Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
non qpr 21:47 - Apr 13 with 2654 viewsdigswellhoop

linesman who elbowed Robertson no further actions
what a complete cover up ALL OFFICIALS NEED TO ACCOUNTABLE FOR THERE ACTIONS if players and managers have to come out after game interviews so shhould refs and linsman
non qpr on 22:01 - Apr 13 with 2243 viewsJuzzie

Raising your arms is not on but it was hardly a boxer’s KO. Robertson grabbed the lino’s arm and the lino shrugged him off. Robertson made an absolute meal out of it.
non qpr on 22:03 - Apr 13 with 2233 viewsthame_hoops

It looked like he was just trying to shrug off Robertson.

However, a normal person would’ve looked around after feeling contact and should’ve apologised and it probably would’ve all gone away. It was the fact that he acted in this robotic manner that referees tend to do, which made it worse.
non qpr on 22:04 - Apr 13 with 2220 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lino’s built like a tank. Robertson is a scrawny cnt.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

non qpr on 22:06 - Apr 13 with 2206 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Correct decision IMO Robertson put his hands on the official and got hit then cried like a baby what a dick.
Next season a new rule needs to be applied for players .Nobody is allowed to get close to an official to verbally abuse or agressivly protest a decision .Only the Captain gets his say and the official has the final say with VAR help of course .Start flashing yellow cards immediatly (plus red if second yellow issued ) and the players will soon know their role .Play the game ,let the officials do their job , send off Robertson , Fernandez etc for contact and the game will be better
non qpr on 22:30 - Apr 13 with 2135 viewsLblock

non qpr on 22:06 - Apr 13 by CLAREMAN1995

Correct decision IMO Robertson put his hands on the official and got hit then cried like a baby what a dick.
Next season a new rule needs to be applied for players .Nobody is allowed to get close to an official to verbally abuse or agressivly protest a decision .Only the Captain gets his say and the official has the final say with VAR help of course .Start flashing yellow cards immediatly (plus red if second yellow issued ) and the players will soon know their role .Play the game ,let the officials do their job , send off Robertson , Fernandez etc for contact and the game will be better

BANG ON

If Mitrobitch is getting 12 games minimum then Robertson should as well.
You put your hands on an official in an aggressive manner then that should be the path taken.

I did hear the link had his wallet in a sleeve pocket on that arm. Totally reasonable action if a scrote grabs for it in Liverpool

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

non qpr on 22:30 - Apr 13 with 2145 viewsdaveB

right call imo, robertson went to have a go at him, tried to grab him, the lino shrugged him off and elbowed him by accident.
non qpr on 22:36 - Apr 13 with 2139 viewsrrrspricey

Robertson is a horrible, immensely unlikable piece of work who deserves a good slap on at least a daily basis.

Lino should be knighted.
non qpr on 22:53 - Apr 13 with 2102 viewsKonk

“The incident occurred just after the half-time whistle had been blown during the Premier League draw with Arsenal on Sunday, with Hatzidakis reacting after being confronted by Robertson. Hatzidakis was stood down during the FA investigation but, having spoken with and apologised to Robertson, has now been cleared of any wrongdoing and is free to continue his career.

“We have thoroughly reviewed all of the evidence in relation to the recent incident at Anfield involving the Liverpool defender Andrew Robertson and match official Constantine Hatzidakis, and we will be taking no further action,” read an FA statement.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/13/assistant-referee-hatzidakis-cl

It’s been great to see the authorities clamping down on players grabbing officials and abusing them since they started lobbying for Mitrovic to serve more than the 8 game ban he was given. Obviously been a massive deterrent and shown that the authorities are serious about stamping it out. Fantastic that Robertson received an apology from the linesman for shrugging him away after Robinson laid a hand on him. It’s this sort of consistency that fans love to see. Hopefully Bruno Fernandes will soon be getting an apology too.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

non qpr on 23:41 - Apr 13 with 2005 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Whatever happened to that rule that dissent pushes a free kick 12 yard closer?

Did I dream that?
non qpr on 23:55 - Apr 13 with 1978 viewsstowmarketrange

non qpr on 23:41 - Apr 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Did I dream that?

It didn’t last long before it was dropped.
non qpr on 00:02 - Apr 14 with 1954 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

non qpr on 23:55 - Apr 13 by stowmarketrange

It didn’t last long before it was dropped.

Shame. I don’t recall ever seeing it happen at LR
non qpr on 05:09 - Apr 14 with 1855 viewswesty

I’m not surprised Robertson reacts like he does look at his captain Gimp mask Henderson. In the refs face telling him to fck off, confronting every decision. F king grow up. No wonder the kids and their over protective deluded parents act like complete dicks on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Whilst a lot of officials need a good hard look at their performances they do deserve protection from the abuse they get from players.
Tbf the Lino should have chinned the cnt and given him something to moan about.

Usual Liverpool tactics, always someone else’s fault.

Best thing that happened through Covid was those scouse tossers winning the PL and not being able to celebrate it.
non qpr on 07:31 - Apr 14 with 1781 viewsozranger

First, let us remove a misconception and I will save Pinner the task. The captain is nothing more than someone to (a) make the toss, etc at the beginning and (b) someone that the referee can talk to about the team they "represent". The captain has no special powers to be able to confront any official and are considered just the same as any other player.

There has been so much talk over the past few years about the way that what is happening in the top leagues goes down to grass roots and yet, absolutely nothing is done. Why was Robertson not punished for his actions in this? Is money that important that the FA have no control over their own game? Probably.

