Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton manager. 14:38 - Mar 13 with 12982 viewsknocker

What a little, moaning, miserable git.
Luton manager. on 14:41 - Mar 13 with 6312 viewsStanisgod

Watch it mate, he had a Stone Island coat on, propa nawty.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Luton manager. on 15:19 - Mar 13 with 6064 viewsed_83

To be fair to him, if the situation at half-time had been reversed and one of their players had only got a yellow for putting hands in Chair’s face we’d all be saying the ref bottled it, their disallowed goal looked very marginal indeed and Amos was offside / holding their keeper for the winner. The ref inarguably made a mess of several big decisions, and we were very lucky indeed to win.

On the other hand, the fact Jones does the same moaning routine every time we beat them is hilarious, he’s cried wolf far too often & deserves everything he gets.
Luton manager. on 15:22 - Mar 13 with 6037 viewsqprrunner

Luton manager. on 15:19 - Mar 13 by ed_83

To be fair to him, if the situation at half-time had been reversed and one of their players had only got a yellow for putting hands in Chair’s face we’d all be saying the ref bottled it, their disallowed goal looked very marginal indeed and Amos was offside / holding their keeper for the winner. The ref inarguably made a mess of several big decisions, and we were very lucky indeed to win.

On the other hand, the fact Jones does the same moaning routine every time we beat them is hilarious, he’s cried wolf far too often & deserves everything he gets.

Marginal offsides are still offside, there striker has gone too early it’s that simple.
Luton manager. on 15:36 - Mar 13 with 5918 viewsCamberleyR

You just know that he's still probably seething in his office, getting angrier and angrier with his face turning redder ready to explode.

Which makes it all the more satisfying

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Luton manager. on 15:37 - Mar 13 with 5906 viewsnix

Luton manager. on 15:19 - Mar 13 by ed_83

I'd cry me a river over the Chair incident. The guy is clearly deliberately trying to take Chair out from behind, without any particular danger around, so I think it was just an attempt to rile him. Chair puts up his hands but quite clearly if anything only slightly connects. The guy goes down like Chair is Mike Tyson. As I said elsewhere I'm sick to death of Chair and Willock being cynically chopped down without other teams being booked. So if Chair gets away with one, I'm really not remotely bothered.
Luton manager. on 15:54 - Mar 13 with 5804 viewsNed_Kennedys

He was whinging in the interview that the linesman should not have called the offside as it was so marginal, he didn’t care that actually the linesman had called it right.
He conveniently forgot to mention the blatant handball that was missed for their goal though.
Luton manager. on 16:05 - Mar 13 with 5716 viewsQPR_John

Luton manager. on 15:54 - Mar 13 by Ned_Kennedys

He was whinging in the interview that the linesman should not have called the offside as it was so marginal, he didn’t care that actually the linesman had called it right.
He conveniently forgot to mention the blatant handball that was missed for their goal though.

I don’t think the referee missed it. It was deemed accidental and as the player was not the player who scored it was allowed albeit the handball was instrumental in the goal. I think that is the current interpretation. The people who make the laws of the game should be reminded the name of the game is FOOTball.
Luton manager. on 16:17 - Mar 13 with 5631 viewsterryb

Luton manager. on 16:05 - Mar 13 by QPR_John

I don’t think the referee missed it. It was deemed accidental and as the player was not the player who scored it was allowed albeit the handball was instrumental in the goal. I think that is the current interpretation. The people who make the laws of the game should be reminded the name of the game is FOOTball.

I think you're correct on this, but I'm certain that if it had happened to a defender a penalty would be given. This applies to all games & not just the situation today.

It really annoys me that on handball defenders are judged with a different criteria to attackers!
Login to get fewer ads

Luton manager. on 16:27 - Mar 13 with 5543 viewsqprd

Luton manager. on 15:54 - Mar 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Exactly- a close offside is still offside . On balance we probably got the better of the refereeing but if you can’t acknowledge the handball then you rly have no credibility
Luton manager. on 16:31 - Mar 13 with 5511 viewsNortholt_Rs

Luton manager. on 14:41 - Mar 13 by Stanisgod

Watch it mate, he had a Stone Island coat on, propa nawty.

Pwopah wan ka more like. What a result that is….best of the season for me all things considered. Fabulous day! COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Luton manager. on 16:36 - Mar 13 with 5475 viewsextratimeR

He didn't bounce up and down this time.

( Very disappointing).

I think the point he was trying to make is that we are going out their deliberately trying to beat them.
Luton manager. on 16:38 - Mar 13 with 5438 viewsJuzzie

Straight from the “It was a little bit offside and a little bit of a foul” school of football.

It’s either offside or it isn’t. In this case it was so he can fark orf.

