Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hämäläinen 19:46 - Jun 13 with 5905 viewsaston_hoop

Brazilian media reporting we've recalled him after only 17 minutes of game time over there. No idea if Beale wants a look or his agent has hooked him up with trials at Atletico Cancun or Bali FC
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 19:46]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hämäläinen on 19:58 - Jun 13 with 4673 viewsBrazilNutR

Just reading about him in the Brazilian press...
he only got 17 minutes and that came in the teams cup game, a 3-0 win against Brazilian 4th Division team Ceilândia at the end when they were 2-0 up.
The article says that despite limited playing time he was a fans favourite, and the fans were wanting to see more of him - mostly due to the obscurity of having a Finland international playing for them, rather than knowing anything about him.

Suggests Beale is going to train him and turn him into a diamond.
Hämäläinen on 20:32 - Jun 13 with 4487 viewsLogman

Hämäläinen on 19:58 - Jun 13 by BrazilNutR

Just reading about him in the Brazilian press...
he only got 17 minutes and that came in the teams cup game, a 3-0 win against Brazilian 4th Division team Ceilândia at the end when they were 2-0 up.
The article says that despite limited playing time he was a fans favourite, and the fans were wanting to see more of him - mostly due to the obscurity of having a Finland international playing for them, rather than knowing anything about him.

Suggests Beale is going to train him and turn him into a diamond.

He will have to stick a rocket up his arse and get some Stuart Pearce DNA in him if that is going to happen. Which it is not.
Hämäläinen on 20:43 - Jun 13 with 4423 viewsted_hendrix

This is fabulous news, It's just what I've been waiting for.

All hail the bloke from Finland whatshisname, he who shall surely reach enlightenment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hämäläinen on 20:45 - Jun 13 with 4397 viewsdmm

I suddenly feel nervous
Hämäläinen on 20:49 - Jun 13 with 4366 viewsstevec

Nico, nice to meet you. Now tell me, just who was it who gave you a 4 year contract?
Hämäläinen on 21:44 - Jun 13 with 4155 viewswombat

Hämäläinen on 20:49 - Jun 13 by stevec

Nico, nice to meet you. Now tell me, just who was it who gave you a 4 year contract?

We can’t be that desperate already , yes he can run but that’s about it , weakest players I’ve ever seen play positional sense zero , and who did give him a four year deal ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hämäläinen on 21:58 - Jun 13 with 4096 viewsQPRSteve

Maybe he's being recalled to be sold.
Hämäläinen on 22:01 - Jun 13 with 4083 viewsVancouverHoop

He hasn't inspired much confidence that's for sure.

But... (1) That doesn't necessarily mean he can't, or won't in the future. (2) He's never had much time to establish himself anywhere, including with us. 3) He's ours, and plays a position where we're severely lacking. 4) If Beale is anything like the coach his reputation suggests, he'd be the guy to find out if there is a real footballer in there somewhere. I mean really what's to lose?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 22:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Hämäläinen on 22:05 - Jun 13 with 4051 viewsdmm

Hämäläinen on 21:58 - Jun 13 by QPRSteve

Maybe he's being recalled to be sold.

I hope you're right, for his and for our sakes. Been with us for nearly 8 years, loaned out 5 times but just can't make an impression on our first team. Really is time to move on.
Hämäläinen on 22:09 - Jun 13 with 4034 viewsDorse

Hämäläinen on 22:01 - Jun 13 by VancouverHoop

But... (1) That doesn't necessarily mean he can't, or won't in the future. (2) He's never had much time to establish himself anywhere, including with us. 3) He's ours, and plays a position where we're severely lacking. 4) If Beale is anything like the coach his reputation suggests, he'd be the guy to find out if there is a real footballer in there somewhere. I mean really what's to lose?

We have nothing to lose but our shit.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hämäläinen on 22:11 - Jun 13 with 4024 viewsqueensparker

Remember Les, everyone thought he was pony for years, went on a glamorous loan, and it was game on.

Keep the faith lads
Hämäläinen on 22:11 - Jun 13 with 4022 viewsdmm

Hämäläinen on 22:01 - Jun 13 by VancouverHoop

He played 32 times on loan at Kilmarnock and has played 29 times for our first team. That's surely two clubs at which he's had time to establish himself.
Hämäläinen on 23:00 - Jun 13 with 3827 viewsVancouverHoop

Hämäläinen on 22:11 - Jun 13 by dmm

He played 32 times on loan at Kilmarnock and has played 29 times for our first team. That's surely two clubs at which he's had time to establish himself.

He apparently did OK for Killie – if being named twice to The Scottish Prem's team of the week is anything to go by. He's also a regular for Finland.

As I said I haven't been impressed but, if I was Beale I'd want to take a look at any of the younger players we had on our books, especially if they play a position where we're especially weak.
Hämäläinen on 10:20 - Jun 14 with 3253 viewsdaveB

He was Ok when he played, neither good or terrible, seemed to lack confidence going forward was a bit too cautious I thought. Nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be but not bad as a back up player much like Kakay
Hämäläinen on 10:28 - Jun 14 with 3204 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next year's POTY, mark my words.