If you want officials to be accountable as digswell would like and yes they should be when that is appropriate, then the players and managers and officials from clubs should also be and, at this time, that is definitely not the case.

In certain other "football" codes, if you touch an official you are automatically banned from the next game. In almost every other sport officials are treated at the highest level and with the utmost respect. In football, they are just treated as someone you can harass, swear at, confront, touch or hit, challenge and in some extreme cases threaten. How you can change that is to step on it from the top down. But, as I have said, unlike other sports, money has more power over the game than the governing body that is supposed to run it.
non qpr on 07:53 - Apr 14 with 1741 viewsJuzzie

non qpr on 23:41 - Apr 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Did I dream that?

I seem to remember it wasn’t optional either, the free kick moved forwards no matter what. In some cases it meant it was actually too close to the goal and favoured the defending team.
non qpr on 09:14 - Apr 14 with 1627 viewsLogman

Good decision. Any further punishment would just give further encouragement to players to taunt officials. As others have said, Robertson should be retrospectively punished for his part in haranguing the official.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2023 9:14]
non qpr on 09:19 - Apr 14 with 1607 viewsbosh67

non qpr on 22:04 - Apr 13 by Northolt_Rs

Lino’s built like a tank. Robertson is a scrawny cnt.

I believe this sentence was used in the FA's response.

Robertson runs up to him from behind and puts his hands on the lino. Lino's reaction is instinctive rather than calculated.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

non qpr on 09:24 - Apr 14 with 1594 viewsNorthernr

Right call. Nothing in it. Robertson shouldn't be grabbing an official anyway, I half wished he had actually decked him. Pleased to see that big angry clampdown on Mitrovic lasted all of a week.
non qpr on 09:32 - Apr 14 with 1578 viewsGaryBannister86

non qpr on 07:31 - Apr 14 by ozranger

First, let us remove a misconception and I will save Pinner the task. The captain is nothing more than someone to (a) make the toss, etc at the beginning and (b) someone that the referee can talk to about the team they "represent". The captain has no special powers to be able to confront any official and are considered just the same as any other player.

There has been so much talk over the past few years about the way that what is happening in the top leagues goes down to grass roots and yet, absolutely nothing is done. Why was Robertson not punished for his actions in this? Is money that important that the FA have no control over their own game? Probably.

If you want officials to be accountable as digswell would like and yes they should be when that is appropriate, then the players and managers and officials from clubs should also be and, at this time, that is definitely not the case.

In certain other "football" codes, if you touch an official you are automatically banned from the next game. In almost every other sport officials are treated at the highest level and with the utmost respect. In football, they are just treated as someone you can harass, swear at, confront, touch or hit, challenge and in some extreme cases threaten. How you can change that is to step on it from the top down. But, as I have said, unlike other sports, money has more power over the game than the governing body that is supposed to run it.

Bang on. Touch an umpire aggressively in cricket at amateur league level then you are removed from the game, opposition gain instant penalty runs and you are reported to the league with a long ban coming.

Referees at any level? Just abuse away. The sport needs to turn it around, and fast. Touch / abuse a ref at any level should be instant red card, penalty to the opposition and a long ban. We need to go too far the other way in order to drag it back, in my opinion.
non qpr on 09:35 - Apr 14 with 1558 viewshubble

non qpr on 22:30 - Apr 13 by Lblock

BANG ON

If Mitrobitch is getting 12 games minimum then Robertson should as well.
You put your hands on an official in an aggressive manner then that should be the path taken.

I did hear the link had his wallet in a sleeve pocket on that arm. Totally reasonable action if a scrote grabs for it in Liverpool

😂

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

non qpr on 15:17 - Apr 14 with 1364 viewsPinnerPaul

non qpr on 22:01 - Apr 13 by Juzzie

Raising your arms is not on but it was hardly a boxer’s KO. Robertson grabbed the lino’s arm and the lino shrugged him off. Robertson made an absolute meal out of it.

Yep!
non qpr on 15:18 - Apr 14 with 1360 viewsPinnerPaul

non qpr on 22:06 - Apr 13 by CLAREMAN1995

Perfect - one MINOR sticking point - getting the clubs to agree to it!
non qpr on 15:21 - Apr 14 with 1357 viewsPinnerPaul

non qpr on 07:31 - Apr 14 by ozranger

I think that nails it - spot on!
non qpr on 15:28 - Apr 14 with 1327 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting? little aside.

Officiated at a "Premier League Kicks" tournament yesterday.

Whole day - 2 tournaments - U16s boys and girls. All named professional clubs but not (certainly as far as the boys were concerned) the actual sides from those clubs.

PL branding all over the place, 200 hoodies given to the players for free.

Winners of regional tournaments go through to the final tournament PLUS a number of fair play winners.

Pages of advice on fair play for officials, the coaches, the managers and the players.

We had to mark every team in every match out of 5 for fair play - starting at 5 and knocking off marks for anything untoward - I did the girls tournament and gave everyone a 5 , bar one team who I won't name!

Handful of incidents involving poor behaviour across the whole day.

1) Where does it all go wrong and

2) How about the PL enforcing these fair play guidelines on the real PL as opposed to the 15/16 year olds!
non qpr on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 1292 viewsLogman

Maybe it's the big crowds and t.v cameras which make the officials bottle it. Difficult to have any real balls and red card players who are in your face when you are under the spotlight.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2023 15:39]
non qpr on 15:51 - Apr 14 with 1277 viewsRed_Ranger

Robertsons a big baby
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024