Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine if we won - Report 23:02 - Jan 16 with 3919 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56780
Imagine if we won - Report on 23:44 - Jan 16 with 3706 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Didn't disappoint.

Enjoy the Christmas.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Imagine if we won - Report on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 2995 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great report thanks Clive - the Cardiff home game was the exact one that came to my mind too (and I never tire of watching Adel's winner in that one).

I thought at the time Austin was onside - I'm usually the one person in the crowd who checks the lino before celebrating. I thought he ghosted in behind, which he does, but he is definitely off, and that's a poor decision from the lino. Perhaps as it was played he may have just looked level to the lino, that's all I can think of. Or the crowd was so loud he couldn't bring himself to raise his flag, which is possible.

Not having the penalty shout though. Extremely soft. You're not getting a pen for that. F off.

Bare bones.

Imagine if we won - Report on 09:19 - Jan 17 with 2933 viewssoops

Great report and captured the emotions beautifully.
I thought we were extremely luck to get away with the pen - Stef fell over as well which in my mind confirmed there was definite contact.
Imagine if we won - Report on 09:59 - Jan 17 with 2772 viewscolinallcars

Great stuff.
Imagine if we won - Report on 10:41 - Jan 17 with 2636 viewsfrancisbowles

Thank you An extremely accurate report of the proceedings with several subtleties that made a very entertaining read.

On the goal, just watching the highlights reel, the first part of it was Johansen and Willock pressing the keeper and making him hurriedly clear it with his wrong foot which led to us regaining possession. It did look offside as you say but interesting that although they looked at the linesman, no Albion hands were raised. It's as if Austin outfoxed them all by making look like he came from behind the defender.

The penalty, I agree with Antti, not enough contact. Getting in front of someone and slowing down is trying to gain a decision and shouldn't be rewarded. Seen them given though especially outside the box.

Although, I agree with your comments about the ref, he was excellent in the first half, and I don't think it was a penalty, I think you must have been on your happy pills to give him a seven after that challenge. A charge in the back is against the laws of the game and is always punishable by a kick. Additionally, as you state it was worthy of a card, possibly red in the modern game. I also thought that he became a bit inconsistent in the second half with Dykes getting stopped when he made the merest of contact and the Gray goal being disallowed for a bit of contact.

Really enjoyed the report. Keep em coming.
Imagine if we won - Report on 12:05 - Jan 17 with 2420 viewsenfieldargh

Gresat report and brings it all back so vividly.

Point of note re Barbets treatment time

Had it been a WBA player off the pitch then we would have been screaming for the game to restart whilst treatment was administered.

Hooper did do us a favour holding up the game for us to fix Barbet.

More to the point if it was an oppo player they would have got up from the side of the pitch and dumped themselves in bounds

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Imagine if we won - Report on 12:30 - Jan 17 with 2360 viewsHantsR

The whole QPR weekend experience builds up with previews, planning, negotiating a free Saturday afternoon, paying ULEZ charges, then tramping from my parked car, (where I've parked since the 1970s!) through the litter and dog poo to South Africa Road. The build-up, Bastille, images from the past and then after tributes, knees - we start! Nervous first half but a second half performance packed with flashes of brilliance, near misses both ends and an astonishing resurrection of a born-again blood-stained Barbet, when all seemed lost. That pulsating atmosphere, the sheer joy of the last-minute goal...it was something to be treasured. The M3 journey home was much more tolerable than usual, despite frustrating diversions and road works. How to hold on to those precious moments of the game? I needed to read, touch or feel something to take me back to Saturday pm - Quest Baggie-biased TV highlights dismal and Sunday Times newspaper report almost non-existent ...but your report did it! You wrote it how it happened and how I felt it. Compulsive joyful reading, many thanks!
Imagine if we won - Report on 14:38 - Jan 17 with 2047 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive - very enjoyable
Login to get fewer ads

Imagine if we won - Report on 16:16 - Jan 17 with 1861 viewsenfieldargh

Re the empty seats.

I was looking at the seat availability on Friday and ABC blocks had a fair bit of availability as JU KU which are always only 2/3 full(if that). A & B blocks bit hard to tell sat in F block

X block also had 20% available so interested to find out how many walk ups/last minute there were

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Imagine if we won - Report on 18:58 - Jan 17 with 1514 viewsSteveB

Up there with some of your best Clive. Thank you, enjoyed reading that tremendously.
Imagine if we won - Report on 20:44 - Jan 17 with 1329 viewswestberksr

excellent stuff as per Clive
Imagine if we won - Report on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 836 viewsBklynRanger

Imagine if we won - Report on 18:58 - Jan 17 by SteveB

Up there with some of your best Clive. Thank you, enjoyed reading that tremendously.

Yeah finally read it - brilliant stuff, filled with energy, joy and humour. I've bookmarked the bastard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024