I love it when managers say things like “they didn’t have to work hard to beat us”. Ummm, isn’t that actually saying something about your own team?

The words brains and dangerous spring to mind.
Luton manager. on 16:39 - Mar 13 with 5423 viewsfrancisbowles

For once we had a lineman who could keep up with play and get the decisions correct.

Man of the match? Lol
Luton manager. on 16:41 - Mar 13 with 5403 viewsDamo1962

Luton manager. on 16:31 - Mar 13 by Northolt_Rs

Pwopah wan ka more like. What a result that is….best of the season for me all things considered. Fabulous day! COYRs!!!!

Loving this result. U R'ssss
Luton manager. on 16:41 - Mar 13 with 5400 viewsQPR_John

Luton manager. on 16:17 - Mar 13 by terryb

I think you're correct on this, but I'm certain that if it had happened to a defender a penalty would be given. This applies to all games & not just the situation today.

It really annoys me that on handball defenders are judged with a different criteria to attackers!

I think you are correct about a defender being penalised under the same situation
Luton manager. on 17:05 - Mar 13 with 5246 viewsOldPedro

On Sky, Sam Parkin talked about the bit in the hand ball law about making his body bigger / outstretched arm as opposed to keeping his arm down by his side and that's why he thought it should have been given as handball

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Luton manager. on 17:09 - Mar 13 with 5211 viewsPinnerPaul

Haven't seen it yet, but you're right about the law John.

If you all remember they DID change it to any handball (even totally accidental) was punished if it occurred in the build up to a goal - so you had some ridiculous decisions, especially with VAR, where goals were disallowed for 'handball' that no one had even seen!

They then changed the law (again!) so that accidental handball is only now punished if its the actual scorer that commits the accidental handball.
Luton manager. on 17:12 - Mar 13 with 5177 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton manager. on 16:17 - Mar 13 by terryb

Yes, see above, they HAVE corrected it, but only partly.

Accidental handball or hands/arms in a natural position should NOT be called handball - whether its attackers (unless the attacker scores himself) or defenders - I have to say that quite a lot in the games I referee!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 17:13]
Luton manager. on 17:33 - Mar 13 with 5016 viewsterryb

Luton manager. on 17:12 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

Accidental handball or hands/arms in a natural position should NOT be called handball - whether its attackers (unless the attacker scores himself) or defenders - I have to say that quite a lot in the games I referee!

We know accidental handball should not be punished according to the laws.

You know, as well as we do, that it is different in practice & that defenders are treated more harshly!
Luton manager. on 17:41 - Mar 13 with 4966 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton manager. on 17:33 - Mar 13 by terryb

We know accidental handball should not be punished according to the laws.

You know, as well as we do, that it is different in practice & that defenders are treated more harshly!

Yes and no Terry.

I think they are in general, but you see as many 'non pens' in the area as you do the incidents like the Luton goal.

In practice everyone wants handball every time its hits someone's hand, whoever they are, wherever they are!
Luton manager. on 17:42 - Mar 13 with 4959 viewsQPR_John

Luton manager. on 17:09 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

Haven't seen it yet, but you're right about the law John.

If you all remember they DID change it to any handball (even totally accidental) was punished if it occurred in the build up to a goal - so you had some ridiculous decisions, especially with VAR, where goals were disallowed for 'handball' that no one had even seen!

They then changed the law (again!) so that accidental handball is only now punished if its the actual scorer that commits the accidental handball.

Again it seems a knee jerk reaction from the law makers to a situation without any thought. I take the point about some ridiculous decisions under the old interpretation however there must be some allowances in the laws. In this case the handball was not simply in the build up to the goal but instrumental in setting up the goal.
Luton manager. on 17:48 - Mar 13 with 4911 viewsQPR_John

Luton manager. on 17:12 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

Just seen the Arsenal penalty. Did not seem there that defenders are not more harshly penalised
Luton manager on 17:59 - Mar 13 with 4826 viewsessextaxiboy

Luton manager. on 15:37 - Mar 13 by nix

I'd cry me a river over the Chair incident. The guy is clearly deliberately trying to take Chair out from behind, without any particular danger around, so I think it was just an attempt to rile him. Chair puts up his hands but quite clearly if anything only slightly connects. The guy goes down like Chair is Mike Tyson. As I said elsewhere I'm sick to death of Chair and Willock being cynically chopped down without other teams being booked. So if Chair gets away with one, I'm really not remotely bothered.

The guy kicked into Chair after the HT whistle . I think that is what mitigated his reaction .
Luton manager. on 18:25 - Mar 13 with 4677 viewsWokingR

Bet my house he’s a Chelsea fan
Luton manager. on 18:35 - Mar 13 with 4610 viewsthemodfather

great, let him and lootown rot in their own bitter juices, we won lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024