Bare bones.

Hämäläinen on 11:53 - Jun 14 with 3022 viewsDavieQPR

Beale is not going to coach every player to suddenly become a revelation. Our buzzword has gone from 'young and hungry' to 'with the right coaching'. Hamalainen is 25 and past the age, in modern football, to improve dramatically.
Hämäläinen on 11:54 - Jun 14 with 3025 viewsPlanetHonneywood

--- --- ---–– I think his surname is sending a message in Morse Code: T U U2.

We might want to reconsider the Pigbag entrance music.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hämäläinen on 13:57 - Jun 14 with 2737 viewsstanistheman

Hämäläinen on 11:53 - Jun 14 by DavieQPR

Beale is not going to coach every player to suddenly become a revelation. Our buzzword has gone from 'young and hungry' to 'with the right coaching'. Hamalainen is 25 and past the age, in modern football, to improve dramatically.

He has looked like a bad player imo from the 1st time I saw him as a sub ana League Cup game (which we lost). He came on and had little positioning sense and has not improved.
Beale will need a magic wand to turn him into a decent defender.

Ferdinand gave him a 4 year contract and I am baffled as to why.
Hämäläinen on 18:26 - Jun 14 with 2393 viewsdaveB

Hämäläinen on 13:57 - Jun 14 by stanistheman

He has looked like a bad player imo from the 1st time I saw him as a sub ana League Cup game (which we lost). He came on and had little positioning sense and has not improved.
Beale will need a magic wand to turn him into a decent defender.

Ferdinand gave him a 4 year contract and I am baffled as to why.

He got a 4 year deal as he was a Finnish international all set to play in the Euros, fans were baying for him to get into the team on social media as Wallace looked crap and we were about to lose Bright and Manning for nothing so they took a punt and gave long deals to him and Kakay rather than wait a year and potentially lose them for nothing if they did well. In hindsight it didn't work out obviously but was not a deal that was going to hurt us, neither is on that much money
Hämäläinen on 22:29 - Jun 14 with 2168 viewsMyke

Hämäläinen on 22:11 - Jun 13 by dmm

Not going to claim I'm a fan, but in the interest of consistency, it is not fair that we apply the same '100 games' rule to Niko as any other player. If we agree that Eze, Chair etc improved incrementally as they hit 50/75/100 + championship games, and we see that Niko has only 29 (and not 29 in a row), maybe we should wait and see how he develops under Beale before passing judgement?
Hämäläinen on 23:01 - Jun 14 with 2095 viewskensalriser

Bloody hell, I swear some people are still waiting For Richard Paquette, Dominic Shimmin, Matthew Hislop and Angelo Balanta to come good.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hämäläinen on 23:45 - Jun 14 with 2020 viewsMyke

Hämäläinen on 23:01 - Jun 14 by kensalriser

Bloody hell, I swear some people are still waiting For Richard Paquette, Dominic Shimmin, Matthew Hislop and Angelo Balanta to come good.

Here is the simple reality. We have two choices; either we sell one of more saleable assets, Willock, Dieng or possibly Dickie (although not sure he would generate significant income) and get in a couple of full backs and loan a decent striker.
OR, we keep all our strong players until at least January and rely on previously peripheral players (Niko/Bonne/Kakay/Masterson/Kellman possibly Armstrong -even Shodipo) to fill the gaps.
Either option will weaken the team in some places and strengthen it in others, but we are certainly not in a position to dismiss ANY player that we currently own, certainly not in key areas like FB or striker
Hämäläinen on 07:41 - Jun 15 with 1856 viewsdmm

Hämäläinen on 22:29 - Jun 14 by Myke

Not going to claim I'm a fan, but in the interest of consistency, it is not fair that we apply the same '100 games' rule to Niko as any other player. If we agree that Eze, Chair etc improved incrementally as they hit 50/75/100 + championship games, and we see that Niko has only 29 (and not 29 in a row), maybe we should wait and see how he develops under Beale before passing judgement?

I understand the point you make Myke, but Niko has had plenty of first team games to prove himself. The 32 games for Kilmarnock in 2019/20 were in one block and the 29 games for QPR include an unbroken run of 16 matches in 2020. Adding in all his loans, he's played 81 first team games.

It would be wonderful if Beale can do something with the lad but I have serious doubts Niko will make it at this level, and we desperately need two LBs.
Hämäläinen on 08:31 - Jun 15 with 1791 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He's not even the best Finnish left back we've had.

Maybe Beale can improve him.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hämäläinen on 09:08 - Jun 15 with 1704 viewssilverbirch

Hämäläinen on 07:41 - Jun 15 by dmm

I understand the point you make Myke, but Niko has had plenty of first team games to prove himself. The 32 games for Kilmarnock in 2019/20 were in one block and the 29 games for QPR include an unbroken run of 16 matches in 2020. Adding in all his loans, he's played 81 first team games.

It would be wonderful if Beale can do something with the lad but I have serious doubts Niko will make it at this level, and we desperately need two LBs.

Isn’t 32 games in a block proving himself?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024