Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendricks 00:46 - Mar 17 with 4235 viewswombat

Has he got a few photos of warbs hidden away somewhere? How does he get on the pitch so often .

Just got back (chers for closing the M1 at junction 15a by the way , we looked a decent side today considering the conditions , battled high press all the things we have been wanting in recent games , willock before the injury was on fire , Amos dozzell comftable in the midfield , grey running the channels well few decent passes to him for him chase , we looked ok yes great goal for them to equalise , but why the feck did we think we could sit back and hold out for a draw by taking Amos and dowelled off for steff and Hendricks ? Changed the game totally , chair and grey isolated midfield deep everything we shouldn’t have done against florist . Not saying we would won the game but we wouldn’t have rolled over like we did , tad pi££ed off tonight after them changes , the usual we had to look after the players won’t wash as neither have played much recently either . Sorry warbs you them subs totally and utterly wrong tonight .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hendricks on 01:00 - Mar 17 with 3436 viewsbob566

I agree. I was one who'd hoped Hendricks would add something once match fit. He was awful but so was jo. The whole team looks pedestrian bar willock, chair and barbet. Edit that. Gray was good too. Big game on Sunday. Have to get 3 pts. That Amos miss is f###ng with my head. Should have been 2 up
Hendrick on 01:02 - Mar 17 with 3432 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Warburton does seem to want to play Jeff Hendrick every game.
Not sure why? Do we have an agreement with Newcastle to play him every game?
If we do, we need to tear it up as we play better when Hendrick is not on the pitch.
Hendrick on 01:49 - Mar 17 with 3358 viewsThe_Beast1976

Hendrick on 01:02 - Mar 17 by superhoopdownunder

Warburton does seem to want to play Jeff Hendrick every game.
Not sure why? Do we have an agreement with Newcastle to play him every game?
If we do, we need to tear it up as we play better when Hendrick is not on the pitch.

The Hendrick signing does appear to be worse as each game passes......
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 1:52]
Hendricks on 05:55 - Mar 17 with 3241 viewsLoftgirl

Who is "dowelled"?
Hendricks on 07:04 - Mar 17 with 3058 viewsnix

I thought Dozzell for Johansen made sense, he was a risk of a red card and the florist fans/players were desperate for us to get bookings, particularly Colbeck who was following the ref round like an especially loyal Scottie dog. I'd have kept Amos on though, it was an unnecessary change, and made us worse. It also meant we didn't have that extra sub which we could have used for Marshall.

I think Warbs thinks that experienced players can see a game out and to be fair, Charlie is quite good at it. But Hendrick hasn't lived up to hopes and he's been a bit of a disappointment. In the early matches he was doing quite a lot of link play but he didn't seem to get involved much at all last night.
Hendricks on 08:34 - Mar 17 with 2891 viewswombat

Hendricks on 07:04 - Mar 17 by nix

I thought Dozzell for Johansen made sense, he was a risk of a red card and the florist fans/players were desperate for us to get bookings, particularly Colbeck who was following the ref round like an especially loyal Scottie dog. I'd have kept Amos on though, it was an unnecessary change, and made us worse. It also meant we didn't have that extra sub which we could have used for Marshall.

I think Warbs thinks that experienced players can see a game out and to be fair, Charlie is quite good at it. But Hendrick hasn't lived up to hopes and he's been a bit of a disappointment. In the early matches he was doing quite a lot of link play but he didn't seem to get involved much at all last night.

The main isue when amos went off was we backed off 20 yards and you cant do that against a team like forest , love the breadman but sometimes his changes beggar belief last night was one of them ,

Hendricks on 09:08 - Mar 17 with 2809 viewsPaddyhoops

He hasn't been great but let's not turn on him.
Having a whipping boy doesn't help anyone!
Hendricks on 09:22 - Mar 17 with 2767 viewsfrancisbowles

Hendricks on 09:08 - Mar 17 by Paddyhoops

Agreed.

What did he actually do wrong?

He may not have been great but he tried hard when he came on to get us up the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Hendricks on 09:26 - Mar 17 with 2741 viewsBlue_Castello

Agreed but I can't help but feel we have wasted our money, I would rather see George Thomas given the chance, he has pace and energy something we are lacking at crucial times in games.
We have to move on and focus on Sunday, Peterborough will not be easy they can still survive if they put a couple of results together so they will be up for the fight, has Clive got some inside information on our replacement goalkeeper.....
Hendricks on 09:38 - Mar 17 with 2682 viewswombat

not a whipping boy atall just from watchin him play every game he dosnt help the team in anyway, sits deep passsing is pretty poor esp at luton and our win rate since he came in is awful think its two wins from 9 since he joined us , dont like to target anyone but he dosnt bring anything to the table for me , esp when we have our own players sitting on the bench , it was werid signing at the time and still dont make much sense

