Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question about Beale /yesterday 20:24 - Jul 10 with 2996 viewsLogman

So we are 3-0 up playing 4-3-3 and Beale continues with a 4-3-3 with the three in midfield consisting of a centre back, an U.23 with no previous 1st team appearances and a play-maker (Dozzell)

Beale then says in his post match interview that we should have closed the game out at 3-0 up.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not the time that you change to 4-4-2 at best, or better still 4-5-1 ?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 20:42]
Question about Beale /yesterday on 20:59 - Jul 10 with 2797 viewsMyke

I get what you are saying, but surely the whole point of these games is to blood players and see how they get on in real match situations
Question about Beale /yesterday on 21:02 - Jul 10 with 2772 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pre season is all about minutes into legs.

Ironically the season we were promoted under Warnock we were beaten 2-1 by Crawley if I remember rightly.

I wouldn’t read too much into it.
Question about Beale /yesterday on 21:14 - Jul 10 with 2716 viewsLogman

Question about Beale /yesterday on 21:02 - Jul 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ironically the season we were promoted under Warnock we were beaten 2-1 by Crawley if I remember rightly.

I agree, and I will let him off this time because he is the star of 'Inside Training' and his backroom staff are a bunch of extras but if it happens in the season you don't say 'we should have closed the game out' if you have got 4 at the back and three make-weights in midfield
Question about Beale /yesterday on 22:04 - Jul 10 with 2554 viewsCamberleyR

Question about Beale /yesterday on 21:02 - Jul 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Spot on. As Beale himself said in the post-match interview on the offy, he wouldn't have learned much about the players had it remained 3-0 and ended a comfortable win. As you say, game time into the legs.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Question about Beale /yesterday on 22:47 - Jul 10 with 2429 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Question about Beale /yesterday on 21:14 - Jul 10 by Logman

I agree, and I will let him off this time because he is the star of 'Inside Training' and his backroom staff are a bunch of extras but if it happens in the season you don't say 'we should have closed the game out' if you have got 4 at the back and three make-weights in midfield

You’d be better off letting him off until Blackburn in my opinion mate otherwise your season is going to be unnecessarily fraught!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 22:48]
Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:20 - Jul 11 with 1991 viewsrobith

Pre season matches are glorified training sessions
Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:32 - Jul 11 with 1941 viewsconnell10

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:20 - Jul 11 by robith

Nail on head , the results are meaningless.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:35 - Jul 11 with 1934 viewsconnell10

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:20 - Jul 11 by robith

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:36 - Jul 11 with 1926 viewsDannyPaddox

I remember one summer Leyton Orient beat Newcastle 6-1 in a friendly. The pre-Saudified Magpies went on to win the Championship with 102 points. Orient just survived relegation from League 1 by a point.
Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:47 - Jul 11 with 1887 viewsthame_hoops

Beale out!
Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:51 - Jul 11 with 1871 viewsDannytheR

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:36 - Jul 11 by DannyPaddox

I remember one summer Leyton Orient beat Newcastle 6-1 in a friendly. The pre-Saudified Magpies went on to win the Championship with 102 points. Orient just survived relegation from League 1 by a point.

Let's also not forget the glorious high summer afternoon in Shepherd's Bush when former Walton Casuals goal machine Leroy Griffiths helped us to a 3-1 doing over of a Chelsea including Desailly, Zola, Lampard and a line-up of similar cnts.

It Was What It Was for Hasselbaink and friends.

I think we came 8th in League One that year, right?

Still, brilliant day.
Question about Beale /yesterday on 10:22 - Jul 11 with 1747 viewsDannyPaddox

Summer 2005. In pre-season QPR win one of the most prestigious trophies in European Football, La
Copa Ibiza
. By rights nailed on for promotion. Final position in Championship: 21st.
Question about Beale /yesterday on 10:24 - Jul 11 with 1745 viewsAntti_Heinola

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:51 - Jul 11 by DannytheR

Let's also not forget the glorious high summer afternoon in Shepherd's Bush when former Walton Casuals goal machine Leroy Griffiths helped us to a 3-1 doing over of a Chelsea including Desailly, Zola, Lampard and a line-up of similar cnts.

Still, brilliant day.

Also we smashed Man U and Leicester last season, I'm still fuming we didn't come 5th in the Prem.

Bare bones.

Question about Beale /yesterday on 14:16 - Jul 11 with 1461 viewsPinnerPaul

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:35 - Jul 11 by connell10

Agree - the aim wasn't to beat Crawley, otherwise you don't use 11 subs and have a double training session 24 hours previous in seering heat!
Question about Beale /yesterday on 14:28 - Jul 11 with 1408 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Question about Beale /yesterday on 09:51 - Jul 11 by DannytheR

Still, brilliant day.

Similarly done Fulham about five years later (Israeli striker on loan from Chelsea?) and spent the remaining season fighting off relegation.
Question about Beale /yesterday on 14:30 - Jul 11 with 1401 viewsNorthernr

Question about Beale /yesterday on 14:28 - Jul 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Similarly done Fulham about five years later (Israeli striker on loan from Chelsea?) and spent the remaining season fighting off relegation.

That game was quite a big part of why it went so badly because Simon Walton, who along with Camp we'd just spent our whole meagre summer budget on, broke his leg.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024