Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich league cup match thread. 21:16 - Aug 15 with 38289 viewsqpr_1968

i'll be there again as usual.

can't be on here to commentate.

1-1, win on pens.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Norwich league cup match thread. on 21:18 - Aug 15 with 9043 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Norwich league cup match thread. on 00:13 - Aug 16 with 8823 viewsHayesender

Just paid £130 for a hotel for the Southampton game (cheers RMT) so gonna give this one a swerve and watch on my stick.

Interesting to see what team he puts out. I'm old school so love a cup run, so hopefully he puts out a strong team

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Norwich league cup match thread. on 00:51 - Aug 16 with 8800 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Norwich league cup match thread. on 21:18 - Aug 15 by qpr_1968

JCS is back on the grass that should make Clives night .
Sounds like its going to be the second team with all the focus on Saturday.
Not sure that is fair on the fans but the league is the focus and if we can win at home it could be huge .
Norwich league cup match thread. on 01:07 - Aug 16 with 8775 viewsstainrods_elbow

Norwich league cup match thread. on 00:51 - Aug 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Not sure that is fair on the fans but the league is the focus and if we can win at home it could be huge .

Give me strength! How many times have we put out weakened teams in the Cups to 'save ourselves for Saturday', and then turned in a feckless/failing performance at the weekend anyway! Someone should do the research - I'd do it myself if I had the time and could be arsed!

And 'not fair on the fans, but . . .' leaves me not knowing whether to laugh or cry! We ARE the fans, ffs!!! If we're the ones being screwed, what kind of a self-loathing supporter colludes with it? It's like going to your local Nandos, realising they've taken most of the chicken off the menu, and then sitting there mumbling 'it's not fair on the diners, but I'd better suck up this horse steak instead and be grateful. Oh, and thank you Mr Hoos, for reminding us why we can't have birthday parties here anymore either!'

What a sordid, diluted, pragmatic, dreamless, and downwardly managed business this game (and some of its fans) have become!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 1:11]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Norwich league cup match thread. on 07:17 - Aug 16 with 8656 viewsnumptydumpty

Wasn't going to go ie home again on Saturday / Reserve team etc, but the win at Cardiff changed my mind - fatal error !!

Because I will be there - am predicting a miserable 0 - 2 reverse !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Norwich league cup match thread. on 07:34 - Aug 16 with 8612 viewsTomS

I recall a scene from the Battle of Britain film where the RAF had committed all its fighters in the decisive afternoon.

"Reserves"

"None"

"That's what I have just told the Prime Minister"

I feel QPR are in a similar position. Does anyone fancy a game tonight to help out the club?

Oh, 2-0 Norwich.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 08:28 - Aug 16 with 8530 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoping to God we treat this with respect for once. I get that a few players might be injured and might need to be rested but, those apart, I hope and pray we put out the strongest team available and try our absolute damnedest to win this game as we should every game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Norwich league cup match thread. on 08:45 - Aug 16 with 8474 viewskernowhoop

Norwich league cup match thread. on 08:28 - Aug 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Hoping to God we treat this with respect for once. I get that a few players might be injured and might need to be rested but, those apart, I hope and pray we put out the strongest team available and try our absolute damnedest to win this game as we should every game.

Yes, indeed.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich league cup match thread. on 09:05 - Aug 16 with 8419 viewsNed_Kennedys

Think the team will be light on first team players but think Norwich will do the same.
Expect to see Pedder, Dixon-Bonner, Kelman: chance for them to step up.

Will be there to see it unfold.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 09:18 - Aug 16 with 8365 viewsRs_Holy

Norwich league cup match thread. on 00:51 - Aug 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Its not fair on the fans but I learnt quite a few years ago that even at a reduced rate, its not worth paying out for tickets in cup games.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 09:19 - Aug 16 with 8372 viewsmart_Goblin

With a squad as paper thin on numbers and quality as it is, GA is never going to risk unnecessary injuries for the league campaign where every point might matter near the end .

Previous seasons I have moaned and bleated about weakened teams and disrespecting the cup and and the hypocrisy of saying how skint we are yet not pushing for wins in the cup to increase much needed revenue .

But with what he has at his disposal I think for once I agree with GA here . He has to rotate and save certain players . Imagine if Sinclair got injured now for example ?
We saw what happens at Cardiff when you take pace up front away from this team .
Norwich league cup match thread. on 09:31 - Aug 16 with 8321 viewsterryb

Norwich league cup match thread. on 01:07 - Aug 16 by stainrods_elbow

Give me strength! How many times have we put out weakened teams in the Cups to 'save ourselves for Saturday', and then turned in a feckless/failing performance at the weekend anyway! Someone should do the research - I'd do it myself if I had the time and could be arsed!

And 'not fair on the fans, but . . .' leaves me not knowing whether to laugh or cry! We ARE the fans, ffs!!! If we're the ones being screwed, what kind of a self-loathing supporter colludes with it? It's like going to your local Nandos, realising they've taken most of the chicken off the menu, and then sitting there mumbling 'it's not fair on the diners, but I'd better suck up this horse steak instead and be grateful. Oh, and thank you Mr Hoos, for reminding us why we can't have birthday parties here anymore either!'