Hendricks on 09:44 - Mar 17 with 2662 viewsozexile

Hendricks on 09:38 - Mar 17 by wombat

not a whipping boy atall just from watchin him play every game he dosnt help the team in anyway, sits deep passsing is pretty poor esp at luton and our win rate since he came in is awful think its two wins from 9 since he joined us , dont like to target anyone but he dosnt bring anything to the table for me , esp when we have our own players sitting on the bench , it was werid signing at the time and still dont make much sense

If you are going to play Field, Johannsen and Hendrick the wing backs have to get high and wide. Otherwise we just sit in our own half with no outlets. I'm a huge Warburton fan but I think he's overthinking things at the moment.
Hendricks on 09:50 - Mar 17 with 2646 viewsterryb

Hendricks on 09:22 - Mar 17 by francisbowles

Agreed.

What did he actually do wrong?

He may not have been great but he tried hard when he came on to get us up the pitch.

I've been told that he presented the ball to Forest to set up their third goal.

IMO a better question from last night would be What did he do right?
Hendricks on 10:04 - Mar 17 with 2584 viewsdaveB

I can see what he was trying to do, i felt the game was getting away from us before the subs. In Hendrick he sees a bloke who has played for years in the premier league so he is expecting him to go on and calm the game down and wrestle back control of the midfield. Personally I'd have left Amos on but can see the thinking behind it even if it didn't really work
Hendricks on 10:20 - Mar 17 with 2538 viewsngbqpr

Hendricks on 10:04 - Mar 17 by daveB

I can see what he was trying to do, i felt the game was getting away from us before the subs. In Hendrick he sees a bloke who has played for years in the premier league so he is expecting him to go on and calm the game down and wrestle back control of the midfield. Personally I'd have left Amos on but can see the thinking behind it even if it didn't really work

Exactly Dave. He brought on two experienced 'wise heads' to protect a point at a moment when the atmosphere from the previously quiet Forest fans had just sky-rocketed and they were well on top.

We were only a few minutes away from it working. Had we defended the corner for the Yates goal better and thus held on for 1-1, it would be seen as great subbing.

The reaction from their players & fans at winning shows they knew they'd been in a tough game.

Fine margins.

And though it pains me to say it, Forest are flipping good.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hendricks on 10:22 - Mar 17 with 2517 viewsterryb

I admit to not liking Hendrick & have a bias against him.

Whenever I saw him play for Burnley or Newcastle I thought that he looked like an average Championship player at best. IMO he hasn't reached that level for us.

I did not understand the signing in January & how it was meant to improve us. I certainly don't see any benefit we have gained & experience is only of help if you have other attributes to go with it!

Personally, I thought last night was crying out for Albert to replace Wallace & Odubajo to move to the left, in an attempt to nullify the pace of Spence.

What on earth was Warnock thinking when he loaned Spence out this season?

Overall last night, I thought we had periods where we played some good football & looked better than we have since November.
Hendricks on 10:24 - Mar 17 with 2501 viewsngbqpr

Hendricks on 10:22 - Mar 17 by terryb

Whenever I saw him play for Burnley or Newcastle I thought that he looked like an average Championship player at best. IMO he hasn't reached that level for us.

I did not understand the signing in January & how it was meant to improve us. I certainly don't see any benefit we have gained & experience is only of help if you have other attributes to go with it!

Personally, I thought last night was crying out for Albert to replace Wallace & Odubajo to move to the left, in an attempt to nullify the pace of Spence.

Overall last night, I thought we had periods where we played some good football & looked better than we have since November.

Agree on your last line Terry, totally different away performance to Blackburn, Millwall, Barnsley...and Luton too.

I thought I saw some renewed belief in the squad - just hoping the late goals + injuries don't knock that.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hendricks on 10:27 - Mar 17 with 2487 viewsdaveB

Hendricks on 10:22 - Mar 17 by terryb

His signing hasn't really worked, i can see why they went for it but he looks a shadow of the player he was at Burnley

Despite that I thought that was the best we've played for a while. The soft second goal was a killer but it was coming especially with Marshall hardly able to walk

I quite enjoyed the game, they are a good side and we matched them for long periods, game could have gone either way really. If we win on Sunday it's been a good week
Hendricks on 11:06 - Mar 17 with 2388 viewsfrancisbowles

Hendricks on 10:27 - Mar 17 by daveB

His signing hasn't really worked, i can see why they went for it but he looks a shadow of the player he was at Burnley

Despite that I thought that was the best we've played for a while. The soft second goal was a killer but it was coming especially with Marshall hardly able to walk

I quite enjoyed the game, they are a good side and we matched them for long periods, game could have gone either way really. If we win on Sunday it's been a good week

My impression when he first arrived was that he could pick a pass. He hasn't really developed from there though and has been prone to giving it away once or twice in recent games.

