Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pele moved to end of life care 13:05 - Dec 3 with 4249 viewsloftboy

Hope he’s not suffering.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pele moved to end of life care on 13:12 - Dec 3 with 4213 viewsQPRSteve

Thought he went to hospital with a respiratory infection. Didn't know he had bowel cancer. Awful news.
Pele moved to end of life care on 13:37 - Dec 3 with 4125 viewsMrSheen

My all-time favourite, amazing what he achieved given the punishment he had to take.
Pele moved to end of life care on 13:50 - Dec 3 with 4053 viewsCLAREMAN1995

He will be nuked up on painkillers to ease his pain for the journey he is about to take.
I have always been in favor of personal choice to go out on your own terms and feel strongly it should be available.
He was the best ever IMO
Pele moved to end of life care on 14:03 - Dec 3 with 4005 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sad to read.

It seems as if the Gods of football are calling him and for it to coincide when us lesser football mortals are focused and gathered at a WC, so proper homage can be paid to him.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pele moved to end of life care on 10:05 - Dec 4 with 3601 viewsQPRSteve

Better news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63846935
Pele moved to end of life care on 12:31 - Dec 4 with 3527 viewsdmm

This is incredible

Pele moved to end of life care on 13:36 - Dec 4 with 3485 viewsfrancisbowles

Pele moved to end of life care on 12:31 - Dec 4 by dmm

This is incredible

Brilliant. Thanks for posting. Best player ever?
Pele moved to end of life care on 13:45 - Dec 4 with 3473 viewsQPR_Jim

Pele moved to end of life care on 12:31 - Dec 4 by dmm

This is incredible

Incredible, what a player.
Login to get fewer ads

Pele moved to end of life care on 14:09 - Dec 4 with 3422 viewsterryb

I'm pleased to boast that I saw him play! It was only a club friendly, but it was played before a capacity crowd at Villa.

I went on the "official" Santos coach. Santos being a club playing in the Chesham Sunday League that had been adopted by staff at the Brazilian embassy.

I can't really remember much about the game, but I'm proud to having seen the mestro in action.
Pele moved to end of life care on 15:59 - Dec 4 with 3317 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pele moved to end of life care on 14:09 - Dec 4 by terryb

I'm pleased to boast that I saw him play! It was only a club friendly, but it was played before a capacity crowd at Villa.

I went on the "official" Santos coach. Santos being a club playing in the Chesham Sunday League that had been adopted by staff at the Brazilian embassy.

I can't really remember much about the game, but I'm proud to having seen the mestro in action.

Aw man, what a lovely memory that must be.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pele moved to end of life care on 17:24 - Dec 4 with 3271 viewsHuckerMOTM

Pele moved to end of life care on 13:36 - Dec 4 by francisbowles

Brilliant. Thanks for posting. Best player ever?

Not even the best Brazilian player of all time - that would be Garrincha - but no doubts about him being one of the real greats in a sport which has begun to throw the word around like confetti.
Pele moved to end of life care on 18:47 - Dec 4 with 3180 viewshubble

Pele moved to end of life care on 14:09 - Dec 4 by terryb

I was also lucky enough to see him play when Santos played Fulham in 1973. Amazingly, we were able to turn up and get in on the night. My granddad took me and my brother, bless him!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Pele moved to end of life care on 19:01 - Dec 4 with 3163 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pele moved to end of life care on 17:24 - Dec 4 by HuckerMOTM

Not even the best Brazilian player of all time - that would be Garrincha - but no doubts about him being one of the real greats in a sport which has begun to throw the word around like confetti.

On the subject of Garrincha, time to recommend this again.
Belter of a book.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pele moved to end of life care on 09:33 - Dec 5 with 2945 viewsfrancisbowles

Pele moved to end of life care on 17:24 - Dec 4 by HuckerMOTM

Interesting view. I know only that 'little bird' was a very talented winger. However he doesn't usually rank in the best ever player discussions.

Why do you think he was the greatest?
Pele moved to end of life care on 10:07 - Dec 5 with 2883 viewsTomS

My son asked me on Saturday to pick my greatest team of all time. He's playing some kind of all time fantasy football game. I picked both Pele and Garrincha.