What a sordid, diluted, pragmatic, dreamless, and downwardly managed business this game (and some of its fans) have become!

Why should anyone do the research for you if you "can't be arsed"?
Norwich league cup match thread. on 10:33 - Aug 16 with 8212 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Norwich league cup match thread. on 01:07 - Aug 16 by stainrods_elbow

Not sure why you are shooting the messenger there stainrodselbow that is not what I said at all.
I watched the interview came to my own conclusion that GA danced around the question of team selection yet told us he is going to give fringe players the start.
This means he is writing it off unless Richards and the the others can play with a new found desire and pride and shock the giants .
I hate our attitude towards cup runs and year after watch lower teams make deep cup runs either by luck or good draws / displays and wish it was us.
GA is paid for league stability or to go up not cup runs IMO and as usual the paying fans are left bitterly divided or dissapointed .I suspect not 1 would ever colude with it as you ask but its out of our hands .
Enjoy the game hopefully we can advance it would keep the nice friendly happy vibes going on here this week
Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:19 - Aug 16 with 8042 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'm with Clive on this - you play a strong team and try to win. Then repeat that in the next round. You can't moan about having no money and then throw cup games.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:28 - Aug 16 with 7997 viewsBushRanger82

As above.
We need to follow up the win at Cardiff, with as good a performance, from as strong as a side we're able to put out, as we can possibly muster.
3 or 4 unenforced changes to Saturday's line-up, could leave us open to a heavy beating on our own turf.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 7978 viewsR_from_afar

We all saw how desperately weak our bench was last Saturday. Much as I would love us to field a full strength team tonight, I just think it's too risky. I would rest Armstrong, Fox, Cook and Smyth and give Richards and Willock starts, amongst others. NB: I am not suggesting Richards and Willock replace Fox and Cook LOL.

COYRs

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:58 - Aug 16 with 7934 viewsLongRanger

Agree we should put out our best side available for momentum whilst giving a few a chance to prove themselves and resting any niggles...unfortunately the prize money angle doesn't wash in this cup, as I believe you have to share the gate receipts and get about £10k for winning in this round and little more in the next. Winner gets £100k.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 14:16 - Aug 16 with 7891 viewsQPRSteve

No bloody stream tonight, only audio because of those tossers running the EFL. I'd forgotten that stupid rule.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 14:37 - Aug 16 with 7831 viewsRs_Holy

we will lose 4-0 tonight ... It is what it is, we move on! .... Bring on the Tractor Boys
Norwich league cup match thread. on 16:27 - Aug 16 with 7602 viewsPaddyhoops

Good luck to all attending tonight. Working away from him so can’t make it.
Let’s hope the new pitch is worth the wait.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 17:33 - Aug 16 with 7419 viewsnumptydumpty

Sure Willock and Richards will play and its a great opportunity for both of them to make some impact on Ainsworth because currently both are well down in the pecking order.

It's almost a free hit. Ie the game result is irrelevant but decent performances will show themselves to the manager and if they are both to be respected and more in favour for Ainsworth, no better chance than tonight.

I personally would hope that gives them the hunger to show off their skills and team ethic.

Appreciate most on here think this is not possible with these two but myself being an ever deluded fan, am always hopeful !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Norwich league cup match thread. on 17:35 - Aug 16 with 7411 viewsqueensparker

Gorgeous evening in W12.

I’m not going to ruin it by watching a Carling Cup game featuring QPR, but Godspeed to all going
Norwich league cup match thread. on 18:12 - Aug 16 with 7280 viewsBoston

I'm another in the ambivalent column regarding tonight. Of course I'd prefer a win but it's more important to be fit and ready for Saturday.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Norwich league cup match thread. on 18:22 - Aug 16 with 7221 viewsSK_hoops

Norwich league cup match thread. on 17:33 - Aug 16 by numptydumpty

Sure Willock and Richards will play and its a great opportunity for both of them to make some impact on Ainsworth because currently both are well down in the pecking order.

It's almost a free hit. Ie the game result is irrelevant but decent performances will show themselves to the manager and if they are both to be respected and more in favour for Ainsworth, no better chance than tonight.

I personally would hope that gives them the hunger to show off their skills and team ethic.

Appreciate most on here think this is not possible with these two but myself being an ever deluded fan, am always hopeful !!!

I wouldn't call the outcome irrelevant. Its the league Cup, not a pre season friendly!
Norwich league cup match thread. on 18:23 - Aug 16 with 7210 viewseasthertsr

Isn't it time that this competition was got rid of? Nobody in the top two divisions plays their best side until the quarter finals, sometimes not even then. Man. City seem to win it every year mainly because they have the best reserves. Even if you draw a top team you're going to be playing their second eleven . Attendances are dwindling and all involved seem like they don't want to be there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024