been a while.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:59 - Jan 13 with 4030 views1MoreBrightonR

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:48 - Jan 13 by Toast_R

Just counting the hours down until Saturday's big match. 3pm kick off league match, its been a while.

Go back on Monday after Christmas time off and then some paternity leave and literally have no motivation what's so ever.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:00 - Jan 13 with 4026 viewsTheChef

Yep.

Team is nice and the work/life balance is great, both important things I suppose. Just that the work itself is so dull and inconsequential!

Why am I here? Where am I going??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:05 - Jan 13 with 3996 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yep can’t get into it at all. I was planning to get my tax return done early this year too but as I’ve not even started it yet…

I was locking up my bike the other morning and saw some unusual looking birds on the grass. I don’t remember seeing them before and think I’ve identified them as Redwing which is a type of thrush apparently. There were quite a few of them. What does it all mean?!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:05 - Jan 13 with 3995 viewsDixie_CT

First week back was quite productive, staff out the office this week has meant for a slower one and properly feeling low about it.

It has picked up today and I have two things to keep me busy tomorrow so feeling better about things.

To be honest, it all feels like a bit of an odd and slightly worthless time!
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:10 - Jan 13 with 3971 viewsrobith

Can not be f**ked in the slightest
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:10 - Jan 13 with 3968 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We had a lazyish 4 days back last week.

Busier this week but still spent half of yesterday on the roof in the sun reading.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:15 - Jan 13 with 3926 viewsaston_hoop

I'm making the most of the fact I can WFH for another week before the restrictions change again here. Then its back to the pointless charade of having to sit in an office pretending I give a shit

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:15 - Jan 13 with 3922 viewsjohnhoop

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:05 - Jan 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yep can’t get into it at all. I was planning to get my tax return done early this year too but as I’ve not even started it yet…

I was locking up my bike the other morning and saw some unusual looking birds on the grass. I don’t remember seeing them before and think I’ve identified them as Redwing which is a type of thrush apparently. There were quite a few of them. What does it all mean?!

They’re regular winter visitors to our shores at this time of year so it’s fairly normal and a nice thing for you to spot………..or it could be a sign of the end of times.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:16 - Jan 13 with 3915 viewsMick_S

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:05 - Jan 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

I’d like to let you know but I can’t be bothered.

It’s a Redwing.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:23 - Jan 13 with 3873 viewsTheChef

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:15 - Jan 13 by aston_hoop

I'm making the most of the fact I can WFH for another week before the restrictions change again here. Then its back to the pointless charade of having to sit in an office pretending I give a shit

Is it easier to pretend to give a shit when WFH?

I definitely can't WFH five days a week, I'd go facking mad.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:29 - Jan 13 with 3836 viewsjohncharles

I’m retired so I don’t give a fk anyway. No guilt either.

Strong and stable my arse.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? (n/t) on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 3826 viewsMick_S

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:29 - Jan 13 by johncharles

I’m retired so I don’t give a fk anyway. No guilt either.

I have most recently been a key worker for Hillingdon council looking after the open spaces, so no time off. I’m knackered. For all my diligent hard work they gave me the push this week ( not strictly true as I was seasonal). Not ready financially to retire, but, by jingo, it’s getting more and more appealing.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 15:34]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 3823 viewstoboboly

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:23 - Jan 13 by TheChef

Is it easier to pretend to give a shit when WFH?

I definitely can't WFH five days a week, I'd go facking mad.

WFH is all about discipline

Wake up 60 seconds prior to starting work
Go back to bed for half an hour
Eat Xmas cake for breakfast
log on
sneak off for a cheeky w@nk
watch TV
snack
Have lunch
Wander to shops
get bored of the internet
find chocolates, eat them
log off half hour early
start on the beers

End of the day and you finally get your "me" time

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:50 - Jan 13 with 3768 viewsBklynRanger

Not alone then. Quite a few similar habits and proclivities described above. That is encouraging.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:53 - Jan 13 with 3752 viewsSonofNorfolt

You all need a good book to read.
And my one as well.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 3709 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, let's never show this thread to our bosses or clients.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 3703 viewsHayesender

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:44 - Jan 13 by denhamhoop2

As a postie if I take my work home it results in a quick visit from Mr Plod

As a postie I feel like we're the only ones who've done any work these past 22 months.

I go to sleep counting lateral flow test kits 😴

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:29 - Jan 13 with 3637 viewsBklynRanger

But you can take a bit of that mailsort home in a pinch shirley, pop it back out the next day? Nobody misses that shit.

(Or is that the alleged talk of an often bamboozled summer relief worker a couple of decades ago?.... ;)
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:53 - Jan 13 with 3563 viewsQPR_Jim

I started back on the 4th and after catching up on my emails I was fed up, didn't even keep manage to keep my enthusiasm to lunchtime. Been a grind ever since.

WFH isn't helping but I think it's only part of the problem, I've been non-stop since lockdown despite some members of my team bring furloughed. Feel like I'm owed a month off while they cover me to catch-up.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:57 - Jan 13 with 3543 viewsjohann28

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:15 - Jan 13 by johnhoop

They’re regular winter visitors to our shores at this time of year so it’s fairly normal and a nice thing for you to spot………..or it could be a sign of the end of times.

Most redwings come to the UK from Scandinavia and Russia in the autumn to spend winter in southern England and further south in Europe.

They spend the autumn in hedges and orchards, where they feed on fruit and berries. As winter draws on, and the fruit is used up, they move onto open areas in search of earthworms.

You might spot them in parks and playing fields — often in loose, mixed flocks with other birds, such as starlings and fieldfares. In some years, when there is more food than usual at their breeding grounds, the redwing population increases suddenly and then many more visit the UK.

In spring, redwings leave the UK for their northern breeding territories. Many redwings that spent the winter in Spain and southern Europe also stop off in eastern England to refuel as they head back north.

Hope this helps.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024