I think he should be a deputy when we need to rest Johansen and we shouldn't really play the two together, although I get the point of what MW was trying last night.

The injuries, yellow cards (not all deserved), and the sloppy second goal hurt us last night.

Hopefully we can bounce back on Sunday and moving the game back, much as we all hate it, will have played it's part.
Hendricks on 11:14 - Mar 17 with 2356 viewsTheChef

This is just it.

Warbs was looking to add some quality/experience to the squad in January and Hendrick looked like the best available option. Unfortunately not every signing works out perfectly, so far it's not been great for him/us but he still has nine games to make a decent contribution. Who knows, he might be the one to get the goal to seal our play off place?

Anyway can you imagine the pelters Warbs and co. would have got had we made no signings in January? 'No ambition' 'sort it out', blah blah blah.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hendricks on 11:23 - Mar 17 with 2306 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hendricks on 11:14 - Mar 17 by TheChef

This is just it.

Warbs was looking to add some quality/experience to the squad in January and Hendrick looked like the best available option. Unfortunately not every signing works out perfectly, so far it's not been great for him/us but he still has nine games to make a decent contribution. Who knows, he might be the one to get the goal to seal our play off place?

Anyway can you imagine the pelters Warbs and co. would have got had we made no signings in January? 'No ambition' 'sort it out', blah blah blah.

The main issue is how ubiquitous he's been and how our better moments have come when he's not on the pitch. We needed some attacking pace in the window and we got Hendrick. It would be less annoying if he'd made the odd cameo but I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the team on Sunday, standing in the School End playing five-yard passes backwards.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 11:24]
Hendricks on 11:33 - Mar 17 with 2279 viewsTheChef

Hendricks on 11:23 - Mar 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

The main issue is how ubiquitous he's been and how our better moments have come when he's not on the pitch. We needed some attacking pace in the window and we got Hendrick. It would be less annoying if he'd made the odd cameo but I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the team on Sunday, standing in the School End playing five-yard passes backwards.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 11:24]

Well you can make the same claim about Chair, our form has been rubbish since he came back from AFCON.

No point digging out individuals, collectively we've seen a downturn since January whether due to overall form, injuries, tactical decisions, etc. And yet for all that it's still in our hands.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hendricks on 11:33 - Mar 17 with 2273 viewsnix

Hendricks on 10:27 - Mar 17 by daveB

Agree with all of this. Their first goal was unlikely, in the sense of how often is he going to catch a ball like that from there, and we were struggling by the time they scored their second and third. I I don't think we would have done if we hadn't lost Willock early on because he kept their midfield more occupied and sitting back a bit.
Hendricks on 12:59 - Mar 17 with 2119 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Hendricks on 11:33 - Mar 17 by TheChef

Well you can make the same claim about Chair, our form has been rubbish since he came back from AFCON.

No point digging out individuals, collectively we've seen a downturn since January whether due to overall form, injuries, tactical decisions, etc. And yet for all that it's still in our hands.

Great post like usual TheChef I am a thousand times more upset with Chair than JH to be honest.Before Chair left most posters felt we would slide down the table but the opposite happened and when he came back we hit the skids.
Hendrick is a short term loan might work or not but Chair is one of our own and has to pick up his game or we are in major trouble.
Last night we had a lead ,should have been 2 but once they tied it up we crumbled and that has to change now
Hendricks on 13:37 - Mar 17 with 2041 viewsngbqpr

Hendricks on 12:59 - Mar 17 by CLAREMAN1995

Great post like usual TheChef I am a thousand times more upset with Chair than JH to be honest.Before Chair left most posters felt we would slide down the table but the opposite happened and when he came back we hit the skids.
Hendrick is a short term loan might work or not but Chair is one of our own and has to pick up his game or we are in major trouble.
Last night we had a lead ,should have been 2 but once they tied it up we crumbled and that has to change now

Hmmm - you say you agree with a post that says no point in digging out individuals - then dig one out?

Hendricks on 14:12 - Mar 17 with 1936 viewsR_from_afar

Hendricks on 11:33 - Mar 17 by TheChef

Good point, our poor run in the last nine games is not solely down to Hendrick. A lot of other players have been out of form.

I'll willingly admit that Hendrick has not been great so far, though.

In line with what Blue Castello wrote, Thomas has got a bit of a raw deal. He was instrumental in our winner against Blackpool but hasn't been on the pitch since. He wasn't even in the squad yesterday.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024