He wasn't the greatest Brazilian player of all time, but he was a superb winger. Given the heavy ball used at the time, his combination of control of the ball and pace put him on a different level to his peers.

I suppose the main reason why he isn't mentioned as one of the best as often as he should is down to his media profile. His off the field life could be kindly described as "colourful".
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 10:11]
Pele moved to end of life care on 12:57 - Dec 24 with 2281 viewsloftboy

Sounds like he hasn’t got long, his daughter has posted”one more night”

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pele moved to end of life care on 13:30 - Dec 24 with 2201 viewskensalriser

Pele moved to end of life care on 10:07 - Dec 5 by TomS

My son asked me on Saturday to pick my greatest team of all time. He's playing some kind of all time fantasy football game. I picked both Pele and Garrincha.

He wasn't the greatest Brazilian player of all time, but he was a superb winger. Given the heavy ball used at the time, his combination of control of the ball and pace put him on a different level to his peers.

I suppose the main reason why he isn't mentioned as one of the best as often as he should is down to his media profile. His off the field life could be kindly described as "colourful".
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 10:11]

Balls weren't heavier then, apparently.

https://www.morethanmindgames.com/2010/06/26/an-enduring-football-myth-the-weigh

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pele moved to end of life care on 14:50 - Dec 24 with 2088 viewsradfords

Pele moved to end of life care on 13:30 - Dec 24 by kensalriser

https://www.morethanmindgames.com/2010/06/26/an-enduring-football-myth-the-weigh

This actually confirms that in play and especially when wet they were heavier. In the ref’s hand before the game not heavier. Misleading headline.
I loved watching Pele and best of all time comparisons are pointless.
Only reason to compare is so that current headlines can be as sensational as possible. Media trolling I think.
Pele moved to end of life care on 16:41 - Dec 24 with 1909 viewskensalriser

Pele moved to end of life care on 14:50 - Dec 24 by radfords

This actually confirms that in play and especially when wet they were heavier. In the ref’s hand before the game not heavier. Misleading headline.
I loved watching Pele and best of all time comparisons are pointless.
Only reason to compare is so that current headlines can be as sensational as possible. Media trolling I think.

Heavier only when wet and then slower - and velocity makes a big difference:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/sms.13816

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pele moved to end of life care on 17:23 - Dec 24 with 1818 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Pele moved to end of life care on 13:30 - Dec 24 by kensalriser

Hmm. I’m inclined to instantly reply: Rubbish!

FFS they were made of leather as opposed to modern day materials that do not soak up water. I’m sure those of us who kicked a ball in the 70s recall it as a ‘heavier’ experience compared to balls kicked in subsequent decades.

Factor in above-the-knee tackles; 8 hours working in a pit; leather hobnail boots; soaked cotton kits; and halftime pints of pints of mild as opposed to isotonic formulas...nahhh, not buying it!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pele moved to end of life care on 18:00 - Dec 24 with 1750 viewspaulparker

Imagine him back in the day playing for a big European side
When I was a kid I was mesmerised by those great Brazilian teams, my favourite being the 82 team but before that Pele laid the foundations for so many great players , he is and always will be Mr Football
Funny thing is I have managed to out do the great man as I’ve played on the hallowed Wembley turf and Pele never did

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pele moved to end of life care on 18:04 - Dec 24 with 1744 viewsLblock

Pele moved to end of life care on 18:00 - Dec 24 by paulparker

Imagine him back in the day playing for a big European side
When I was a kid I was mesmerised by those great Brazilian teams, my favourite being the 82 team but before that Pele laid the foundations for so many great players , he is and always will be Mr Football
Funny thing is I have managed to out do the great man as I’ve played on the hallowed Wembley turf and Pele never did

I've been mesmerized by many a Brazilian later in my life.

I dare say you have too.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pele moved to end of life care on 18:31 - Dec 24 with 1654 viewspaulparker

Pele moved to end of life care on 18:04 - Dec 24 by Lblock

I've been mesmerized by many a Brazilian later in my life.

I dare say you have too.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024