Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? 23:10 - Mar 7 with 8659 viewsbosh67

Another 2 goals for the U23s. Still only 18. Raw but a serious unit with talent. You never know, he could hit the ground running.

Given that Charlie is unwell, Dykes is injured we only have Gray as an out and out forward. Armstrong is very highly rated so why not blood him or put him on the bench V Luton if Gray remains the only fit striker.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 23:10]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 23:19 - Mar 7 with 3948 viewsRangersw12

Can't do any harm putting him in the squad if Dykes and Austin are still unavailable
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 23:21 - Mar 7 with 3934 viewsPeterHucker

No.

Even though all 3 are out of form I’d still pick any of Dykes Gray Austin ahead of a lad who’s only ever played 8 games and all of those at Conference level.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 23:52 - Mar 7 with 3879 viewsMyke

I think Clive mentioned in another post that he witnessed Impey literally talking Sinclair through every single move he made. I would say he is a long way from ready. Could do more harm than good, based on our current expectations.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 00:46 - Mar 8 with 3815 viewsjoolsyp

He scored twice against a team which contained 8 players with first team experience for the Baggies. He can't be *that* far away from our first team, surely?
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 00:57 - Mar 8 with 3798 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Give him a go - we can't be much worse surely.

I'd rather have a motivated speedy strong youngster having a real go rather than some of our recent poor attacking set ups with no recognised forwards.

Can't keep players in cotton wool forever.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 01:33 - Mar 8 with 3761 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I heard the pod where Warbs mentioned that he doesn't want to put that kind of pressure on a young man who has barely played... but I'm a bit antsy to see what he has.

There's no doubt in my mind that needs a Football League loan, but we're so desperate for goals and for scoring power on the bench that I wouldn't be mad if we put him in the team against Luton, especially if Dykes is continues to be MIA.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 02:43 - Mar 8 with 3728 viewsnadera78

Have any of the people calling for Armstrong to be picked ever seen him play? I don't mean watched a goal or two against conference opposition on YouTube, I mean actually seen him play?
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 06:40 - Mar 8 with 3616 viewsHooparoo

We could certainly do with some youthful exuberance. We’re in a rut

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 07:16 - Mar 8 with 3580 viewsdaveB

We saw with Oteh ands Kellman that the under 23's to the first team is a big jump. Id trust the coaching staff on this one, if they think he is ready he'll be involved but not sure a must win game at Luton is the right time to throw him in but I've never seen him play so could be completely wrong
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 07:41 - Mar 8 with 3524 viewsTheChef

No.

Get Tom Hitchcock back in.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 07:53 - Mar 8 with 3501 viewsflynnbo

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 02:43 - Mar 8 by nadera78

Have any of the people calling for Armstrong to be picked ever seen him play? I don't mean watched a goal or two against conference opposition on YouTube, I mean actually seen him play?

Saw him in the Hampton & Richmond game and nothing to write home about tbh. However, you have to caveat that with it being a pre season friendly and he was playing in a left wing role. So, to sum up, you can’t possibly judge him on that game 😀
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 09:01 - Mar 8 with 3372 viewsBAWHoops

Absolutely not.

A teenager with 8 first team games at Conference level.

Armstrong may go on to be the next best thing, but at the moment he has shown no more than Balanta, German, Baidoo, Hitchcock, Grego-Cox, Oteh etc etc

Charlie Kelman absolutely tears up that level and he currently has 0 goals in 8 games at League 1 level.

Think about when Eze, Chair and Dieng went out on loan... they pretty much instantly were producing performances and making a difference. Armstrong needs to go out on loan for at least half a season and score tons of goals

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 09:10 - Mar 8 with 3348 viewsfrancisbowles

He has already been on the bench once, before he got injured.

If he is ready to go and get league two or one experience on loan, then he should be ready to sit on a bench of seven, while we are short of striking options, and come on if necessary.

After all, I believe Eze, Chair, Bettache etc had some first team minutes here before they went on there EFL experiences.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 09:44 - Mar 8 with 3272 viewsDannyPaddox

I’ve seen Armstrong play once or twice. Definitely once at Loftus Road earlier in the season. Looks a very promising player. Would be a handful for any defender. A big lad (reminded me of a young Heskey) As well as being a bustling centre-forward type he can run with the ball and also has a good touch. But he did look very raw. Once or twice make the wrong decision. Tried to beat his man when a team-mate was clear in space or did lay it off when a shot was on. Needs to look up too when on the ball. Hey these are all things that first team players are sometimes guilty of and the romantic in me wants to see an 18 year old run out for the Rs and become a hero. Football is full of stories of players who would’t normally have been selected and only made their debut because of an injury-crisis. But I’m trusting the judgement of the management team here. They know the lad better than us message-board experts and they’ll know when he is ready. Even at loan on Torquay he rarely started though I have it from a London Torquay fan he made a big impact when he came on in games and quickly became a crowd favourite.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 09:48 - Mar 8 with 3252 viewsterryb

I've not seen him play & so my view is of no/little value.

