Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defending corners. 17:48 - Jan 6 with 4435 viewsconnell10

Marti should call a training session tomorrow and just practice defending against dead balls. Over and over again until our useless players get it into their thick heads.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Defending corners. on 17:57 - Jan 6 with 3187 viewsstainrods_elbow

There's no point, mate, as a few abusive morons here have decided for everyone else. The coaching team are just lambs to the players' slaughter, apparently, and can do no wrong. The players are so shite they are uncoachable, and we're heading for the Isthmian League come what may. I'm super-confident these fans would say exactly the same to Marti's face.

Perhaps the first question in the post-match interview could be why his methods aren't working. Just a thought.
[Post edited 6 Jan 18:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Defending corners. on 17:58 - Jan 6 with 3201 viewsVancouverHoop

Marti should call a training session tomorrow and just practice defending against dead balls. Over and over again until our useless players get it into their thick heads.

I'm pretty certain he's done that... a lot.

I'm also sure every player in every team in the league's 92 can keep a clean sheet during practice. But when you're on a run like ours a part of your brain expects to lose. And the longer the run lasts the more that expectation hardens.
[Post edited 6 Jan 17:59]
Defending corners. on 17:58 - Jan 6 with 3196 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tomorrow?
All week, maybe.

Bare bones.

Defending corners. on 17:59 - Jan 6 with 3182 viewsLanhoop

Problem is that to practice defending corners on the training ground we need someone there who can deliver a decent dead ball.
Defending corners. on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 3130 viewsJamesB1979

We defend them perfectly in training as the ball in never beats the front man or goes miles over everyone’s head.
Defending corners. on 18:09 - Jan 6 with 3097 viewsted_hendrix

I'm quite sure we practice defending corners on a regular basis, during warm up's before games we used to practice the goalkeeper catching the ball too.

As the proverb goes 'You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Defending corners. on 18:11 - Jan 6 with 3089 viewsFDC

The deflection off Dunne following a neat routine was forgivable I thought, but my god the header after a grand tour of the penalty area unmarked at any point was abysmal
[Post edited 6 Jan 18:13]
Defending corners. on 18:11 - Jan 6 with 3086 viewscolinallcars

Have 'em in at 6am tomorrow for a bit of spud bashin'.
Login to get fewer ads

Defending corners. on 18:11 - Jan 6 with 3085 viewsFDC

Defending corners. on 18:06 - Jan 6 by JamesB1979

We defend them perfectly in training as the ball in never beats the front man or goes miles over everyone’s head.

Ha yes you could be onto something there !
Defending corners. on 18:15 - Jan 6 with 3051 viewsLandshark

I saw a stat that on average a team score from 3% of their corners. If someone is good with stats it would be good to know what our percentage is and what our conceded percentage is.
Defending corners. on 18:18 - Jan 6 with 3025 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Defending corners. on 17:57 - Jan 6 by stainrods_elbow

There's no point, mate, as a few abusive morons here have decided for everyone else. The coaching team are just lambs to the players' slaughter, apparently, and can do no wrong. The players are so shite they are uncoachable, and we're heading for the Isthmian League come what may. I'm super-confident these fans would say exactly the same to Marti's face.

Perhaps the first question in the post-match interview could be why his methods aren't working. Just a thought.
[Post edited 6 Jan 18:00]

Mate, you really are not understanding of the issues. These players have done the same thing for years.
Under Warburton the same thing was happening.

Do you go to games?
Defending corners. on 18:19 - Jan 6 with 3015 viewsGus_iom

Defending corners. on 18:11 - Jan 6 by colinallcars

Is that an euphemism?
Defending corners. on 18:24 - Jan 6 with 2982 viewsRangersw12

Today reminded me of Coventry away a couple of years ago where every corner you felt they would score

Embarrassing from so called professional footballers
Defending corners. on 18:25 - Jan 6 with 2959 viewsstainrods_elbow

Defending corners. on 18:18 - Jan 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Mate, you really are not understanding of the issues. These players have done the same thing for years.
Under Warburton the same thing was happening.

Do you go to games?

So Marti should come out and say to us, 'sorry, guys, the players are too stupid to be coached, and you/we should just resign ourselves to shipping 2/3 goals every game this way till we go down', right? He's not saying that at all, though, is he?

