Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If 00:02 - Sep 8 with 2335 viewsqprxtc

You took away alcohol. And meeting up with people you like (it may not necessarily be reciprocated), going for the unsocial thing and you just watched QPR for being QPR.

How long would you last.
If on 00:58 - Sep 8 with 2270 viewsBoston

I could probably last the whole 90 plus, going to the bogs are a nightmare at Loftus Rd.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

If on 02:49 - Sep 8 with 2255 viewsSydneyRs

Went to loads of games by myself when younger, mainly because my mates all supported different teams.
If on 08:47 - Sep 8 with 2128 viewsBlackCrowe

If on 02:49 - Sep 8 by SydneyRs

Went to loads of games by myself when younger, mainly because my mates all supported different teams.

Same. Junior season ticket in the Loft terraces, travelling back and forth from deepest Surrey. I liked the solo experience.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

If on 09:51 - Sep 8 with 2079 viewsEsox_Lucius

Alcohol has played virtually no part in my going to QPR since 1967 and not at all for the last 6-7 years. There was a time I used to meet up with my brothers in The British Queen but it was always only for one before we headed to the ground.
The people have been a far more significant factor in my enjoyment of the games and some of the friends I have made over those years have endured, and helped my when I have been in bad places mentally. Going solo would not be an option for me.

The grass is always greener.

If on 12:17 - Sep 8 with 2025 viewswestberksr

rarely have a drink at the footy, certainly not at the ground; possibly the occasional pre match pint if meeting friends.

plays no part in my ongoing suffering of QPR one way or another and for many seasons just ambled up solo and watched the game.
If on 12:27 - Sep 8 with 2006 viewsRangersw12

I would have given up years ago

For me going to football is a social thing and regardless of the result we usually have a good day out
If on 12:32 - Sep 8 with 2002 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I quite like a couple before the game and meeting friends in the Weld and it has become part of my routine in the last few years. I realise now that I would happily travel up on my own now though even though there is a group of us in my local area that go together. Even if I turn into Billy no mates I would still go. They are a friendly lot in R Block and there is always someone to talk to.
If on 12:55 - Sep 8 with 1970 viewsderbyhoop

If you took away the alcohol, there's not many people I'd like, LOL!

Meeting friends and having a pint before is part of the ritual but it's not the be all and end all.
I never drink in the ground. Poor quality and high price is not something I'll support.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

If on 18:02 - Sep 8 with 1886 viewsPaddyhoops

Don’t normally drink at QPR games but will always reserve 4 or 5 games a season for a skinful in the crown obviously with some Thai food as a sponger!!
If on 21:53 - Sep 8 with 1806 viewsdmm

Over the many, many years I've been going to Loftus road, I've done so on my own and also met friends for a drink, including our esteemed OP. I definitely prefer meeting up with mates for a prematch and occasional post-match libation or two.
If on 22:12 - Sep 8 with 1769 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I don't normally have a lot of time for a pre-match booze-up. I can normally get a few in before midweek games. Saturday's I often make do with that stuff they claim is tea from the kiosk.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

If on 11:42 - Sep 9 with 1615 viewsLblock

Without pre, post and in game drinking there's no real point for me.

Hence I've only been once in last few months

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

If on 14:39 - Sep 9 with 1512 viewsnix

I go for the football but I also enjoy hanging out with my people in the ground. If you haven't enjoyed the Willock goal against Middlesbrough or the Chair goal against Hull or the Laird goal against Hull, maybe football isn't for you any more.

I'm not sure why we need one of these threads every week though.
If on 20:24 - Sep 9 with 1413 viewsMick_S

If on 14:39 - Sep 9 by nix

I go for the football but I also enjoy hanging out with my people in the ground. If you haven't enjoyed the Willock goal against Middlesbrough or the Chair goal against Hull or the Laird goal against Hull, maybe football isn't for you any more.

I'm not sure why we need one of these threads every week though.

Nix, I’d buy you a fruit based drink for the ladies if we ever should meet. I’d expect a friendly kick in the nuts.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

If on 22:06 - Sep 9 with 1360 viewscolinallcars

I don't go to the pub pre-match anymore mainly because the bogs are hell in the ground, so I mix up a tonic bottle of very strong G&T and drink it in Batman Close from 2pm. Then the pub after the game.
When I was younger I'd be in the pub just after eleven drinking Youngs Special or Winter Warmer ( when it was proper Youngs ). One match, I think against Palace, I had double vision during the first half, so I cut back.
If on 01:47 - Sep 10 with 1323 viewsnix

If on 20:24 - Sep 9 by Mick_S

Nix, I’d buy you a fruit based drink for the ladies if we ever should meet. I’d expect a friendly kick in the nuts.

Haha. I'd appreciate the gesture Mick. Although I'm more of a G&T kinda person. I'm sure we'd get on fine and sort out the club and the world for good measure!
If on 10:23 - Sep 11 with 1040 viewsdodge_stoke_r

If you don't have a beer or two before the game, imagine this. The football is the best your day is going to get! And with some of the durge we have turned out over the years, alcohol is essential
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024