I would doubt that he is close to starting a game for us, however, I can't see any reason why he can't be a substitute if we're missing two of our three strikers.

He should only be used though if the game demanded it. Winning comfortably or chasing the game with nothing to lose.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 09:48 - Mar 8 with 3251 viewsSonofpugwash

As Cloughie used to say "If they're good enough they're old enough"
You won't know until you try,give the lad a go.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:04 - Mar 8 with 3187 viewsPikey

I seem to remember Tommy Doc giving a very young and very raw 17 year old Clive Allen a game or two at the end of a season ( think we were already down)
Think there was at least one hat trick in there, and he didnt turn out to be a bad player. Give the kid a run out as sub cant be any worse than Gray who struts about moaning at his own team mates.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:10 - Mar 8 with 3176 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:04 - Mar 8 by Pikey

I seem to remember Tommy Doc giving a very young and very raw 17 year old Clive Allen a game or two at the end of a season ( think we were already down)
Think there was at least one hat trick in there, and he didnt turn out to be a bad player. Give the kid a run out as sub cant be any worse than Gray who struts about moaning at his own team mates.

Also Les was a bit raw when he first started in our team.

After a few appearances and then loan spells at Brentford and in Turkey he got the hang of it when he returned and banged in a couple against Chelscum and never looked back.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:40 - Mar 8 with 3079 viewsDannyPaddox

On a tangent but imagine those team meetings when the young players are told who they’re being loaned out to.

(Excuse the temporal license)

Niko you’re off to LA for 6 months with the Galaxy. Good luck son and have a smashing time. Amrit (Bansal-McNulty) it’s Como for you. A beautiful part of Italy lad. Lovely lake, lovely scenery, lovely food. See you in 6 months. Faisal what do you know about Oldham?
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:48 - Mar 8 with 3042 viewsdaveB

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:10 - Mar 8 by superhoopdownunder

Also Les was a bit raw when he first started in our team.

After a few appearances and then loan spells at Brentford and in Turkey he got the hang of it when he returned and banged in a couple against Chelscum and never looked back.

It did take Les a fair few years to break in, after those Chelsea goals he was taken off at half time the following week and didn't play again until the following season even then it was only because Wegerle got injured
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:58 - Mar 8 with 2997 viewsessextaxiboy

To reference another thread ..
He is available and within budget .
I dont get the "too much pressure " argument .. we are not going down .
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 11:26 - Mar 8 with 2913 viewscollegeranger

It does frustrate that even when we have no options in a certain position we don't bring some of the U23 or U21 into that position as cover at least!

We are really scratching now for strikers and using this lad from the bench may make sense.

Also I will give you the example of Luke Plange, who was released by Arsenal about this time last year as an 18 year old. He came to us on trial played 2 games for U23 team and didn't do enough for us to sign him (because we have loads of strikers.... not). The following Monday without playing a trialist game he signed for Derby.

For those that have now seen he was bought in to the Derby first team as a necessity with transfer embargoes and injuries to their ageing strikers (sound familiar). By the end of January he had scored 5 in 13 with only 7 starts and Crystal Palace swooped on what will probably be another very astute signing of a young player for £1m plus add ons.

So why don't we blood Sinclair in at least a few sub appearances .... we may be surprised!
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 11:37 - Mar 8 with 2875 viewsdaveB

Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 10:58 - Mar 8 by essextaxiboy

To reference another thread ..
He is available and within budget .
I dont get the "too much pressure " argument .. we are not going down .

there is big pressure though especially on Sundays game. It may well work I've not seen the kid play so really have no idea either way on him but would trust the coaching staff on this one.
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 11:39 - Mar 8 with 2871 viewsDannyPaddox

Moral of the story. Sometimes you just have to take the Plange.

Where’s me coat?
Is it time to blood Sinclair Armstrong? on 11:59 - Mar 8 with 2804 viewstoboboly

Blood him? I want a full human sacrifice pre-match to appease the gods

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024