It's not that I'm not 'understanding' the players' deficiencies - it's that I'm refusing such black and white thinking, that's all, as opposed to those here who insist on it (it's 'all the players' and the coaches are just victims).
[Post edited 6 Jan 23:11]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Defending corners. on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 2937 viewslassel

I mean they undoubtedly practice to insanity defending set pieces but that doesn’t legislate for everyone switching off to the second phase and watching them pass it around us into the box and have Dunne shank a ball he didn’t need to go for into his own net.

Equally for the second, Larkeche was the tallest outfield player at 6’0. You can’t legislate in training for him missing the ball and the 6’5 centre forward getting to it.

With that said, the zonal defending setup clearly doesn’t work, but would any of you actually trust these losers to stay switched on enough to track and outfight their man? Going man for man still wouldn’t have eradicated the 5” height advantage for Moore at every set piece, not eradicated Begovic reacting at the speed of a smoke alarm with a dead battery.
Defending corners. on 18:35 - Jan 6 with 2916 viewswortonr

Defending corners. on 18:25 - Jan 6 by stainrods_elbow

So Marti should come out and say to us, 'sorry, guys, the players are too stupid to be coached, and you/we should just resign ourselves to shipping 2/3 goals every game this way till we go down', right? He's not saying that at all, though, is he?

It's not that I'm not 'understanding' the players' deficiencies - it's that I'm refusing such black and white thinking, that's all, as opposed to those here who insist on it (it's 'all the players' and the coaches are just victims).

Yes mate, you’re right there.
Defending corners. on 18:36 - Jan 6 with 2908 viewslassel

A manager did exactly that in Critchley - he told you to your face that these losers are completely uncoachable with the integrity of tracing paper and the players threw such a complete and utter tantrum that we had to sack him to avoid 5/6/7-0 defeats every week for the rest of the season. We only stayed up due to a genuine miracle.

If Marti fronted up tomorrow and said it in public how he is in private, you’d want him sacked for writing off the rest of the season (and the next few seasons with it).
[Post edited 6 Jan 18:37]
Defending corners. on 19:02 - Jan 6 with 2788 viewsCateLeBonR

I don't remember us being this bad at defending corners under Ainsworth. Just about everything else was crap but defending corners we were ok at. Can we not just go back to that system? It's basically the same players. The defence as a whole is much better now (obviously not today). Just being ok at defending corners would improve this side immeasurably.

I always hate it when I hear people describe us as "embarrassing" but today it was embarrassing.
Defending corners. on 19:16 - Jan 6 with 2702 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Defending corners. on 17:59 - Jan 6 by Lanhoop

Problem is that to practice defending corners on the training ground we need someone there who can deliver a decent dead ball.

Plus, we have to win the corner in the first place!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Defending corners. on 19:22 - Jan 6 with 2683 viewsDorse

Defending corners. on 18:11 - Jan 6 by colinallcars

Definitely. A good punch in the bollocks is just what the doctor ordered.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Defending corners. on 19:25 - Jan 6 with 2667 viewsdaveB

the keeper should go to that local goalkeeper school to see how to deal with corners
Defending corners. on 19:54 - Jan 6 with 2587 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Noticed you didn't answer as to whether u go to games or not. I think I know the answer.

If any manager said what you're suggesting he wouldn't last 5 minutes (Critchley).
When did Ferguson, Wenger, Clough, Guardiola, Klopp do what you're suggesting?

All you do is rage, with no sensible suggestions.
Defending corners. on 19:58 - Jan 6 with 2553 viewsbenhurst

Something worth pointing out when it comes to set pieces - of the 9 we've conceded under Marti only one (Sheffield Wednesday) happened with both JCS and Cook on the pitch (none if you add Cannon to that), and even then Cook hadn't been on the pitch for very long. Only one of our next nine matches are midweek so you'd like to hope those two will be able to play most of them.

I actually don't think we've conceded a single goal yet with Paal, JCS, Cook, and Cannon as a back four.
[Post edited 6 Jan 20:41]
Defending corners. on 20:03 - Jan 6 with 2534 viewsNortholt_Rs

Defending corners. on 17:58 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

Tomorrow?
All week, maybe.

Tonight….all night.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Defending corners. on 20:46 - Jan 6 with 2428 viewsHooparoo

We haven’t had a decent corner defence since Richard Dunne left. Got his head on to everything. Not fcking complicated is it?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024